AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 21:21   Link #5521
tetsuo69

^

the single didn't have any instrumental version.
Old 2012-11-28, 17:40   Link #5522
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
^

the single didn't have any instrumental version.
10 Points for English Dub! Can't believe I would praise the English dub.

I have seen some stuff about the mobile suits and it looks like long time mecha designer Kunio Okawara designed the Impulse as Kira's first mobile suit in Gundam SEED. The director and other members of the staff found it too powerful for the show's first mecha and so Strike was created. Nevertheless they liked the idea of the Impulse and it resulted in the Perfect Strike from HD series.

For Destiny, the Impulse was finally used as Shinn's mobile suit. Impulse had a pack not seen in TV series called Destiny Impulse that only appeared in the book Gundam SEED Destiny MSV. This same version is the prototype of the Destiny mobile suit.

Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice have weapons that were not used in the TV series and only the video games. To be honest the first time I saw these two mobile suits I couldn't spot the difference from the original ones (even the characters just said Freedom and Justice), so it made sense to me when they referred to them as upgraded versions. I think the same happened to me in Wing when they introduced Wing Zero that was nearly identical to Wing Gundam. Then Wing Zero Custom happened and I finally could tell the difference.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 06:30   Link #5523
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Not sure where to post this but here goes...any news about what happened to the SEED Party 2012? Is it a GSD Remaster? Mods can freely take this where they feel this question is more appropriate, sorry if I put it in the wrong thread and thank you (not sure whether to put it on the Q/A thread or the information about all Gundam series thread)...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 07:59   Link #5524
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Not sure where to post this but here goes...any news about what happened to the SEED Party 2012? Is it a GSD Remaster? Mods can freely take this where they feel this question is more appropriate, sorry if I put it in the wrong thread and thank you (not sure whether to put it on the Q/A thread or the information about all Gundam series thread)...
Gundam SEED Destiny remaster has already been announced.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 08:17   Link #5525
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

OK thank you so much. When does it air? Haven't finished watching the SEED Remaster yet, or AGE for that matter.

Old 2012-12-02, 08:36   Link #5526
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
OK thank you so much. When does it air? Haven't finished watching the SEED Remaster yet, or AGE for that matter.
It’s still a mystery IIRC, but we expect it to be released in 2013 or 2014. The announcement poster doesn’t say anything:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also, Gundam AGE is...not good (if not abysmal). If you’re going to watch it, keep your expectation low.
Old 2012-12-02, 17:36   Link #5527
Esg

I watched the first season of age and liked it but I heard the second season was alright while the last was just stupid
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 00:53   Link #5528
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Oh, Gen-2 is the best part of AGE, after Gen-3 starts it just goes downhill from there.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 12:59   Link #5529
rakusukira

wait.. a DESTINY remaster??? they're like.... gonna improve on the storyline right?? cause if they're just gonna go with the Shinn-hate then I'm going to flip
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 14:56   Link #5530
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
wait.. a DESTINY remaster???
Where have you been the last couple of months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
they're like.... gonna improve on the storyline right?? cause if they're just gonna go with the Shinn-hate then I'm going to flip
Yeah, we all want that, but the chance of it came true is slim at best. “Repairing the story” will be so expensive for a remaster project. They’ll need LOTS of new animation and they’ll need to hire all those VAs again. That sounds like more output than input for Sunrise/Bandai. Then again, I like to be surprised.
Old 2012-12-04, 16:19   Link #5531
tetsuo69

i really want the first ep to air already
Old 2012-12-04, 18:25   Link #5532
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
They’ll need LOTS of new animation and they’ll need to hire all those VAs again. That sounds like more output than input for Sunrise/Bandai. Then again, I like to be surprised.
Sunrise actually needed to hire the voice actors again for the Special Editions since they rerecord the dialogue. I believe this is due to lipsynch issues caused by the different pacing and the fact that voice actors became more used to the characters (thus they are better). The most obvious thing was Sting's yell in a fight which was different.

Can't tell if this is the same for the HD episodes, but I've seen that at least Japan tries to rerecord the dialogue for HD versions of famous video games like the Metal Gear Solid series.
Old 2012-12-09, 01:51   Link #5533
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Pretty sure the GSD Remaster will just have new animated scenes (like the ones in the SEED Remaster) and probably new songs too (like how they did with one of the ED songs for SEED Remaster). Maybe they'll introduce some new Gundams again (like Perfect Strike in SEED Remaster). As for the dialogue, I don't really recall anything changed with the dialogue too much, maybe someone can fill me in on this matter. Rie Tanaka did the retracks version of Shizuka No Yoru Ni though (can't recall if it was the same for Mizu no Akashi), so at least we can say the songs had some kind of rearrangement as well.

About AGE? Well it was pretty good for the first 2 generations for me, and the 3rd generation was just overall terrible. Well I'm at the 41st episode when I stopped, so I have yet to see how terrible it was. and yes, this AGE discussion should be in the appropriate thread.

Old 2012-12-10, 01:11   Link #5534
rakusukira

i've been gone for a while from the gundam forum.. haha! but really, they should change the mid-plot of Destiny cause I just can't stand seeing Shinn getting all the hate
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 01:58   Link #5535
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Remaster doesn't mean a remake sad enough, if anything it's going to be like Seed where they redid some stock footage and made the rest look prettier, pretty much no new dialogues at all. maybe a new OP or ED but i wouldnt get my hopes up
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 12:41   Link #5536
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Remaster doesn't mean a remake sad enough, if anything it's going to be like Seed where they redid some stock footage and made the rest look prettier, pretty much no new dialogues at all. maybe a new OP or ED but i wouldnt get my hopes up
About biggest changes to Destiny's ending I think the most obvious was the relationship between Cagalli and Athrun. In the original TV series Cagalli removed the ring Athrun gave her and asked Meyrin to "take care of him". In the OVA, another scene occurs in which Cagalii and Athrun.

In the Special Edition films, they added another scene in which Cagalli keeps Athrun's ring inside a table.

Old 2012-12-11, 04:58   Link #5537
Destined_Fate

I'm seeing the ring thing in the original being there because of the bad blood that Destiny had when it was first completed. After heads were cooled they went back for the OVAs and let Cagalli and Athrun actually get back together instead of Cagalli just giving up on him for no reason. Not like she was getting another arranged married and she pretty much owned Orb now since those that were a part of Yuna's faction were removed.

Athrun also didn't really pay much notice to Meyrin in the TV version either. Hell while Lunamaria/Shinn and Lacus/Kira were coupling up in the ending Meyrin was just stalking Athrun from behind.

I do hope they add Cagalli to the meet up of the heroes. Meyrin can still be stalking Athrun I don't care but Cagalli should have been there with Athrun to see peace made between Shinn and Kira.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 15:11   Link #5538
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The first Bluray had a music video titled Director's concept. No idea what does that mean but I found it.
Here
Old 2012-12-11, 16:38   Link #5539
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
The first Bluray had a music video titled Director's concept. No idea what does that mean but I found it.
Here
It's basically a fan video by Fukuda.. and it's not even that good.
Old 2012-12-16, 09:36   Link #5540
Washu-Chan