AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 77 49.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 33.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.64%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-03, 07:12   Link #181
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Seeing her was awesome. And I had a horrible feeling as Ushio walked outside by herself. I was like "Ushio, noooo!" And I too, hate the episode titles, especially after what happened at the end and Tomoya's narration in the preview.

I hope your right.. but I don't think so.
Does that mean Tomoya's existence in the very world doesn't actually exist? Or is it that the two worlds have some relation to each other. Like the imaginary world affects the real world in terms of action.
Old 2009-03-03, 13:17   Link #182
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

nuclear tights FTW! OKAZAKI'S THE BEST!! (boom!)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-03-03, 16:24   Link #183
destiny4everlove

Episode 20

-Ushio trying to eat with chopsticks was so adorable. And she reminded me of myself very much, because I’m just like her when trying to eat with chopsticks.

-Tomoya and Ushio saying “I’m going” to Nagisa’s picture was so touching. Nagisa!!!!!

- I truly love how Nagisa, even though she is not alive anymore, is a very strong presence in the series.

-Stew?!! It’s that Botan?!!! He is so big now!

-As many of us suspected, Kyou is Ushio’s teacher. It was nice to see Kyou again.

-Loved how Sanae had so much faith that Tomoya would eventually start acting like Ushio’s dad that she asked Kyou not to tell anything to Ushio. Sanae is such a wonderful person.

-And we finally have a very reasonable explanation regarding the absence of Tomoya’ s high school friends during those five years. It was nice to find out they were all very worried about Tomoya.

-Maybe it’s just me but it seemed to me Kyou still has a "special place" for Tomoya in her heart...

-Oh no!!! Ushio is walking outside her house all alone!! I wonder where she is going.

-She went to the hospital!! Nagisa’s saving place!!!

-The song that played during those scenes was so beautiful!!

-Oh amazing dango song, you still have such a powerful effect on me!!! Another beautiful moment courtesy of the amazing dango song. Ushio asking to be sang the dango song, Tomoya singing it to her, Nagisa’s picture, the image that all Nagisa x Tomoya fans wanted to see (which btw I loved it so much), happy family scene, and last but not least the tear in Tomoya’s eye; all of those scenes really touched my heart. I loved every bit of that part of the episode so much!!

-Even Fuko’s shoes have starfishes on them.

-Tomoya and Fuko fighting over Ushio was so cute and funny!!!!! :

-Tomoya getting sad when Ushio said she liked Fuko and cheering right up when he heard that Ushio wanted to stay with him was so sweet!!!

-Starfish bread made by Furowaka-san!! Please, let it be Akio’s!!

-Ushio was fine after eating it so I guess it was Akio’s indeed!

-“You had an alien as your wife?!” “ Fuko is not an alien” “Fuko is an average earthling”. Fuko’s lines were priceless.

-Fuko and Tomoya’s conversation about how the world would end because of them was hilarious!

-Fuko’s twisting and misunderstanding Tomoya’s words was so cute and funny.

-The scene of Nagisa playing cards with Tomoya and Ushio, and the happy-family picture was so moving!! Nagisa!!!!!!

-Ushio telling about her mommy, Tomoya remembering Nagisa and getting tears in his eyes really broke my heart!!

-Fuko trying to kidnap Ushio and warning Tomoya to be careful when he goes to bed was priceless.

-Botan is a she?!!! That was a huge surprise for me!

-Tomoya practicing for the school sports event reminded of how much he practiced when he was going to ask for Nagisa’s hand. It was such a bittersweet moment for me.

-It seems Nagisa’s saving place is calling to Ushio. I wonder what the reason for that is. I’m so curious about that.

-Tomoya practicing so hard to look good in front of his daughter was so sweet and amazing.

-Nooooo!! Ushio is sick and has a fever!!! Why do I have a really bad feeling about this?

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2009-03-04, 09:50   Link #184
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny4everlove View Post
-Botan is a she?!!! That was a huge surprise for me!
I think Botan's gender is never stated. The Japanese language makes it much easier to not use gender-specific pronouns and still sound natural. People translating Clannad interpret Botan's gender whichever way they like. Eclipse decided to cal Botan a "she".
Old 2009-03-04, 10:56   Link #185
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny4everlove View Post

-Nooooo!! Ushio is sick and has a fever!!! Why do I have a really bad feeling about this?
Because Ushio is a sick girl in a Key game/anime.
Old 2009-03-04, 12:54   Link #186
Terracotta

Ever since episode 16 this anime has been such a depressing emotional roller coaster. It's such a good show though but man... at this point I could probably watch Grave of the Fireflies and come back more cheerful.

Perhaps oddly though I feel most sorry for Akio and Sanae. They gave up everything, ie their dreams, and lost absolutely everything, even Ushio to Tomoya in a sense. In a way they have become this unspoken tragedy with only a brief view into it when Sanae breaks down in episode 19.
Old 2009-03-04, 16:01   Link #187
destiny4everlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I think Botan's gender is never stated. The Japanese language makes it much easier to not use gender-specific pronouns and still sound natural. People translating Clannad interpret Botan's gender whichever way they like. Eclipse decided to cal Botan a "she".
Thank you for the info Tempester! Ah…mmm…so this means Botan’s gender is unknown even in the visual novel?

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2009-03-04, 18:20   Link #188
ShatteredSkys
Delinquent

To be honest, im kinda scared right now.
It seems it became usual in Clannad to turn from the happy story into the terrible drama.
Well , let's see how they gonna end the series.
Old 2009-03-05, 01:07   Link #189
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wow... I never commented on this episode? Weird. I could have sworn I did. Anyway, I saw this episode a while ago and I have to say the part where Tomoya sang the dango song to Ushio almost killed me, it was so sweet.

And Ushio'll be fine. I had scarlet fever when I was five and I was absolutely fine afterwards. Ushio isn't like Nagisa, and she doesn't get sick all the time. EVERYONE gets sick sometimes. Obviously they're worried, Tomoya especially since Ushio is Nagisa's legacy, but I think he's overreacting a bit. I mean, she won't die from getting a cold. Seriously now. It's funny how Key's mellowdrama can turn a little fever into a life-or-death situation.
Old 2009-03-05, 05:36   Link #190
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
And Ushio'll be fine. I had scarlet fever when I was five and I was absolutely fine afterwards. Ushio isn't like Nagisa, and she doesn't get sick all the time. EVERYONE gets sick sometimes. Obviously they're worried, Tomoya especially since Ushio is Nagisa's legacy, but I think he's overreacting a bit. I mean, she won't die from getting a cold. Seriously now. It's funny how Key's mellowdrama can turn a little fever into a life-or-death situation.
There's a difference between the real world and KEY's universe, unfortunately. In their worlds, I've learned that sicknesses are never to be taken lightly...
Old 2009-03-05, 09:03   Link #191
shinwa
fuuu~

Kyou with ponytail win superbly XD

owh... it is possible too for Ushio to get the same disease like Nagisa... Y_Y
Old 2009-03-05, 09:42   Link #192
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It is officially confirmed that Clannad Afterstory has 2 more episodes and one more extra story bit coming, leaving episode 22 the last episode of the series chronologically speaking. Please don't make any early conclusion from this notice.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-03-05, 10:04   Link #193
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
There's a difference between the real world and KEY's universe, unfortunately. In their worlds, I've learned that sicknesses are never to be taken lightly...
Yeah, unfortunately I gotta give you that one...
Old 2009-03-05, 10:27   Link #194
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this episode :

First : Great episode , Ushio was cute , specially with Botan ^^
We saw Kyou she's now Ushio's teacher , well its good ^^

Second : Fuko's part was hilarious XD specially when she left with Ushio but Tomoya stopped her OMG LMAO . start at 16:48 XD

And wtf , don't tell me Ushio have the same illness like Nagisa .... dunno why she love the hospital ... maybe she will be like Nagisa ...

Next : The return of Tomoya's sadness ...

(nota : Tomoya can go out with someone else , Kyou ? )
Old 2009-03-10, 12:04   Link #195
Aza-oniichan
~Blazing Red Eye~
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aza-oniichan
What would you do if you see a black boar with his pointed teeth waiting in front of your house?
The boar said "Gov Gov" in front of you despite your expression
While ushio choose to play with it, I choose to run and call a cop! >_<

Anyway DONT PICK any stocking lying in the ground unless you want to see world in chaos

Ah about tomoya is going out with someone else, you may want to play "Tomoyo After". With tomoyo anything could happen! its just funny to imagine "Fuko After". What will happen when fuko going out with tomoya?? i said its comedy ^^
Old 2010-04-01, 06:12   Link #196
tigrex

every memory of nagisa reinvites the tears again ><
Old 2010-05-13, 21:00   Link #197
OkamiNoKaze

Yay, more wonderful Fuuko moments, Nuclear tights indeed. It wasn't a hard stretch to see that Kyou would be Ushio's teacher. As far as botan goes, they call it a "boar" which is what one usally calles a male pig, where as a female is usually called a sow. I was like "No, Ushio, you're in a Key series, don't go out into the streets alone" I liked them playing the dango song, that was great.
Old 2010-05-13, 21:26   Link #198
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>

Send a message via MSN to Aurine
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Yay, more wonderful Fuuko moments, Nuclear tights indeed. It wasn't a hard stretch to see that Kyou would be Ushio's teacher. As far as botan goes, they call it a "boar" which is what one usally calles a male pig, where as a female is usually called a sow. I was like "No, Ushio, you're in a Key series, don't go out into the streets alone" I liked them playing the dango song, that was great.
Agreed, Dango Daikazoku song is nice.
This reminds me that Ushio called Botan's name with another name..
I wonder how come Botan grow into bit gray.. it used to be a bit brown xD
Old 2010-05-13, 21:34   Link #199
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I was like "No, Ushio, you're in a Key series, don't go out into the streets alone"
Yes, being in a Key series requires the same precautions as a horror movie.

And go Big Botan; nobody better mess with that!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-13, 21:42   Link #200
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>

Send a message via MSN to Aurine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yes, being in a Key series requires the same precautions as a horror movie.

And go Big Botan; nobody better mess with that!
Small Botan is more kawaii for me ne.