AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 57 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 35.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 19.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-13, 23:49   Link #81
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell View Post
I remember back in the 6th grade when we had those talks in elementary school where they took the boys out of our classroom and all the other girls in the other 6th grade classes came in our room and talked about those issues Tsukasa and Kagami talked about.
Also remember that the writer for this episode is a female (Aratani Tomoe), so she may have had experience on what kinds of things she and her friends had conversed about back in high scool.
Old 2007-05-14, 01:12   Link #82
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Oh dear. After being irritated by a fellow poster's constant grievings over this show, I made an ill-advised swipe at him in white-coloured fonts. After switching off my computer about half-an-hour, I began to regret doing that and considered editing my post, I decided to do it the following morning.

But the damage was done when the said fellow poster saw to my post first and posted his reply (which I did read).

I won't make any false pretenses here and act all holy and forgiving, I admit I do have issues with the remarks this fellow poster has made regarding Kyo-Ani shows in this forum, and this perception is not going to change overnight.

However, I will give this fellow poster the benefit of the doubt that he can be reasonable and that I acknowledge I may have been irrational in blocking him.

So Kaioshin-sama, I hereby offer my sincerest apologies.

Anyway, let us get back on topic concerning the episode.
Old 2007-05-14, 01:13   Link #83
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
No the skirts in iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia defy newton's laws. Kyoto Animation just appears to use a D20 system to determine whether a panty shot will occur in a sequence. They also tend to make the fans salivate for a panty shot and then BAM! there it is after like 6 episodes. The impact is far more powerful than say the bizarre angles apparent in Shuffle!, holder of my Most Akward Panty Shot Sequence Of All Time Award, which involved Nerine (or was it Sia, whatever same basic character), a Vacuum cleaner and the rapid zooming in and out of the camera lenses. They also don't appear to be shy about having lolish girls in bathtubs, having high school students sit naked in a cave, and having girls pop their tops of Hockey Fight Style (Haruhi, Nayuki, Mikuru with help, Konata almost). From what I can tell you are infinitely more likely to see a girl topless in a Kyoto Animation series than you are to get a panty shot.
Missed this post earlier....

I'm curious. What did I miss here? I watched AIR (TV), I watched SHnY, I've watched Kanon (2006)....and with the possible exception of Mikuru (but then again, the only other piece of clothing she was wearing that time was her bra), I don't remember any pantsu, or to be more specific, "upskirt" shots.

*raises hands* No, NOT getting on your case here. I'm genuinely wondering where I missed a pantsu shot.

And as far as I'm concerned, KyoAni has the right idea. Why waste animation budget on a paltry upskirt shot when you can have so much more?
Old 2007-05-14, 01:17   Link #84
lyric

so many scene of Tsutasa in this episode...the interaction btw Konata and Kagami obviously got decreased.
Indeed, the new director has partiality for Tsukasa...
Old 2007-05-14, 01:24   Link #85
wontaek

Was I the only one to notice a rather familiar music from Azumanga Daioh being played when Konata mentions about Watermelon busting on the beach?
Old 2007-05-14, 01:25   Link #86
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Hmm, I wouldn't say anything about the new director yet until at least a few more episodes have passed. After all... Tsukasa wasn't doing too much in the first few episodes, so it's about time for her to get in some cuteness.

Edit: wontaek! You're the one who got me into utawarerumono rajio back when I was just a lurker. *bows*

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-05-14 at 01:27. Reason: It had to be mentioned :O
Old 2007-05-14, 01:56   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Was I the only one to notice a rather familiar music from Azumanga Daioh being played when Konata mentions about Watermelon busting on the beach?
Probably because most of us are waiting for a fansub release . I'm sure many of us will probably notice things after that.
Old 2007-05-14, 02:00   Link #88
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
2. Konata does an impersonation of Timotei* but the girls don't get it because they are too young

*A Japanese commercial from the 80s where a hot blond chick washes her long hair in that fashion; unfortunately the youtube link provided previously isn't that commercial
Oh wow, I remember that brand of shampoo and commercial, so freaking oooooold.
Old 2007-05-14, 02:02   Link #89
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Missed this post earlier....

I'm curious. What did I miss here? I watched AIR (TV), I watched SHnY, I've watched Kanon (2006)....and with the possible exception of Mikuru (but then again, the only other piece of clothing she was wearing that time was her bra), I don't remember any pantsu, or to be more specific, "upskirt" shots.

*raises hands* No, NOT getting on your case here. I'm genuinely wondering where I missed a pantsu shot.

And as far as I'm concerned, KyoAni has the right idea. Why waste animation budget on a paltry upskirt shot when you can have so much more?
Yep Mikuru was it. Also I could swear something happened with Nayuki, but it may have just been another undergarment. Anyway bra's and panties, same deal when it comes to making fans satisfied.

I'm mostly just bewildered that I made the post about the D20 system they seem to use in deciding whether they will show fanservice in an episode and that immediately after 5 episodes of light to none they finally seem to have rolled a critical. Also the whole thing about you being more likely to see a topless girl before you saw a panty shot, I'm not entirely sure whether or not I was mind taking some Kyoto Animation employee with that one. Weird stuff going on tonight.
Old 2007-05-14, 02:32   Link #90
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Yep Mikuru was it. Also I could swear something happened with Nayuki, but it may have just been another undergarment. Anyway bra's and panties, same deal when it comes to making fans satisfied.

I'm mostly just bewildered that I made the post about the D20 system they seem to use in deciding whether they will show fanservice in an episode and that immediately after 5 episodes of light to none they finally seem to have rolled a critical. Also the whole thing about you being more likely to see a topless girl before you saw a panty shot, I'm not entirely sure whether or not I was mind taking some Kyoto Animation employee with that one. Weird stuff going on tonight.
Ah, I see. And it was a bra shot for Nayuki. At the very first episode, what's more.

I thought you were specifically talking about "up-the-skirt" pantsu shots....of which I'm pretty sure there was zilch of.
Old 2007-05-14, 02:39   Link #91
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
on the karaoke: doesn't Tsukasa's VA sound fluent at english?
Old 2007-05-14, 02:47   Link #92
CrazyPerson

I think the deal with Nayuki wasn't panties at all, but when they showed her bra in an early episode.

Also, I think that Kyo-Ani isn't rolling a die to determine fanservice, but is pushing fanservice at points where it would make sense to a high level. I guess it's to do with their policy of sticking close/improving slightly to the source material. Like, random fanservice say, during a study session, would be out of place and wonky, so they don't do it there. But when some fanservice appears in the source material, they ramp it up to suit the mood. They keep the service to a level where it suits the tone, removing it completely or turning it up. Like from the translation of Haruhi (chapter 2), Kyo-Ani removed the part where Haruhi reaches for Mikuru's skirt but then completely pimped Mikuru's costume rape through nice underwear.

So it seems like Kyo-Ani goes for the extremes, an all-or-nothing approach to it. That might be why it seems like it's random, but from my view, they're either not doing it or doing it right.
Old 2007-05-14, 03:48   Link #93
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd assume the readers of the comic might object to going way off-base from the source material. One thing Kyo-Ani does seem to really stick tight with is not deviating from the spirit of the source material (even if they do a lot of plastering to make things fit together).
Old 2007-05-14, 11:02   Link #94
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

how do you guys see the new eps so fast?! I can find raws but no subbed versions yet.. Unless all of you speak flawless japanese...

Last edited by jaziek; 2007-05-14 at 12:31.
Old 2007-05-14, 11:08   Link #95
Ffenix Rising
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaziek View Post
when will a.f.k's sub be out?
Never ask when the fansub (of this or any other series) will be available.

EDIT: Yeah it is established as a forum rule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Because it'll be released WHEN IT IS READY.

Remember:

* Fansubs are provided for free. Therefore the fansub groups owe you NOTHING. Which means you have no right to demand anything.

* Fansub groups should be able to take as long as they feel necessary to release the next episode.

* Fansubbing TAKES TIME. It's not an instant process. It's amazing it usually only takes a few days for some anime, but don't complain when it takes longer. Remember, fansubbers have a life too.

* Before something can be fansubbed, it actually has to air first in Japan. So it's ultra DUMB to ask why there aren't a whole lot more episodes yet.

* Most important of all:

BE PATIENT. GET A LIFE.
Old 2007-05-14, 12:16   Link #96
jaziek

ok duly noted, wont do it again

i googled for it and saw a link so i thought maybe it was out...

no im not stupid enough to click on a link that was there before the ep even came out.. i was just wondering if it was out.
Old 2007-05-14, 12:19   Link #97
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaziek View Post
how do you guys see the new eps so fast?! I can find raws but no subbed versions yet.. Unless all of you speak flawless japanese...

I need a subbed version! ep 6 looks so good from the screenshots ive seen! when will a.f.k's sub be out?
First, asking when a sub wil be out is "immediate ban" time, you might want to edit that post. Its easy enough to figure out the *usual* release day based on their prior releases. Subs can be delayed for weeks depending on the difficulty and the Real Life issues of the hobbyists.

Second, many people are watching raws. Many of them speak little japanese but just kind of wing it by visual context. Some are fluent enough to catch much of casual japanese, and some are fluent I usually don't watch raws because the files often run twice or three times as large as an encoded fansub file. It'd blow my bandwidth caps up.
Old 2007-05-14, 12:33   Link #98
jaziek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
First, asking when a sub wil be out is "immediate ban" time, you might want to edit that post. Its easy enough to figure out the *usual* release day based on their prior releases. Subs can be delayed for weeks depending on the difficulty and the Real Life issues of the hobbyists.

Second, many people are watching raws. Many of them speak little japanese but just kind of wing it by visual context. Some are fluent enough to catch much of casual japanese, and some are fluent I usually don't watch raws because the files often run twice or three times as large as an encoded fansub file. It'd blow my bandwidth caps up.
wow.. tough board..

I didnt notice the raw being too much bigger, and i doubt i could blow my bandwidth cap.. (im not even sure what it is, 20gb/month i think) I really cant stand watching something and not understanding the speech.. Thats just me i guess.
Old 2007-05-14, 13:21   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh... welcome to the board. Please a take a minute to read the forum rules and get familiar with the rep system, blahblahblah

Aye... I'm in the process of learning Japanese for a variety of reasons so even when I watch subs I try to ignore them unless I need a crosscheck on what I thought I heard. So I tend to prefer subs that are less liberal in the translation.

I'm stuck using a satellite connection for ISP at present, and they're very miserly with bandwidth (400MB transfer either way over 24 hrs or they smash you down to worse than dialup speed for 24 hrs).
Old 2007-05-14, 13:42   Link #100
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Heh... welcome to the board. Please a take a minute to read the forum rules and get familiar with the rep system, blahblahblah

Aye... I'm in the process of learning Japanese for a variety of reasons so even when I watch subs I try to ignore them unless I need a crosscheck on what I thought I heard. So I tend to prefer subs that are less liberal in the translation.

I'm stuck using a satellite connection for ISP at present, and they're very miserly with bandwidth (400MB transfer either way over 24 hrs or they smash you down to worse than dialup speed for 24 hrs).
Sounds like my ISP. Although they deny they throttle, I'm looking at it and sometimes its stable at about 150 Kb, and other times you can see it downloading and they'll cut off the peer connection, once it gets too high. You can literally see the drop off. Though with a large group of seeds it can by bypassed since the connections cycle so fast.
Closed Thread