AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-01-19, 00:42   Link #61
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Friend no jutsu working out quite well for Naruto.

I was wondering how Madara was chaining the tailed beasts to both the hosts and the statue. But did that mean that all the power was being lent to the hosts or only some of it?
Old 2012-01-19, 01:41   Link #62
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
finally naruto is doing what his dad figured he would do all along, become a man and do something everyone said was impossible. almost tame a beast.
Old 2012-01-19, 04:43   Link #63
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I wonder, when Naruto make a punch with Kurama...if Naruto can hear their hearts and their emotions like this..
This could be why Naruto trust Kurama...

However in the last page..

Naruto: ok let's go now!!!!

Kurama that is behind him: GNAM....mmmm...you're really delicious
Old 2012-01-19, 12:59   Link #64
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
3 more year with Kabuto after that with extra month of epilouge
If it follows DBZ then we can see new enemies and recycle old ones. Kabuto might escape now and then come back as Dr.Gero did, and one of his creations might have all the genetic stuff combined like Cell was, after that we can have some magical creature like Buu, for example the Sage of 6 paths' evil brother returns. We also know that the Naruto world right now is just one continent, who knows manybe some invasion comes from another continent, as in DBZ it turns out there are interplanetary forces that come. It might turn out that the sage of 6 paths was sent there from the other continent to capture this using his ninjutsu knowledge, but instead he chose to teach his knowledge to people here, etc.....
Naruto is a big money maker, like DBZ was, there's no reason to stop making money
Some future scenes where both Naruto and Sasuke enter the chuunin exam would be quite funny
A manga filler like that would be always much better than any anime filler can ever be.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 13:03   Link #65
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If it follows DBZ then we can see new enemies and recycle old ones. Kabuto might escape now and then come back as Dr.Gero did, and one of his creations might have all the genetic stuff combined like Cell was, after that we can have some magical creature like Buu, for example the Sage of 6 paths' evil brother returns. We also know that the Naruto world right now is just one continent, who knows manybe some invasion comes from another continent, as in DBZ it turns out there are interplanetary forces that come. It might turn out that the sage of 6 paths was sent there from the other continent to capture this using his ninjutsu knowledge, but instead he chose to teach his knowledge to people here, etc.....
Naruto is a big money maker, like DBZ was, there's no reason to stop making money
exactly. I dont see it ending until most people are tired of it which won't be for another 5-10 years or possibly ever. and there's no stopping them from doing another time skip and having a whole new series again also.

speaking of old enemies returning, I've still got my fingers crossed for a super-powered orochimaru in this upcoming kabuto itachi fight
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 13:08   Link #66
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
exactly. I dont see it ending until most people are tired of it which won't be for another 5-10 years or possibly ever. and there's no stopping them from doing another time skip and having a whole new series again also.
With their children, that would also answer the neverending debates about what pairings we will have. I think Kishi will settle with the predictable Sasuke+Sakura, Temari+Shikamaru, Naruto+Hinata, Sai+Karin, etc. But maybe he will choose something more interesting, pairings like Sasuke+Karui, Naruto+Ino would be quite funny, i mean to see their interaction as adults
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 13:48   Link #67
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

The final enemies will be the Death God supported by a bleach invasion.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 13:48   Link #68
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Lol, I agree; I don't see the series ending too soon. Even with all its flaws (and there are many) I think Kishi can milk the Naruto universe for many, many years to come. Though I personally never see Sasuke coming back from the dark side, if he does, I would lmao to see him and Naruto go through the chunin exams

My only wish is that Kabuto is finally killed. The only thing I hate more than Orochimaru is Orochimaru version 2.0. :X
Old 2012-01-19, 15:03   Link #69
dablue82

this was an incredible chapter. now i think we now how naruto will be able to take on sasuke and his Susanoo. found a decent review @ http://thingsthatdontsuck.info/3714/manga-reviews and they bout up the question that Naruto could possibly be ending soon. Does anyone else think this could happen?
dablue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 18:37   Link #70
qwertyuiopz

dont really care about naruto or bee, i wanna see the kage fight!
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 04:41   Link #71
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Well unless Kishi decides to introduce a bunch of new villains out of nowhere i don't see how he could extend the manga.
Old 2012-01-20, 05:56   Link #72
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Well unless Kishi decides to introduce a bunch of new villains out of nowhere i don't see how he could extend the manga.
Sasuke conquering his own country and reviving his clan. Kishi could drag the story for another 3 or 4 years that way.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 08:22   Link #73
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondsaving View Post
For those of you complaining how quick the 9 tails is becoming friends with Naruto, you do realize this is chapter five hundred seventy right?
Yeah we do realize. What you seem to have missed however is how the author developed this plot over only 3 (if that) of those 570 chapters.
To put things into perspective, in Narutoverse-time all instances of Naruto wanting to make friend with the Kyubi are from today. Remember Naruto fighting to the death over the Kyubi's chakra and witnessing the murder of his parents? That was barely 24 hours ago.
Everybody with half a brain knew that Naruto was either going to befriend the Kyubi or be freed from it (or possibly both) for years, the problem is the complete lack of buildup to this point. Kurama since that's his name went from the incarnation of hatred and destruction to a friendly puppy in little over 5 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
I don't really hate the new bond between Naruto and Kurama, simply because there were far worse ways to go about it.
Really? To be honest what took place was pretty much my worst case scenario, how much worse could it be? I mean, except for Kurama licking Naruto's face in awe and rolling over to have his belly scratched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
at the very least they have been fighting 5 stage 2 jinchuurikis this whole time which should be impossible for them at their current power levels.
They have not, they went all out to hold up 2 of those 5 for a couple of minutes at most and didn't manage to hurt them in any way in the process. That doesn't seem far-fetched for ninja as good as Kakashi and Gai.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 09:39   Link #74
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Maybe because of the kage bunshins it took less time to convince Kyuubi. Seemed like he got a shadow clone at the same time Naruto did his. So one day for everyone else is like 2 weeks or whatever for Naruto and Kurama.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 10:06   Link #75
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Everybody with half a brain knew that Naruto was either going to befriend the Kyubi or be freed from it (or possibly both) for years, the problem is the complete lack of buildup to this point.
It's not like Naruto and the Kyuubi have never "worked together", is it? Naruto asked for his help back in part 1 and obtained it. I also remember the Kyuubi sounding pretty friendly and willing to share his power with Naruto in one of their conversations (the one that was shown in Shippuuden episode 1).

Yeah, the build up could have been better (especially considering the way Naruto took control of the Kyuubi's power back in chapters 496-499), but the development in this chapter still worked for me.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 10:17   Link #76
Akashin

Quote:
Really? To be honest what took place was pretty much my worst case scenario, how much worse could it be? I mean, except for Kurama licking Naruto's face in awe and rolling over to have his belly scratched?
Maybe I'm just desensitized by fanon ideas of them becoming best friends over night or, God forbid, Kurama becoming a teacher (or other things, depending upon the Kyuubi's gender) to Naruto. Compared to crap like that, this wasn't that bad. You do have a point though, thinking about it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
It's not like Naruto and the Kyuubi have never "worked together", is it? Naruto asked for his help back in part 1 and obtained it. I also remember the Kyuubi sounding pretty friendly and willing to share his power with Naruto in one of their conversations (the one that was shown in Shippuuden episode 1).
That wasn't cooperation out of the kindness of Kurama's heart though, and we knew that even back then. Them "working together" in that sense was not at all a sign of their relationship improving.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 10:37   Link #77
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

im finding it pretty damn corny and unreal how fast the fox is changing himself, its like a repeat of Pein (one little talk by naruto and his a good guy again)

I hope they do like they did in the anime with the Pein*conversion* with the amount of perfectly timed flashbacks that better explained how Pein changed
Old 2012-01-20, 10:52   Link #78
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Yes it is. Up to Madara's arrival the Kyubi was trying to tempt Naruto with his power in order to make him release him which would have resulted into Naruto's death. There was nothing friendly about it.
24 hours ago Naruto and the Kyubi were fighting to the death, 1 hour ago Kurama was still trying to pull out Naruto's chakra to kill him, 20 minutes ago he stopped when Edo Madara came to unlife and 1 minute ago Kurama suddenly decided they were bff.
It's that stupid.

Quote:
Yeah, the build up could have been better (especially considering the way Naruto took control of the Kyuubi's power back in chapters 496-499), but the development in this chapter still worked for me.
Better is an understatement, a bad buildup would have been something to go by at least, here with have litteraly nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Maybe I'm just desensitized by fanon ideas of them becoming best friends over night or, God forbid, Kurama becoming a teacher (or other things, depending upon the Kyuubi's gender) to Naruto. Compared to crap like that, this wasn't that bad. You do have a point though, thinking about it more.
And that didn't happen? The Kyubi just brofisted Naruto!
Now think about it just for a second : imagine your reaction if someone had told you two weeks ago that the Kyubi and Naruto were going to look at one another with matching smiles and brofist each other. I mean, I joked about belly scratching but do you really think it's outside the realm of possibility right now?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 10:58   Link #79
Akashin

Quote:
And that didn't happen? The Kyubi just brofisted Naruto!
Now think about it just for a second : imagine your reaction if someone had told you two weeks ago that the Kyubi and Naruto were going to look at one another with matching smiles and brofist each other. I mean, I joked about belly scratching but do you really think it's outside the realm of possibility right now?
Fair enough; can't really deny that.

I'll be honest, I totally forgot that their fight was only about 24 hours ago until you brought that up. And that does make it a whole lot worse, though even if that had been weeks to a month ago this still would have felt rushed.

I stand by my statement that I've seen this idea pulled off much more horribly, though. That is, until we actually get that belly scratching.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 11:10   Link #80
james0246

Quote:
Better is an understatement, a bad buildup would have been something to go by at least, here with have litteraly nothing.
And this is why I hope none of the Konoha-11 pops up (save for maybe Sakura or Hinata). You just know that any involvement on their part will result in this truly badly done character development that has next to no definition and makes little to no sense. If the series (or at least Part 2) needs to end badly, then all we can hope is that Kishimoto doesn't drag all his characters through the mud for the ending...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion