Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-29, 15:17   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Recent four-season "epics"

I realized recently how much I'm drawn to four-season adventure series, though "adventure" is probably too limiting a description. Basically, I loved FMA, I loved Eureka Seven, and I'm loving Ayakashi Ayashi even though it's only beginning - it just excites me so much to know I'm heading into another long and epic story. I know Code GEASS is going to be four seasons total, so I'm aware of that one. I've been considering watching BLOOD+ but it seems to get more bad reviews than good ones.

My question is, is there anything I've missed? Let's say, in the past five years. I'd prefer a description of why you're recommending an anime instead of just a name.

Also, I'd rather you stick to precisely four seasons because I don't want any recommendations for series that never end (Bleach, Naruto) which everyone would probably recommend to me otherwise.

Thanks!
Old 2006-12-29, 15:39   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Blood+ is definitely watchable. Aside for one "useless" arc it was pretty decent. I picked it up with 0 knowlidge about the series and it turned out pretty ok - i wouldn't sit trough 52 eps of something i don't like.

Other than that...

Tsubasa Chronicle + Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Series - 52 eps in total. Adventure/fantasy/(some)romance. Haven't finished it myself yet (only started watching it 2 days ago), but it seems pretty ok and most importantly - keeps me entertained. Granted, some of the events seem cheesy as hell, and the plot is not the newest thing either, but it is presented in a way i find it likable and interesting. One thing i especially like is the music.

If you are in to mecha - Gundam SEED (50 eps) + it's sequel - Gundam SEED Destiny (50 eps). Pretty decent mecha action + drama. Granted, the first season is a lot better than the second, but still was pretty ok. Personally i liked them both, despite some of the flaws of the second season.
Old 2006-12-30, 06:48   Link #3
miaka

D.Grayman - currently ongoing, its going to have 52 episodes, shounen action adventure.

have you watched 12 Kingdoms... 45 episodes, action, adventure. drama with nice character development and interesting plot in oriental fantasy theme.
Closed Thread