AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-25, 18:15   Link #33061
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sigh, technical problem prevent me from using Photoshop in my computer... guess the picture will come much, much later. I'm sorry.

I wanted to ask, besides Kaoruko, Tatenashi, and Utsuho, does older girl ever introduced amongst the student?
Old 2012-06-25, 20:08   Link #33062
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Well, I don't think so:/ The only third year shown is Utsuho while the second years are prez and paparazzi-san.
Old 2012-06-26, 03:51   Link #33063
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Chifuyu never did get a "cute" moment did she?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 06:00   Link #33064
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

An IS built for superior ground movement ala Sideswipe from the Transformers movie. Feasible? And yes, wheel-type feet included.

0:38 onwards.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:11   Link #33065
demino_hellsin
That one guy

feasible. How would its flight capability be though?
Old 2012-06-26, 06:18   Link #33066
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

No flight capability. All it would have are powerful jump-jets for super-high jumps and acrobatic maneuvers.

It also has hovering ability like the Uchigane but is rarely used.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:21   Link #33067
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I think I.S. by default has hover setting as 'ground' movement, unless its so heavy that the choice is either fly by brute force or dashing like mad, like Alteisen of SRW.

Mostly because wheel has speed restriction due to durability issue. It provides better output efficiency than hover thruster, as the plus point. So for heavy frame, wheel > hover. While for light, agile frame, Hover > wheel.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:28   Link #33068
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Not for the IS in question. Basically what I have in mind is that the IS is practically a speed-demon piloted by a girl who likes in-line skating with a passion.

Speed restriction/torque is barely an issue as she'll be able to go as fast as she wants to and can still maneuver like a snake while at it. Honed reflexes, basically. And she can also use the jump-jets as a means to accelerate.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:31   Link #33069
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then it means you have to deactivate the anti-gravity aspect of PIC, or at least configure the mass reduction it does.

If not, then the wheel would be counterproductive to the IS anti-gravity system. Wheels make use of ground contact and resulting friction to push the body forward. Lessened gravity denotes less friction and contact, therefore less acceleration from the wheel.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:34   Link #33070
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Ayup, hence why I mentioned that the IS will rarely utilize the hovering ability.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:35   Link #33071
demino_hellsin
That one guy

is it a light frame or heavy frame?
Old 2012-06-26, 06:36   Link #33072
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Gah, I almost forgot.

Skating I.S. is CANON! At least for the anime, Ichika do that in the opening and when fought against Cecilia and Ling at low altitude, just not done often.

So there's no need for wheel, just some thruster for extra propulsion. Maybe can be justified, the PIC/Anti-gravity is involved to decrease the surface pressure and barrier is used to reduce friction damage.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:41   Link #33073
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Somewhere in the middle but the armor itself is designed to be aerodynamic.
That way it won't be too heavy and at the same time, not too lightly-armored like the Correl(that super light mobile suit from Gundam X) such that a puny vulcan could turn it into swiss cheese.

@ Zero
Friction-reduction sounds all-right, the wheel would still be included though. The pilot personally prefers to skate on wheels instead of air.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:47   Link #33074
Eratas123

Bored.....
Old 2012-06-26, 06:49   Link #33075
demino_hellsin
That one guy

switch to light armor frame and verily few but match deciding weaponry. Increase shield output and instead of using regular wheel connections, use magnetic placement to connect the wheel and the hub. This should give you the weight momentum from gravity acting on the IS while minimizing wheel damage.
Old 2012-06-26, 06:49   Link #33076
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, I was talking about actual skating blade

But it's really up to your preference
Old 2012-06-26, 06:59   Link #33077
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Ah... I didn't notice the blades before.

Then again, yeah the pilot would personally prefer wheel-skating. Weapon-wise, it'll be armed with a pair of retractable arm-mounted katars and a pair of customized Garm SMGs.
Old 2012-06-26, 07:11   Link #33078
demino_hellsin
That one guy

blade skates still require actual contact, or scraping the shield against the soles' surface or the blades themselves have localized anti-grav.
Old 2012-06-26, 07:21   Link #33079
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Sorry, the coloring is a bit rough, my computer is hard pressed to open it already

If you need further alteration, feel free to ask.
Old 2012-06-26, 07:37   Link #33080
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Last thing: Can you make the eyes red and change the clothes? Anuthing casual will do, anything other than that kimono thing.

Also, please re-post the intro. I'll do it now.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest