AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-02, 00:23   Link #61
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
no chance if he can't use haki, which we still don't know whether he can. but sanji and Zoro can use kenbunshoku a bit I guess? When Luffy asked both of them if they can sense a wild beast(Caribou) at mermaid island they could.
Well, according from what they said at the fishman island, they do have the knowledge about haki. The Mugiwaras haven't fight full power yet, I guess we'll see more when the opportunity arises, although I believe the chance at least Sanji & Zoro don't have haki is very small to non-existence since it's all about haki in the new world.
Old 2012-02-02, 01:27   Link #62
onepiece4ever

maybe mihawk teach zoro how to use haki.
sanji to ivan.
robin to dragon.
Old 2012-02-02, 04:33   Link #63
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Zoro and Sanji are really strong. I don't know when are they gonna be haki users. I wouldn't say they'll be like Luffy at a level they can use Haoshoku Haki. Only few people can. It would make much more sense if they can use haki like Marco and Vista.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:50   Link #64
Kallen4life

pretty obvious both Zoro and Sanji have CoA

Sanji can give Smoker a good fight
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2012-02-02, 10:43   Link #65
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypic View Post
I'm just wondering how they will get back onto the ship, since Nami's cloud only lasts so long.

Pretty sure that Sanji could just Sky-walk everybody to and from the island (or just Nami and Robin, anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
IMO. personally i think this is right place to have new sword. since there is nothing new that zoro have other than stronger attack

but i guessing it will be on samurai island where he probably get legendary sword
I don't doubt that Zoro would probably get a new sword in the NW eventually, but I just don't see any reason for him to get a new one now. Like I said before, it's probably best to wait until the crew's had a couple adventures under their belt before we worry about that (I mean, who knows how long it'll be before they reach the Wano country)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I just found out about the climate in Punk Hazard. There's not only extreme heat over there but also winter clouds. We may be entering an incarnation of Banjo Tooie's Hailfire Peaks.
Oh yeah, Hailfire Peaks! I remember that level! Yeah, that would be cool! Though I doubt that there's both a fire AND ice dragon ruling over the island. I do think it would be cool if the colder side of the island were inhabited by yetis, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikenNoAce View Post
Now Igneel can have screentime in ONE OIECE XD

Hell no! The last thing we need is for OP to turn into Fairy Tail! Gee, I sure would enjoy seeing Luffy gain hax DEM powers from gulping down magical fireballs!

Anyways, as far as the past "disaster" involving Punk Hazard is concerned..... maybe it's basically OP's version of Chernobyl or something? Robin points out that the place may apparently have been a government base, so if we couple that with the guess that Vegapunk is connected to the island as well, maybe some big accident involving nukes is what resulted in the island's bizarre environment.....
Old 2012-02-02, 10:44   Link #66
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Sanji and Zoro can arguably be considered on par/slightly stronger than Land Jimbei (an ex-shichibukai). Really, Sanji being able to contend with Smoker heavily hinges on whether or not he can use CoA.

Anyways, this chapter was freakin' awesome. This arc is already off to a very strong start. Punk Hazard's atmosphere is incredible (seeing it in the anime is really going to be a treat), and the samurai from the Wano Country are being described as merciless and very dangerous seeing as how even the marines don't dare to go near them. The strawhat crew interaction was golden. And now the situation has gotten even more crazy with Smoker deciding to head towards Punk Hazard as well after listening in on Luffy's Den Den Mushi conversation. Last but not least, a dragon has finally appeared in this series. I couldn't ask for anything more in the 1st chapter of an arc .
Old 2012-02-02, 10:58   Link #67
marvelB

BTW, this is slightly off-topic, but be sure to check out the SBS thread, fellas! A neat little surprise has been posted there.....
Old 2012-02-02, 11:10   Link #68
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I just found out about the climate in Punk Hazard. There's not only extreme heat over there but also winter clouds. We may be entering an incarnation of Banjo Tooie's Hailfire Peaks.
Was the first thing I thought of, too, didn't remember how the level was called though.

I think even if Ivankov taught him some Haki (It's not even sure if Ivan knows Haki) I doubt Sanji would be able to beat Smoker. I think even Luffy who did 2 years non-stop Haki training will have a lot of trouble when fighting Smoker.

Though I think it would be funnier if Tashigi fought Sanji

S: "I won't fight you"
T: "Is it because I'm a woman?"
S: "Yes"
T: "DIE YOU SEXIST BASTARD!"
Old 2012-02-02, 11:29   Link #69
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Smoker seems to be taking over Garp's place as the rival for the Pirate King, Luffy in this case.

Smoker may end up stronger than Sanji, but Sanji wouldn't be defeated easily.

Since Smoker is a vice admiral now, he definitely has Haki, maybe even some Rokushiki moves. Seeing his smoke form gives him alot of evasiveness, he would be very hard to hit with observation haki and soru.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-02-02, 13:27   Link #70
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I'm 99.9% sure Sanji and Zoro can use at least CoA - they'd be useless in the New World without it! Being able to hit a Logia is pretty much a must to survive there...
Old 2012-02-02, 13:32   Link #71
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Not just Logias, anyone with CoA would be near invulnerable to those with no Haki.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-02-02, 13:56   Link #72
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Not just Logias, anyone with CoA would be near invulnerable to those with no Haki.
That depends on their level of mastery of CoA. Even if the attack coming at them isn't imbued with CoA, if it's powerful enough it'll break through the CoA defenses of the defender. CoA isn't guaranteed to defend against everything; it has to be mastered to a very high degree for it to be effective for defensive purposes.
Old 2012-02-02, 15:53   Link #73
marvelB

Yeah, I'm kind of convinced that Zoro and Sanji are capable of using CoA, as well. I just think it's fitting for the monster trio to all be capable of thrashing Logias now without (always) relying on some goofy gimmicks.

That being said, even if Smoker is now capable of using haki + rokushiki, I doubt that would spell too much trouble for any of the trio, especially since they were all capable of conquering the latter before the skip, anyway (lol seriously, what use will tekkai + logia intangibility be against Luffy? ).
Old 2012-02-02, 15:57   Link #74
golgo13

That chapter was SUPER!

Pretty bad ass how the story is launching directly into a new arc. Smoker is set on catching luffy and crew, would be awesome to see smoker fight. The first time I read the chapter I thought the mini merry was being controlled remotely but its actually Robin driving it haha.

That island has vegapunk written all over it. Some failed experiment? Why the endless fire?

It was pretty interesting to hear about the first 3 islands: risky red, raijin and mystoria. Obviously urouge went to raijin, and I'm guessing apoo went to mystoria? Not sure about risky red...eustass, drake, hawkins?

It doesn't look the same since the ocean isn't on fire but blackbeard was also on a certain burning island in the new world...
Old 2012-02-02, 17:05   Link #75
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I don't doubt that Zoro would probably get a new sword in the NW eventually, but I just don't see any reason for him to get a new one now. Like I said before, it's probably best to wait until the crew's had a couple adventures under their belt before we worry about that (I mean, who knows how long it'll be before they reach the Wano country)....
I don't doubt that by the end of series Zoro will have at least a Saijo O Wazamono Grade sword.

The question is unless Zoro became a collector, which one will get replaced/destroyed.

Wado Ichimonji and Shusui are both 2 of the 21 O-Wazamono swords, second highest grade. It would seem that Sandai Kitetsu is the one to go, but I wonder being a "cursed sword" is there a secret behind it.
Old 2012-02-02, 19:20   Link #76
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I don't doubt that by the end of series Zoro will have at least a Saijo O Wazamono Grade sword.

The question is unless Zoro became a collector, which one will get replaced/destroyed.

Wado Ichimonji and Shusui are both 2 of the 21 O-Wazamono swords, second highest grade. It would seem that Sandai Kitetsu is the one to go, but I wonder being a "cursed sword" is there a secret behind it.
Zoro seems to be able to control the curse. I can picture someone giving him a higher grade Kitetsu because he will be impressed by Zoro weilding a Kitetsu and still being alive. Maybe we'll even see Zoro fight with all three Kitetsu swords? (Though that doesn't really make munch sense). But I'm still confused why Zoro's Yubashiri broke instead of Kitetsu. Yubashiri was the better sword...

Speaking of Kitetsu: What if Zoro's lost eye has something to do with the Kitetsu curse?
Old 2012-02-02, 19:43   Link #77
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
That island has vegapunk written all over it. Some failed experiment? Why the endless fire?
[cut]

You see an island on fire and then see a dragon.. you honestly cannot connect the dots?
Old 2012-02-02, 19:46   Link #78
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
robin to dragon.
Didn't Robin refuse the meeting with Dragon?
Old 2012-02-02, 21:03   Link #79
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
[cut]

You see an island on fire and then see a dragon.. you honestly cannot connect the dots?
Enlighten me?
Old 2012-02-02, 21:35   Link #80
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I think it was pretty much confirmed that the island is divided into a flaming hot part and an ice cold one - the guy on the Den Den Mushi said it was very cold (on Punk Hazard, where he's located), and Nami commented on the weird clouds. There was some sort of experiment gone wrong, although I don't know how the dragon fits into all that - maybe he's just a mythical Zoan user?
Closed Thread