AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-01, 19:51   Link #1901
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube Users Are Currently Mostly Hating Mass Effect 3’s Gay Male Sex Scene

Really Gamers?
Old 2012-03-01, 20:29   Link #1902
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yes really... I dislike it, but I'm not gonna bash it and say its wrong lol.

Is it illegal to dislike something now? :P
Old 2012-03-01, 20:51   Link #1903
Key Board
Carbon

I honestly don't give a damn about youtube comments

I do give a damn that the game is supposedly leaked and I am not playing it

note: I also don't like Kotaku's way of game journalism. They've been doing this for a while and now it's getting near to Fox news level.

**** Kotaku
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 00:17   Link #1904
Who

I'm going to steer this out of the current topic like I always do and leave a clip with lines from Javik, the Prothean DLC squadmate. I believe the other voice is James Vega?:

Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 00:54   Link #1905
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/01/r...mass-effect-3/

Reputation Changes in Mass Effect 3:

-Neutral/General reputation added in Mass Effect 3, replacing situations where in ME2 you would receive both Paragon and Renegade reputation. Collecting neutral rep just increases the amount on your reputation bar though and doesn't affect the paragon/renegade ratio. This was added because people who wanted to play pure paragon or renegade in ME2 were angered by the fact they were getting points in the opposite reputation.

-Charm and Intimidate choices are now available based on combined reputation points, both Paragon and Renegade, and not just points in their corresponding reputation. Apparently the original intent was the charm/intimidate options are supposed to easter egg choices for people who invest purely in one side of the reputation scale, but they decided to change this because players were instead interpreting it as penalising mixed Paragon/Renegade players.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 01:04   Link #1906
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/01/r...mass-effect-3/

Reputation Changes in Mass Effect 3:

-Neutral/General reputation added in Mass Effect 3, replacing situations where in ME2 you would receive both Paragon and Renegade reputation. Collecting neutral rep just increases the amount on your reputation bar though and doesn't affect the paragon/renegade ratio. This was added because people who wanted to play pure paragon or renegade in ME2 were angered by the fact they were getting points in the opposite reputation.

-Charm and Intimidate choices are now available based on combined reputation points, both Paragon and Renegade, and not just points in their corresponding reputation. Apparently the original intent was the charm/intimidate options are supposed to easter egg choices for people who invest purely in one side of the reputation scale, but they decided to change this because players were instead interpreting it as penalising mixed Paragon/Renegade players.
Yep. That's going in the right direction. In ME1 you could sacrifice some stats in order to compensate for your game choices. But in ME2 if you don't go full extreme one way or another then the Jack/Miranda and Tali/Legion arguments become impossible to resolve.

Most players aren't extremists. We all have our own views of what is or isn't the right thing. For example, I still think I should tell the truth about Tali's father, even though Tali didn't want me to. I would protect her in every way I can, but I will not do so through lying. And to make lying the Paragon option is simply inflexible on Bioware's part.

A morality system works best when we can make up our own minds on what we want. We shouldn't just press buttons purely because we want Paragon points. So on this issue, I am supportive of this change by Bioware.
Old 2012-03-02, 01:37   Link #1907
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Wait so the Neutral options just increases the size of the reputation bar?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 01:49   Link #1908
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Likewise. I have never touched a romance in a bioware game, kind of busy saving the galaxy.
It annoys me more how they kinda shoved romance in-your-face most of the times.

Can I not have a relationship with a romance-able squadmate that didn't need me rejecting them first?

Sure, there's a choice. But most of the time, the choice leads to a lesser-value piece by virtue of 'ok, that's the end of it.'

Why can't I bond with Garrus more as bros, instead of his endless calibrations? Why can't I help Jack in ways other than triggering the romance character route?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 01:53   Link #1909
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Wait so the Neutral options just increases the size of the reputation bar?
Basically you want to raise your reputation bar to get better dialogue options. You don't get more options for being nice or mean; you get more options because you are famous. The Paragon and Renegade ratio only influence how you are famous.

Being Neutral means you become more famous, but otherwise people don't change their opinion about you.

As it then happens, it becomes important that you talk to as many people and do as many side quests as you can in order to become more famous. But then that's what we are suppose to do anyway.

Paragon and Renegade choices then, no longer open up options on their own. But of course choices still impact the game. A character you choose to kill as a Renegade will still stay dead. What's happened is that you really can decide what you feel is right for you, rather than trying to game the system.
Old 2012-03-02, 02:03   Link #1910
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

A Tour of the Citadel:

BLASTO 6

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 02:07   Link #1911
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Bioware need to separate Affection from Connection. The bonds are true power of people, but Bros give as much power as Hoes... Now with gay relationships in game, this separation needs to be more evident, because we don't want to be feeling like we have to reject someone just because we wanna be bros!

Have both Connection & Affection level up when you answer in the right ways. Most of the time, Connection goes up faster than Affection, and that's from normal talking/questing. You then gain more Affection by giving gifts and more specific acts.

This way, you can be 'nice' and still not have to deal with 'there is a hole.'
Old 2012-03-02, 02:16   Link #1912
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Bioware need to separate Affection from Connection. The bonds are true power of people, but Bros give as much power as Hoes... Now with gay relationships in game, this separation needs to be more evident, because we don't want to be feeling like we have to reject someone just because we wanna be bros!

Have both Connection & Affection level up when you answer in the right ways. Most of the time, Connection goes up faster than Affection, and that's from normal talking/questing. You then gain more Affection by giving gifts and more specific acts.

This way, you can be 'nice' and still not have to deal with 'there is a hole.'
Yeah, that's a major flaw with ME2. I really wanted to be a friend with Jack, as an example, but if I refuse to sleep with her she just flat out stopped talking to me. Friendships matter.
Old 2012-03-02, 02:23   Link #1913
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I happen to like the concept of neutral rep. Being pigeonholed in the series kind sucked if you wanted to be a badass with a heart of gold.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 06:36   Link #1914
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yes really... I dislike it, but I'm not gonna bash it and say its wrong lol.

Is it illegal to dislike something now? :P
Disliking not so much, but the hating is laughable with the lesbian content being cheered for since ME1.

Now bashing the quality of the scene, I can get behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Charm and Intimidate choices are now available based on combined reputation points, both Paragon and Renegade, and not just points in their corresponding reputation. Apparently the original intent was the charm/intimidate options are supposed to easter egg choices for people who invest purely in one side of the reputation scale, but they decided to change this because players were instead interpreting it as penalising mixed Paragon/Renegade players.
Yes! Finally!

And easter eggs? Really? Some of the dialog you'd need to charm or intimidate was pretty damn critical. Not really easter egg level.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 08:00   Link #1915
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Well yea bashing at the QUALITY is fine XD

I mean "Eewww gay stuff, get that crap out of here" Bashing, not "Psh, not enough kissing. that scene sucks ..."

@prothian jokes -- HAha! he's my kind of bro, I too think that they made her look attractive. Secret Fanservice > Obvious fanservice.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-03-02 at 08:23.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 08:24   Link #1916
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And easter eggs? Really? Some of the dialog you'd need to charm or intimidate was pretty damn critical. Not really easter egg level.
It's because Bioware didn't test the game enough. ME2's decision of having morality points being made proportionally means the speech challenges were rather easy at the start, but approaches impossible the longer you delay the relevant mission. And if you do all the side quests, you are punished by having the hardest speech challenges possible.

This was the same type of game design error as the ME2 currency. In ME1, money was nearly worthless. But in ME2 money was practically priceless. And even more bizarrely you can end up with tonnes of precious minerals and yet be completely broke, breaking the game as then you have no money to buy fuel anymore. And of course, you are more likely to run out of fuel if you you actually explore. Once again punishing you for side quests. And don't get me started about forcing us to stop side questing in order to save Kelly.

One wonders what kind of blunder would we find in ME3.

On an unrelated note, I have decided that I will buy ME3 after all. But not at launch. I will wait until some sort of discount pack get released, with all the DLCs included. That also assumes nothing that pissed me off gets revealed in the mean time.
Old 2012-03-02, 08:39   Link #1917
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So this is NerfNow reaction over the whole youtubers hating the Gay Male love scene.

Old 2012-03-02, 08:46   Link #1918
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So this is NerfNow reaction over the whole youtubers hating the Gay Male love scene.
To be frank, I do wonder if perhaps they would accept a non-humanoid partner more than they would a male gay relationship. A Hanar perhaps? They would end up be more fascinated than annoyed.
Old 2012-03-02, 09:36   Link #1919
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Heh.. amusing,

When's this game supposed to be out anyways?
Old 2012-03-02, 09:44   Link #1920
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

NA March 6, 2012
AU March 8, 2012
EU March 9, 2012
JP March 15, 2012
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass