Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 2013-08-17, 19:28   Link #261
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
You don't have to tell me that as I know it already, seem really basic - my problem is more like a psychological rather than the food intake. Discipline is my problem.
Seek a psychiatrist.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 19:33   Link #262
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Seek a psychiatrist.....
You know Filipino's culture about this psychiatrist thing. So no.
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 19:36   Link #263
NoemiChan
Banned

Why tell others... keep it secret....
Old 2013-08-17, 20:07   Link #264
Seitsuki
Onee!

This is utterly unrelated, but I am hereby invalidating your ellipsis license.
Old 2013-08-18, 11:21   Link #265
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
You don't have to tell me that as I know it already, seem really basic - my problem is more like a psychological rather than the food intake. Discipline is my problem.
It's possible that you're having problems keeping with it because you're trying to make large changes very suddenly. Couple that with high expectations, and when you slip on your diet then you feel despair and end up giving up on it entirely. That leads to two more bits of behavioral advice:

1) Start slow. For example, if you eat dessert with every meal, then for this week skip dessert for two meals. You can make it any day(s) you want, and any meals you want. If it was really difficult to do, then skip dessert for two meals again next week. If you felt that it wasn't too difficult, then cut out dessert for three or four meals next week, and just keep upping the ante like that. If you're not eating dessert, then swap out some of your regular food ingredients for something healthier (substitute vegetables in place of some of your meat and carbohydrates, if not entirely then at least partially) for two meals this week, and then slowly increase it to more meals each week. You can also apply this to portion control, if you're having a hard time with that.

2) Be forgiving to yourself. This is a long process; even if you successfully change your lifestyle and eating habits, you shouldn't be losing more than 1-2 pounds (0.4 to 0.9 kg) per week. It's okay to lose a battle here and there, but remember that you're in this to "win the war." In other words, if you eat beyond your diet for a meal do not despair and toss your diet entirely! It's OK to have things like that happen every now and then. It happens to everyone; nobody is perfect. Keep your eye on the bigger picture. Also, do not tell yourself that you are any less disciplined than anyone else. Many people begin that way, and then discover that they are actually quite disciplined. It's just a matter of finding a thought process, a motivator, or a particular goal that gets them to maintain their resolve.

The last bit of advice that I can give is to share the experiences of others (which align with my own). Dieting is very uncomfortable when you first begin. You feel hungry, both physically and psychologically. The sensation stays with you during almost every waking moment, unless you're doing something to take your mind off of it. But if you can keep it up for a week or two, the sensation becomes normal and is not a bother. Once you reach that stage, you're past the most difficult part. In a way it's similar to working out (physical exercise): it's initially a very uncomfortable sensation, both to perform the activity and to deal with the soreness that comes after, but once you stick with it for a week or two then the sensation becomes normal and is almost welcome. Just as in physics, getting something moving takes more energy than it does to maintain it.
Old 2013-08-18, 14:59   Link #266
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
It's possible that you're having problems keeping with it because you're trying to make large changes very suddenly. Couple that with high expectations, and when you slip on your diet then you feel despair and end up giving up on it entirely. That leads to two more bits of behavioral advice:

1) Start slow. For example, if you eat dessert with every meal, then for this week skip dessert for two meals. You can make it any day(s) you want, and any meals you want. If it was really difficult to do, then skip dessert for two meals again next week. If you felt that it wasn't too difficult, then cut out dessert for three or four meals next week, and just keep upping the ante like that. If you're not eating dessert, then swap out some of your regular food ingredients for something healthier (substitute vegetables in place of some of your meat and carbohydrates, if not entirely then at least partially) for two meals this week, and then slowly increase it to more meals each week. You can also apply this to portion control, if you're having a hard time with that.

2) Be forgiving to yourself. This is a long process; even if you successfully change your lifestyle and eating habits, you shouldn't be losing more than 1-2 pounds (0.4 to 0.9 kg) per week. It's okay to lose a battle here and there, but remember that you're in this to "win the war." In other words, if you eat beyond your diet for a meal do not despair and toss your diet entirely! It's OK to have things like that happen every now and then. It happens to everyone; nobody is perfect. Keep your eye on the bigger picture. Also, do not tell yourself that you are any less disciplined than anyone else. Many people begin that way, and then discover that they are actually quite disciplined. It's just a matter of finding a thought process, a motivator, or a particular goal that gets them to maintain their resolve.

The last bit of advice that I can give is to share the experiences of others (which align with my own). Dieting is very uncomfortable when you first begin. You feel hungry, both physically and psychologically. The sensation stays with you during almost every waking moment, unless you're doing something to take your mind off of it. But if you can keep it up for a week or two, the sensation becomes normal and is not a bother. Once you reach that stage, you're past the most difficult part. In a way it's similar to working out (physical exercise): it's initially a very uncomfortable sensation, both to perform the activity and to deal with the soreness that comes after, but once you stick with it for a week or two then the sensation becomes normal and is almost welcome. Just as in physics, getting something moving takes more energy than it does to maintain it.
Thanks for the advice. I guess I should consider myself for a motivator. I've done dieting before but it was because that I have a motivator. I guess I need to motivate myself more to do this thing. Thanks for the advice.
Old 2013-08-18, 22:09   Link #267
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I guess I should consider myself for a motivator. I've done dieting before but it was because that I have a motivator. I guess I need to motivate myself more to do this thing. Thanks for the advice.
You're a dude right? have a complete full picture of your body and Piolo Pascual naked and post it with yours side by side ( not really a joke). Imagine him and you and how fat you are....
Old 2013-08-23, 12:16   Link #268
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Goddammit it's been almost a week since my physician license exam and the results aren't even out yet amf.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 17:03   Link #269
NoemiChan
Banned

Is the results takes only a month?
Old 2013-08-23, 19:52   Link #270
SummeryDreams

Quote:
You're a dude right? have a complete full picture of your body and Piolo Pascual naked and post it with yours side by side ( not really a joke). Imagine him and you and how fat you are....
My body is gross, like seriously speaking. Even my classmates says so. Seriously? If someone else saw my body, they are like, eewww.. I don't about my girlfriend but she seems the only one who likes it, I mean, could tolerate it.
Old 2013-08-23, 19:54   Link #271
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Goddammit it's been almost a week since my physician license exam and the results aren't even out yet amf.
I thought it will take about 3 months for the result to come out? Is it a nationwide exam? If it is, then I assume a week won't be enough for that. Patience, and treat us hamburgers and sausages if you pass.
Old 2013-08-24, 00:59   Link #272
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
My body is gross, like seriously speaking. Even my classmates says so. Seriously? If someone else saw my body, they are like, eewww.. I don't about my girlfriend but she seems the only one who likes it, I mean, could tolerate it.
Ok... your body sucks but has girlfriend.... I say you're lying,,,,
Old 2013-08-24, 19:45   Link #273
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Ok... your body sucks but has girlfriend.... I say you're lying,,,,
I wish I'm lying but seriously I'm not. We're like heaven and hell in terms of looks, like seriously speaking. Everyone seeing us being sweet with each other will say, gross.
Old 2013-08-25, 01:55   Link #274
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I wish I'm lying but seriously I'm not. We're like heaven and hell in terms of looks, like seriously speaking. Everyone seeing us being sweet with each other will say, gross.
I second that....

Anyway.. you're one hell of a lucky guy,,,,
Old 2013-08-25, 02:20   Link #275
SummeryDreams

Quote:
I second that....

Anyway.. you're one hell of a lucky guy,,,,
Not so, because if I do, I won't be posting about how to handle depression just like before. If you want to, you can check the old threads. It's dead, hopefully forever it will be. I don't want to revive that one day you know.
Old 2013-08-27, 22:24   Link #276
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Need some help. I'll be hitting up my doctor by next week but I wanted some opinions. The past 3-4 for weeks I have been feeling nauseated, daily. Nauseated to the point where I would even gag and start to begin to throw up (I did once). At first, I thought it was mainly because I was sick. Around week 2, I got the regular cold with a sore throat and a ton phlegm so I figured, well I feel like throwing up and gagging simply because I was sick. I didn't pay much attention to it; however, these last week and a half I've been just feeling nauseated every day AND I'm not sick with the cold anymore. I'm a BIG eater, but these past 3 weeks, I probably eat 1/2 to 3/4s of the food I normally eat. The reason being, is because after I eat, I feel like vomiting. When I'm hungry, I'm actually hungry and start eating but I'm conscious of throwing up so I don't eat as much. I also feel "more full"/bloated more easier after I eat a meal or a snack. Also, in the morning when I wake up, I feel full and I don't feel like eating, but I still have the nauseated feeling even if I don't eat breakfast. When my mouth gets dry, I start to get the gagging feeling in my throat/feel like vomiting.

I've inspected myself. I've been drinking more water just to clear out my system of w/e. My BM is as normal as I can tell. I don't really have any changes in my elimination system. My eating pattern in terms of what time I eat are the same nor has my diet changed. My weight has been the same as well. I don't look pale. I HAVE been pretty tired the last 2 weeks though. Tired as in just feeling sleepy.

There is something that I don't understand though, a piece of gum, or any "minty" candy KIND OF eliminates the nauseated feeling. So, I've been chewing gum lately (just regular mint gum), a LOT, especially after meals and when I wake up. It's weird, it literally takes some or most of the nauseated feeling away where I can concentrate on w/e I'm doing. I've chewed some gum NUMEROUS times right before I'm actually going to vomit or have the urge too and I'm completely fine. It doesn't alleviate the bloated feeling though.

Any ideas on what issue I might be dealing with?

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 23:33   Link #277
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Need some help. I'll be hitting up my doctor by next week but I wanted some opinions. The past 3-4 for weeks I have been feeling nauseated, daily. Nauseated to the point where I would even gag and start to begin to throw up (I did once). At first, I thought it was mainly because I was sick. Around week 2, I got the regular cold with a sore throat and a ton phlegm so I figured, well I feel like throwing up and gagging simply because I was sick. I didn't pay much attention to it; however, these last week and a half I've been just feeling nauseated every day AND I'm not sick with the cold anymore. I'm a BIG eater, but these past 3 weeks, I probably eat 1/2 to 3/4s of the food I normally eat. The reason being, is because after I eat, I feel like vomiting. When I'm hungry, I'm actually hungry and start eating but I'm conscious of throwing up so I don't eat as much. I also feel "more full"/bloated more easier after I eat a meal or a snack. Also, in the morning when I wake up, I feel full and I don't feel like eating, but I still have the nauseated feeling even if I don't eat breakfast. When my mouth gets dry, I start to get the gagging feeling in my throat/feel like vomiting.

I've inspected myself. I've been drinking more water just to clear out my system of w/e. My BM is as normal as I can tell. I don't really have any changes in my elimination system. My eating pattern in terms of what time I eat are the same nor has my diet changed. My weight has been the same as well. I don't look pale. I HAVE been pretty tired the last 2 weeks though. Tired as in just feeling sleepy.

There is something that I don't understand though, a piece of gum, or any "minty" candy KIND OF eliminates the nauseated feeling. So, I've been chewing gum lately (just regular mint gum), a LOT, especially after meals and when I wake up. It's weird, it literally takes some or most of the nauseated feeling away where I can concentrate on w/e I'm doing. I've chewed some gum NUMEROUS times right before I'm actually going to vomit or have the urge too and I'm completely fine. It doesn't alleviate the bloated feeling though.

I'm no doctor so I might be wrong.

Nausea might be related to fever ( you never mentioned it but you mentioned colds) same goes to loss of appetite. Infection might had occur and might be the cause of your sore throat ( maybe that's the cause of everything).

Normal BM and return of appetite. I think your generally ok except for that nausea you are experiencing.

Better seek a doctor. But I thinks its not an emergency....
Old 2013-08-28, 19:44   Link #278
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post

There are quite a few things that it could be. An infection in your throat (creating a bad taste and/or swelling that creates an unpleasant sensation), some sort of toxins in the blood (triggering the sensation to vomit; if you're experiencing organ failure of some sort then this becomes plausible), gastroesophageal reflux, or gallbladder dysfunction. Disclaimers and not requests for more information: without knowing you, your history, and your physical appearance, I can't tell you which is most likely. Given your age and gender I would say that none of them are likely for your demographic (except for reflux, but what you're experiencing leads me to think that it isn't the issue).

There are anti-nausea medications that your doctor could prescribe, but I wouldn't go for relief of symptoms and ignore why this all started in the first place. Hopefully the cause can be found fairly quickly, and dealt with.
Old 2013-08-29, 20:42   Link #279
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

@ Genji @ Ledgem
Yep, it turns out I have GERD. Nothing too serious, more like the early stages of it. I was placed on Protonix (PPI) and have to follow a GERD diet for about a month. No citrus acids... in addition to no greasy foods, avoid beef, avoid acidy/spicy foods/drinks, and worst of all, no coffee (right when I started my 2nd semester of nursing school Q_Q) and alcohol (which I rarely drink anyway).

The good thing my doctor pointed out was that I would probably lose at least 5 lbs just for following a GERD diet (which mainly involves avoiding citrus acid-containing drinks especially since I'm a soda drinker xP)

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 23:31   Link #280
NoemiChan
Banned

.... and don't lay flat on bed right after eating... sit at least 20 mins then you may lay down if you want..