AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2012-05-10, 09:58   Link #1921
RandomAvatarFan

I have a question about translation and Rika's catchphrase: "Fight ON!"

The demo that the Sonozaki twins kept it as "Fight ON!" but in the anime, neither the dub nor the sub used it. Instead they make Rika say things like "You'll get it!" or "Leave it to me!" (even though you can hear Rika say it in the japanese script)

Why? And does MangaGamer keep it as Fight on, or do they do stupid things with it too?

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 15:03   Link #1922
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
I have a question about translation and Rika's catchphrase: "Fight ON!"

The demo that the Sonozaki twins kept it as "Fight ON!" but in the anime, neither the dub nor the sub used it. Instead they make Rika say things like "You'll get it!" or "Leave it to me!" (even though you can hear Rika say it in the japanese script)

Why? And does MangaGamer keep it as Fight on, or do they do stupid things with it too?
They translate it as "You can do it, yeah."
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 00:52   Link #1923
fsior

I just finished watching the first and second Higurashi live action movies. There plans for a 3rd?
fsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 02:20   Link #1924
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsior View Post
I just finished watching the first and second Higurashi live action movies. There plans for a 3rd?
There are currently no future plans for live-action Higurashi films. Although, if you liked the live-action films, perhaps you'll also be interested in the Higurashi opera.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:50   Link #1925
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

What did I just watch…?! (O_O)

And yeah, there are only two official films (and a few unofficial ones I won't talk about). A third one hasn't been announced.

I'd actually be more interested in seeing a live action adaptation of Umineko. If they did it right, it could look really awesome.
Old 2012-05-17, 01:09   Link #1926
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
there are only two official films (and a few unofficial ones I won't talk about)
See, you just HAD to pique my interest, didn't you? PM me if you're too skiddish to talk about it here.
Old 2012-05-17, 01:42   Link #1927
fsior

Quote:
What did I just watch…?! (O_O)

And yeah, there are only two official films (and a few unofficial ones I won't talk about).
Yeah I'm curious now too.
fsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 07:57   Link #1928
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Okay, I've watched all of Higurashi and there is something that I didn't get in Onikakushi-hen. In the final episode of Onikakushi-hen when Mion is trying to apologize to Keiichi but he doesn't accept and starts to walk away, Mion says some things along the lines of "I should of killed him when I had the chance" and "I will definitely kill him".
Was this another of one Keiichi's hallucinations or did Mion actually say those things?
I'm not too sure about this mostly because Mion didn't have the cat eyes, but Keiichi had that look he has when he hallucinates.
Can someone clear this up for me.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:04   Link #1929
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

She probably cursed Ooishi, saying something like "beating him to death" in a figurative speech, but Keiichi took it on the first degree due to the paranoia.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:08   Link #1930
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
She probably cursed Ooishi, saying something like "beating him to death" in a figurative speech, but Keiichi took it on the first degree due to the paranoia.
Aah so it was kind of a hallucination.
Thanks for that. ^-^
Old 2012-06-02, 20:51   Link #1931
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsior View Post
Yeah I'm curious now too.
might be a reference to those live action cosplay AVs, remember seeing some screens of the non-H parts

Bringing up my own topic, has anyone gotten the Siren Visual localization of Kai part 1? Need to get some money together before I order but want to know if there's anything funny about the job they did with it, for example I have no idea how an Australian translation would differ from an American one but there might be something
Old 2012-06-02, 21:43   Link #1932
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
might be a reference to those live action cosplay AVs, remember seeing some screens of the non-H parts

Bringing up my own topic, has anyone gotten the Siren Visual localization of Kai part 1? Need to get some money together before I order but want to know if there's anything funny about the job they did with it, for example I have no idea how an Australian translation would differ from an American one but there might be something
Okay, I'm an Aussie, and I have all the Siren Visual box sets oh Higurashi (except Kai part 2 cause that doesn't come out until next month)
And I'll say this, the Australian translation is just the same, it's more accurate but only a few words differ.
Old 2012-06-03, 06:39   Link #1933
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Bingo.

Anyway, I really do need to put some money together to import these Australian DVDs. It's a shame the series never made it to the UK (had to import the American version of the first series)…
Old 2012-06-03, 15:27   Link #1934
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Maddy View Post
Okay, I'm an Aussie, and I have all the Siren Visual box sets oh Higurashi (except Kai part 2 cause that doesn't come out until next month)
And I'll say this, the Australian translation is just the same, it's more accurate but only a few words differ.
So they did a good job I assume? gdammit.. blew all my money at a recent con, need to scrounge up enough for it..
Old 2012-06-04, 00:06   Link #1935
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
So they did a good job I assume? gdammit.. blew all my money at a recent con, need to scrounge up enough for it..
Yeah, it's alot more accurate.
But it costs like $50 for each part.
Old 2012-06-04, 05:47   Link #1936
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Hopefully they'll release a "full season" version eventually, with both parts combined.
Old 2012-06-04, 06:30   Link #1937
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
Hopefully they'll release a "full season" version eventually, with both parts combined.
I don't think they will.
Old 2012-06-04, 06:55   Link #1938
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

They did it with the first series, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it with the second.
Old 2012-06-04, 16:09   Link #1939
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
They did it with the first series, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it with the second.
Actually, Siren Visual released the first season in 2 parts. Part 1 consisted of episodes 1 to 13 and the second season contained episodes 14 to 26. They're doing the same to Kai, part 1 has episodes 1 to 13 and the second part will have episodes 14 to 24.
Old 2012-06-04, 16:13   Link #1940
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

However, Siren recently released a collection of all the episodes in the first series, so I was thinking they might do a similar thing for the second series eventually.