AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-07, 03:48   Link #961
wao
OK.

Argh, I keep getting a 403 Forbidden with that link even though I cleared the Google cookies ...
I don't know if I didn't mention but the expected 2nd Roman Album was released on the 3rd, even Tadashi Hiramatsu mentioned it on his blog and I'm hoping I can get it. Hopefully it has more content than the first one.
Old 2008-03-07, 04:16   Link #962
manuloz

I edited my last post with a copy of the text since the board would not let me post in this one ^^

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=960

Yep i heard about the second Roman Album. Someone posted one scan on 2chan of Takeshi's Honda key drawings from episode 2 (i think), the girl playing in the box.
But i can't find where i saved the scan on my disk ^^'

And there seems to be more :

Quote:
1話C-78   イリーガルを追いかける京子とデンスケ  本田雄修正原画
2話C-15   神社を探すフミエとヤサコ 本田雄原画
2話C-108  ダンボールでころがる京子 本田雄原画
2話C-120  言っちゃダメ!のところ 本田雄原画
4話C-148  バトル冒頭、ミサイルを避けてダンボールの陰に隠れるイサコ 井上俊之原画
4話C-184  追跡君に対して後ろにジャンプしながら鉄壁を出すイサコ 板津匡覧原画
18話C-217 ハラケンを抱きしめるオバチャン 井上俊之原画
22話C-48,50 イサコ泣き 板津匡覧原画
22話C-323 京子を抱えてダッシュするダイチ 押山清高修正原画
26話C-22 ヤサコを抱き上げるオジジ 押山清高原画
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:30   Link #963
aorta

Denno Coil Roman Album Illustration Book

http://www.akadotretail.com/product_...ducts_id=24702
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%9B%BB%E8...910907&sr=11-1

aorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 18:46   Link #964
jsrv

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
I edited my last post with a copy of the text since the board would not let me post in this one ^^

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=960

Yep i heard about the second Roman Album. Someone posted one scan on 2chan of Takeshi's Honda key drawings from episode 2 (i think), the girl playing in the box.
But i can't find where i saved the scan on my disk ^^'

And there seems to be more :
Is the 2nd album simply an updated version of the first, or is it completely different? Does the first one have content that the second one does not?
jsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 23:17   Link #965
wao
OK.

I think the second migh have some content that overlaps (e.g. episode summaries, character descriptions) and much more (interviews that touch on the later half of the series, more "hidden designs" and some shots of the storyboard etc) But as for the first having anything the second doesn't... I really don't know, maybe there'll be a different interview in the second book?

And I just happened to look at the DVD covers on Amazon, and wtf the last DVD cover almost feels really really cheesy...

But I am happy because there's HARAKEN IN A MIDDLE SCHOOL UNIFORM FINALLY. (Er, he looks a bit awkward but that's okay. )
Old 2008-03-08, 02:49   Link #966
manuloz

Well i finally found it that pic posted on 2chan. It's a reproduction of key drawings by Takeshi Honda.

manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 21:29   Link #967
leofish
Mia 'cova

that electro world is one of the best Dennou MAD I've seen.
in terms of caramelldansen... there are a few >.>

a decent gacha:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2408453

and a not so decent isako/michiko:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2418708

theres prolly more.. but those are the only ones I've come across..
leofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 21:53   Link #968
aorta

Den-noh Coil

I got the Roman Album today. The coolest thing so far is that is has a map of the city which corresponds to artwork on the next page. There are 5 sections: character file, story guide, format material, making, and art.
Old 2008-03-10, 23:41   Link #969
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post

And I just happened to look at the DVD covers on Amazon, and wtf the last DVD cover almost feels really really cheesy...

But I am happy because there's HARAKEN IN A MIDDLE SCHOOL UNIFORM FINALLY. (Er, he looks a bit awkward but that's okay. )
Ha Ha I happen to like it. Well I guess it's because I love the Yasako/Isako interaction.

And it's a kid's show. You have to expect some cheesiness.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 03:16   Link #970
aboutblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
I got the Roman Album today. The coolest thing so far is that is has a map of the city which corresponds to artwork on the next page. There are 5 sections: character file, story guide, format material, making, and art.
Does it have episode guides for every episode? I bought the first one and it had them for 1-9. And about how many pages is given for production art and the making of? I can't decide if it's worth buying or not since it seems like there may be a lot of overlapping material from the first book.
aboutblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 09:20   Link #971
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutblue View Post
Does it have episode guides for every episode? I bought the first one and it had them for 1-9. And about how many pages is given for production art and the making of? I can't decide if it's worth buying or not since it seems like there may be a lot of overlapping material from the first book.
Episode guide for every episode and a timeline for the series. The making section is about 40 pages. It includes the staff and cast for very episode. The art section is about 10 pages long, but there is other art scattered through the book. I don't have the first book to compare, but this is 143 pages long.
Old 2008-03-12, 09:44   Link #972
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I saw this too yesterday. I was checking on the first book that was released and came across it on Amazon. I put my order in for it with the local 'Asahiya' here yesterday. Whoo hoo!!

From some of the comments it seems folks seem much happier with this book than the last one that was released last year. But that one didn't say roman album did it? I think it said like "fanbook". That's the small one right?

This one seems to really cover a lot. I wasn't passing this one up.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 00:54   Link #973
aboutblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
Episode guide for every episode and a timeline for the series. The making section is about 40 pages. It includes the staff and cast for very episode. The art section is about 10 pages long, but there is other art scattered through the book. I don't have the first book to compare, but this is 143 pages long.
Thanks for the detailed description. That's a good 61 pages longer than the first one. I'm especially tempted to buy it for the timeline and hopefully a few pages of storyboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
From some of the comments it seems folks seem much happier with this book than the last one that was released last year. But that one didn't say roman album did it? I think it said like "fanbook". That's the small one right?
The first book looks like this: http://benippon.com/shop/product_inf...ducts_id=10780. You can't tell from the link but it does say roman album on it.
aboutblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 09:05   Link #974
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutblue View Post
Thanks for the detailed description. That's a good 61 pages longer than the first one. I'm especially tempted to buy it for the timeline and hopefully a few pages of storyboards.

The first book looks like this: http://benippon.com/shop/product_inf...ducts_id=10780. You can't tell from the link but it does say roman album on it.
Ah, I've seen that one. 'Denno Coil Access Guide'. Y'know it would help if the pics were clearer. The word Roman Album is soooo tiny. There's also another book called the 'Denno Coil Character book'. So there were 2 that were released. But apparently neither lived up to buyer's expectations. Yet both books have 80+ pages ea. when combined is more than the big one at 145 pgs. Since this release it seems folks like this one better. Might have some sweet eye candy in it probably. But I may pick up the others later on if they're still available. Too bad I couldn't know what was in them ahead of time then I could decide if having all 3 is worth it.

Thanks.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 14:58   Link #975
Falx

I give this series fifty-hojillion thumbs up. I had no idea what I was missing out on.
Falx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 02:46   Link #976
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falx View Post
I give this series fifty-hojillion thumbs up. I had no idea what I was missing out on.
is this series really good. I been putting off this series for a while now. Because reading the basic plot of the storie on wiki it didnt see that interesting.

Guess ill give the first episode a go and see what the fuss is all about.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 23:20   Link #977
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
is this series really good. I been putting off this series for a while now. Because reading the basic plot of the storie on wiki it didnt see that interesting.

Guess ill give the first episode a go and see what the fuss is all about.
there's more than meets the eye in Denno Coil. On the surface (mainly, appearance) the characters look childish with childish concerns, but underlying those carefree episodes and true depiction of children comes the darker side of things. The anime actually takes a dark turn towards the middle (gets pretty deep in terms of anime depth), particularly 3/4 of the way down when all the clues begin to make sense. Enough to creep me out. oh yeah, and there's this one hilarious episode that basically sums up the folly of the entire human history. I was totally blasted away by that one. Impressive!

If you've read the wiki, read that bit explaining the director's theme, something about showing "the distance between people". You'd appreciate the anime more if you keep that in mind while watching.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 14:00   Link #978
D2D
oO?

I just finished watching this today, and I must admit I don't regret the time I passed in front of the comp :]

Really interesting and original anime in its background/ideas. All this glasses/cyberworld/encode stuffs really got me hooked. Also I liked the design, pretty refreshing. And overall the story is not bad even tho it starts a bit slow I'd say, it allows us to get used to the characters and environment which is really rich and full of good ideas. But it gets more serious and dramatic after the middle of the show, and I felt the end was ok too. So overall a really great anime, it's a pitty it's not that popular ):

Oh and yeah, the "beard" episode is lots of fun but it made me go wtf at first tho ^_^
D2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 17:36   Link #979
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
this series is indeed interesting, i like the background, the settings, the vision of cyber-technology in an almost realistic (if not exaggerated ) over its effects.

however for some unknown reason, i despise Okonogi-san, the main lead female lead. she really really really really REALLLLY pisses me off.

honestly, if it wasn't for Isako, i would be gritting my teeth in pain. At leased with dragonaut the characters were funny to watch as they flail about in the stupid story.

however the whining, the pleading the...i dunno how to describe it, the helplessness and ignorant innocences of Okonogi really wants me to pick her up, shake her abnout and dash her head against a wall or something.

i just don't understand WHY she makes me so anger. it's irrational. but she does.

so if i have to rate this series it has to be at leases a 7 or 8.

Remove Okonogi-san then it will be a 9, even a 10 i suppose.
Old 2008-04-23, 01:44   Link #980
Cut-Tongue
ボクサッチ!

My wife and myself enjoy the hell out of this show, especially Akira's Mincet. Its so cute!

Question for any Japanese r/w'ers out there: What is the kanji/kata/hiro for 'Boku Satchii!' I want to use it as my user title =)
Cut-Tongue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction