AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-16, 20:44   Link #3781
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

People seem to love flip flopping on the issue of whether there is good or bad or not in this series... There is NOT any good/bad in this series. There are no Darth Vader's or Luke Skywalker's here. NOTHING is that cut and dry. Everyone is in gray. How many times is this said but forgotten again?
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 21:03   Link #3782
DN24

Quote:
People seem to love flip flopping on the issue of whether there is good or bad or not in this series... There is NOT any good/bad in this series. There are no Darth Vader's or Luke Skywalker's here. NOTHING is that cut and dry. Everyone is in gray. How many times is this said but forgotten again?
I agree that almost everyone in CG is in the gray area,I think people get it too but the problem is we want our favorite character to be in lighter area,to do so we push the others characters into the darker area to make our character look better
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 21:06   Link #3783
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
I agree that almost everyone in CG is in the gray area,I think people get it too but the problem is we want our favorite character to be in lighter area,to do so we push the others characters into the darker area to make our character look better
Exactly, apparently to everyone Lelouch's massacre if justifiable
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 21:08   Link #3784
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
People that do that don't understand the show then... Last time I checked everyone has done something horrible in this series in some way except for non-Geassed Euphie and Nunnally.
Old 2008-07-16, 21:11   Link #3785
Silver Soul
Banned

So what makes it wrong that Suzaku is threatening Kallen with Refrain for information if she refuses to give him any, what other methods should he use on her if she is already at odds with him
Old 2008-07-16, 21:15   Link #3786
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
shes a POW
he even uses the word for POW when refering to her
using violence in order to get info out of POWs is against the law
Old 2008-07-16, 21:18   Link #3787
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
shes a POW
He uses the word 'prisoner.' That does not necessarily mean POW. I have a feeling Britannia does NOT see the United States of Japan as a real nation.
Old 2008-07-16, 21:20   Link #3788
Crenshinibon

Quote:
shes a POW
Against the Geneva convention, which likely never took place in Geass chronology. We really have no idea Britannia's law is concerning this, although I doubt that they would do anything at all to restrict themselves.
Crenshinibon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 21:22   Link #3789
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
shes a POW
You haven't even answer my question when a person is taken prisoner, the Code of Conduct reminds the service member that the chain of command is still in effect and that the service member cannot receive special favors or parole from their captors, so what makes Kallen any different if she refuses to relay any information and what other tactic could he have done to avoid this.
Old 2008-07-16, 21:23   Link #3790
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crenshinibon View Post
Against the Geneva convention, which likely never took place in Geass chronology. We really have no idea Britannia's law is concerning this, although I doubt that they would do anything at all to restrict themselves.

but we know that there are conventions of that kind in the geass-verse
lulu said he'd treat suzaku by the convention when they captured him in ep 18
Old 2008-07-16, 21:24   Link #3791
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
You haven't even answer my question when a person is taken prisoner, the Code of Conduct reminds the service member that the chain of command is still in effect and that the service member cannot receive special favors or parole from their captors, so what makes Kallen any different if she refuses to relay any information and what other tactic could he have done to avoid this.

name
rank
personal number

thats all she owes him
Old 2008-07-16, 21:25   Link #3792
Tolle Erik Koenig
LOL!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crenshinibon View Post
It's called the Manila Convention there.
Tolle Erik Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 21:26   Link #3793
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
but we know that there are conventions of that kind in the geass-verse
lulu said he'd treat suzaku by the convention when they captured him in ep 18
That could just be Lelouch letting his past with Suzaku get in the way of his leadership position so that's really nothing to go by
Old 2008-07-16, 21:31   Link #3794
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
That could just be Lelouch letting his past with Suzaku get in the way of his leadership position so that's really nothing to go by
Guilford also made a mention of it in R2 when Zero told him that Toudou and the others are not terrorists but soldiers for the United States of Japan. And as Tolle Erik Koenig said, the Manila Convention is what they were referring to.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 21:31   Link #3795
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

They've confirmed through both Lelouch and Guilford that prisoner treatment standards do exist. Suzaku using illegal drugs on a prisoner not in his custody is surely a violation of that.
Old 2008-07-16, 21:33   Link #3796
Crenshinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolle Erik Koenig View Post
It's called the Manila Convention there.
Does it cover matters to the same extent? Unless you (or some informed person) knows, my point stands that we really don't have enough information to determine whether or not Suzaku is actually doing something illegal. "Some kind of convention" existing doesn't mean that it inherently adheres to the real world variation.

If the information is out there, I'd gladly be proven wrong.
Crenshinibon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 21:33   Link #3797
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
They've confirmed through both Lelouch and Guilford that prisoner treatment standards do exist. Suzaku using illegal drugs on a prisoner not in his custody is surely a violation of that.
That would mean staging an execution for them would be too... Except Britannia doesn't seem to see them as a real nation. So is it still breaking the rules?
Old 2008-07-16, 21:37   Link #3798
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It didn't see them as a real nation when they were terrorists within their own borders. It's quite a different matter when they control actual territory.
Old 2008-07-16, 21:38   Link #3799
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
That would mean staging an execution for them would be too... Except Britannia doesn't seem to see them as a real nation. So is it still breaking the rules?
That was before Zero and the Black Knights were recognized by other nations in the world as a political body. The United States of Japan are now recognized and even have allies. Regardless of what Britannia thinks, now that the rest of the world acknowledges them then Black Knights taken prisoner fall under those rules.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 21:41   Link #3800
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
That was before Zero and the Black Knights were recognized by other nations in the world as a political body. The United States of Japan are now recognized and even have allies. Regardless of what Britannia thinks, now that the rest of the world acknowledges them then Black Knights taken prisoner fall under those rules.
Correct me if I'm wrong but during WWII Soviet prisoners were not treated well compared to allied troops under Germany since the Soviet Union never signed/agreed with those consitutions regarding prisoner treatment.

So USJ maybe recognized but unless they start negotiating and signing agreements and treaties with other nations including Britannia then they won't fall under the official status category (So for Kallen it's a fine line).
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote