AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-12-01, 03:11   Link #1581
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
And Boku = I (I think?)
Yes, "boku" is the masculine form of "I", used here with the possesive particle "no". "Boku no" is "belonging to I" or "of I", or more briefly "my". "Boku no namae wa"="My name is", but only if you're a guy. Girls using "boku" get funny looks from the teacher, although not as funny as the look a guy gets for using "atashi".

This is now way, way, way , isn't it? Hmm, think fast here...

To all of you newbs, anime is a great way to get an impression of Japanese language and culture, but it shouldn't end there. Be sure to visit this thread or maybe this one if you have any questions, because it would be bad to clutter up the welcoming thread with off-topic posts, right?

Last edited by hooliganj; 2004-12-01 at 03:38.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 09:16   Link #1582
Sasuke-san
¡ÖAvenger¡× - ¥¢¥ô¥§¥ó¥¸¥

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke-san
Hi everyone.

My name is Uki, I'm 16 years old - I made it to this forum through a friend of mine.
I only just noticed Dranz comes here aswell. Anyhow I would like to know what the online list is based on, example: last 15 minutes/1 hour or 1 day?

Seeya around.
Sasuke-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 15:39   Link #1583
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Sup to another UK anime fan
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 15:44   Link #1584
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro
Sup to another UK anime fan

Sup, I'm from the UK as well. Liverpool.

Anyway's welcome all new peeps.

ANIME RULES! WHOOHOO!1
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 17:36   Link #1585
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke-san
Hi everyone.

My name is Uki, I'm 16 years old - I made it to this forum through a friend of mine.
I only just noticed Dranz comes here aswell. Anyhow I would like to know what the online list is based on, example: last 15 minutes/1 hour or 1 day?

Seeya around.
Welcome to the forum. Our torrent database is updated every 15 minutes, so there is no reason to check the page for new torrents any more frequently than that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 17:54   Link #1586
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Our torrent database is updated every 15 minutes
Ah yeah he could mean that too I guess...
Quote:
Anyhow I would like to know what the online list is based on, example: last 15 minutes/1 hour or 1 day?
I thought he meant the list of which users are online. I have no idea of the answer though. I think it's live, but one of the Administrators might know more.

Edit: ::comes back colombo style:: Oh just one more thing... Welcome
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 17:56   Link #1587
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

I'm back (though none of you probably noticed I was gone or know who I am) and I want to say hello to all new people and keep up the good work NoSanninWa.
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 19:48   Link #1588
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Hi everyone.

Seeya around.
Either the people who have refreshed the page, or posted. if you see your name and havent posted, it is that you have been detected by AS, and your name therefore shows up.

or xris knows were you live and there is a camera in your room.

welcome uglypigs! nice to meetcha!

Quote:
Yes, "boku" is the masculine form of "I", used here with the possesive particle "no". "Boku no" is "belonging to I" or "of I", or more briefly "my". "Boku no namae wa"="My name is", but only if you're a guy. Girls using "boku" get funny looks from the teacher, although not as funny as the look a guy gets for using "atashi".
oh man. my entire japanese class are gonna sound like girls when we go. my class hasnt formally been taught boku yet.

hooligan- they say it atashi in imitation of my teacher.

Last edited by hobobaggins; 2004-12-01 at 21:11.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 21:07   Link #1589
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
oh man. my entire japanese class are gonna sound like girls when we go. my class hasnt formally been taught boku yet.

More clutter, but I didn't want to leave the wrong impression. Your class was probably taught "watashi", which is gender-neutral and generally acceptable in any situation, although your friends might think you're a bit of a wimp if you don't use the occasional "boku".

To give a good example from an anime:
Spoiler for Here is Greenwood:
Most girls seem to use "atashi" liberally, so I don't think it carries the same level of informality as "boku" does for the guys.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 22:34   Link #1590
Azulet

Hello I'm Azulet. I've always loved reading the posts on Animesuki but I've had a lot of trouble with the forum and posting issues. I tried again after many months and finally managed to post. So I'm happy to start!

Right now I'm watching a bunch of anime from this site. It's good that I only have one or two hours of anime per week because if I had the whole series, I would probably finish it all!

I have been to 2 Anime Conventions. In 2005 I will probably go to KatsuCon because it is in my area. I have gone to it for the past two years. For those of you who went in 2003, yes, I experienced the snow storm. It was quite an interesting story, actually. Everyone was trying to get home, I was one of the few who had tried to attend on the snowy Sunday.

I love Yoko Kanno's works, but I'm surprised they still haven't gotten domestic Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne CDs here in the US. I loved the FLCL OST 1. Is there a translation of OST 2's dialogues?
Anyway, enough for now, talk to you later.
Azulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 02:56   Link #1591
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Welcome to the boards Azulet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Sup, I'm from the UK as well. Liverpool.

Anyway's welcome all new peeps.

ANIME RULES! WHOOHOO!1
O lol, well greetings to an exiting UK anime fan then. Never knew there were this many people in UK on these boards
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 11:21   Link #1592
rantingkitten

Send a message via ICQ to rantingkitten Send a message via MSN to rantingkitten
Um, well... Hi all, I guess!

I've been reading the boards for some time now and always enjoyed it. Some weird technical problems didn't allow me to post or even register, though. But finally I'm here.
rantingkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 18:26   Link #1593
Sasuke-san
¡ÖAvenger¡× - ¥¢¥ô¥§¥ó¥¸¥

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke-san
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantingkitten

I've been reading the boards for some time now and always enjoyed it. Some weird technical problems didn't allow me to post or even register, though. But finally I'm here.
Welcome to AnimeSuki!
Sasuke-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 20:24   Link #1594
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantingkitten

welcome kitten! ... uh... run away while you still can. have a nice time here.

glad you worked out your techical problems
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 20:33   Link #1595
pandabearnay
Huh? Wha?? Nani??!!

Hi everyone! I've been a member for a while now but I only just started posting in the last couple of weeks. So I guess it's kind of late to introduce myself now.hehe I've been watching anime now for almost 15 years. But I guess no one really cares. See you guys around.
pandabearnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 11:45   Link #1596
Azulet

old stuff

welcome to the board, I love your avatar.
I've been watching anime ever since I could remember...except I was watching stuff like Saint Seiya and Ronin Warriors with really bad dub.
and transformers of course.
thank God for the DVD format that provides us with sub (and somtimes dub) goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabearnay
Hi everyone! I've been a member for a while now but I only just started posting in the last couple of weeks. So I guess it's kind of late to introduce myself now.hehe I've been watching anime now for almost 15 years. But I guess no one really cares. See you guys around.
Azulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 11:45   Link #1597
rantingkitten

Send a message via ICQ to rantingkitten Send a message via MSN to rantingkitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabearnay
But I guess no one really cares

Someone always cares. About everyting. Not always the one you hoped but still someone.

Ok, that sounded kinda lame, but it's true.
rantingkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 12:09   Link #1598
vash13
kawaii

Send a message via MSN to vash13 Send a message via Yahoo to vash13
Hi! I'm new as you can all see,but I am not new to forums. I love to talk (for some odd reason). And I love Pockey! *offers pockey around*
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 22:16   Link #1599
Raisen
RoriKon4Life

Yoz, hello everybody
I'm also new here , would of posted earlier if the account was sorted out earlier however, a bit bout myself. I'm a fansubber and scanlater however ive been lazy due to school so I havent done much for a while. My IRC Nicks are either Raisen, Kyoshiro or Mao-Chan so you would find me in many places
Raisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 01:28   Link #1600
duffman13
The New Guy

Send a message via AIM to duffman13
Hi everybody

Hey, I'm new. Just wanted to say hey, i'm a huge naruto fan and everything else you see listed in my sig.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-12-04 at 01:36. Reason: Threads merged
duffman13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, new members