AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-18, 02:06   Link #21
Shiuch

Well.. I watched two episodes of that. It wasn't so good at the start. :/ And my friends have said too that isn't as good as Shakugan no Shana or Utawarerumono.

I could recommend to you Scrapped Princess too. Don't let the name confuse you. :P
Old 2007-01-18, 05:42   Link #22
xfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckinator View Post
12 Kingdoms IS good.

yeah,only ones who dun like it are prob kids as its more of a serious anime without much humour or flashy actions. It has a slow start but gets better after ep 5 and by 10 most likely u are hooked
Old 2007-01-18, 08:37   Link #23
Duckinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfool View Post
yeah,only ones who dun like it are prob kids as its more of a serious anime without much humour or flashy actions. It has a slow start but gets better after ep 5 and by 10 most likely u are hooked
I myself am not too much of a fan of serious Animes, as I tend to get bored easily. I also prefer that the Anime to have romance in it. 12 Kingdoms is serious, and does not have romance. Drawings ain't nice too, but it is STILL good. Liked it alot =] Watched it thrice haha (TV showed it...twice..)
Old 2007-01-18, 16:19   Link #24
Lavabyle
A Ninny Moose

Yeah i've been thinking about scrapped princess, it being BONES and all. Right now i'm dling juuni kokuki, so i'll tell ya all how it is. As ofr more comdeic anime, anything out there like School Rumble or Azumanga Daioh?
Old 2007-01-18, 16:52   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You *might* like Ichigo Masimaru (Strawberry Marshmallow) if you liked AzuDa. School life slice-of-life comedy at the elementary school level. Its licensed and available (dvdpacific.com)

Otherwise, later this spring KyoAni is going to produce Lucky Star (which looks to be something like a mix of AzuDa and Paniponi Dash). So watch for that.

Random comedic anime: MagiPokaan, many folk are liking Sumomomo (though I ended up dropping it), oddball humor in Yamato Nadesico Shichi Henge (4 guys try to "My Fair Lady" a dark-humored little goth girl to win a bet).
Old 2007-01-19, 08:43   Link #26
Frans

Ouran High School and GTO
And you might like Momoiro Sisters.
Old 2007-01-19, 11:06   Link #27
iindigo

If you're looking for comedic anime, definitely check out "Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!". It's really funny and easy to get into, even if you haven't seen the original FMP (which you should watch as well, great stuff).
Old 2007-01-20, 03:12   Link #28
GriS

Great Teacher Onizuka is all time best comedic + school anime

For others, I have watched and enjoyed...
Ouran High School Host Club
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Midori no Hibi

As for juuni kokuki (12 kingdom), it's definitely must watch but is more of serious type and as far as i remember it don't have these kind of cute deformed face
Old 2007-01-20, 11:30   Link #29
TsubasaSeraphina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavabyle View Post
Yeah i've been thinking about scrapped princess, it being BONES and all. Right now i'm dling juuni kokuki, so i'll tell ya all how it is. As ofr more comdeic anime, anything out there like School Rumble or Azumanga Daioh?
I highly reccommend Scrapped Princess, alot of people judge it ratheer harshly, but I thought it was overall a good anime. It has everything a good anime ought t have, and more. It had plot, humour, action, romance, bishies... and it's done by Bones, what better reason do you need to watch something? =D
Old 2007-01-20, 13:07   Link #30
ThoHell

If you haven't checked out Solty Rei yet, I suggest you do! It's pretty good.
Old 2007-01-20, 15:36   Link #31
Shiuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfool View Post
Well, it isn't always "the kids".. Someone's just (like me) don't like to watch anime witch don't have any romance. Althought I haven't watched many episodes of that but still, don't blame always the kids.
Old 2007-01-21, 19:41   Link #32
Lavabyle
A Ninny Moose

I'm already on episode 28 of Twelve Kingdoms and all i can say about it is......
Spoiler:
It's amazing.
In the beginning its kind of slow, and i coudln't get past the ugly character desgined faces, but when they change the faces they look better, and by ep 10 you can't stop watching ^.^ What i rly hate though are useless characters, i just want someone to slap em in the face sometimes. In the beginning of 12k there were so many "nande? Doshte? taskette! and "sona!s" Man, someone has to slap those useless characters. Anyways, it does get better, definitely a good watch so far.

Anyone seen Saikano? My friend is dl it and is gonna give it to me. Any good?
Old 2007-01-21, 19:50   Link #33
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

It is decent, but the cahracter design is simply terrible to say the least. Instead of Saikano watch Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu - the situation is almost identical to that of Saikano... but i prefer this one to Saikano by a landslide.
Old 2007-01-23, 19:46   Link #34
Lavabyle
A Ninny Moose

Well anyway, i just started Last EXILE, and judging by ep 1, its gonna be un-friggin believable. However, i've heard from various sources that it goes utterly downhill at the end, but my god ep 1 was so good, if it gets bad i couldn't stand to watch it. Anyone seen this?
Old 2007-01-23, 20:10   Link #35
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavabyle View Post
Well anyway, i just started Last EXILE, and judging by ep 1, its gonna be un-friggin believable. However, i've heard from various sources that it goes utterly downhill at the end, but my god ep 1 was so good, if it gets bad i couldn't stand to watch it. Anyone seen this?
It stays pretty good all the way through imo... I mean, the end isn't all that great but it doesn't get really bad or anything. It wasn't my favorite anime (and I certainly wasn't all that excited about the first episode) but it was definitely worth watching.
Old 2007-01-23, 21:03   Link #36
Lavabyle
A Ninny Moose

^ Sounds good enough for me to keep watching ^_^
Closed Thread