Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-10-22, 13:03   Link #10721
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Turkey's first online Islamic sex shop opens

Quote:
An online Islamic sex shop selling condoms, massage oils and perfumes has been launched in Turkey, becoming the first of its kind in the predominantly Muslim country.

The "Halal Sex Shop" website presents its products as being "entirely safe," and in compliance with Islamic norms.

Internet users who enter the site find two different links directing them to separate sections for male and female products.

Other sections of the website are designed to discuss sex in the context of Islam under various headings: "Oral sex according to Islam", "Sex manners in Islam" and "Sexual life in Islam."

The anonymous founders of the website said they believed the online shop would help correct prejudices against Islam which they claimed is perceived as "against sex."

"The religion of Islam has praised sex under certain circumstances," they wrote on the site.

"The use of every product on sale is in compliance with Islam."

Turkey does have so-called "erotic shops" in its streets, however Islamic conservative Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan suggested last year they rename themselves "love shops."
Meanwhile :

Oil kingdom Brunei to introduce sharia criminal law

Quote:
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN (Reuters) - Oil-rich Brunei will enforce sharia criminal law next year, the Islamic kingdom's sultan announced on Tuesday, with possible punishments including stoning to death for adultery and flogging for drinking alcohol.

The law would be enforced from April, said the 67-year-old sovereign, Hassanal Bolkiah, one of the world's wealthiest people, who has presided over a shift to more conservative Islam and anti-sedition laws in recent years.

Power is concentrated with the monarchy and the country does not hold elections.

"It is because of our need that Allah the Almighty, in all his generosity, has created laws for us, so that we can utilise them to obtain justice," said the sultan, who also holds the post of prime minister.

Many crimes under the new code have a high burden of proof and sharia court judges would have discretion over punishments, which could also include amputations for theft.

The tiny kingdom, which has Southeast Asia's highest per-capita income after Singapore, has been preparing to introduce the sharia penal code for years. In the past, the sultan has said that sharia criminal law should be established to work alongside the country's civil law more prominently.

Brunei, which neighbours two Malaysian states on Borneo island and has a population of just over 400,000, already enforces Islamic teachings more sternly than Malaysia and Indonesia, the other majority Muslim countries in Southeast Asia. The sale of alcohol is banned and evangelism by other religions is strictly forbidden.

The sultan added that the government's overall policies would not be affected by the legal change, in a possible nod to foreign investors.

With its oil reserves set to run out in about two decades, the government has embarked on a strategy to promote development in sectors such as tourism, halal products and manufacturing.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 06:30   Link #10722
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...amic-laws.html

Quote:
Brunei's top Islamic scholar, Mufti Awang Abdul Aziz, told the conference that it would be only applied in specific cases after judges had deemed it justified.
So it's up to the judges to decide and it's unlikely any harsher punishment will be use. It might be the usual punishment like canning, fines or jail time.
Old 2013-10-23, 07:08   Link #10723
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...amic-laws.html

So it's up to the judges to decide and it's unlikely any harsher punishment will be use. It might be the usual punishment like canning, fines or jail time.
If they are going to stick with the regular laws for most cases, then why are they implementing these new laws?
Old 2013-10-23, 07:58   Link #10724
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Make the more fundamentalist folks happy for a little while?
Old 2013-10-23, 08:48   Link #10725
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Make the more fundamentalist folks happy for a little while?
Nope. Bruneians are moderates so while they might be religious, they don't like fundamentalists. I think the Sultan wants the younger generations to be more religious like the older generation.
Old 2013-10-23, 12:22   Link #10726
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Float-tube fisherman nearly pulled underwater by giant catfish
source: http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excur...giant-catfish/
Quote:
Gerard Smyth nearly got more than he bargained for when a giant catfish he hooked while fishing from a float-tube dragged him nearly a mile down river and at one point came close to pulling him under the water.

The “scary moments” occurred during a 1 1/2-hour battle that ended with Smyth landing the massive catfish weighing a whopping 169 pounds.

fishing like a boss
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
comments: that catfish is huge....
Old 2013-10-23, 12:45   Link #10727
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

ah yes, another reminder of why i don't like swimming.
Old 2013-10-23, 12:52   Link #10728
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
ah yes, another reminder of why i don't like swimming.
Nobody asked you to swim in swamps or rivers dummy.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-10-23, 12:56   Link #10729
Seitsuki
Onee!

Swimming makes you cold, wet and miserable. Pick up running instead.
Old 2013-10-23, 13:04   Link #10730
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Swimming gets you women in swimsuits.
Old 2013-10-23, 13:05   Link #10731
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Swimming makes you cold, wet and miserable. Pick up running instead.
Obviously you haven't tried sea swimming yet.

If you have a chance try something called the Sea Circuit. I never had the chance to do so, but it looks fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Swimming gets you women in swimsuits.
Why should he bother when he can put on one himself and look in the mirror. Heck he can even selfcest.

Controversial site facilitating extra-marital affairs to open in Singapore

Quote:
Ashley Madison, a dating site that facilitates hook-ups between married couples, could be here in Singapore by next year.

The launch of the controversial site, which works like a match-making site — except it is targeted at married couples — was reported by My Paper.

The site boasts users from all over the world, from countries such as Mexico, Hong Kong, Brazil and Spain. The site is ranked among the top 2,000 sites in the US.

The Canada-based site has courted controversy since its founding in 2001 with its colourful and bold advertising campaigns. The slogan on its main page is 'Life is short. Have an affair.'

Its marketing efforts have often hit road blocks, mostly because of the nature of the site.

In 2009, Ashley Madison tried to buy $200,000 CAD worth of advertising on Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) streetcars. If it had been approved, the streetcars would have ads on them featuring the site's slogan.

The offer was shot down after five of the six TTC commissioners sitting on the advertising committee voted to reject it.

In 2010, the site made an US $25 million offer to buy the naming rights of New Meadowlands stadium in New Jersey, US. The stadium's proposed new name was AshleyMadison.com stadium. The naming rights eventually went to an insurance company, MetLife, in 2011.

Despite the bad publicity — or lack of — the site is still expanding. It launched in Japan in July and in Hong Kong in August. It is now continuing its push in Asia, targeting Singapore as its next market. It was very well received in Japan, with 70,000 members signing up within four days of the site's launch.

In an interview with My Paper, Mr Brian Liu, a member of Singapore’s National Family Council, said that the site had the potential to ruin "the foundations of a family".
Can you guys over at the Americas leave us alone. First you export your megachurches, politics, and now those moose-eaters want to export their cheating culture?

What is next? Exporting the Bermuda Triangle?

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-10-23 at 13:15.
Old 2013-10-23, 13:19   Link #10732
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I am pretty sure it is not the same. It might be enjoyable, but not the same. Though I come from California. The ocean current here is really cold, but the women tend to have Hollywood inspired bodies.
Old 2013-10-23, 13:25   Link #10733
Seitsuki
Onee!

I just know we were forced to learn swimming in our horrid outdoor pool (apparently we have a ridiculous drowning rate) and it's traumatised me from water for life. That icy shock when you first get in is too much.
Old 2013-10-23, 13:28   Link #10734
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I just know we were forced to learn swimming in our horrid outdoor pool (apparently we have a ridiculous drowning rate) and it's traumatised me from water for life. That icy shock when you first get in is too much.
Actual drowning? Didn't anyone of you get drownproofing training?

Old 2013-10-23, 13:30   Link #10735
Seitsuki
Onee!

...Isn't that just swimming lessons?
Old 2013-10-23, 13:35   Link #10736
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Learning to float is the usual method, followed by basic swimming.

I was on a swim team for 11 years plus a little in high school and college, so I know how to swim competively. Though I have not swam in probably 15 years now. I should since that might help me keep my weight down. I use to be fairly good at the Butterfly.
Old 2013-10-23, 14:09   Link #10737
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

That is a pretty nice personal record to have. Those who swim competitively tend to have this lifelong "swim and survive" hardwired into their minds, which means they have incredibly high survival rates regardless of the kind of water disasters they encounter.

Old 2013-10-23, 15:20   Link #10738
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I did discover that I am not much good in river water from snow runoff in the mountains. There is a certain shock to going from 80 - 100 degrees F air temperature to 40 - 50 degrees F water. I can swim in it, but it is very unpleasant.
Old 2013-10-23, 15:27   Link #10739
willx
Nyaaan~~

Is this a good or bad time to mention -- I never learned how to swim?

Images
Help!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Angela Merkel called Barack Obama today to complain against NSA attempts to eavesdrop on her personal phone.

Berlin is taking seriously indications that Chancellor Angela Merkel's mobile phone might have been tapped by US intelligence, according to SPIEGEL information. Merkel spoke with President Barack Obama on Wednesday about her concerns.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-929642.html
Old 2013-10-23, 15:38   Link #10740
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The human body floats naturally. It is blind panic that gets people killed.

Tags
humor