Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-16, 13:22   Link #261
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Apparently there is a theme park in Ikebukuro that is going to be serving Natsume Yuujinchou themed snacks, they look pretty tasty.

Soushi and Ririchiyo's Master-Servant Contract Tortilla.

Japan, there really is no other place like you.

That Kagerou parfait definitely looks like an "S".
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 16:01   Link #262
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Probably the creepiest chapter was animated this week. Some of those scenes in the house gave me the chills..

Next weeks chapter will be a perfect place to finish the 4th season. The manga is coming to an end, so i wouldn't be surprised if we see a 5th season announcement once it's finished.
Old 2012-03-19, 16:16   Link #263
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That youkai was most definitely creepy. Trouble always finds Natsume no matter where he goes. Looking forward to the next (and sadly last) episode of the season. It's bound to be heartwarming and bittersweet, in typical Natsume fashion.
Old 2012-03-19, 17:21   Link #264
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see Natsume remembering his child days. Tough for him since he didn't want to go in the house, since he knew that youkai was there. Even worse that thing attacked him at the end as well.
Old 2012-03-19, 17:27   Link #265
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Next weeks chapter will be a perfect place to finish the 4th season. The manga is coming to an end, so i wouldn't be surprised if we see a 5th season announcement once it's finished.
Is that officially official? I thought that announcement might be coming in connection with the 4th season, but maybe I jumped the gun by one.
Old 2012-03-19, 17:29   Link #266
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Is that officially official?
Nope, but it's been hinted at for a while now.
Old 2012-03-19, 18:29   Link #267
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

To say this was different from what I was expecting coming off last week’s heart-melting trip into the past is an understatement. In a sense, this was Natsume being forced to confront everything that he hates and fears – about himself, about his gift, and about the impact he has on others. Imagine being a child whose monster under the bed was real – and then being forced as a teenager to confront it again. This was deeply uncomfortable for Natsume and thus, for us – it’s very easy to understand why he’s always so reluctant to even think about that part of his life. It was already something we were aware of intellectually, but I don’t think we’ve ever been forced to feel it so viscerally. I won’t say it was enjoyable, but it was powerful.
Old 2012-03-19, 23:27   Link #268
HandofFate

knew that thing was gonna show up again when the nyanko 'banished' that thing away.

should have ate it like that other youkai that tried to attack Natsume in his sleep.

even if it didn't sneak on Natsume, wouldn't it just to back to the house or find another home to invade anyway?
Old 2012-03-20, 02:07   Link #269
warita
Dai-Youkai

It was only logical the youkai would come back, because the problem wasnt resolved by nyanko sensei flashing him with his light.

So they lured him away from the house and nyanko sensei flashed him.... but what would stop the youkai from going back to the house? Nothing.... hence I expected the youkai to show up again.... but then I kindo of forgot about him and it caught me off guard, when he suddenly appeared at the end of the episode and attacked Natsume.

It was a powerful episode just as Enzo said..... and if the last episode will be in the same fashion, then we will get an impressive ending for this season, unlike season 3, which was the weakest so far.

And I do hope we get season 5 too. That would be plain awesome!!!!

Last edited by warita; 2012-03-20 at 05:29.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 02:28   Link #270
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I figured that youkai wasn't done. If it was simply going to be gone it would have just vanished, but the episode made a point of showing it dive into cover. No reason that youkai would stop following Natsume while looking for an opening or worse go back to that house and regain its strength over time.

The episode just did a good job dropping my guard. I figured the last two episodes would be connected and yet was still shocked when Natsume was hit at the end there.

This episode really showed how terrifying things were for Natsume back then. A lot of the youkai we've seen in the flashbacks weren't too bad. I mean some had too much fun teasing Natsume and making things hard for him, but this one was just dangerous. There's no way Natsume could have grown up in that house with such a youkai haunting his every step. Even now he couldn't take on something like that and especially not while trying to remain perfectly normal. But unlike the past Natsume isn't alone right now. He has support from those who know what he can see and he has a pretty solid bodyguard .
Old 2012-03-26, 13:05   Link #271
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 13:

This show has come too far now to stop. I expect a 5th season announcement by the end of the year.
Old 2012-03-26, 14:28   Link #272
sergel02

So this is the last episode? =(
I know there may be a 5th season, but until we get an announcement I won't get my hopes up. The show isn't one of my favorites, but for some reason, i have to come back every week and watch it.

In the meanwhile, i can now go watch the first 3 seasons since I haven't seen them yet XD

BTW, just wondering, but where do you all watch the show at?

Last edited by sergel02; 2012-03-26 at 14:28. Reason: Typo
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 15:08   Link #273
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I got teary-eyed watching the final. It was wonderful. Simply wonderful. Natsume asking Shigeru to take another family photo including Nyanko-sensei this time made for one of the most heartwarming moment of the series.

Eagerly waiting the fifth (and final? ) season of the show.
Old 2012-03-26, 15:11   Link #274
PiggyBank
sneaky & suspicious

There's one kind of Natsume episodes that I really don't like. It's the ones without a next week's preview
I'm hoping for season 5.

But this was a sweet epispde, even though it was so sad.
Old 2012-03-26, 15:24   Link #275
Yume Hanabi

This is the saddest episode I've ever seen. Little Natsume was so adorable, but poor boy, it must have been so hard for him. The end was perfect; he's finally got a photo where he's in the middle, smiling =)
Old 2012-03-26, 17:24   Link #276
Dop
Mmmm....

Beautiful, beautiful finale.
The masterful way they wrapped it all up, with an ending which both holds out the branch of hope for a fifth season, but is still a beautiful way to end the series if there is no fifth season.

Personally, I'm clinging on to that branch of hope, this is too wonderful a show to stop now.

I think I may have to go back to season 1 episode 1 and watch an episode a week now just to keep up my Natsume fix.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 18:00   Link #277
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I got teary-eyed watching the final. It was wonderful. Simply wonderful. Natsume asking Shigeru to take another family photo including Nyanko-sensei this time made for one of the most heartwarming moment of the series.

Eagerly waiting the fifth (and final? ) season of the show.
That was the moment the waterworks started for me, too. I'm drained - in a good way.
Old 2012-03-26, 18:50   Link #278
sergel02

Is the manga finished? Kinda wondering why a 5th season would be the last.

Anyway, i found the episode sweet and charming. Didn't really like how half of the final episode was a flashback. Flashbacks work a bit better in shows than they do in writing, but they're always have the flaw of stopping the action and narration from moving forward. I would personally rather have had them broken up through a couple episodes, but ehh.

Still enjoyed the episode tho =]
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 19:29   Link #279
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Great ep to finish off the season. Now we need another announcement.
Old 2012-03-26, 19:37   Link #280
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think the manga will need a little time to extend the lead. Maybe a year or so.

Tags
fantasy, shoujo