AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2011-08-19, 13:36   Link #17121
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
argh, you only linked the thumb on that clare, don't tease like that without delivering
Sorry, it's edited now
Old 2011-08-19, 13:40   Link #17122
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Just thought this might be good reposts. Can't tell where I got this from Jeez, I wonder who the heck thought of changing such a dark series like Claymore into chibi style

Last edited by Jean Claymore; 2011-08-19 at 13:57. Reason: added a pic
Jean Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 14:28   Link #17123
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Sorry, it's edited now
Spoiler for good job!:

Old 2011-08-19, 14:57   Link #17124
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Just thought this might be good reposts. Can't tell where I got this from Jeez, I wonder who the heck thought of changing such a dark series like Claymore into chibi style

While it maybe a pic of two characters from there loli past, it's still a very dark pic imho. I mean lets face it, there locked up, have just been turned into hybrids, and are now being forced to merge there minds in hellish training that risks Luciela turning into a monster.

It's been one of my favorite Raphaela pics for a long time now since of how dark it is... yet there so innocent too.

Quote:
Hmm... I don't recall this one. Lolz at Yuma and Helen (since they kinda got there comedic cliches going on atm)
Old 2011-08-19, 17:26   Link #17125
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
While it maybe a pic of two characters from there loli past, it's still a very dark pic imho. I mean lets face it, there locked up, have just been turned into hybrids, and are now being forced to merge there minds in hellish training that risks Luciela turning into a monster.

It's been one of my favorite Raphaela pics for a long time now since of how dark it is... yet there so innocent too.

Hmm... I don't recall this one. Lolz at Yuma and Helen (since they kinda got there comedic cliches going on atm)
Eh? Locked up? I thought they where in some kinda incest route situation Ah, I forgot you where Luciella freak as well... no offense. I find those 2 just seem to have weird relationships further than sisters (can't explain, but there poses in its merging state was kinda...
Old 2011-08-19, 18:30   Link #17126
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Eh? Locked up? I thought they where in some kinda incest route situation Ah, I forgot you where Luciella freak as well... no offense. I find those 2 just seem to have weird relationships further than sisters (can't explain, but there poses in its merging state was kinda...
Nah... I'm no Luciela freak, I'm a Raphaela and Luciela super freak

No, no, no... please don't confuse normal anime/manga tropes with Claymore. There is no incest going on between these sisters. It's all about context, recall Claymore is pretty much the anti-shonen shonen, since females are the dominate sex for fighters, there is no romance (the exception so far seems to be Roxanne manipulating Cassandra and a few others), power corrupts not strengthens, the heroes fall and become the villains and not always due to there own failings but pure bad luck often enough, the heroes are practically hermits and shunned yet still willing to throw there lives away for others, there seems to be strong unspoken bonds that develop between fellow warriors yet it's rarely expressed between them (no friendship speech between the two friends, both just know it and accept... though they will explain it to others if it will help them. i.e... Deneve explaining her an Helen to Undine... Even better many know it but can't accept it for various reasons (i.e. Clare with Jean, since Clare doesn't view herself as worthy of it), etc... While many others series use one or two of these many examples it's rare to find ones that do as many as Claymore does at such a constant basis.

Anyways, I see the pic as being more akin to Clare explaining her past with Elena (the girl from ch 4) to Raki. Where she described them as crying each other to sleep. The anime went a step further and put them in a prison and the latest chapters seem to have implied the trainees where treated pretty much like that too. So in this case we just have two scared sisters latching on to each other since they're all each other has in a very dark moment of there young lives.

Hence why I love the pic, since it so matches our understanding of the days between becoming a warrior and after becoming a hybrid. As much as the girls may have wanted revenge in there hearts after the yoma killed there loved ones even the most vengeful people will get scared a cling to each other when they're completely helpless. This is even more true when dealing with very young children, they truly crave comfort and if they only have each other then they will give it to each other.

How do I put this best... Ask yourself what is "art". To me, the answer to this question is something created that makes one think when viewing that thing. Here we have a drawing that makes one wonder just what these two girls are going through and if the viewer knows the context of the plot of the manga or anime Claymore then they'll look at this picture and hopefully realize the intent of what is transpiring in that moment of there lives and wonder just what is causing them to react that way in that moment. Could it be more training? Are they about to get scolded for not training fast enough for the orgs schedule? Have they even had training yet and just wondering what the org will do to them after turning them into hybrids? Are they about to meet Rubel for the first time? I look at this pic and all those thoughts and more just rush through my head. In this fanart there is clearly a vital moment transpiring and these two seem very scared... Rhetorical Question: Is that not enough to make you think about just what it is going on?

Recall while yes they are forced to "bond" mentally with each other... just try to imagine what hell the org put these two girls though to make them want to start destroying there individuality (not as much as Alica and Beth mind you) so they'd become dependent on each other. That way they'd not fear there yoki synced minds any more but crave such a bond. So that way they could theoretical completely merge there minds and one of them could "give" there consciousness to the other so she could awaken her body and become there desired weapon (well at least prove it was possible, so a more perfected gen 2 could take there place one day). I mean we're talking about a state of connection between two minds that really exceeds anything the human mind itself is capable of... anyones natural response to such a connected state (at least as implied by these series) would be to reject it. Simply put the mind of one just can't contain the thought process of two individuals at the same time and still keep the original mind in tact. Both sisters must have instinctively sensed this but being forced and manipulated to constantly keep trying by the org that they deluded themselves into believing everything would be alright if they just had each other. Oh, how they must have feared each new level of there training. At least that's what I think when I look at this pic.

I've also heard several others talking about what they though of when they looked at this and most where very interesting ways to view that pic. One of them that really stuck with me was the two sisters where looking out the window just remembering there past before all they became hybrids (you know they whole prisoner staring out the window recalling freedom cliche), and then they got startled by the org coming to collect them for more training. While not as "fanboy crazy level of thought" as mine it does really fit the scene too... @anyone reading this if you have your own thought on this pic please share I'd love to hear it.

Anyways my point is... this pic, while not drawn or colored with the level of skill of a master artist, it does seem to to have been made by someone who really had an idea or moment they wanted to capture. That just by itself makes this one of the truly great Claymore fanarts. I hate to use the term but this pic has a "soul" to it, or at the very least we as humans personify a "soul" on to it.

EDIT: Wow, didn't mean to write so much
Old 2011-08-19, 19:34   Link #17127
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 20:47   Link #17128
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGuyKai View Post
The timing of that after my tl;dr , if I didn't know better I'd say you'd held that in reserve for a "less talk, more pics" moment

Glad too see 尾上純季 is still making Claymore pics ... after a week of none I'd feared his 3 month streak of a pic every 5-6 days was ending.
Old 2011-08-19, 21:10   Link #17129
Comeda
Heart Of Creation

Helo Everyone!
Greetings form Poland!!
I'm a new in this forum, and i have some business . .'

So, did anyone help me for searching some art of Irene Claymore? I've searched fifty seven pages of 800, and i found 97 pictures - 20% of that it concerned that same Irene . .'

I know, that work is enough heavy, but i please you for find some pretty arts... 5-7 is enough for me. Can I count on your help? I please cordially.
Comeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 21:21   Link #17130
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Nah... I'm no Luciela freak, I'm a Raphaela and Luciela super freak

No, no, no... please don't confuse normal anime/manga tropes with Claymore. There is no incest going on between these sisters. It's all about context, recall Claymore is pretty much the anti-shonen shonen, since females are the dominate sex for fighters, there is no romance (the exception so far seems to be Roxanne manipulating Cassandra and a few others), power corrupts not strengthens, the heroes fall and become the villains and not always due to there own failings but pure bad luck often enough, the heroes are practically hermits and shunned yet still willing to throw there lives away for others, there seems to be strong unspoken bonds that develop between fellow warriors yet it's rarely expressed between them (no friendship speech between the two friends, both just know it and accept... though they will explain it to others if it will help them. i.e... Deneve explaining her an Helen to Undine... Even better many know it but can't accept it for various reasons (i.e. Clare with Jean, since Clare doesn't view herself as worthy of it), etc... While many others series use one or two of these many examples it's rare to find ones that do as many as Claymore does at such a constant basis.
lol… Easy man. I know Claymore has a very dark atmosphere/heavy air and always conducts great plot developments which can’t be compared to that of any mangas/animes I’ve watched so far (unlike those animes with fan services that have its strong sense of ‘ecchi’ and ‘harem’). Look, it’s not like I’m ignoring/disagreeing with your beliefs how this pic is rendering its true meaning of despair and hardship the warriors have once they become hybrids/half monsters even though their too young and how are they risking there own lives to save others, but Claymore also focuses on there genres as Slice of Life giving the challenges to the characters to face new events happening during there tragic everyday lives and what awaits in the future, not just Shounen (and that’s why I think Claymore far surpasses Berserk in a matter of character developments). Trust me, I didn’t intend to offend/measure up Claymore’s unique sense/color underrate to that of Shotacon anime/manga series (come on, I was only throwing a joke ). And yeah, bonding strong friendships and having there very rational reasons to fight for the sake of others whom they treasure are also part of its exceptional elements the series Claymore bear with and no doubt the warriors have faith in them and for the others not even feeling the need to spell it out. Or rather their not very expressive nor do they show much affection/emotions as I stated before.

Quote:
Anyways, I see the pic as being more akin to Clare explaining her past with Elena (the girl from ch 4) to Raki. Where she described them as crying each other to sleep. The anime went a step further and put them in a prison and the latest chapters seem to have implied the trainees where treated pretty much like that too. So in this case we just have two scared sisters latching on to each other since they're all each other has in a very dark moment of there young lives.

Hence why I love the pic, since it so matches our understanding of the days between becoming a warrior and after becoming a hybrid. As much as the girls may have wanted revenge in there hearts after the yoma killed there loved ones even the most vengeful people will get scared a cling to each other when they're completely helpless. This is even more true when dealing with very young children, they truly crave comfort and if they only have each other then they will give it to each other.
Hmm.... I can’t really say since our viewpoints are totally different or how we judge them, but I knew they where held in a prison at the very first glance. Yeah, it is not as clearly stated as it was in anime version imprisoning the trainees, but we at least have our suppositions that all warriors have suffered there dark past and always carried on to overcome and they fight in order to avenge for there loved ones lost in the past. Well, I think children would have most likely relied on themselves and had there own path to ‘progress’ and subdue there dark past and difficulties to live the present. Yes, it is actually very realistic and a tragic way to overcome and face the reality. In fact, there wouldn’t be lots who could endure it and accept there destinies to fight those man-eating voracious yomas yet being children. Frankly, I think the pic pretty much gives out how cruel the reality is and how much those warriors should have strengthen both mentally and physically in order to survive and have progress/make there way of living.

Quote:
How do I put this best... Ask yourself what is "art". To me, the answer to this question is something created that makes one think when viewing that thing. Here we have a drawing that makes one wonder just what these two girls are going through and if the viewer knows the context of the plot of the manga or anime Claymore then they'll look at this picture and hopefully realize the intent of what is transpiring in that moment of there lives and wonder just what is causing them to react that way in that moment. Could it be more training? Are they about to get scolded for not training fast enough for the orgs schedule? Have they even had training yet and just wondering what the org will do to them after turning them into hybrids? Are they about to meet Rubel for the first time? I look at this pic and all those thoughts and more just rush through my head. In this fanart there is clearly a vital moment transpiring and these two seem very scared... Rhetorical Question: Is that not enough to make you think about just what it is going on?
I honestly couldn’t give you a fair answer if you ask about arts, but I think the answer is to guess out what exactly is the artist trying to express by its drawings and what makes you understand in what situation their in, how their feeling, blah blah blah (pretty much the same answer as yours, didn’t mean to copy but still...). Anyways, as to the pic I must say their some kinda scarred of facing there fighting with huge yomas and trainings... like a bird trying to get out from its birdcage? Or maybe I should say their inspired to overcome there fears and go forward? I don’t know... its kind too vague to guess out what the hell is really going on on that pic (yes, I’m too airheaded to analyze ). What I’m sure and I can tell is that their in a very pitiful situation with no helps and they have to overthrow there fear to get out of that cell. I no good observer into things and can’t really appraise them while your very good at pointing every single details on that pic, so guess I’ll stop talking about pics here. As for the last question you made is true (to me) since as to me the pic just seems to be lacking many of other details that I could certainly say what’s really into them or what’re they up to.

Quote:
Recall while yes they are forced to "bond" mentally with each other... just try to imagine what hell the org put these two girls though to make them want to start destroying there individuality (not as much as Alica and Beth mind you) so they'd become dependent on each other. That way they'd not fear there yoki synced minds any more but crave such a bond. So that way they could theoretical completely merge there minds and one of them could "give" there consciousness to the other so she could awaken her body and become there desired weapon (well at least prove it was possible, so a more perfected gen 2 could take there place one day). I mean we're talking about a state of connection between two minds that really exceeds anything the human mind itself is capable of... anyones natural response to such a connected state (at least as implied by these series) would be to reject it. Simply put the mind of one just can't contain the thought process of two individuals at the same time and still keep the original mind in tact. Both sisters must have instinctively sensed this but being forced and manipulated to constantly keep trying by the org that they deluded themselves into believing everything would be alright if they just had each other. Oh, how they must have feared each new level of there training. At least that's what I think when I look at this pic.

*scratches head* Kinda obscure if you ask me... well, yeah you could call them (the org) as putrid mad scientists from devils a**holes since they try to destroy there minds to create a perfect loyal warriors that could do there jobs not needing to dirt there hands off. Speaking of bonding minds, I have to say it’s not completely impossible for humans to do such a thing in real world as well (meaning by feeling other one’s feelings/emotions), I mean, not like the type of controlling/holding completely the other one’s consciousness to make him/her be able to transform and have a supernatural power that could stand against a monster without going insane at all, but (sorry for being too scientifical in Claymore’s world) genetically, brothers/sisters do share some kinda telepathy that connects them mentally, so Yagi might have used that base to use it as a special ability in Claymore’s world (though exaggerated). Yeah, and I do agree one bearing out other’s consciousness and maintain its control from others mind is way too harsh and straining oneself risking its own life of holding it until that one brakes the control and causes death of the other. And I think the stress they’ve been suffering is just too much for its endless trainings compelled by the org members threatening them that that’s the only way they can survive as hybrids. It’s just too much burden for the kids so to say.

Quote:
I've also heard several others talking about what they though of when they looked at this and most where very interesting ways to view that pic. One of them that really stuck with me was the two sisters where looking out the window just remembering there past before all they became hybrids (you know they whole prisoner staring out the window recalling freedom cliche), and then they got startled by the org coming to collect them for more training. While not as "fanboy crazy level of thought" as mine it does really fit the scene too... @anyone reading this if you have your own thought on this pic please share I'd love to hear it.

Anyways my point is... this pic, while not drawn or colored with the level of skill of a master artist, it does seem to to have been made by someone who really had an idea or moment they wanted to capture. That just by itself makes this one of the truly great Claymore fanarts. I hate to use the term but this pic has a "soul" to it, or at the very least we as humans personify a "soul" on to it.

EDIT: Wow, didn't mean to write so much
Well, that's when I firstly thought of it watching them see through the windows (typical way of reaction the prisoners behave in cells). Soul? Yeah, that sure sounds odd Rather say great. Hey, I just remembered this is Claymore... even though I'm on my very first time trying to figure out what in the heck a character's thinking or the artist's trying to say, it's not very comfortable talking about this kind of stuffs.

Em... To be honest, this is my first time going this deeply in conversations freely expressing how I think of an art, so it's kinda awkward and I never meant to type this much either I just give it a 8/10 for the pic in the end.
Old 2011-08-19, 22:10   Link #17131
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Wait, you mean that there's no soul?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 22:15   Link #17132
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
every picture, every art, has a soul; everyone.
Old 2011-08-19, 22:20   Link #17133
Comeda
Heart Of Creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Holy truth.
Comeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 22:53   Link #17134
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Hey I didn't mean that way... Gee, that's why I'm always on the blames list -.- It's not because the pic has no soul, I just kinda feel awkward 'cause I'm not used to it neither am I very religious to use those terms
Old 2011-08-19, 23:05   Link #17135
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Hey I didn't mean that way... Gee, that's why I'm always on the blames list -.- It's not because the pic has no soul, I just kinda feel awkward 'cause I'm not used to it neither am I very religious to use those terms
But nobody is using it in a religious conotation....

Erm, this is gone far enough -- since he didn't say it, I quote DGK in saying "Less Talk, More Pics!"
Old 2011-08-19, 23:18   Link #17136
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
No offense, Jean Claymore.

I didn't mean it in a religious connotation, sorry.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 00:22   Link #17137
Ryus
The One Eyed King

@Jean_Claymore Glad my tl;dr got you to think. Rest assured this is art... it's not about agreeing or disagree but thinking about the art and listening to others express there views. As a die hard Raphaela/Luciela fan I'll accept a 8/10 rating () since as I said it wasn't of the highest level of quality in any manner but at least it did a good job of capturing something that we could interpret for ourselves and yet stayed true to the cannon source material.

@ALL Now a warning... Ryus is about to start joking about souls to make a point at the end of it about his first comment that sparked this nonesense.

Quote:
Sure, why not? (j/k , don't take me seriously here religious people, but rest assured this will lead to a point... eventually ) The AFs are proof of this ... they exist yet are completely soulless since they are devoid of any human personality, even more so than the yoma. [ignore the fallacy logic that's about to kick in, since I'm only j/k] So therefore none of us have souls, and we just have a believe in them... but maybe that is what made them exists in the first place... hmm... more questions now.

So... if one views that as true then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Even if true, not all "souls" are necessarily equal. Prove me wrong

see above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeda View Post
Holy truth.
Once again, even if true...

This one started a religion

And then there is this thing... a face only an evil flesh eating loli could love.

This conversation reminds me of what Yoda said to Luke in The Empire Strikes Back: "For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us… and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this… [nudging Luke's arm] crude matter! You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock… everywhere! Even between the land and the ship."

Now sure the force is in the tree & rock too... but Jedi Masters don't go stopping miners and foresters from making a living just cause the land is getting effected, just as Claymore don't go stopping humans from eating meat since it's wrong and effects other life forms. They protect the "higher" living life forms since they're what created the force in the first place and in the case of the Claymore's it what they where and what they want to protect... the rock and tree are just beneficiaries and not the source. In this case good art is the upper lifes form and then there's the other life forms and then don't forget the rocks... i.e. like Dauf's face

We can argue all you want about all artwork having a soul or not but my point, while worded in a fashion that caused some teasing and joking that needs to stop before mod shows up, was I thought was quite clear. Not all art work necessarily has a soul that everyone can appropriate or connect to as easily, while others will just connect with people to a much larger degree.

Think of it like this, what if I was to tell you two things. Which would you care about more... First off on any given day there are like about 8,000 earthquakes on the miniscule level of the Richter (less then 2.0)... while they're all so small you can't feel them you've likely been in a few hundred earthquakes at least by now just based on pure chance on some of those <2.0 quakes happened near you. Second that a 6.3 earthquake happened just 113 km (70 miles) E of Fukushima, Honshu, Japan and there have been typically several of this size and distance a week since the big one that hit there not too long ago. So sure every artwork may have it's own "special" soul but not ever art work truly gets to claim special was meant in a positive manner.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-08-20 at 00:34.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 00:47   Link #17138
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Spoiler for offtopic:
Old 2011-08-20, 05:25   Link #17139
Robin GI
Hara Mamburu
*Artist

And here I am with you again! : D

I've taken a vacation and now I have free time for drawing pictures =) I plan to finish old ones and to make a couple of new ones. A big plus is that it is much more comfortable to work now (
Spoiler for room:
).

As Gooloo once wrote I also make my drawings of the resolution of my screen =)), at least in something we're alike, but in all other respects -- I'm a fan of his high quality works! And he makes them perfectly well.

I have questions -- have anyone heard anything about the second season? And I read the announcements, in which it was said that due to the tragedy in Japan the next monthly issue was postponed but promised to make two issues in the next month - at the beginning and in the middle - I trust people =) was waiting for the release, in vain (

Here are some works that are drawn by hand
Spoiler for Di:
(Oh, I like Dietrich so much, but Galatea still remains in first place for me, I do not know what you like so much bout the "DRILL" girl - but I decided to do something to her),
Spoiler for Drill:
a couple of
Spoiler for sketches:
on almost finished wallpapers. Well, here is a
Spoiler for finished wallpaper:
that Ryus asked about once. [sorry but PNG is the only possible way 4 me to show ya it in a good quality] This work will soon appear on http://robin.animewallpapers.com/?sort=age&how=DESC And I have 2 variants - difference in her eyes - 1st is mine

2nd - just like in anime
which one is better it's up to you guyz

and here I publish my work for the first time, exclusively.

P.S. Thanks Ryus for picking up a Latin phrase for Alicia. I think it fits perfectly! If other users were as active and helped pick up such phrases for all the characters, it would have been much easier to create new works! And thanks to him - because if it were not for him, I would have never finished it - that day I my entire database with pictures on Claymore disappeared. Fortunately, I decided to show him the unfinished picture - afterwards it was used as a template (I had to do Retrace)

I dont like PhotoBook, sorry, - so here is the link with originals wallpapers http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CVEQ4HLJ
BTW, Ryus - I remember about my old work, and I'll return to them, too, and I will take into account your wishes and your friends' suggestions (who wrote PM), so in the near future I will publish finalized versions.
Robin GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 11:52   Link #17140
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Sadly, she wouldn't have lasted 2 seconds against Riful.

Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images