AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-08, 21:54   Link #981
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

What was that why dosnt the exoskeleton have a emergency shut off switch
Old 2013-02-08, 22:02   Link #982
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
What was that why dosnt the exoskeleton have a emergency shut off switch
Two things I could think of is that it's not an industrial exoskeleton, it's not meant to be in dangerous situations.

Second and more likely, I think that's what she was trying to push but it failed.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 22:25   Link #983
PzIVf3

She should tell him the location of the power source and pull it out what ever necessary.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 22:35   Link #984
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
She should tell him the location of the power source and pull it out what ever necessary.
Impractical; for all we know the power source could be screwed inside a box within the machine.
Old 2013-02-08, 23:01   Link #985
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
First, it's not a prosthetic leg, it's an exoskeleton unit. Whether what it did was possible depends on the weight of the unit itself and how powerful it is. I think you're seriously underestimating the power of those type of units, even in their current state (at least those in development for military applications), where injury to the user through incompatible range of motion is a very real issue during design.

TBH, the giant robot is the more unrealistic of the two from an engineering point of view.
I know it’s not actually “prosthetic” (hence I called it “mecha” legs in my earliest posts). I only used “prosthetic” word for convenience sake. The problem is not only power, but also balance. How can that thin automated exoskeleton can easily balanced itself even with the user continuously struggling plus interference by Kai’s strength? Not only it can balanced itself even with all that but also continuously pushing forward like nothing’s happening to it. It’s a tad impossible if you ask me (and yes, I know about the military exoskeleton they're working on IRL).

I said I was “okay” with the giant robot since that is the premise of this show. Just like in a Gundam show, I’m okay with the giant Mobile Suits but a bit baffled by a certain beam weaponry in it.
Old 2013-02-08, 23:05   Link #986
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Impractical; for all we know the power source could be screwed inside a box within the machine.
I know the exo-suit power source has limited life span and replace easily battery without need the screw to make more easily for the user.
Old 2013-02-08, 23:12   Link #987
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
I know the exo-suit power source has limited life span and replace easily battery without need the screw to make more easily for the user.
It's more like a safety feature than anything really, just to secure it.

But really, a screwdriver isn't that troublesome unless you never had to work in your life before.
Old 2013-02-08, 23:33   Link #988
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
How can that thin automated exoskeleton can easily balanced itself even with the user continuously struggling plus interference by Kai’s strength? Not only it can balanced itself even with all that but also continuously pushing forward like nothing’s happening to it. It’s a tad impossible if you ask me (and yes, I know about the military exoskeleton they're working on IRL).
She's paralyzed from the waist down, not exactly in a position to offer much interference to begin with. For a unit that's capable of balancing to the degree we've already seen (which pretty much allows Mizuka the mobility of a normal human being, which would already be a massive accomplishment), balancing isn't really a problem. The only real issue then would be generating sufficient power. TBH, the problem here isn't really that what it did was impossible, but rather that why would a supposedly medical unit be over-specc'd to that point.

Quote:
I said I was “okay” with the giant robot since that is the premise of this show. Just like in a Gundam show, I’m okay with the giant Mobile Suits but a bit baffled by a certain beam weaponry in it.
Sure, though to me it feels a bit like seeing a unicorn prancing down a rainbow bridge with sparkling pixie dust, yet only taking issues with how there shouldn't be a rainbow because it's not raining
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 23:37   Link #989
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's more like a safety feature than anything really, just to secure it.

But really, a screwdriver isn't that troublesome unless you never had to work in your life before.
Its been try and tested at Afghanistan the battery panel is mounted only a clip with a rubber sealing.
Old 2013-02-09, 00:02   Link #990
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
She's paralyzed from the waist down, not exactly in a position to offer much interference to begin with. For a unit that's capable of balancing to the degree we've already seen (which pretty much allows Mizuka the mobility of a normal human being, which would already be a massive accomplishment), balancing isn't really a problem. The only real issue then would be generating sufficient power. TBH, the problem here isn't really that what it did was impossible, but rather that why would a supposedly medical unit be over-specc'd to that point.
Dude, you forgot that I also mentioned that Kai provided more than enough power interference yet the drone exo-legs can still move without any note-worthy balance problem (as long as Kai didn't lift it off the ground) also with the power stronger than him for just a thin exo-skeleton.

Quote:
Sure, though to me it feels a bit like seeing a unicorn prancing down a rainbow bridge with sparkling pixie dust, yet only taking issues with how there shouldn't be a rainbow because it's not raining
Take it as you will for all I care. I already made my point.
Old 2013-02-09, 00:22   Link #991
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Stupid question why couldn't he just knock it over from the side...Its main range of motion seems to be in very straight forward walking movement. Just knocking her straight back was dumb as it just got right back up, but if he'd used his brain for a second and tackled her from the side how would it get itself back up? Simple forward motion movement like it was doing wouldn't accomplish it.

And then of course the power supply debate...I dunno the whole scene just felt silly honestly. Pair if with mister genius just standing there watching a giant robot fall on him and frankly I don't feel bad for any of these people dying since everyone seems to have the reaction times of a stone. *shrug*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 10:23   Link #992
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

That escalated quickly. Wanna bet Subaru's father will come next episode to chew out his son.

Quote:
Dude, you forgot that I also mentioned that Kai provided more than enough power interference yet the drone exo-legs can still move without any note-worthy balance problem (as long as Kai didn't lift it off the ground) also with the power stronger than him for just a thin exo-skeleton.
Makes you wonder how did they build it to that extent despite how light it looks. Whatever the case, the Committee 300 made a great exoskeleton for their plans.
Old 2013-02-09, 12:48   Link #993
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

Quote:
It's the same world as Steins;Gate, Nae herself is a character from S;G, and Kurisu (or rather, a 2ch post by her) has also made an appearance. The Committee of 300 in R;N is the same one that was behind SERN in S;G as well.

First, it's not a prosthetic leg, it's an exoskeleton unit. Whether what it did was possible depends on the weight of the unit itself and how powerful it is. I think you're seriously underestimating the power of those type of units, even in their current state (at least those in development for military applications), where injury to the user through incompatible range of motion is a very real issue during design.

TBH, the giant robot is the more unrealistic of the two from an engineering point of view.
Ok Ya I did not catch at all that nae was the same nae from steins; gate but I seriously agree that people are having problems with the wrong thing. it's about how people precieve reality not how it actually is in this case. in fact I would probably add that what happened with guns build 2 at the end of the episode was more unlikely then what happened to her.
tantei okuoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 13:42   Link #994
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantei okuoku View Post
Ok Ya I did not catch at all that nae was the same nae from steins; gate but I seriously agree that people are having problems with the wrong thing. it's about how people precieve reality not how it actually is in this case. in fact I would probably add that what happened with guns build 2 at the end of the episode was more unlikely then what happened to her.
What’s wrong with people addressing just one problem from an anime while also acknowledging the others but aren’t bothered to address it because they’re not interested? In my case, I’m not interested to address the “unrealistic-ness” of the giant robot of R;N since the logic behind a giant robot is an age-old question and I'm already bored by it. Instead, I’m more interested with the exo-skeleton legs. It’s as simple as that. It should be easy enough to understand.
Old 2013-02-09, 14:24   Link #995
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

Quote:
What’s wrong with people addressing just one problem from an anime while also acknowledging the others but aren’t bothered to address it because they’re not interested? In my case, I’m not interested to address the “unrealistic-ness” of the giant robot of R;N since the logic behind a giant robot is an age-old question and I'm already bored by it. Instead, I’m more interested with the exo-skeleton legs. It’s as simple as that. It should be easy enough to understand.
I am not talking about it existing or them making it, I am talking about it getting blown over by the wind when it is a giant robot that weighs much more then people who are still standing up.
tantei okuoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 14:25   Link #996
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Hey, I'm allowed to voice my opinion, right?
Yeah, and there's not anything wrong with yours, I just think it's a shame that your disbelief ruined the impact of an otherwise really nice scene for you, especially considering that its realism (or potential lack of such) is a grayer area than you originally seemed to believe. But oh well.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 14:34   Link #997
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantei okuoku View Post
I am not talking about it existing or them making it, I am talking about it getting blown over by the wind when it is a giant robot that weighs much more then people who are still standing up.
IMO The robot was falling because it was walking while the strong wind blows. I think a bipedal robot that size will have a lot more balance issues when it is walking compared to the human body. So, the robot's weight is actually a factor of why it was falling. Maybe the gust knocked it out when one of its feet are lifted up while walking.
Old 2013-02-09, 15:47   Link #998
max2k

Rly, Dude Exoskeletons of this strengh are not even fiction for years now. And you fill sides her complaining over this?

The HAL Typ, a whole Body exoskeleton of the japanese companie Cyberdyne, is even in diskusion to start Massproduction for the cleaning-up operations of Fukushima.

A Quick link for a Leg exoskeleton in Production sinces 2004:

http://www.golem.de/news/exoskelett-...210-95195.html

Quote:
TBH, the problem here isn't really that what it did was impossible, but rather that why would a supposedly medical unit be over-specc'd to that point.
Maybee Misaka modified a industrial version of the coporation she works for as prosthesis for Mizuka?

More intresting then the Exoskeleton discusion, is this question for me: "Why did the Kagome-Kagome rington plays, for the white noise call, that let the exoskelton run berserk in the first place." The Kagome-Kagome rington was associated with Kimijima for me. Why should the Song be used for a Tool of the "300". Or are the "Kimijima-Notes" not a warning but a something on the line of a Diary ... Puting Kimijima on the bad side would even be a answer for: "why did he hold a loli hostage in his cellar like an austrian ..." Or did i miss something associated with the Rington/Song?

Last edited by max2k; 2013-02-09 at 16:39.
max2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 16:02   Link #999
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k View Post
Rly, Dude Exoskeletons of this strengh are not even fiction for years now. And you fill sides her complaining over this?

The HAL Typ, a whole Body exoskeleton of the japanese companie Cyberdyne, is even in diskusion to start Massproduction for the cleaning-up operations of Fukushima.

A Quick link for a Leg exoskeleton in Production sinces 2004:

http://www.golem.de/news/exoskelett-...210-95195.html
Oh, so it’s not fiction anymore? Then let me ask, from all those data you provided, is there any exoskeleton as thin and only cover the legs as the one in R;N that can move on its own and have enough power to brush off a boy’s strength like it was nothing while continue walking? I'm just curious.
Old 2013-02-09, 16:20   Link #1000
max2k

Sry i had messed up the link of the HAL Exeskelton with the leg typ, thats is btw nearly 10 years old:

http://www.pressebox.de/presscorner/...60/iframe/1460

Tags
science fiction