AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 03:39   Link #41
Warm Mist

Sanae, Kumin, Yuuta's mom, Kuzuha, and Touka. All original.

Pink haired girl won't appear in the anime, since she is a character from vol. 2 of the novel, and the TV show only uses the first volume as a loose base for a mostly original narrative.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 08:50   Link #42
tsunade666

So the anime is mostly anime original story?
Old 2012-11-01, 09:52   Link #43
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
So the anime is mostly anime original story?
Yes. A vast majority of the material you've seen animated prior to episode 5's second half was anime-original.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 15:06   Link #44
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Sanae, Kumin, Yuuta's mom, Kuzuha, and Touka. All original.
I believe Yuuta's mom and Kuzuha exist in the novels.
Old 2012-11-05, 07:31   Link #45
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Kinokuniya's US website has a new image advertising the Chuunibyou novels as "coming soon." They may begin carrying the KA Esuma novels soon.

Old 2012-11-06, 23:22   Link #46
rulfo

Just by judging the 7-10 synopsis which episode would seem more faithful to the novel?
Old 2012-11-07, 06:26   Link #47
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Just by judging the 7-10 synopsis which episode would seem more faithful to the novel?
Episode 5. Possibly some portions of 7-8, but 5 is the most like the novel.

Old 2012-11-08, 02:51   Link #48
Shiki Nanaya

Nibutani Shinka

I wanted to know about Nibutani Shinka in the novels, does she get involved just as the anime portrayed her to be? Like she used to be Chuunibyou too and is like Yuuta now who wants to forget it all. Also is she going to like or love Yuuta? or is it strictly Rikka and Satone for now?
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 21:54   Link #49
faders111

hmmm...been trying to find a place that will ship over seas (USA resident) it seems JBOOK and Kyotoshop are strictly japan local....

Help me please :...(
faders111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 23:52   Link #50
florza
一日之计在于晨

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Kinokuniya's US website has a new image advertising the Chuunibyou novels as "coming soon." They may begin carrying the KA Esuma novels soon.
Awesome, hope they have it during the promotional period so I can get it along with the rest of the LNs on my to-buy-list.
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 08:04   Link #51
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Novel illustrations and pics from the stores.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51369657.html
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 09:20   Link #52
florza
一日之计在于晨

Turns out I might not need to buy the LN after all (or maybe I will, for collection)... I saw a little something new out there on the internet today!
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 13:51   Link #53
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

is there any additional info about rikka dad in LN?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 14:29   Link #54
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
is there any additional info about rikka dad in LN?
As with a lot of things in this series, the novel handles things differently. That's all I can safely say.

Old 2012-11-18, 00:05   Link #55
neet_purple

Finding the novel now is harder since it everything shown are linked to the anime
neet_purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 06:53   Link #56
Nikkili

Gomen, I didn't understand. Are there any translations of novel? If so, where can I get it? If aren't, why and when it will be released?
Nikkili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 16:14   Link #57
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkili View Post
Gomen, I didn't understand. Are there any translations of novel? If so, where can I get it? If aren't, why and when it will be released?
Please check out ultimatemegax's signature right up there. He put the progress in it.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 04:02   Link #58
Nikkili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Please check out ultimatemegax's signature right up there. He put the progress in it.
Oh, thank you *baka* Never read signatures x3
Nikkili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 13:40   Link #59
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Re-reading the first novel has reminded me how much I enjoyed it. A lot of the issues I had with it aren't as prevent anymore or perhaps I understand the story better. The changes to make it into an anime and the questions people tend to have about certain aspects are answered in it. Example: someone is asking in the ep. thread why Yuuta likes Rikka in the anime. That (at this point) isn't answered well in the anime, but in the first chapter of the novel, you see that he's been attracted to her looks for a while. They compliment each other well in that sense.

I can't wait to read reactions to the novel. As for an ETA: "soon."

Old 2012-11-23, 13:08   Link #60
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

So uh, I suppose any restrictions on novel 1 spoilers are lifted, right?

Edit: might as well make use of this post. Here's my thoughts on the novel.

Torako is not a fantastic writer. I've translated a couple other writers much better than Torako and I can tell the difference in style. Yet Torako captures one thing that's very difficult to do: characterization. It's rare for me to say "there's not a character I didn't like" but that applies to this series. S/he uses each character to the benefit of the story without over-emphasizing anyone but our two leads. Isshiki serves well as the perverted best friend and support. Shy Mode was a funny surprise to me and I enjoyed phrasing those lines. I mentioned my thoughts on Nibutani earlier, but now I can go into depth. On the surface, Nibutani hates chuunibyou (the disease). That doesn't mean she hates the people infected with it. I enjoyed her "villainy" until the middle of chapter 8 when I realized that she doesn't wish ill will on the people; she truly cares about everyone and doesn't want people to regret their past. Much different than the anime version of her character. Nana-chan doesn't get to shine as much as she does in the anime, but I really liked her opening appearance mocking the people who did poorly on the test. Finally, my favorite character at the end of the novel is someone who's been looked over in the anime: Kazari Kannagi. I loved her appearance in chapter 8; it really made an impact on me. I really wanted to see more of her in the novel/anime, but alas. (She's the purple-haired girl near Yuuta in the anime)

Plot-wise, you'll see a huge change at the beginning of the first chapter: Yuuta's already crushing on Rikka and Rikka alone. I've seen so many rumors that stated "it's a love triangle in the LN." I laughed everytime I saw someone say that. Going back to a lot of Ishihara's comments, you can see why he kept emphasizing the romantic part of the story: it's so prevalent in the LN. They amplified the chuunibyou aspect of the show (seriously, you get one "battle" in the novel) and are just now focusing on the romance whereas the romance starts in chapter 1 of the novel. Again, you'll see why I kept saying "they're two different worlds." At the same time, both exceed in what they're set to do. The novel works well to tell the story in text form, but the anime exceeds in their visual story-telling. Now if I could stop Yuuta from embarrassing himself (and actually spell that right on the first try), I'd feel better. It's not the most complex story, but the use of a test to bond the two is done alright. Yuuta/Rikka help carry the story to become better than what it sounds like.

Overall, I'd give the writing a C, but I enjoyed the entirety of the novel more than that. I'd give a B overall to the first novel.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-11-23 at 14:18.

Tags
chuunibyou, comedy, kyoani, romance