AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-27, 03:37   Link #801
MonkeyDude

Honestly I think you'd be rather naive to believe NGNL is as lighthearted as it appears to be. There are hints littered everywhere that just screams "dark" if you know where to look. You have Jibril (in near orgasmic fashion) telling you the world before was a bloodbath orgy of epic proportions. You have Kurami as an actual slave lucky enough to have an owner who dotes on her. You have Fi basically telling the world that she would let her entire species burn for Kurami and you can tell she means it. Then you have Izuna being what is essentially a child soldier of the Eastern Federation. She literally treats playing a game as an actual battle in a war, because that is essentially what a game is in this world. Things didn't suddenly become all sunshines and rainbows just because it's become a literal game world. I mean you only have to look at the initial interaction between Ino and Jibril...

So yeah Volume 6 is just an in-your-face introduction to the darker elements of NGNL. The groundwork is already there, but hey some people need that kick in the face to get it. And for the record I have yet to read/spoil V6, just know it's a flashback arc with a Sora/Shiro look-a-like.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 11:53   Link #802
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrew View Post
I wonder what Jibril is trying to accomplish by provoking Azrael like that. That cliffhanger was pretty scary, in the sense that I'd rather not see Sora's potential winged harem commit mass suicide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Presumably to get Azrael frustrated enough to challenge Sora and Shiro directly.

Jibril is trying to get her to realize that they have so much potential to learn and improve beyond their initial purpose, but Azrael is being awfully dense about it. Jibril gave examples of how she managed to solo against a Gigant and a Phantasma (both Exceed ranked higher than Flugels) after so many failures, and while Sora is outplaying the Flugel right in front of them.

It's been proven that their tenacity isn't something set in stone, but Azrael is the only who one doesn't realize that. The goal isn't just to beat the Flugel (Sora is already proving they can), but for them to accept Sora's ideals that there is no limit to what they can learn despite any physical limitations they might have.

When Jibril said "Please don't be disappointed, and please believe" before the game she wasn't talking about her loyalty to Sora, but the potential of Flugels to break out of the hierarchy and continue to learn.
Jibril is so hurt trying to get her to see and understand. Im not sure I could continue trying to convince her if I was in Jibril's place. You have someone many times older than you that should be many times wiser unable to see a point you are trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
I
sincerely hope we can get a second season if just to prove to the detractors that yes there is tangible character development in NGNL. The first four volumes laid down the groundwork and now we're seeing the results. Though quite frankly that's just Jibril continuing to prove why she's best girl!
Jibril I love that girl she is such a trip. They have developed a lot it is nice seeing how everyones views and thoughts are changing.
Old 2014-07-29, 06:48   Link #803
c933103
FTNR

September MFbunkoJ release still have no NGNL
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 10:31   Link #804
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
September MFbunkoJ release still have no NGNL
Well, we suspected that the next novel might be a bit delayed, given Kamiya-sensei's health issues.
Old 2014-07-29, 12:59   Link #805
RDNexus

Is it me or there are a few good mangakas and novelists with poor health back in Japan?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 13:12   Link #806
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Is it me or there are a few good mangakas and novelists with poor health back in Japan?
First one that came to mind for me was Ken Akamatsu (Negima!, Love Hina, currently UQ Holder), but it's not exactly a stressless job...
Old 2014-07-30, 04:10   Link #807
c933103
FTNR

NGNL manga&LN decided to have Brazilian Portuguese release version
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 08:22   Link #808
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Makes sense, given the author is Brazilian. It'd be cool if he handled the translation himself. Also, if I read his JP Wikipedia page correctly, he spent a lot of time in the US growing up, so an official english version might not be out of the question either.
Old 2014-07-30, 10:38   Link #809
RDNexus

Quote:
Awesome! It may finally be a groundbreaking point for Light Novels to reach Portugal and get a bit more of recognition as I'm on course to have a LN-inspired Novel Series starting to be published here in Portugal
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 10:07   Link #810
novalysis

Just read the first translated chapter of No Game no Life's 6th Volume. That's totally depressing. The author really can do grim dark impressively well. NGNL is clearly a post apocalyptic heaven built out of 10 Oaths that is all that stands between the Disboard we know, and a hellish dystopia for all. Tet could rightfully claim that what he did was "in the name of peace and sanity", to quote a certain Doctor....

Seriously, the author could give Urobuchi and Ano a run for their money. And possibly even the classic dystopia authors like Orwell.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 15:07   Link #811
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
somehow the translation become vacum huh...
(=.=)
venis needs about 1-2 weeks per update usually, so I it is still within norm...
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 21:57   Link #812
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Absurdly fast translations like Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance are an exception, and shouldn't be seen as a standard to measure by. NGNL is kinda on the slow side, but there's really nothing we can do outside of trying to find people who can help. All we can do is wait patiently.
Old 2014-08-03, 09:02   Link #813
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
AHHH~~
GOD...
Please bestow us translator who capable to LOVE and WILLING translate tis novel for us, who non-Japanese native/born...
PLEASE..
I... WE beg You..

m(_ _)m
Umm.... how about waiting for the translator? He is a bit late compared to usual, but people are doing this for free, so maybe you should just sit back and wait patiently? In most other LNs you have to wait 3 months for 1 CHAPTER, while here you get one about every 2 weeks. Better be grateful, instead of being even more greedy... I am still waiting for any translator to pick up Sovereign of Omnia...

tsk... first world problems.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 10:11   Link #814
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Umm.... how about waiting for the translator? He is a bit late compared to usual, but people are doing this for free, so maybe you should just sit back and wait patiently? In most other LNs you have to wait 3 months for 1 CHAPTER, while here you get one about every 2 weeks. Better be grateful, instead of being even more greedy... I am still waiting for any translator to pick up Sovereign of Omnia...

tsk... first world problems.
Wait you're telling me not all translators are js06 or Spyro tier?
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 12:21   Link #815
Brother Coa
Banned

Wow, dudes calm down.

I get 3-4 scanlations of F/SN manga chapters per year and I am not complaining.
Just be patient, as GZ said people are doing this for free and it depends on their own free time.

I am also waiting to read more about Azrael.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 14:37   Link #816
Dark_Matter
He Who Is Not to be Named

New Chapter is out!

Also it looks like Venis stop translating the next chapter for some weeks because of exams
Dark_Matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 21:21   Link #817
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Matter View Post
New Chapter is out!

Also it looks like Venis stop translating the next chapter for some weeks because of exams
Those few weeks will be painful - still exams come first and I wish them the best.

In the meantime we can try to figure out what the Answer will be...

As for Azrael - i hope she gets her powers back, I feel totally sorry for her.
Not sure if I should hope too much though, since while she said it was temporary, the words to bind her included 'forever' :/

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 22:12   Link #818
Rovert10

You could probably set up a game to remove the said conditions.
Either that or we can just wait for Sora and Shiro to win against Tet and remove it then.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 22:36   Link #819
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
As for Azrael - i hope she gets her powers back, I feel totally sorry for her.
Not sure if I should hope too much though, since while she said it was temporary, the words to bind her included 'forever' :/
I'm pretty sure forever only means until the game ends. She's just continuing with it because she wants to learn something from being powerless.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 23:51   Link #820
MonkeyDude

Omega good job Jibril! Keep spreading the Gospel of NTR!

A nice conclusion to the Flugel mini-arc. Great to get a more in-depth explanation of why the Flugel seems to have an insatiable thirst for knowledge. I suppose how Artosh was killed will be explained in the next volume. I do wonder how they managed to kill the forerunner for OTG while surrounded by his Flugel minions. Then of course the complete and utter lack of any written records of Imanity's involvement in the war...

Now the biggest question would be how in the bloody hell will they befriend the moon people when not even the #2 rank species can reach it!?
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, light novel, move to ln (mf bunko j), pure love story