AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-18, 19:01   Link #4641
Diveman

GE never fails to bring the trollest chapters. And about the post about fighting techniques...I don't think Utsumi thought that far (he's still a wimp regardless)
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 19:02   Link #4642
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I swear, most Romance manga or stories have the Main character not having the ability to put up a fight. Why is that?

I learn how to fight when I was just a kid, growing in a bad neighborhood will do that. You have to adapt in a fight.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 19:52   Link #4643
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I swear, most Romance manga or stories have the Main character not having the ability to put up a fight. Why is that?

I learn how to fight when I was just a kid, growing in a bad neighborhood will do that. You have to adapt in a fight.
Growing up in a good neighborhood will do that as well... kids fight other kids, it just happens. Some fight while others learn ways to not be bullied but they learn these things.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 20:03   Link #4644
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

He didn't need to put up a fight, it wasn't a boxing match.

I mean I know Yuki's a dumb moron by now but at the very least her knight in shining armor knew that Yuki didn't hate him.

This chapter wasn't about Utsumi anyway, even though it was a rescue mission. This entire thing was about far down into madness Tooru had gone, and that was pretty evident by the time Yuki slapped him.

That and windmill tunnel chick, god I love her.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 21:42   Link #4645
Diveman

Yuasa is cool, so mature and collected.

The thing is, most of us were all waiting for shit to go down and get at least a decent fight in this ch.
Old 2012-11-19, 01:36   Link #4646
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Growing up in a good neighborhood will do that as well... kids fight other kids, it just happens. Some fight while others learn ways to not be bullied but they learn these things.
I, at least, didn't learn it when I was a kid. I was in about 3 or 4 fights afaik, but it was the usual child level of intensity. I spent most of the time with, you know, playing with friends at home and during lunch break at school. Maybe Germany or that part of Germany simply was rather calm in this aspect. And even though I practised Karate it was more like doing sports like joining a soccer club. Never had to actually use it for self-defense.
Old 2012-11-19, 04:32   Link #4647
kyp275
Meh

the amount of armchair UFC fighting in here is hilarious, and frankly misses the whole point of the chapter.

Want to talk realistic? being realistic in this scenario would've been to bring in law enforcement from the start, little stalker-kun wouldn't be rushing to punch nobody when he's staring down the barrel of a few rifles and pistols.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 16:34   Link #4648
AI Dreamer

Anyway, at this point, all chapters from 80's (around it) up till now was meaningless...
Now we are back to where we was before they break up... nothing changed in Yuki's trauma to let her "do it" now...
Old 2012-11-19, 18:32   Link #4649
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Dreamer View Post
Anyway, at this point, all chapters from 80's (around it) up till now was meaningless...
Now we are back to where we was before they break up... nothing changed in Yuki's trauma to let her "do it" now...
Why? Tooru wasn't behind the video, the Tooru situation solved without her being harmed and she trusts Utsumi more than ever.

It wouldn't be enough to cure a real-life trauma, one which would need professional help. But for a manga trauma this will do just fine.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 19:55   Link #4650
Diveman

Last chapter should be Yuki taking a sleeping pill, Utsumi having his way with her and bingo, trauma cured.

GE!
Old 2012-11-20, 00:48   Link #4651
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
Last chapter should be Yuki taking a sleeping pill, Utsumi having his way with her and bingo, trauma cured.

GE!
Oh My God....That's just...
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 00:09   Link #4652
Beggar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post

GE!
That sounds like the ending to Sundome.
Beggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 07:00   Link #4653
AI Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
It wouldn't be enough to cure a real-life trauma.
That's my point.
I liked GE up till chapter 69 for its reality, and even now I don't like when it's not real (like when they fell from the "sky" -chair-lift-, etc...)

This wouldn't be real: of course she is slightly relieved because she knows the truth about THAT situation, now... but her's fears to "do it" can't be erased just for that.
Just for example (a forced one, but it's the only one that comes to my mind now): if one girl is raped from her boyfriend in the middle of the night, and only after many months (or years!) she comes to know that he was drugged (stoned) by some dude and he wasn't aware of what he's been doing, her wounds wouldn't be heal just for that: her fear "to be touched" (or just to be brush or lipped) wouldn't vanish... let alone making Love...

Well... I don't want to talk about Shou's arc and what could have done to Seiji&Yuki: that's even more meaningless for "that".
Old 2012-11-21, 21:03   Link #4654
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Ugh, disappointing chapter. You know, at least Utsumi should have gotten ONE punch in, even if he had to lose the fight. Or tried to.

And then what happens to crazy stalker? Why is everybody giving him a free pass. Dude's seriously deranged. Call the cops on him.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 21:09   Link #4655
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Ugh, disappointing chapter. You know, at least Utsumi should have gotten ONE punch in, even if he had to lose the fight. Or tried to.

And then what happens to crazy stalker? Why is everybody giving him a free pass. Dude's seriously deranged. Call the cops on him.
My thoughts exactly, but looking at the Romance genre now. The male lead more often than not is a very bad fighter.

Considering this, can anyone explain me why the Romance genre mostly have male leads that are very bad fighters?
Old 2012-11-21, 21:15   Link #4656
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Bad fighter nothing. I'm okay with him losing the fight. But you know, crazy stalker saying so many things about Yuki and him and totally being a jerk, you'd think Utsumi would at least have lost it once and tried to punch him for talking that way about Yuki. I mean, there were so many moments that stalkerdude needed a punch to the face for saying something stupid and horrible

Old 2012-11-21, 21:18   Link #4657
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Bad fighter nothing. I'm okay with him losing the fight. But you know, crazy stalker saying so many things about Yuki and him and totally being a jerk, you'd think Utsumi would at least have lost it once and tried to punch him for talking that way about Yuki. I mean, there were so many moments that stalkerdude needed a punch to the face for saying something stupid and horrible
True enough, I seen some fights in my life and even the one getting his behind handed to him at least have some punches connect. Utsumi fought like a fly, really hurts my man pride to see one fight like that even though he is a fictional character.
Old 2012-11-21, 21:23   Link #4658
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Utsumi didn't fight at all. He basically took it, which would be interesting if he was an avowed pacifist and it was like part of his backstory and everything, but no, he's not and he just lay there and took it. Maybe he's secretly a M

Old 2012-11-21, 21:26   Link #4659
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Utsumi didn't fight at all. He basically took it, which would be interesting if he was an avowed pacifist and it was like part of his backstory and everything, but no, he's not and he just lay there and took it. Maybe he's secretly a M
I wouldn't go that far, but you are right that he just took it. All he did was putting up one hand to protect his face and the other on Touru's knee. Talk about pathetic, the basic instinct of any animal that is in danger is to constantly move around to survive and he couldn't even do that.
Old 2012-11-22, 05:39   Link #4660
GrimJack

[QUOTE=ReaperxKingx;4446904 Talk about pathetic, the basic instinct of any animal that is in danger is to constantly move around to survive[/QUOTE]

Tell that to an Armadillo they might not die as often as they do then

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi