AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 153 70.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 13.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 4.61%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-04, 18:17   Link #61
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Vague hint about the remainder of the series:
Old 2007-04-04, 18:47   Link #62
Janey777

Story looks as presented from Kira's point of view: crazy coloring, like outlook from an insane mind. And this is the way he sees everyone - heartless doll Misa to serve his goals, L who won't say his last words. And it was like that from the beggining - how will it look like in the end?

I'm thankful to Madhouse for adding new scenes. That's just something that was missing to me. Water dripping from L's hair looked like tears, though I don't know from where he all of a sudden got an idea something bad was going to happen to him. Anyway, he's not going to appear again, so some extra cuteness is good...
Spoiler for stairs scene:

Now he quitted the madness. Sayonara

Last edited by Janey777; 2007-04-04 at 18:58.
Old 2007-04-04, 18:54   Link #63
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Rest In Peace L.
Old 2007-04-04, 19:00   Link #64
Cybermtl

Ofc i cant add more to what other said about this ep. it was just perfect. Not because the amazing twists or the rapid action that make this anime special, it was the mood. this is an ep that was meant to be watched alone at night.

One thing that hasn't been discussed here but I Really cant get of my mind is the thing L said to light when they were in the roof:

"Since you were born, have you ever told the truth even once?"

Dunno why, but i fell that this sentence, said to light, have... something i cant quite figure out...
Old 2007-04-04, 19:18   Link #65
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermtl View Post
Ofc i cant add more to what other said about this ep. it was just perfect. Not because the amazing twists or the rapid action that make this anime special, it was the mood. this is an ep that was meant to be watched alone at night.

One thing that hasn't been discussed here but I Really cant get of my mind is the thing L said to light when they were in the roof:

"Since you were born, have you ever told the truth even once?"

Dunno why, but i fell that this sentence, said to light, have... something i cant quite figure out...
I think L was implying that Light never told the truth since he was born, which I don't know if it's true. He did say he and Light were similiar.
Old 2007-04-04, 19:24   Link #66
Super Ska Master

Did anyone think the episode almost turned into a yaoi for a second? o_O I mean when L said "I was going to give you a back massage. I am really good at it." while drying Light's feel was a little creepy. But brilliant episode though. I can't wait to see how Madhouse handles the second arc.
Old 2007-04-04, 19:25   Link #67
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incoan View Post
Ah , right. That makes sense .
But still ...

I doubt Misa would suicided or anything if Light died. And looking in the long run, without Rem being around to keep Light in line, he's just going to use and discard Misa. She really should have taken him out as well.
Old 2007-04-04, 20:08   Link #68
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
grrrrr....I loved and hated this epi all in one. It was brillant, best epi so far and quite possibly of the series but still.....

x__x

Spoiler:
I was like light but in this ep i feel sorry for L he got booted
Old 2007-04-04, 20:37   Link #69
indicatoto101

NO! Why did it have to end this way?! This is the exact reason why I didn't commit myself to the series. All of this emotion and I haven't even watched the episode yet (and not going to).
Old 2007-04-04, 21:02   Link #70
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Definitely the best episode in the series.

I now officially hate Light. How can he be so cold to someone who he could probably be best friends with in another situation? He's truly beyond redemption.

Spoiler for Episode 25:

Spoiler for Prediction:
Old 2007-04-04, 21:31   Link #71
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master View Post
Did anyone think the episode almost turned into a yaoi for a second? o_O I mean when L said "I was going to give you a back massage. I am really good at it." while drying Light's feel was a little creepy. But brilliant episode though. I can't wait to see how Madhouse handles the second arc.
Well the way i saw it was because at the same time L wanted for Light to be Kira, He didnt want for him to be Kira eaither. He was sad because of that and thats why he was being all nice to him.

You saw the Chips scene right?. If L proves that the 13 day rule is false , he can easily prove that Kira is Light. He can 100 percent be sure of that fact.
At the same time L's only friend and his first friend was Light. He was sad because he didnt want to have to lose his only friend but he had to in order to finish the Kira case. So that is why he was so nice to Light. At least thats how i saw it.

Also it was so sad to see L die. Still I dont count kira as the winner against L. Kira had way too many advantages against L. He had basically two death note and Rem. Now that light has used his ultimate trump card ( Rem ) he will probably have a harder time if new challenges apear.
Old 2007-04-04, 21:49   Link #72
kei25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
True, he must have ripped the pages out. Otherwise he'd definitely get caught.
Somehow I had the impression that Light switched the covers of Ryuku's (with the 'how to use') deathnotes and Rem's deathnotes. So the one that Higuchi was using was made of Ryuku note's cover and Rem note's pages......

anyway, don't take my words...
Old 2007-04-04, 21:49   Link #73
Codex

Alright, I just need a bit of clarification.

In the toweling scene, one of L's lines was translated as, "You'll understand soon." Can someone confirm if that is correct or not? I thought he was saying, "We'll soon be parting."
Old 2007-04-04, 22:04   Link #74
kei25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
Alright, I just need a bit of clarification.

In the toweling scene, one of L's lines was translated as, "You'll understand soon." Can someone confirm if that is correct or not? I thought he was saying, "We'll soon be parting."
I think the latter is right..

In Japanese, understand (wakaru) and separate (wakare) do sound alike...

btw, many people refer the foot-massage scene to 'John-chapter 13' of the new testament.

For those Aya fan --> http://www.mainichi-msn.co.jp/entert...raph/20070404/

Last edited by kei25; 2007-04-04 at 22:29.
Old 2007-04-04, 22:32   Link #75
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Thumbs up

Absolutely beautiful piece of animation. Parts of it didnt even really feel like the DN ive come to know (The opening parts and Misa's walk specifically) but at the same time they lended the episode a special kindof feel.

The roof and stairs scene really amazed me and since im a anime only watcher im pretty delighted to know madhouse added those bits themselves. Yes they did have abit of a yaoi feel to them, but damn if they weren't cute and gave abit more depth to L for me.

Overall just a stunning episode...absolutely. Easy 10 heh.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-04-04, 22:51   Link #76
defrule

That episode was epic.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-04, 22:57   Link #77
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
That episode was epic.

Spoiler:
Light was saying "It was fun playing with u LOSER "
Old 2007-04-05, 00:11   Link #78
akoftroy

The fact that Light had "de-evidenced" the notebooks before giving them up and why Rem couldn't kill Light as well are both explained in the manga. Remember that the anime leaves a ton of stuff out. I was sad they took out Rem's final words about Light having surpassed even a Shinigami was taken out. But still a great episode!
Old 2007-04-05, 00:57   Link #79
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com

Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo
Unhappy Even the AMVs Make Me Cry

We all saw it happen in the manga, but the added scenes in the anime really twisted the knife.

Old 2007-04-05, 01:07   Link #80
Samurai Edge
Swords and Sabres

I voted 7 for this episode. IMO, it's seems too fast-paced. And when I was watching it, it doesn't give me the "what's-going-to-happen-next" feeling which the previous 2 episodes gave.
Closed Thread