AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-27, 23:53   Link #681
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno, with Rachel undoubtedbly being top tier in Calamity Trigger, one could make a case that her move set is actually 'broken'.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 23:59   Link #682
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

too bad they nerfed her to oblivion in the first loke.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 00:34   Link #683
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I dunno, with Rachel undoubtedbly being top tier in Calamity Trigger, one could make a case that her move set is actually 'broken'.
There are 2 types of broken, though. One is noob friendly brokenness, and the other is the type of brokenness that need a huge amount of practicing time to be able to pull it off. Heavily nerf the latter, somehow IMO, is unfair, especially to those who have spent all their time and effort into mastering such strength. Note that I said "heavily".
Old 2009-09-28, 00:51   Link #684
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Doesn't change the fact that it is something 'broken' that needs to be fixed.

And relax guys, it's all in good humour, if my reply to Tamad's version of 'broken' and replying it with another definition of 'broken' is of any indication.

But seriously speaking now, I don't see Rachel nerf to be as big as Nu nerf (or whatever her new incarnation is). Not only that, but I don't see mastering Rachel nearly as hard as mastering, say, Carl, nor is Rachel that much more difficult to play as your average character. So I really don't see the reason why all the qq over Rachel.

And besides, we haven't got the game proper yet, and don't know all the ins and outs of the game yet. I mean, for all we know, Rachel might have gotten an infinite in the process. Or at the very least, if she's still tourney viable, no?
Old 2009-09-28, 01:15   Link #685
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm still patiently waiting for the final outcome, so no sweat. At least to me, Rachel isn't an easy type to play, and all the nerf I read are going to affect almost every of her combo.

I just have another question. Is it already confirmed that this will be the whole new game, and won't be any DLC? My friend who intended to buy BlazBlue recently has to reconsider his decision after hearing about this. Maybe it's better to tell him just wait and buy Continuum Shift instead?
Old 2009-09-28, 02:09   Link #686
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I just have another question. Is it already confirmed that this will be the whole new game, and won't be any DLC? My friend who intended to buy BlazBlue recently has to reconsider his decision after hearing about this. Maybe it's better to tell him just wait and buy Continuum Shift instead?
It hasn't been confirmed whether it's DLC or not but I have a strong feeling it won't be.

For the sake of the story I'd get both games, as that's why I play BlazBlue. For the interesting story and likeable characters.

If you just play it cause it's a fun fighting game then by all means just get Continuum Shift, but then again there's probably going to be another game even after this one.

So yeah, really the only reason to buy Calamity Trigger after Continuum Shift's release is for story purposes.
Old 2009-09-28, 04:07   Link #687
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
But seriously speaking now, I don't see Rachel nerf to be as big as Nu nerf (or whatever her new incarnation is).
New Nu is rumored to be getting an invincible dragon punch, in other words a great GTFO me move which will get spammed by noobs which allows for easy punishes.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 06:20   Link #688
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8619/bbcshazama.jpg

Hazama, not Terumi, confirmed as second new playable (third if you actually count Lambda as new, which you shouldn't). Just to note that as pointed out in the "BlazBlue Setting Materials Collection", Terumi is actually a ghost possessing the man called Hazama.

Edit: Just to note people, kayos's post above didn't have the Hazama pic (or any mention of Hazama) up there when I started writing up this post. However, I have absolutely no intention of removing this post.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2009-09-28 at 07:13.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 07:16   Link #689
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I like Hazama's style.

I think if it's going to be a separated game, doesn't it will divide the fanbase into 2? People who hate the change, and will stick with the old game, and people who move on.

Either way, I guess we can only wait. Hoping they won't make a series of BB just like what they did with GG.
Old 2009-09-28, 08:32   Link #690
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol did I see Souther/Thouther and Rugal in Hazama's moves?

I think he's no doubt going to be the boss character, we may get an Unlimited Hazama that's like a SNK boss lol

And lol, he hates cats, I think this means funny quotes between him and Tao.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 09:07   Link #691
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I was hoping for Valkenhein (spelling?) instead, but I guess Hazama is so a great character, considering this info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzaku on Dustloop
And there's our second new playable character.

It's Hazama, by the way, not Terumi. Just throwing that out there.

Drive: Ouroborus - Summons and manipulates chains, which he can apparantly use for movement or to attack. It's similar to Spider-man and his webs.

He uses knives.
[Off-topic]
C.A.: My PSN friend request is still on pending .
Old 2009-09-28, 09:13   Link #692
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol due to school, I've not been playing my PS3 for a long time and my router is dead so I've not been online.

I've been playing all my Blazblue in the arcade in my school's neighbourhood.

My greatest achievement was defeating a clap looping Carl, owed that to MSY's match videos lol

Spamming B+C to counter throws and winding off immediately definitely counters Carl. No wonder Rachel has such a high match-up against Carl.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 09:57   Link #693
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Carl's also like third from the bottom in the tier rankings and yeah CA, i know what you mean. i beasted like 7 hours this weekend, and i won't be able to play it again until thanksgiving, unless a friend of mine decides to go home. it saddens me.

and yeah, Hazama looks imba already.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-09-28, 13:33   Link #694
ZeroForever

Actually Carl's like #4 on the tier listing after Nu/Rachel/Arakune due to the loop... Of those 3 Rachel is the only one that can break the loop due to wind.

either way guess the explaination on the Nu nerfs is that it's not Nu rather Lamda (#11) of the series. So it's the prototypes before Noel or Nu, still overall i'm ok with some of the changes, smaller swords and making more moves non-j.C, along with higher delay on some C moves makes it more risky to poke.
Old 2009-09-28, 15:01   Link #695
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ oops, read a wrong list, before Carls infinite was factored in.

anywho, has anyone actually remote played this game on their psp? i'm seriously considering getting one for mainly this purpose. (yeah, other games and jailbreaking etc too)

Old 2009-09-28, 15:32   Link #696
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Remote play = major lag, even when playing single player. You'd be hardpressed to do any kind of special moves, let alone long combo strings/distortion drives. Then again, I'm behind a router, and I don't have ginormous T3 connections or whatnot.

Also note that the PSP doesn't exactly have the best button arrangements. (As a side note, having learned of its clunkiness via Blazblue, its only the PSP button arrangements thats keeping me from buying Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Codes via the PSN store.)
Old 2009-09-28, 15:39   Link #697
Clarste
Human

Hazama's drive is "Uroboros" so he seems thematically suited for infinite combos...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 15:48   Link #698
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Hazama's the 2nd new one eh?

Kinda ironic considering he even said himself he sucks at fighting. =P
Old 2009-09-28, 16:21   Link #699
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i heard/read that the remote play wasn't laggy at all. hmm. anyways, my friend and i are going to try it out with his psp come thanksgiving. if it works, i'll take the dive on black friday.

Old 2009-09-28, 18:38   Link #700
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Wow! Hazama! What a surprise... I'll pray for them to add Makoto or Valkenheim later to the party...

After hearing about Hazama, i started reading about the changes and... Man, Rachel got it pretty hard, huh? The frog is useless and the wind recovery is slower? Now i don't know what to do...

Not that i will stop maining her, but i will not play with her in Calamity Trigger anymore. I don't want to get even more used to stuff that i know that is not in the next game. Man, the frog was vital for a lot of combos... And i never got used with the pumpkin(to say the least, i don't use him at all, only to pressure someone that is in the other corner)... Crying lots of rivers here...

But it will be nice to play with her using different tactics. The slower wind will be a problem, but not suuuch a big problem if they added some tricks in her slave.

Oh yeah, i loved Lambda 11, hahaha. First Nu, now Lambda... Noel is probably Rho since she is so different from Nu. And at least is a new char, hahaha.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360