AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 166 75.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 4.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.45%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.73%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-29, 03:00   Link #441
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

0__0 so that's the toothbrush scene i'd been curious about??

weird episode is weird though. hoping for no more scenes like this in the future.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 04:31   Link #442
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
It's actually 11 episodes. That added to my initial worries.
They could do a repeat of Bake, and just throw in web OVAs that are 6 months late.
Old 2012-02-29, 08:27   Link #443
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Surprised that Karen has a toothbrush fetish, one session isn't enough for her.

Tsukihi arrive just in time. I wonder how things will go in the next episode?
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 09:29   Link #444
kitten320

This was wrong on so many levels... yet somehow I don't mind...
Old 2012-02-29, 10:04   Link #445
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
That's what you've been asserting. But that's simply just an assertion and hardly fact. I'm sure I'll remember this thread a few years from now. But eh perhaps it is a bit too fast to make such predictions for the future?
Indeed, human memories tend to fade with time. Unless people are able to refresh their memories by watching again the series from DVD/BD they will probably forget about it all. Then again, if taking into account the record sales of Bakemonogatari, we can at least expect a lot of Japanese people will be materially able to remember Nise. Well, there is also the fact the series will go on after Nise for years, that helps too
Quote:
Yea, I can understand that not all cliches are bad, but is that anything that hasn't been seen yet?
That's work for the discerning mind. As a good intellectual exercise, people could ask themselves what was the difference between that scene and many other scenes on the same line seen in other anime, and try to come up with some answers. Anyway, I liked that scene and for the moment I am satisfied with that, my mind is occupied by other matters
Quote:
Well, who's fault is that? If there was a problem with the adaptation, is it the viewer's?
As the Japanese say, it couldn't be helped. I just think there are people for whom learning the cause of their suffering could help easing the pain, that's all.
Quote:
Thanks for cutting out the next part of my statement which coincidentally already has what I think about that.
My bad. I think I try to put my main argument first and you try to put it last, or something like that. We are misplacing each other's focus.
Quote:
So, who said this episode wasn't received well? Does anyone deny the results of the poll? I would disagree with them too. But who are you talking about?
By now, I can't even remember them anymore It's great things have quieted down.
Quote:
I agree it's only one episode too, and not representative of the whole series. I hope you will just let them not like this one episode though and realize it'll blow over soon enough.
That is, until the next service scene
Quote:
On another unrelated note, I like Nise better but Bake may have been more consistent. (I think that may be considered even more disagreeable for both sides. )
Actually I have the same opinion. Bake had tighter plots, but Nise is more creative
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 13:32   Link #446
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Hmmm. Will I remember this scene in five years? I think so. It is more erotic (and more artistic, inventive, and comic) than just some simple "fanservice" scene. I certainly remember a couple of the erotic scenes in the 2010 incest anime, Yosuga no Sora. By the way, I think that may be a source for the stretched toes image in this scene. Of course, if things keep on moving as they are, this may seem like weaksauce by the time five years have passed.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 13:51   Link #447
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Hmmm. Will I remember this scene in five years? I think so. It is more erotic (and more artistic, inventive, and comic) than just some simple "fanservice" scene. I certainly remember a couple of the erotic scenes in the 2010 incest anime, Yosuga no Sora. By the way, I think that may be a source for the stretched toes image in this scene. Of course, if things keep on moving as they are, this may seem like weaksauce by the time five years have passed.
this scene will go down in Anime Lore along side Shinji's visit to Asuka Hospital Room.
Old 2012-02-29, 14:31   Link #448
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
At the rate things have been going down in the last few years, I'm very afraid to even consider how ecchi will evolve in the next five. It used to be fun watching some of these ecchi shows as early as four years back. Now a days.... oh dear heavens. The subtlety and the timing to deliver echhi scenes are increasingly becoming a lost phenomenon, so I was overjoyed by how this episode executed everything spot-on to deliver the outrageous.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 15:56   Link #449
Diveman

uhmm I just watched Ep 8....

just...wow

I seriously thought I was watching the 1st Ep of a hentai series...which i dont mind, good stuff Japan, once again you surpased my expectatives.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 16:21   Link #450
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Indeed, human memories tend to fade with time. Unless people are able to refresh their memories by watching again the series from DVD/BD they will probably forget about it all. Then again, if taking into account the record sales of Bakemonogatari, we can at least expect a lot of Japanese people will be materially able to remember Nise. Well, there is also the fact the series will go on after Nise for years, that helps too
Well, the anime enthusiast will remember this series for its record breaking sales. Whether it'll be more than that footnote is up to debate.

Quote:
That's work for the discerning mind. As a good intellectual exercise, people could ask themselves what was the difference between that scene and many other scenes on the same line seen in other anime, and try to come up with some answers. Anyway, I liked that scene and for the moment I am satisfied with that, my mind is occupied by other matters
That works for me.
Quote:
As the Japanese say, it couldn't be helped. I just think there are people for whom learning the cause of their suffering could help easing the pain, that's all.
My bad. I think I try to put my main argument first and you try to put it last, or something like that. We are misplacing each other's focus.
By now, I can't even remember them anymore It's great things have quieted down.
I sorta agree, but as an off topic, I HATE THAT QUOTE. But yea, this thread has seriously become TL;DR and can't really fault anyone for not wanting to dig through it.
Quote:
That is, until the next service scene
Depends. I don't think too many people cried foul over Shinobu's bath scene, for example. Then again I barely considered it "service". But perhaps good service is one you don't even notice.
Quote:
Actually I have the same opinion. Bake had tighter plots, but Nise is more creative
I sincerely do like the service in this series better. Just not this time and episode 2. Part of it seems to have to do with the better budget and the fact Nise was more merciful in attacking your eyes with seizure inducing flashes. Although I never rated a Bake episode extremely low like I did with Nise, I also never rated an episode that highly either. Of course, I'm sort of a peripheral fan of this series (I simply understand this series wasn't meant for me but I enjoy other things about it-- I'm not the type that's in a perpetual rage and goes into series I don't like so far in just to randomly hate on it to waste your time. *cough*), and I understand I often like Nise better for the same reasons a lot of my friends that are fans like Bake better.

Edit: So you'll never hear me saying this series has sold out or w/e. Chances are it's just selling out to me.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 17:15   Link #451
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Ok watched this only today (damn Work)

I Have only to say one thing

That's my face after ep.8^^

Spoiler:

Btw I love this episode a lot^^

Then 10/10
Old 2012-02-29, 21:07   Link #452
Dr. Casey

I've never watched Bakemonogatari or Nisemonogatari but now I kinda want to just to see what all the fuss is about this episode, lol
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 21:15   Link #453
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I've never watched Bakemonogatari or Nisemonogatari but now I kinda want to just to see what all the fuss is about this episode, lol
Don't do it! You'll be branded a pervert for life, and pick up all manner of socially unacceptable fetishes. Soon, you'd be living in an abandoned cram school, eating nothing but donuts, yet have surprisingly clean teeth.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 21:20   Link #454
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Don't do it! You'll be branded a pervert for life, and pick up all manner of socially unacceptable fetishes. Soon, you'd be living in an abandoned cram school, eating nothing but donuts, yet have surprisingly clean teeth.
D:

... eating nothing but donuts sounds pretty nice. brb, watching Bakemonogatari.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 01:36   Link #455
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Toothbrush redifined...

This is a useful tool, commonly found in the range of 6 inches long, the functioning of which is enjoyed by members of both sexes. It is usually found hung, dangling loosely, ready for instant action. It boasts of a clump of little hairy things at one end
and a small hole at the other. In use, it is quickly inserted, almost always willingly, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly, into a warm, fleshy, moist opening where it is thrust in and drawn out again and again many times in succession, often quickly and accompanied by squirming bodily movements. Anyone found listening in will most surely recognize the rhythmic, pulsing sound resulting from the well-lubricated movements. When finally withdrawn, it leaves behind a juicy, frothy, sticky white substance, some of which will need cleaning from the outer surfaces of the opening and some from its long glistening shaft. After everything is done and the flowing and cleansing liquids have ceased emanating, it is returned to its freely hanging state of rest, ready for yet another bit of action, hopefully reaching its bristling climax twice or three times a day, but often much less. What is it?
I'm totally agree with this definition. Very descriptive and straight to the point!

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 02:08   Link #456
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I think this episode displays why I don't hold the bakemonogatari series in high regard... all this development/hints for Karen, to what end? Within the next episode or two it will be 'forgotten' by the characters, like say Nadeko's twister. So this episode establishes that Koyomi might have incestuous feelings for his sister, but so what? Will anything come of it? Next to nil chance of happening, really, if previous 'hints' for other heroines are of any indication.

But I guess that's just how the series rolls, since it establishes the official couple relatively early in the story. Don't get me wrong, the episode was executed pretty darn well, and it oozes with originality, but I fail to see how it affect the overall plot (at least romance wise). Other girls are just 'flavour of the arc' distractions, before it all comes back to Hitagi. Meh...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 02:11   Link #457
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I think another conversation helped me figured out why I don't like this as much as other Monogatari fanservice, so I'll cross post it here:

"My main issue with the scene is Koyomi's lines - somehow they gave too much of an "air of reality" to him being attracted to his sister, which makes it seem more creepy than tongue in cheek. 99% of the fun of Monogatari fanservice comes from the tongue in cheek embellishment (which is half the fun of the rest of the show too) of the scenario/sexual tension, which I find amusing in a surrealist/absurdist way. Giving the scene too much of an air of reality undermines all that, which is why I consider this one of the worst Monogatari fanservice scenes I've seen.

The "air of reality" given to Koyomi's attraction also has the side effect of coming across as really, really weird given the lack of much reason for him to be attracted to his sister."

Quote:
Hmmm... personally I find this scene memorable in a "Touka Gettan episode 3" way - I remember TG episode 3, but it's not something I think about a lot. Course, this is from a much bigger, better known show.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 02:20   Link #458
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
It's nice to see Koyomi's sister decided to join the Harem... at a jaw dropping way..

"Ah, I'm such a lucky, lucky guy..."
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 03:25   Link #459
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
this scene will go down in Anime Lore along side Shinji's visit to Asuka Hospital Room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
At the rate things have been going down in the last few years, I'm very afraid to even consider how ecchi will evolve in the next five.
I think Xellos just gave an example that things are not all that different now and then. Ecchi done so creatively is a very good thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
uhmm I just watched Ep 8....

just...wow

I seriously thought I was watching the 1st Ep of a hentai series...which i dont mind, good stuff Japan, once again you surpased my expectatives.
I wish the majority of animated hentai were remotely close to Nise-
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 05:42   Link #460
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I wish the majority of animated hentai were remotely close to Nise-
That might be good but hentai focus on sex...and adding a load of dialogues (that requires thinking) may spoil the mood.

But I like the suggestion coz there were a lot of hentai in the past that has sense, for me( e.g Urotsukidoji )
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote