AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2016-07-24, 15:08   Link #221
Dextro
He Without a Title

Actually I'll have to say that the new VA foir Lailah did a stellar job keeping the character sounding remarkably similar. It wasn't until someone in this thread posted the video of the same scene in the game that I noticed the differences. Yes, they exist and no one can really imitate the late Matsuki Miyu-san no matter how hard they may try but Shitaya Noriko-san did her absolute best and managed to fool me for quite some time there. It wasn't until the preview that I could be 100% sure that they didn't re-use samples from the game like the Persona 4 anime did.

As for the rest of the episode I have to admit that I don't remember all the details from the start of the game that well but mostly everything seemed right. So far it looks like this is staying really close to the original source material after giving us some much needed expansion to Alisha in particular. I'm eager to see how they handle the following episodes.

On a final note: that scene with the flying Hellion was breathtaking. Ufotable sure knows how to bring the eye candy.
Old 2016-07-24, 15:15   Link #222
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
On a final note: that scene with the flying Hellion was breathtaking. Ufotable sure knows how to bring the eye candy.
It's a shame most of the masses can't see it. I'm concerned this will become a problem in Sorey's mission.
Old 2016-07-24, 15:30   Link #223
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Spoiler for Comparison to the game:

On an unrelated note .. Am I the only one who's glad Lailah's VA has changed? Not saying I'm glad with the circumstances that led to this change ... Buuut I reaaaaaally disliked Lailah as a whole and her voice played a big part on it when I played the game.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-07-24 at 23:12. Reason: Added spoiler tags for comparison
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 16:02   Link #224
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
As for the rest of the episode I have to admit that I don't remember all the details from the start of the game that well but mostly everything seemed right.
They used the wrong type of hellion. Even if they wanted something with a bit more oomph than what was in the game, of all the possibilities (giant bug, giant mammal, giant bird...) why did they have to pick a giant winged lizard?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 19:42   Link #225
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They used the wrong type of hellion. Even if they wanted something with a bit more oomph than what was in the game, of all the possibilities (giant bug, giant mammal, giant bird...) why did they have to pick a giant winged lizard?
For big impact? because when I played the game.... big balls of blue and a beowolf grimm isn't that much threatening. Also the transformation sure upped the hyped in the anime.... the game.... kinda lacks impact but its still nice. still in the beginning.
Old 2016-07-24, 19:45   Link #226
Yamada II

Episode 3

So Sorey reaches the city and gets in with the help of some "merchants" whom I doubt are only merchants. The sword pulling takes place but no one can pull out Excalibur. And Alisha announces that their neighboring country and themselves aren't in good conditions so if something happens, we're not going to attack first. We're going to retaliate only. And her ministers don't like the idea which is why one fat guy asks some contracted assassins to kill her because she's leading the country towards a not so good future and is putting the lives of the citizens in jeopardy. And the assassins attack during the confusion due to a dragon showing up. And only Sorey can see that dragon apart from Mikleo and Lailah. Sorey goes and pulls Excalibur out, becomes the Shephard, and he fuses with Lailah to defeat the dragon. Fusion with the seraph is probably the Shepherd's ability – he can also fuse with Mikleo as the OP shows. His fusion with Lailah looked kinda cool. Now to see what other forms he can get with different fusions.

The two who were to assassinate Alisha are probably that girl who helped Sorey in and that guy with the hat. As the fox man said, there will be more people out for Alisha's head because people aren't satisfied with her ruling just like that fat guy. People aren't willing to follow a girl who believes so strongly in legends to potentially endanger lives.

Also, Lailah is the Lady of the Lake, but is a fire seraph. Why? Shouldn't she have been a water one since she's the Lady of the LAKE and lakes are made of water, unless the lake here is volcanic or something. And Mikleo making funny faces in the end lol.

The story doesn't feel like anything exceptional. It's pretty simple and straightforward with not much complications. It doesn't feel anything too engaging. It isn't bad (so far at least), it's just not that exciting to watch. Sorey doesn't feel like a very interesting guy. He's pretty okay, and looks okay too (Mikleo looks better). Alisha is cute but not more than that so far. The animation is what's keeping me here since it's amwazing.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 19:52   Link #227
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada II View Post
The two who were to assassinate Alisha are probably that girl who helped Sorey in and that guy with the hat. As the fox man said, there will be more people out for Alisha's head because people aren't satisfied with her ruling just like that fat guy. People aren't willing to follow a girl who believes so strongly in legends to potentially endanger lives.
The fat dude seems like you're typical corrupt official who is in it just for personal gain.

Also, Alisha was right about the Shepherd. That should add credibility to her opinions and ideas.
Old 2016-07-24, 19:59   Link #228
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Nice episode. The animation for the fight was super
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 20:03   Link #229
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Top notch episode. Story, animation, fights, everything in it was nicely done. The stop time was impressive too.

Breath of fresh air after watching re:zero's nonsense in recent episodes.
Old 2016-07-24, 20:42   Link #230
Top Sergeant

Excellent episode!

I'm also going with Stark700's guess about the female assassin.

So, the assassins broke off and didn't kill the Princess. Will they try again, or do they feel the contract has been nulled since the Shepherd has appeared?
Old 2016-07-24, 20:51   Link #231
coded321
He Who Games

My only issue with this show is, why does the main antagonist now look like the Mc of the upcoming tales of bersiria game? Did they change the antagonist or something?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 20:55   Link #232
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
My only issue with this show is, why does the main antagonist now look like the Mc of the upcoming tales of bersiria game? Did they change the antagonist or something?
Why do you think she's the antagonist? She shows up in the OP, sure, but we don't really see her fighting the main characters.
Old 2016-07-24, 21:01   Link #233
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Why do you think she's the antagonist? She shows up in the OP, sure, but we don't really see her fighting the main characters.
bceause we always fight trash mobs for the majority of the story in JRPG
Old 2016-07-24, 21:05   Link #234
xeviouses

Quote:
She's not the antagonist, I doubt they would make drastic change such as that for anime.

Her presence there is to promote Beseria and provide a link between the two games. Beseria is the prequel for Zestria.
Old 2016-07-24, 21:18   Link #235
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I'll clarify that it wasn't technically a Dragon. It was a Drake.

They changed quite a bit from the game, but I am enjoying it more this way!
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 21:21   Link #236
GDB

Liked the episode. Interesting how they're expanding Lunarre's role so much. Now he's more than just a random annoyance with no meaning.

And for the record, he was so insignificant in the game I had to go look his name up.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 21:53   Link #237
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Never thought I'D say this, but Rose was pretty cute this episode =03.

I was once again impressed by Alisha; her ability to defend against the assassin with only short sword/dagger was grand to watch; barely did so, but did it nonetheless. Pretty much the waifu we deserved, but never obtained, in the game =01.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Liked the episode. Interesting how they're expanding Lunarre's role so much. Now he's more than just a random annoyance with no meaning.

And for the record, he was so insignificant in the game I had to go look his name up.
Indeed, Lunarre continues to be a blast to watch =03! The anime is really doing an exceptional job at giving more purpose and incentive to Lunarre's motives. I smile every time he comes on-screen =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 22:05   Link #238
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
didn't she and sorey attack each other near the end of the op? that's why i assumed she was an antagonist.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 22:06   Link #239
Wandering Soul

Enjoyed the episode. Sorey's new fusion form with Laliah looked pretty cool. Animation for the fight was stunning.
Old 2016-07-24, 22:08   Link #240
Kazu-kun

Quote:
didn't she and sorey attack each other near the end of the op?
Not that I can see. Velvet attacks the ground and Sorey attacks at front. We don't really see them attacking each other. For all we know these are shots from two totally different scenes.