AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 05
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 35 22.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 41 26.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 29 18.95%
7 out of 10 : Good... 30 19.61%
6 out of 10 : Average... 8 5.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 2 1.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 4 2.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.65%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 2 1.31%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-04, 17:00   Link #61
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
True, that way he won't have to worry about people coming after him and his friends getting hurt.
Ture. True. Its also a good way to assess enemies with taking much attention too.

Even in actual online games. There are many instances that high level players goes to the low levels wearing cheap clothes to help newbies .( I've myself been visiting low levels myself wearing level 40 costumes though my level was already 108)
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:01   Link #62
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
Just watched the discussion between Kirito and the PK group at the tail end of the last ep... Kirito says that he is lvl78... but no one seems to talk about what level the current clearing group is on.

I didn't watch the full episode, there's probably a time stamp in there somewhere (35th Floor: Miche is where it starts), but since Kirito's gear is mostly unchanged I'd assume not much time has passed?
Hrm, you're right. They faced off on Floor 47. All the bandit leader says is someone like Kirito wouldn't be found "down here", implying the lead group is further ahead.

The timestamp is Feb. 23. This episode is March 6th. So, I guess the lead group really is still only the 50s.

Now I'm curious how levels tie to floors. As in what level ranges floors are designed for, and whether people are drastically over-leveled or not. Which brings us around to the question I asked in the last episode thread:

Is there a level cap?

Ok, confusion cleared.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:02   Link #63
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

holy crap, this was the virtual definition of locked room mystery, and the bgm did actually a excellent job at keeping the atmosphere, also this anime make a good job at making me forget this is a game and not a fantasy one.
Old 2012-08-04, 17:05   Link #64
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Now I'm curious how levels tie to floors. As in what level ranges floors are designed for, and whether people are drastically over-leveled or not. Which brings us around to the question I asked in the last episode thread:

Is there a level cap?
We've seen folks at least ten levels higher than the floor they're clearing... IE - The black cats from a few episodes ago seemed to be roughly ten levels higher than the floor they were on. They got wiped out pretty much instantly in a trap when they jumped to a much higher level floor while their leader was out buying a guild house.

Kirito is probably at least 20 levels higher than the current floor, since he's solo'ing and would need the buffer to live.

If Kirito was lvl78 in the last episode (two weeks ago in-show time), and the boss clearing strategy occurred shortly after on floor 56, he's slightly over 20 levels higher than the current floor.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:06   Link #65
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Too much attention attracts both fans and foe. Kirito is wise for not making himself too familiar to anyone....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
True, that way he won't have to worry about people coming after him and his friends getting hurt.
Indeed. Humans are the most dangerous creatures in the game. *sigh*

I like this anime, but the fact that so much time has passed between the episodes makes it very jarring to watch.
Old 2012-08-04, 17:08   Link #66
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Oh

Haha, and it appears Asuna is better known than Kirito on the upper levels. Perhaps because she's always sticking up there and Kirito is in the lower levels at times. That would make sense, keeping one commander on the top levels just in case.
i attribute that more as Asuna is a REAL cute girl playing in MMOG. With the way Kayaba set it up, you know she really is a cute girl not a guy pretending to be a cute girl.
Old 2012-08-04, 17:09   Link #67
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
woah how did those two die if town was safe from PK = =;;
Old 2012-08-04, 17:10   Link #68
Bombo
TSF Fans

Asuna : I will need you to help me , there won't be any time for napping .
Kirito : you're the one who was napping .

ROFL
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:11   Link #69
konart

Quote:
Haha, and it appears Asuna is better known than Kirito on the upper levels. Perhaps because she's always sticking up there and Kirito is in the lower levels at times. That would make sense, keeping one commander on the top levels just in case.:
He is a solo player. Most people that knew him are either dead or fighting somewhere.
Old 2012-08-04, 17:15   Link #70
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Asuna : I will need you to help me , there won't be any time for napping .
Kirito : you're the one who was napping .

ROFL
I'll add some..

Asuna: No I'm not!!!! *blushing
Kirito: Actually you're cuter when asleep!!!!
Asuna : *looks away... Idiot
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:15   Link #71
Deltaray

To those who are wondering why Asuna is popular, it's pretty easy to figure really, she is beautiful, she is girl, girl MMO players, well they are kinda rare, and lastly, she is sub-leader of leading guild, those are partically pretty important reason, when comparing to Kirito now, who is solo player is mostly know by rumors only.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:17   Link #72
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Haha, and it appears Asuna is better known than Kirito on the upper levels. Perhaps because she's always sticking up there and Kirito is in the lower levels at times. That would make sense, keeping one commander on the top levels just in case.
Of course she's more famous. She's a girl. Despite the fact that Kirito somehow manages to meet more girls than men, it's still supposed to be a game where women are the minority.

Well, that and she's also the (sub) commander of a famous guild, and seems to be the raid leader for most of the boss fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
So....this is Asuna's first time ever playing an MMO, and she goes on to become the second-in-command of one of the strongest front-line guilds? Call me skeptical, but that sounds VERY unlikely in most cases. Then again several years have passed in these episodes, so if her position was only recently granted it's a bit more believable.
She was already fighting on the front lines back in episode 2. On the first floor. So since the very beginning she's been in the top 1% of players. Your complaint is way too late. Based on her characterization so far, it seems to mostly be because she's much more motivated to escape than everyone else. Because she's not a gamer, she just wants to get out of here as soon as possible.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:18   Link #73
akim36

Send a message via AIM to akim36 Send a message via Yahoo to akim36
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsuro no hako View Post
those were nice moments, but this was the best part of the episode:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
DAT DROOLl!!!
akim36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:20   Link #74
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I'll add some..

Asuna: No I'm not!!!! *blushing
Kirito: Actually you're cuter when asleep!!!!
Asuna : *looks away... Idiot
I want them to animation this .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:22   Link #75
flack

Wow that surprised me at the end, I thought she was going to commit suicide. So I guess that it was wrong to assume that the only way to kill ppls in the towns is by pking thm.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:23   Link #76
styr

Aside from the beater shenanigans in ep 2, Kirito keeps a tight ship when it comes to keeping his head down and not attracting attention. Those PK'rs in the last episode knew about the Black Swordsmen but those random players in the restaurant seemingly didn't.

Asuna on the other hand, has multiple nicknames, and Kirito teases her about that when she asked him to call her something other than "you." Plus like others have said, she is basically an idol within the SAO world for her skill and beauty.

Looking forward to next few episodes, that's for sure.. This wait sucks after every Saturday evening!
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:26   Link #77
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Well, I was thinking more of the lines of her being a commander, but yes, her being a girl also works

Everyone should know their commander(s).
Old 2012-08-04, 17:29   Link #78
dmaxzero

happy with the episode... not fast paced and well told. Even if I know whats going on, I am very kept on the edge of my chair. Its nice to see this animated... though some stuff missing, but no big deal.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:32   Link #79
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Well, I was thinking more of the lines of her being a commander, but yes, her being a girl also works

Everyone should know their commander(s).
She's only the (sub)leader of her own guild. It's the most famous guild, but it's still just a guild. She doesn't have authority over anyone but her own guild. Well, she also seems to be acting as raid leader.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:37   Link #80
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
She's only the (sub)leader of her own guild. It's the most famous guild, but it's still just a guild. She doesn't have authority over anyone but her own guild. Well, she also seems to be acting as raid leader.
There we go then. Her and Kirito appear to be the leaders when it comes to clearing out the next levels. How long this has been going on for I have no idea, but it's only natural to know who you're going to be taking orders from. I'm not saying this is the only reason to know who she is, but it is a strong reason to why people know her. It's not as if Asuna would happily admit to who she is to every guy that asks her.