AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-23, 08:20   Link #32901
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, now that I question the origin...

Which one is better? Mandatory screening or four/five male pilot popping out at once?
Old 2012-06-23, 08:27   Link #32902
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hmm, now that I question the origin...

Which one is better? Mandatory screening or four/five male pilot popping out at once?
Mandatory screening kind of make more sense... considering that every nation want their own male IS pilot.... (to find out how to make IS work for males without other nation know)

Ichika is still unique being the brother of Chifuyu.....(you know...the badass of the universe?)

I avoid this with: Even after screening every males in every counties the Odd is next to impossible

Joan is the only another male IS pilot. Nemo cheated. Edelweiss pilot Prototype IS. kill-joy who may appear later, pilot glitched IS core.
Old 2012-06-23, 08:30   Link #32903
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Amongst male pilot, he DID have considerably high sync rank of B+ (Whereas average female student is rated at B, with occasional A or C, most male pilot is on D to C region)

As for that idea, that was what currently used, and the screening is done to acceptable range of 13/14 to keep up with the cost. The result is the same: Japanese male pilot.

It got so absurd in Ichika's generation that there are four male pilot of Japanese origin, though to be fair, there's other two foreign male pilot, French and Australian.
Old 2012-06-23, 08:33   Link #32904
Eratas123

Now that there's more than 1 male pilot, Ichika won't get as much shark eyes at him.
Old 2012-06-23, 08:39   Link #32905
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

He's actually torn up at first whether to be proud or to be annoyed by his famed status as Chifuyu's brother (Ichika's more proactive here than Canon or ST does), which is why he's determined to find his own strength and surpass every expectation.

Also, due to rule of funny, Dan is not as popular in his class, but find himself a harem composed of older girls and women (and Risa)
Old 2012-06-23, 08:44   Link #32906
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How about the only guy with an IS created personally by Tabane?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 08:44   Link #32907
Eratas123

Better hope he doesn't slip off the slope.

@ Demi - tabane didn't make it, the one who was supposed to make Kanzashi's IS did.
Old 2012-06-23, 08:46   Link #32908
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Tabane did complete it, but that part seems to be kept secret anyway.

Fold out armor and Yukihira wasn't the biggest cause of flaws ByakuShiki had, it's because ByakuSHiki was constructed hastily.
Old 2012-06-23, 08:54   Link #32909
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I thought the flaw was that it sucked out too much energy at once?
Old 2012-06-23, 08:58   Link #32910
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's energy pool is low to begin with, Yukihira just made it worse. Second Shift made it even worse.

Utilization of Yukihira requires high finesse in swordplay, something Ichika doesn't have. In a way, Chifuyu forced it to Ichika in spite of it being unsuitable weapon.

Its part of her hypocritical intention of making Ichika strong and independent, and yet wanting Ichika to develop toward a route she think the best.
Old 2012-06-23, 09:06   Link #32911
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...theory then. Byakushiki was originally expending too much energy at once with Yukihira which rendered it a flawed unit. When Tabane got hold of the unit, she realized she could apply her fold out armor technology here. Instead of using the fold out armor to maximize the energy usage, she applies the fold out armor so that the Yukihira isn't permanently on with the barrier void attack. She added the gameshark for kicks and experimentation.

I always thought that Ichika was a sucker for saying that he wanted power to protect his sister, but the power he was gaining was exactly the same power the one he wanted to protect already had.
Old 2012-06-23, 09:11   Link #32912
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, thanks, that theory actually used already in ST, ST!Ichika use the physical form more than the beam saber form. This is the difference between Yukihira I and Yukihira II, the first has no mode switch, instead it cover the physical blade with barrier void (like manga version portray). Theoretically, Yukihira II and it's successor has 4 modes, with Beam saber + barrier void being the most destructive and energy consuming.

Well, both of them has the same feeling apparently, it can be justified in case of Ichika though, being teenager and all :|
Old 2012-06-23, 09:16   Link #32913
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But as a man I don't agree to his way of thinking... his wanting to be good enough just doesn't sit well with me and my ideal of be better. One of the other reasons that his character rubs me the wrong way.

Chifuyu gives him power, but isn't utterly willing to let him leave the fold. A complex and very human feeling. But her indecisiveness irks me sometimes.
Old 2012-06-23, 09:20   Link #32914
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hey, if they're perfectly good and whatnot, Chifuyu will be the biggest sue in the entire series
Old 2012-06-23, 09:25   Link #32915
demino_hellsin
That one guy

True... but Ichika is already stu in my book. Chifuyu straddles the line but is still in the proper character since she has a setback.
Old 2012-06-23, 09:28   Link #32916
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Anti-Stu maybe, but let's steer this to the more constructive attempt rather than character bashing.

Should I keep Houki's ultraviolence flaw until gospel or should I change for something else? Anything to share?
Old 2012-06-23, 09:33   Link #32917
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

What other flaws does she have prior to gospel? Canon-wise that is.
Old 2012-06-23, 09:33   Link #32918
Eratas123

I finished the chapter! I have to say, writing Charlotte's is way easier, especially when I make Ichika and Charles bros
Old 2012-06-23, 09:35   Link #32919
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*shrugs* it was going to be more of writer/editor bashing but eh.

keep it for as long as you want. Remember, this is the girl who has every single reason to be unreasonably angry in every single second of her life. And mix that with her history of being trained to be the successor of the family arts... not good. She practically has no outlet other than beating the crap out of people and probably knows no other way. When you do decide to try and make her less violent, I think it would be nice if you gave her an alternative outlet since she doesn't seem to be the adaptive type.
Old 2012-06-23, 09:36   Link #32920
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
General insecurity and dishonesty? In plenty of ways, Rin is the same. The difference that for Houki violence is way of keeping herself intact while for Rin it's way to hide her fragility.

@ Demi
I can use that, thank you. Meeting Rin Kujou and soundly defeated in the tournament made things worse for a while, but will make things better in the future development.

@ Eras
And still I struck with goddamned 13-year old teen romance. But congratulations

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest