AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 18.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 7.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.59%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 7.94%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-21, 12:24   Link #61
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

I saw the subs now and it turned out to be as decent as I thought when I saw the raw. Everyone got their lesson and came to accept it. I'd say it was as satisfying as it can get for a cliffhanger conclusion. And they didn't take the diversion from novels to an unrecoverable point. I'm happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleri View Post
Thanks, Ultramarinus gave me a scare until I scrolled down and noticed he didn't know what he was talking about. I knew that the Queen wasn't Leerin's mother but I wasn't 100% sure.
Heh, sorry. I jumped to conclusions with my 'anime Japanese'. I generally understand frequently used phrases or words though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
guhhh sad that Layfon had to give back his sword back.... so not only he lost HB but psyharden katana in one go >__> (since they melted together and made katana HB)

Well there might be another season but I wouldnt be so sure if it will appear so fast... anyway It would be kinda hard to pull things all together now.... Leerin is again in Grendan... and so she wont spend more time with Layfon,Meishen,Nina at zerenii..... there was no inter city match.... queen didnt had to take Leerin back to grendan while layfon throught she kidnapped her.....

So seriouly it would be even more mess in my eyes... (not mention that nina lost the haikizoku which in novel like I saw people talking had been taken by the queen too along with leerin...)

Hmm It's hard to say how the second season would contain.... I guess Saya wanted to test if Layfon will take the HB path again.....but anyway its WAY to hard to imagine how they can play it out now.... Layfon in Zerenii and didnt even throught of going back to Grendan to be a full HB now..... (anywya I wonder if the queen will leave the space for Layfon as it is...since saya choiced Layfon and she is the ruller of this world.... and now Savaris is even gone and left his HB behind... [so queen has now not 11 but 10HB XD)

well it would be nice if Queen said dirrectly to layfon that he can go back and take his place as HB and be close to Leerin... or at least make Layfon take his friends to grendan where they can train to be better military artists.... learn from the best's....
Maybe he was able to dismantle the 'swordboard' before they got the blade back, there's a possibility at least.

As for the other stuff, I thought it like this:

- Saya may manually give the goat back to Nina, saying something like "you're chosen like Layfon".
- Myath can come back after Grendan left for a showdown.
- The queen may kidnap/bring Nina back again after she gets the goat.
- Layfon can go after Grendan like Max Payne because he thinks the queen got his 'closest female companions'.

So they may be able to salvage it back to the point the novel's in, it's not impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Not too sure how that conclusion is reached. Only Leerin and Nina have been the ones who've gotten hugged or kissed by Layfon.
I'd call that 'wishful thinking' instead of conclusion. Felli is clearly off the hook and she still can't accept the fact, result was the kick.
Old 2009-06-21, 12:35   Link #62
cowteats

Though each episode is not great by itself, they complimented each other and and finally built up to an amazing ending in my opinion. Felli-kick aside, it doesn't pander to anime viewers with cuteness/moe and the like.

Take for instance, Sharnid flirting with Shena in ep23 at 07:45.
Sharnid: Have I ever lied to you?
Shena: The only thing I've heard from that mouth of yours are lies. How long must I wait to hear truth from it, Sharnid?
In how many other anime nowadays can you get a sleek dialogue like that and doesn't involve excessive blushing?

Also, not explaining the background and world-view in one shot but showing it through everyday life/dialogue is a refreshing change, though it may invoke some "wtf is going on" reactions from viewers.

Surfboard sword is dumb and big explosions at the end are cliche, but I can live with that. All in all it's an awesome show.
Old 2009-06-21, 12:58   Link #63
elite-dreams
Boku no matsuro

mahn...i liked this anime alot D: can't believe it ended.
:[ and leerin+layfon's relationship kinda made me fustrated cuz i know they love each other but still have to part there ways eventhough they were already separated for such a long time ToT.

why did grendon take back the heaven's blade from layfon?

i tried looking for the manga to see if they passed the anime but...didnt find much, i'm guessing the anime wasn't based off the manga?
Old 2009-06-21, 13:17   Link #64
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

The anime and mangas are based off the light novels, which of 13 volumes are published until now.

They got the HB back as he's still not re-instated. Saya gave it to him without queen's approval.
Old 2009-06-21, 13:22   Link #65
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Sooo...no word on a second season?

And I got a few questions...if someone could answer them lol.

WTF happend there, Saya entrusted Layfon with what exactly? Protecting the Regios world from Ignasis? And why the hell would he give back HIS Katana! I mean his "father" gave him that Katana and he just gives it back!

Man...I wasn't a fan of the ending. Hopefully we get a second season...I wanted a little more action with Layfon and his HB/Katana.
Old 2009-06-21, 13:32   Link #66
elite-dreams
Boku no matsuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
WTF happend there, Saya entrusted Layfon with what exactly? Protecting the Regios world from Ignasis? And why the hell would he give back HIS Katana! I mean his "father" gave him that Katana and he just gives it back!
meh that wasnt layfon's father, it was leerin's :/
and remember he combined the katana with the hb, well yea, it become one sword now, and since as my question was answered before, he had to return the hb since he was granted complete persmission from the queen that he was allowed to keep it.

yea D: i want 2nd season too, or at least the manga that'll tell an afterstory >.>
Old 2009-06-21, 13:44   Link #67
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Now that's the way to rush and ruin a storyline in the last episodes.Even if it'll have a continuation it would be a great mess.Somehow it resembles Claymore that way.
Anyway at least Savaris was awesome(And he's got trapped in the Zero Domain...it means he's coming back even as even stronger) and loled hard at the Laysurf scene...and I have the chance to see another shin kick(reven if it's annoying with Anime's altered characters it's at least a bit possitive).
Now everything that remained is Missing Mail and Blewin's translations...
Old 2009-06-21, 13:49   Link #68
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Now that's the way to rush and ruin a storyline in the last episodes.Even if it'll have a continuation it would be a great mess.Somehow it resembles Claymore that way.
Anyway at least Savaris was awesome and loled hard at the Laysurf scene...and I have the chance to see another shin kick(reven if it's annoying with Anime's altered characters it's at least a bit possitive).
Now everything that remained is Missing Mail and Blewin's translations...
Blewin is a God.

And did anyone else get a "team rocket" feeling when Savaris was blasted away? Such a weak finish...even Haia had a better end.

Man I am freaking out. I'm sick of shows ending like this. I'm going to go drink myself into a stupor to forget I ever watched this ending and I'll make up my own...At least I g ot Reqiuem for a Phantom which never seems to let me down on how epic reiji has become.

Last edited by Tyrone Biggums; 2009-06-21 at 14:15.
Old 2009-06-21, 14:16   Link #69
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-dreams View Post
meh that wasnt layfon's father, it was leerin's :/
and remember he combined the katana with the hb, well yea, it become one sword now, and since as my question was answered before, he had to return the hb since he was granted complete persmission from the queen that he was allowed to keep it.

yea D: i want 2nd season too, or at least the manga that'll tell an afterstory >.>
nah Delk is noones father.... mostly he was at charge of the orphanage at the time Leerin and Layfon were in it.... so both of them saw him as their father (since he was takeing care of them)... even he said in that leerin scene... katana from father.... so to put it simply he is not Leerin's biological father but a father posture like adoption or something like that....

sad that Layfon had to give the HB sword-katana back....since he can only use it while being a part of grendan yet layfon choiced to stay in zerenii for the time beign... but queen or rather saya choiced Layfon as the 12HB wielder so this spot will be his forever and it will be waiting for him to return..... but well he knows that Leerin,Delk,Queen,Grendan city forgiven him and that he is welcomed in grendan anytime so now he can fight with an ease (maybe with that black katana that he was supposed to use in a match...)

kinda sad that he has to give back something that he just get it >_> (he like savaris [goat] had not much time to play with it...)

maybe layfon will go back to grendan in few years after he graduates... or somthing will happen again and his strenght is needed

I guess next season could focus on the ignasis-regios fight....but I doubt it will happen in this year.... goes we will have to wait and see (kinda sad that someone from the stuff members that was working on regios episode died... kinda like he died along with ending of the anime)... but the authors made it nice to give a dedication to that person at the end....
Old 2009-06-21, 14:40   Link #70
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

I expected this but it was still painful. Ah well atleast its over.
Old 2009-06-21, 14:57   Link #71
seiji_kun

Man this final episode was such a waste of potential. Savaris - Layfon was so dissapointing. I know asking it to be of a quality of Cloud vs Sephiroth in FF AC is asking to much (budget / time) but it should've at least be a lot cooler then Layfon's second fight with Heia since we finally had an opponent that was a match for him. Playing Silver Surfer, while I could bash it so hard I won't since I thougth it looked cool even if it isn't all that unique.

Well guess I could hope for a second season since even if the last episodes left me dissapointed this series was bye far one of the better series this season. But open endings are hardly a guarantee at a second series thus I'm not going to waste my hope bye hoping all to much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
- Saya may manually give the goat back to Nina, saying something like "you're chosen like Layfon".
Sorry to dissapoint you obvious Nina fan but Nina is far from chosen. Bye your logic the goat should go to Dinn rather then Nina. But heck since they weren't even capable of wielding its powers I hardly find them chosen.

Quote:
I'd call that 'wishful thinking' instead of conclusion. Felli is clearly off the hook and she still can't accept the fact, result was the kick.
Well guess Nina fans will view it like that while I think it's fairly obvious a normal reaction of a girl catching her crush with an other girl.

The fact that she's the one standing with him at the end is symbolic enough for me to think that she's his chosen one. They could've put him next to Nina's bed while recovering or sending even Leerin off but they chose for the talk with Fellin. I know people will say it isn't conclusive enough but for these action oriented series that's almost as good as it gets for a pairing.
Old 2009-06-21, 15:09   Link #72
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Quote:
Sorry to dissapoint you obvious Nina fan but Nina is far from chosen. Bye your logic the goat should go to Dinn rather then Nina. But heck since they weren't even capable of wielding its powers I hardly find them chosen.
Actually, Ultramarinus was simply trying to find a way to keep the show in line with novels where Nina still has the goat as of "today". In other word, the show diverged greatly from the novels in the last 3 episodes to the point where a second season would be complicated to do without heavy patching or making stuff up.
Old 2009-06-21, 15:24   Link #73
Chase

Im going to miss this anime. It was a some what decent yet rushed ending. 9/10 for the episode.

Overall:8.5
Battlefield 4
Old 2009-06-21, 15:27   Link #74
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Actually, Ultramarinus was simply trying to find a way to keep the show in line with novels where Nina still has the goat as of "today". In other word, the show diverged greatly from the novels in the last 3 episodes to the point where a second season would be complicated to do without heavy patching or making stuff up.
Since I'm one of those unfortunate people who can't speak Japanese though taking Japanese lessons is one of the things on my list to do, I wouldn't know since I stayed away from novel spoilers as much as possible.

But adding a sentence like "you're chosen like Layfon" sounds more like a Nina fan who's trying to add to the Nina-Layfon relationship then someone who really cares about having the plot intact. Just my 2 cents. I mean there is multiple ways to have the goat return without Saya having to say she's also one of her chosen one. Like having the goat just magicly reappear in front of her like it did the first time.

Last edited by seiji_kun; 2009-06-21 at 15:39.
Old 2009-06-21, 15:57   Link #75
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
But adding a sentence like "you're chosen like Layfon" sounds more like a Nina fan who's trying to add to the Nina-Layfon relationship then someone who really cares about having the plot intact. Just my 2 cents. I mean there is multiple ways to have the goat return without Saya having to say she's a chosen one. Like having the goat just magicly reappear in front of her like it did the first time.
You're assuming too much with literally zero knowledge about the person and the topic. As azarhal said, I was proposing possible ways to connect threads back to the way they're in the novels. Not following spoilers is alright but please don't judge people like that if you don't know what's they're telling about.

Saya has the goat now, she won't just release it into the wasteland. Even if she just leaves the goat in front of Nina, that means she chose her. You basically say the same thing while avoiding gratification.
Quote:
Well guess Nina fans will view it like that while I think it's fairly obvious a normal reaction of a girl catching her crush with an other girl.
An immature teenager reaction, true. Maybe she'll finally grow up in the next season.
Quote:
The fact that she's the one standing with him at the end is symbolic enough for me to think that she's his chosen one. They could've put him next to Nina's bed while recovering or sending even Leerin off but they chose for the talk with Fellin. I know people will say it isn't conclusive enough but for these action oriented series that's almost as good as it gets for a pairing.
Then you obviously haven't watched her advances being shot down by Layfon and the fact that she never had an intimate moment like Nina and Leerin did. If you watch the very end scenes during credits, you also see Felli alone by herself with her petals while Nina and Layfon were having meal together, alone. If we apply your logic, it's Nina who's chosen by him. But I don't propose that, since Leerin obviously has the upper hand (final letter from Layfon) and Nina's not really after Layfon. I don't care about who Layfon ends up with anyway.

I shall leave you alone with your wishful thinking, you obvious Felli fan.
Old 2009-06-21, 16:17   Link #76
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not sure about the whole surfing on the HB scene. Did like the fusing of the two together though. Fight was pretty much over after Layfon got his HB, guess even with the goat Savaris was no match for him...

I don't think anyone shipping for whomever should be that upset. As far as I can see all ships are still out to sea and not a certain ship came into the dock. Oh that sounded quite indecent..
Old 2009-06-21, 16:36   Link #77
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:

The fact that she's the one standing with him at the end is symbolic enough for me to think that she's his chosen one.

l love fellis fans....they are just like fellis delusional, in denial...desperately grasping at straws

Oh snap Layfon is seen in the rolling credits enjoying himself with nina while having lunch while fellis is all alone looking at the wasteland....clearly that's symbolic enough to proof layfon told fellis to get lost and that nina is his chosen one

or better yet....

That letter he sent to Leerin at the end is clearly symolic that she is his chosen girl what with the longing to meet her again. he can't wait to hugz her some moarz!!!!
everyone but fellis fans can see it's either Leerin or Nina for his heart....with Leerin of course being number 1# in his heart.

Btw
l'm happy that my favorite loli Shante got a happy ending...her reaction to his words where adorable and cute....
Old 2009-06-21, 16:36   Link #78
seiji_kun

Quote:
You're assuming too much with literally zero knowledge about the person and the topic. As azarhal said, I was proposing possible ways to connect threads back to the way they're in the novels. Not following spoilers is alright but please don't judge people like that if you don't know what's they're telling about.
I give you that, maybe I assumed to much on to little since you were trying to write off Felli on a mere kick and a Nina avatar.

Quote:
Saya has the goat now, she won't just release it into the wasteland. Even if she just leaves the goat in front of Nina, that means she chose her. You basically say the same thing while avoiding gratification.
She has? I didn't saw her collecting it in the episode? But I see no need to discuss since I don't believe in a second season at all.

And you should learn that animes aren't always exact copy cats of their novel or manga counterpart. Thus hardly even worth discussing when a series completely goes its different route like it's in this case.

Quote:
An immature teenager reaction, true. Maybe she'll finally grow up in the next season.
That is if we get a second season which I doubt. And cheap blow calling her immature. It was cute man, kawaii!!

Quote:
Then you obviously haven't watched her advances being shot down by Layfon and the fact that she never had an intimate moment like Nina and Leerin did. If you watch the very end scenes during credits, you also see Felli alone by herself with her petals while Nina and Layfon were having meal together, alone. If we apply your logic, it's Nina who's chosen by him. But I don't propose that, since Leerin obviously has the upper hand and Nina's not really after Layfon. I don't care about who Layfon ends up with anyway.
I've seen as plenty of Felli scenes as Nina if not more. Though we do know what for one a Felli or Nina scene isn't especially for the other.

Last scenes ain't when the credits are rolling. That's just some bonus scenes. And I didn't see a scene after the credits so I do think technically the last scene was Felli and Layfon's little talk.

Quote:
I shall leave you alone with your wishful thinking, you obvious Felli fan.
Felli fan? Well a bit but also Leerin and Mei if you do want to know. But doesn't your Nina avatar speaks against you saying that you're no Nina fan.

But I'll leave you alone to with your wishful thinking, especially of a second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post

l love fellis fans....they are just like fellis delusional, in denial...desperately grasping at straws

Oh snap Layfon is seen in the rolling credits enjoying himself with nina while having lunch while fellis is all alone looking at the wasteland....clearly that's symbolic enough to proof layfon told fellis to get lost and that nina is his chosen one

or better yet....

That letter he sent to Leerin at the end is clearly symolic that she is his chosen girl what with the longing to meet her again. he can't wait to hugz her some moarz!!!!
everyone but fellis fans can see it's either Leerin or Nina for his heart....with Leerin of course being number 1# in his heart.
Figure out the difference between bonus scenes and a last scene. And yeah his chosen girl is a girl they didn't even bother to show at the end. But really, I don't wish to keep discussing this. If you want to have your own delusional ideas, good for you. I even said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiji_kun
They could've put him next to Nina's bed while recovering or sending even Leerin off but they chose for the talk with Fellin. I know people will say it isn't conclusive enough but for these action oriented series that's almost as good as it gets for a pairing.
Now bother replying to why they especially went with with Felli for the last scene?

Last edited by seiji_kun; 2009-06-21 at 16:49.
Old 2009-06-21, 16:45   Link #79
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

It was an okay Ending. Although should've had the fight scene longer(I had hope Layfon would atleast cut off an Arm or something other then sent the attack back.).

A shame that they took HB back, it would've been very useful for Zuellni if Layfon kept it to fight against FM.

To me they left it in an Open-Ending. Everyone went back to a normal lifestyle. There wasn't any real romance part in the ending (From my view, people are just putting it that there was romance)

Spoiler for My View on the ending:
Old 2009-06-21, 17:04   Link #80
panpo98
Disabled By Request

Well, Lafon have had his head between Felli legs then she sat on his shoulders if we are going to be picky. But I know what you mean.

Nina X Zuellni
Nina have declared her feelings for Zuellni several times and even kissed a long deep one.
Closed Thread