AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-10-15, 09:14   Link #1
BlackOtaku

Send a message via AIM to BlackOtaku Send a message via Yahoo to BlackOtaku
Halo 2 vs Doom 3

I really mean this! put halo the doom 3 monsters on earth at the same time that the covanent arrive throw in master chief and u got one hell of a match!
BlackOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 09:41   Link #2
CyberPunk

halo2. i'm still so pissed it was leaked.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 11:44   Link #3
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
metroid prime 2 owns these both crappy games ok seriously I know they cant be compared as FPS because Metroid Prime isnt an FPS, (although imo a way better game). Since Ive never ever played or seen Halo would you mind telling me what makes it great above other FPS?
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:38   Link #4
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
metroid prime 2 owns these both crappy games ok seriously I know they cant be compared as FPS because Metroid Prime isnt an FPS, (although imo a way better game). Since Ive never ever played or seen Halo would you mind telling me what makes it great above other FPS?
IMO, not much. Halo is fun to play, and has some cool weapons, but that's about it. You can carry 2 weapons (I'm talking about multiplayer here), and you start with a pistol. It also has vehicle's like the ghost (some sort of purple hovering thingy that shoots rapid fire plasma thingies) the Rhino (big tank) and a warthog. (off-road vehicle with mounted gun on back). That's basically it. The only thing that is good is that it's the first shooter on consoles that works marvelous, gameplay and controls wise.
But ofcourse, not as good as Metroid Prime (2)
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:51   Link #5
Ending

I bet Half-Life 2 wipes floor with both of them.

In any case, anything has to be better than showcase-games like Doom 3 and Unreal 2.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 16:39   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Since Ive never ever played or seen Halo would you mind telling me what makes it great above other FPS?
The correct response is that you just have to play the game. I wouldn't say Halo is better than Metroid Prime 2 but I would definitely never say Metroid Prime 2 is better than Halo either. Doom3 on the other hand is just suck for all the resource-requirements tag along with the game.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 21:17   Link #7
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Okay, I haven't played MP that much, but I will tell you why I'm sooooooo looking forward to Halo 2.

Its XBOX controller friendly. The controls are pretty much custom, and since I'm left handed, that already gets a praise. And the placement of the analogs make it perfect for movement and shooting, and it doesn't hurt the hands so bad.

Another reason, ITS EASY TO SHOOT FOOLS UP. Because of the game's physics and crosshair setup, its really easy to take aim on people. The thing that sucked about most FPS games that are from the PC converted to the consoles, is that they still keep the precise aiming mechanics making it way hard to hit stuff because you not only have to deal with controller type controls, but usually movement is SLOW making it hard to aim your gun, but since Halo was specifically made for XBOX its way easy to move your crosshairs, and the range on the crosshairs is big enough to make it fun, but not insanely easy.

The real fun is sitting around with 4 of your friends and just blowing eachother away, with vechicles and what not. Its soooooooo fun. Even single player co-op is dope as hell, the level of team tactics is low compared to say something like Rainbow 6, but when you regroup and think of a dope plan, then actually succeeding in it, its just fun as hell, and produces great laughs when it messes up.

I always thought HALO was overrated as a FPS on a console, since I pretty much figured that's all XBOX had back then, and people had to make it into a big deal. But after playing it, I totally understand why it is so praised among most people. Its a FPS done right for a console. And all the problems that were in the first Halo (like the pistol being A LITTLE too strong, and really weak weapons, NPC team tactics, no XBOX Live etc. etc.) has been addressed and gotten fixed up. So Halo 2 will defintely be a #1 XBOX game priority.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 00:39   Link #8
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Thumbs up :topicoff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
HALO fans believe that HALO would win and Doom fans believe that Doom 3 would win. Both sides believe this passionately and start to argue vehemently with varying degrees of coherency. Meanwhile someone else posts explaining that Half- Life 2 would kick both their asses. Nobody agress with him and some call him a troll. The camps dig in and nobody's mind changes, even after several other Half- Life 2 boosters show up. That becomes the status quo until another new poster makes it clear in certain terms (involving excessive punctuation) that Counter- Strike could beat HALO, Doom and Half- Life 2. All at the same time.

Things go downhill after that...
Yeah, i'm rooting for both Half- Life 2 and HALO 2
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 03:36   Link #9
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Yeah.... Halo 2 was leaked... from the French... my friends and I have run multi-player on it.... the game is still very fun... though it's not that much of an improvement on the original... I really don't like how you don't take damage from falling from a really high point... I'm not sure if that's a setting or something... can't really comment too much on single player since it's in French audio (with subtitles).... I'm gonna wait for my legit NTSC copy in November before I do the single player... for now it's just multiplayer fun...

I think Halo 2 is better than Doom 3 simply because of the multiplayer and capture the flag...
Old 2004-10-19, 14:36   Link #10
wnkryo
HainShodan

Half life 2/counter strike is far best. But Halo 2 would win the competition. Although Doom has the better graphics out of all of them.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 15:20   Link #11
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Where did this come from?

You never now people the sleeper game may come on top.

Dont know what i'm talking about, well Stalker is the game i'm refering.

Not only does it have a lot concept and features that many FPS dont have, but its also one, if not the most gorgeous game around.

check it out for yourself though and judge.

http://www.stalker-game.com/
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 16:35   Link #12
Herman
Yoink

Talking

You're right, it is a pitty that is got leaked, but for me i'm bloody glad it was leaked, i have played it a few times (chipped french version) and beats the living Cr*p out of Doom 3, the multi-plater mode is awesome (watch out for Alien Sniper Rifle) And all vehicles have been improved, along with the enemies, and even the ittys bittsy bits of graphic detail have been perfectected. I won't say anymore, i won't have to once you have played it.
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 18:44   Link #13
mantidor
the Iniquitous

As far as I have seen by your posts and what Ive read, Im going to assume its halo 1 with better graphics, unless you mean that the vehicle "improvement" is in the control and not only the graphics, and the better enemies means better AI besides better 3D modeling, seems great if you liked the original, but personally ill feel a bit cheated if all they do is improve graphics.
Old 2004-10-19, 18:57   Link #14
Yuiichi
Retired.

Halo 1 was pretty fun, i must admit. I just beat it several weeks ago, so it's fresh in my mind. But, unless they improve several things, i'll be angry at microsoft. First of all, the vehicle controles... who wants to control a warthog with your mouse??!!! (PC version - PC gamer for lyfe!!) It should have been the normal directional/strafe buttons combined with the up/down buttons. Another thing that pissed me off is how much you have to reload. Why can't they just give you a bigger clip or taken away some of the enemies. I dunno, thats just me.

I had the same problem with reloading on Doom 3, i kept being left with 2 bullets left in the first part with the pistol, and then i would have to reload. But that was better, because there were far less enemies (thankfully). Doom 3 wasn't all that i expected. It was moody, dark, and quite scary, but some of the gameplay mechanics really angered me (like every game). They could have made the flashlight better...

And then i come to Half-Life 2. I never liked the 1st HL.... and i really hope that HL2 is going to be a DRASTIC improvement. It was just way too farfetched (not the ideology in the game, but the mechanics themselves). I want a game with mid-class mechanics, not too realistic, but not too farfetched.

On the note of Metroid Prime... i really didn't like that game. Being the PC gamer i am, i just couldn't get used to the controles... they seemed clunky and awkward. If the game controled better, it would have been better. The problem was you had to do so much, and you didn't have enough buttons to do it all with!
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 20:31   Link #15
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
On the note of Metroid Prime... i really didn't like that game. Being the PC gamer i am, i just couldn't get used to the controles... they seemed clunky and awkward. If the game controled better, it would have been better. The problem was you had to do so much, and you didn't have enough buttons to do it all with!
I think thats the problem ^_^ metroid prime its not an fps(as we know them anyway), one of the most important things in any fps, console or pc, is to aim, in metroid thats gone! aiming is automatic, that can tell you how different this game is, the only similarity imo is that you also use guns and you are in a first person perspective, but thats it. So if you try to play the game as if it was a regular fps youll fail miserably and hate it, you have to drop everything you know about fps, start from zero and youll be able to realize why it was game of the year in many publications, let the game itself guide you, Nintendo games are usually really good at it.

oh I actually havent choose... given the chance Ill take Doom 3 any day over halo. So far halo seems to similar to any fps, except that its like the only one which controls are succesful in a console, (although when I played turok in the N64 it didnt seem that hard, or goldeneye) I think its too similar to unreal (which I enjoyed a lot btw), I havent seen or read anything that would make me want it, probably the only new thing Ive heard is the vehicle thing which doesnt excite me at all.

While doom 3, although seems more of the same but with amazing graphics, it has a nostalgic factor (its still one of my more precious gaming memories killing that giant demon shooting missiles at his brain) and I like a lot more fantasy settings than combat ones, killing a giant disgusting bloody demon with three heads seems more exiting than killing normal people for me, reason I also loved Quake (but I did hate the sequels). The best part of id software games though was that Raven took their engines and made the best fps imo, heretic and subsequently hexen I and II, I love this games with my heart and soul and I still have the faint hope that raven might make a sequel with doom 3's engine (very faint sadly T_T, raven decide after heretic II, another game I loved, to go with games like soldier of fortune, argh! I hate them for that also).

But from recent fps Ill choose thief II over the rest, which amazed me in every way possible, thief III was great, but way to short. Thief II had a so much better story and gameplay elements, and it was hard as hell! The tension that I felt while playing it hasnt been surpassed by any game, not even the Resident evil series. Thief III had great potential but it end up not being as "stealthy" as the previous one, and the difficulty levels didnt added any replay value, as opposed to Thief II.

omg I play way to many games
Old 2004-10-19, 21:36   Link #16
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
This thread is ridiculous, P.C beats x-box hands down. Need a explanantion why?

I might buy metroid 2, i've always been a closet samus fan.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 22:40   Link #17
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I'm not really into first-person shooters... but I agree that a mouse/keyboard beats the controller any day... though, xbox has xbox live with stat ranking and all that other good stuff...
Old 2004-10-20, 09:58   Link #18
Herman
Yoink

If you play Halo 2 on XBox or PC, it doesn't matter, its the same game its just how you want to play and if the Xbox or PC suits your needs better, personally, i am an Xbox Man. Microsoft doesn't dissapoint at all with Halo 2, They have Well and truely Nailed 1 of the best games of all time. :fingers:
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 10:20   Link #19
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:36.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 21:53   Link #20
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
ok!!! how can you compare a game thats out since august and another that hasn't even been released? OK!!!!!
You can find all the necessary information from Bungie's official website...