AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 36 36.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 27.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 22.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-03, 22:55   Link #41
HandofFate

this episode was pretty loaded. Felt like an hour long episode to me.
Mikoto is great as usual. The sport event was pretty fun to watch.

I liked the random girl that shot the purple laser @ Touma and her surprised face.

Touma was kind of annoying when blonde guy was acting 'coldly' towards Stiyl when he was getting hit by the counter magic. Stiyl took the injuries willingly, and your there to help stop it...
Old 2010-12-03, 22:59   Link #42
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Okay. It was an enjoyable episode. Misaka was a lot of fun too but...
  1. How many times does Touma need to be told to use his Imagine Breaker?
  2. Of ALL the alleys, Touma happens to use the same one Oriana did?
  3. How long will it take him to realize these are life and death situations?
  4. Out of ALL the things at that school, it were those basket poles?
  5. Why didn't Touma just tell Misaka the pole was dangerous because of a spell and to back away?
  6. Why hasn't Index put her panties back on yet!?
  7. Why did Touma push the girl out of the way but stand there himself, instead of moving away?
But yeah... still enjoyable.
  1. Because he doesn't know what can he cancel and what he can't?
  2. No idea I guess, or wasn't he stalking her?
  3. Because he doesn't know what is the motive of Oriana's transaction?
  4. Decoys? But that was a pretty stupid place to try to delay, unless she's trying to trick them into thinking she went there. But pretty much a waste of paper on Oriana's part :P
  5. He doesn't know how to explain magic to her (remember this is AC and Mikoto's no magician to know that), and he doesn't even understand himself how would one being struck by that spell be like
  6. No idea... ask the person in question yourself
  7. No idea, but I guess he really wanted to stop the basket poles from falling but weren't sure if he can.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 23:02   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
  1. Out of ALL the things at that school, it were those basket poles?
  2. Why didn't Touma just tell Misaka the pole was dangerous because of a spell and to back away?
D

Most of them can be charted down as just 'it's a show' but for these two i can answer.

The reasoning they've concluded was that it’s likely that Oriana won’t get close to the school because of the strict security guards at the back door. Trying to break through it while running away is a waste of effort… The basket poles where only recently brought in from the outside borrowed from some other place. It probably wasn't Oriana's intention to place the spell in the school, but she didn't know that it would be used in a competition.
And it wouldn't be on the balls because those were only brought in when they had arrived.

As for Misaka... Going through the whole explaination about magic and stuff would arguably take a longer time... Plus they're not suppose to talk about it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 00:36   Link #44
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

For the basket poles, refer to this scene:
Old 2010-12-04, 02:20   Link #45
Johnny
Working the bags...

Funniest part of the episode was Touma's astonishment that Oriana found out he was following her. Hell, he might as well have been giving her a piggyback. He needs to brush on them detective skills better and less on those flowery soap box speeches...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 02:52   Link #46
Minagi Mikoto

Perfect 10/10. Nothing much to say but still perfect. I can't wait for the next episode.

I wished they had explained more about shorthand and such.
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 03:21   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
I wished they had explained more about shorthand and such.
Shorthand is kinda tricky to explain...The novel actually went into a great deal to explain it... this is one of the part that they cut out.

Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2010-12-04, 04:01   Link #48
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
She figured it out for sure, yeah. But what she doesn't figure is why and how does Touma's ability stop her powers from working on him. She might have gotten a little bit of a clue when she saw Touma blocked a schoolboy's attack meant for her, though to how far can he stop everything coming onto him, she still doesn't have a clue.

Probably she just wanted to see how far can Touma negate her attacks (in which we have seen she's not going to win anyway), or it's just that it's her way of "playing games" with Touma (really, who else can she freely and happily call a lightning strike on without killing anyone?)

Now that I've gotten to the subs... it seems that yeah, the animation is quite inconsistent. A few minutes in and Touma is somehow drawn with a tougher build in one frame, and the other he's in... uh, skinny build?
Mikoto knows Touma can cancel her ability she doesn't know how he does it. She keeps thinking Touma is holding back his power hence all those chases before meeting Index. Seven Level 5 in Academy City and she hasn't heard of this guy and his power.

Once in the Railgun manga Mikoto feared if Touma ever got serious her power would be sealed.

In the Railgun anime Touma's ability is treated as an urban legend. Turns out most of those urban legends are true. (Naked Woman LOL)

Despite Touma's ability Imagine Breaker it can't be detected by scientific means. Which is why Touma is treated as Level 0.

To say the least when Level 5 meet Touma they are shocked at what he can do. Its not supposed to be possible what he is doing.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 04:21   Link #49
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Still, her curiosity on Touma's power doesn't exactly give her any "rights" to keep persuading him to face her in a fight... other than that I just don't feel there was any reason at all

Old 2010-12-04, 04:40   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Still, her curiosity on Touma's power doesn't exactly give her any "rights" to keep persuading him to face her in a fight... other than that I just don't feel there was any reason at all
If you look back after the sisters arc or the Aug 31 arc, Mikoto hasn't been challenging him at all
Old 2010-12-04, 04:51   Link #51
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
is it just me? the animation for this ep looks a little bit sloppy?

did anyone else feel scared when Tsuchimikado jumped on Touma during the mud scene? fanfics will ensure

the Mikoto blushing scene was cute, i hope we can more of her side like that in the future episodes
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 05:03   Link #52
tsunade666

No, it's not just you. The animation is really crappy.
Old 2010-12-04, 05:04   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
did anyone else feel scared when Tsuchimikado jumped on Touma during the mud scene? fanfics will ensure

To me it looks like the same thing when Index jumped on to Touma
Old 2010-12-04, 05:06   Link #54
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Shorthand is kinda tricky to explain...The novel actually went into a great deal to explain it... this is one of the part that they cut out.

Spoiler for just in case:
ohh very nice i was wondering too.. since i'm not a novel reader too...
Old 2010-12-04, 05:27   Link #55
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
There are already Touma/Tsuchimikado popping out...

with this episode, I can see the fujoshi side of Toaru fans rejoicing when Tsuchimikado did that.

"KAMI-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!"

Old 2010-12-04, 06:00   Link #56
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
There are already Touma/Tsuchimikado popping out...

with this episode, I can see the fujoshi side of Toaru fans rejoicing when Tsuchimikado did that.

"KAMI-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!"
Go on. Let the fujoshi in you take your mind and imagine more ways how will Motoharu "dirty" Touma.

Anyway, it's great to see Mitsuko Kongo again. But i hope they put a Saten cameo as well.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2010-12-04 at 06:21.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 06:08   Link #57
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Go on. Let the fujoshi in you take your mind and imagine more ways will Motoharu will "dirty" Touma.

Anyway, it's great to see Mitsuko Kongo again. But i hope they put a Saten cameo as well.
Talk about fujoshi... no, I'm not one. Moreover I'm a guy, so I can't be a fujoshi.

But seeing how the idea of Tsuchimikado "dirtying" Touma itself is funny, I can't help but laugh as well.

Old 2010-12-04, 06:49   Link #58
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Touma x Mikoto scene was hair tearingly frustrating, he just stands there and talk?! Why doesn't he walk up, check it out, and talk with Mikoto all at the same time? That girl acting like the dear in front of head lights was stupid too, she and Touma could have just taken two steps to the side...
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 07:33   Link #59
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well there was a girl Touma saved that resembled Saten, but it wasnt her. As was already stated her hair was shorter, eye color diferent and she didn't have a flower clip. And again i got HQ version of it and then watched it really carefully in slow mode, but no cameo of Saten, Uiharu, Kuroko, Akemi, Muu, Mako, Erii, Banri, Miho. There was several people that resembled some of them a bit, but their clothes was diferent from those worn in railgun season, so i didnt counted them. The same goes for several previous episodes (ofc i dont count normal kuroko/uiharu scene).
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 07:42   Link #60
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

lol Mikoto saved the episode with her blushing =)). Its like a full-blown red face. She might die of heatstroke.