AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 259 45.52%
Haruka, and respondent is female 54 9.49%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 37.96%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.03%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-21, 10:35   Link #221
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

Ahh, I watched this and I like.

I choosed Mitsuki, Haruka's too boring, really.
Bonjour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 17:34   Link #222
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Mitsuki was fine (except for that god-awful mullet haircut) UNTIL she slept with Shinji. Then I lost all respect for her. What the hell!? Break up with Takayuki FIRST! I have no tolerance for cheaters, male OR female....I think it's really inexcusable. Just being sad and lonely does not make it okay to sleep with someone else!

I liked the OLD Mitsuki...she was cheerful and energetic and a good friend and the new older Mitsuki is just completely emo.

So in the end, I'm a Haruka fan. She totally got a backbone and that impressed me.
Old 2007-08-21, 20:00   Link #223
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am not saying she is fully responsible for the accident (The word accident alone implies it is not intentional, thus i don't think she can be damned that much), however the accident happened because of two major factors, one of which Mitsuki unknowingly set in motion. No, i am not going to condemn her to the depth of hells for this, but the fact remains: Mitsuki's actions (even if unintentional) created one of the two factors that caused Haruka being involved in the accident.
I'm not so sure about that. There seems to be an extremely weak causative correlation between the two events of Takayuki being late and the truck hitting Haruka.
Old 2007-08-22, 00:17   Link #224
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm not so sure about that. There seems to be an extremely weak causative correlation between the two events of Takayuki being late and the truck hitting Haruka.
How about this angle...

What was the reasoning as to where Haruka was standing when she was hit? Who made that decision?

In relation to how 4tran understandably feels there is a weak correlation between the two events, whomever made the decision of where Haruka was to stand was also at fault, and as far as I am aware...the story states that she chose the spot to meet, so if Mitsuki and Takayuki have fault, then so does Haruka.

Food for thought
Old 2007-08-22, 00:27   Link #225
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yes, Haruka is at fault for being hit by a truck that is not supposed to be there Haruka waiting for Takayuki there is 'just as planned'. Takayuki being late because of Mitsuki and the truck running astray is not 'just as planned'. The last two are the variables that caused the situation to develop in unexpected way. She would not have been there when the disaster struck should have Takayuki been on time.

Once again - i am not calculating to what degree guilt should be passed around, simply the fact whether Haruka being hit by the car is liked with Taka being late. (And i find it hard (read: impossible) to think they are not related).
Old 2007-08-22, 02:11   Link #226
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Yes, Haruka is at fault for being hit by a truck that is not supposed to be there Haruka waiting for Takayuki there is 'just as planned'. Takayuki being late because of Mitsuki and the truck running astray is not 'just as planned'. The last two are the variables that caused the situation to develop in unexpected way. She would not have been there when the disaster struck should have Takayuki been on time.

Once again - i am not calculating to what degree guilt should be passed around, simply the fact whether Haruka being hit by the car is liked with Taka being late. (And i find it hard (read: impossible) to think they are not related).
There's plenty of variables to this case though...

What if Takayuki made it on time but had to make a sudden phone call? What if Takayuki made it on time and they stuck around for just a couple minutes longer? They never went into detail, even in the game, to when the accident actually occurred, so in the technical sense of things, it could've happened even if Takayuki was on time...just that it would've probably happened to them both and wouldn't have made for such a dramatic story.

Hell, since they never went into detail to as when the accident actually occurred, then it is also a possibility that the accident took place prior to the time Takayuki had to be there, which means that even if Mitsuki kept Takayuki past the meeting that and the accident occurred before it, that it wouldn't be either Takayuki or Mitsuki's fault.

Basically, it's simple...seeing as there are far too many variables to even account for without having physically known the exact time of the accident's occurrence, then it would be impossible to impart blame upon anyone but the driver, or in the most direct case, Haruka for choosing that place in which to stand.
Old 2007-08-22, 02:29   Link #227
kujoe
from head to heel

I don't know how you can even say that Mitsuki and Takayuki are even partially responsible for the accident in the truest sense. The direction of causality is skewed at best.

If anything, they did feel responsible for it, hence Mitsuki's sense of guilt and Takayuki's emotionally mixed up longing for Haruka when she wakes up three years later.

But that's as far as it goes concerning this idea of them being truly responsible for such a tragic thing. We could blame the driver, bad tires, bad brakes or the stupid cat that got in the way. Who knows? Maybe if Takayuki got there in time, he might have gotten hit by the truck as well. In other words, you really can't point a finger regarding who should be blamed for the accident at all.

The point of the story concerns what happens after all of that.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 13:52   Link #228
Echoes

Seems like it sparked quite a debate.

All I was meant in the first place was that it'd be very wrong for someone to actually point their finger towards Mitsuki and blame for the event, since it was obviously out of her control. Technically I suppose you could say she is partially responsible for the event taking place.

I just worded myself as poorly in the first place, I'll work harder to keep my English up to date. ^^
Old 2007-08-23, 05:58   Link #229
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour View Post
Ahh, I watched this and I like.

I choosed Mitsuki, Haruka's too boring, really.
I wouldn't go so far as to call her boring, as in most of the ep she is either in an coma or stuck in the hospital bed. Honestly I found in the first 2 ep where they developed her character from a shy ( and i mean very shy person) to someone who can openly express herself and go out on dates ordinarily was very interesting. I preferred seeing her development rather then Mitsuki's and honestly Mitsuki's jealousy, resentment and whining was really uncalled for since:

1. Taka is going out with Haruka first.
2. Shows a lack of trust Mitsuki places in taka. (the irony here is that she was the true untrustworthy person taking advantage of taka when he was down)
3. Throwing tantrums all over the place.. (that scene where she chucked the home buying books out the window anyone?)
4.Quick to assume the worst and take susequent uncalled for action in order to rectify it.

Honestly, I could never stand Mitsuki she honestly reminds me of a paranoid housewife thinking her husband is cheating on her everytime he's home 5 min late..

That's why i think Haruka is more interesting because of her ability to grab the viewers attention, without being too overly annoying or dominating...
Old 2007-08-23, 10:39   Link #230
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
If we're going to point fingers, in all actuality, it's the stupid truck driver's fault.
Old 2007-08-24, 02:52   Link #231
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to call her boring, as in most of the ep she is either in an coma or stuck in the hospital bed. Honestly I found in the first 2 ep where they developed her character from a shy ( and i mean very shy person) to someone who can openly express herself and go out on dates ordinarily was very interesting. I preferred seeing her development rather then Mitsuki's and honestly Mitsuki's jealousy, resentment and whining was really uncalled for since:

1. Taka is going out with Haruka first.
2. Shows a lack of trust Mitsuki places in taka. (the irony here is that she was the true untrustworthy person taking advantage of taka when he was down)
3. Throwing tantrums all over the place.. (that scene where she chucked the home buying books out the window anyone?)
4.Quick to assume the worst and take susequent uncalled for action in order to rectify it.

Honestly, I could never stand Mitsuki she honestly reminds me of a paranoid housewife thinking her husband is cheating on her everytime he's home 5 min late..

That's why i think Haruka is more interesting because of her ability to grab the viewers attention, without being too overly annoying or dominating...
Haruka's boring for me cause she's like all innocent and shy.. Seriously..
Mitsuki seems a lot more fun (teasing, etc), but of course, this is MY opinion..

So, don't get mad by how I think.
Old 2007-08-26, 00:41   Link #232
Kusaja

I agree with Chiibi. The fictional accident is really the fictional driver's fault, if you ask me. The rest are unpredictable, circumstantial elements...though it's natural to feel bad or even angry if someone's actions (or your own) contributed to a tragedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Mitsuki was fine (except for that god-awful mullet haircut) UNTIL she slept with Shinji. Then I lost all respect for her. What the hell!? Break up with Takayuki FIRST! I have no tolerance for cheaters, male OR female....I think it's really inexcusable. Just being sad and lonely does not make it okay to sleep with someone else!
I didn't like that part in the anime either, to say the least...but then again she was very mentally unstable *and* horribly drunk. Under those conditions, there is no such thing as informed consent, even if Mitsuki put herself in that situation in the first place (big mistake, and she's responsible for that).

It's not a pretty sight, but hardly what amounts to simply "cheating", with all the implications that word carries around (and almost makes "real" cheaters look less bad). I don't want to bring too much of real life into this, but there's a difference between the two types of situations. The line between rationality and irrationality may seem thin at times, but it does exist.

On the other hand...
Spoiler for game:
Quote:
So in the end, I'm a Haruka fan. She totally got a backbone and that impressed me.
I ultimately ended up respecting Haruka more than Mitsuki when I watched this too, for whatever it's worth. Even if she's not my favorite character. The above is definitely true and it was great to see that Haruka could stand on her own.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 14:05   Link #233
asandari

Mitsuki because...
Spoiler for KGNE, of course.:
asandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 03:07   Link #234
Omfgbbqwtf

I chose Haruka, partly because I feel sympathy towards her. I think it was just really sad that she had to suffer even though she didn't do anything wrong. Another reason I chose Haruka was because I just dont like Mitsuki at all.
Omfgbbqwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 10:42   Link #235
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

OMG, what is wrong with you people! Blaming Mitsuki for the accident Haruki (or whatever) got into!

Did you ever had yourself in an accident or lost someone dearly, or wished an event never happened!? They weren't PLANNED, they were just happening in the essence of time, Mitsuki NEVER knew it would have happened to Haruka, she didn't planned it, and she certainly didn't want Haruka to be smashed and with that stupid truck!

The only thing I didn't like about Mitsuki, as Echoes said, is she slept with another man, which is their friend which makes it worse! But I find that 'friend' at fault, he knew Mitsuki was at mental retard state, so he shouldn't have agreed! Men are such lustful creatures, really!
Old 2007-09-04, 10:56   Link #236
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour View Post
OMG, what is wrong with you people! Blaming Mitsuki for the accident Haruki (or whatever) got into!

Did you ever had yourself in an accident or lost someone dearly, or wished an event never happened!? They weren't PLANNED, they were just happening in the essence of time, Mitsuki NEVER knew it would have happened to Haruka, she didn't planned it, and she certainly didn't want Haruka to be smashed and with that stupid truck!

The only thing I didn't like about Mitsuki, as Echoes said, is she slept with another man, which is their friend which makes it worse! But I find that 'friend' at fault, he knew Mitsuki was at mental retard state, so he shouldn't have agreed! Men are such lustful creatures, really!
No one is suggesting that she planned it out or anything, it was more an argument as to whether or not she was responsible, partially, for the accident. It's all coincidences of course, and no one meant any harm.

Shinji should of course have held back, and his actions are not excusable, but in his circumstances holding back was easier said than done.
I don't think Shinji was the kind of guy who was just out to get laid, it wasn't just lust that led to his actions, he had genuine feelings for Mitsuki, I believe.
Old 2007-09-12, 19:38   Link #237
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Talking about what if's is interesting but pointless, you might as well argue that HAD takayuki arrived on time, he and Haruka COULD have been both hit by the truck, or that Takayuki would have been hit by the truck, etc. The point is, no one is at fault by either common sense or law except for the driver of course. It was a accident, no one could have forseen it, if you believe in fate you can call it that or if not, an accident, such things happen in real life, I mean, am I at fault if me and my friends chose to trun right instead of left and 10 miles down that right road there was say a insane lunny and my friend was stabbed? Could I have forseen that happening? Same with those three, no one knew and no one was at fault.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 20:02   Link #238
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf View Post
Talking about what if's is interesting but pointless, you might as well argue that HAD takayuki arrived on time, he and Haruka COULD have been both hit by the truck, or that Takayuki would have been hit by the truck, etc. The point is, no one is at fault by either common sense or law except for the driver of course. It was a accident, no one could have forseen it, if you believe in fate you can call it that or if not, an accident, such things happen in real life, I mean, am I at fault if me and my friends chose to trun right instead of left and 10 miles down that right road there was say a insane lunny and my friend was stabbed? Could I have forseen that happening? Same with those three, no one knew and no one was at fault.
Ah, but talking about the "what-ifs" are what originally spawned the Special Fan Disc, and ultimately the new OVA, so I wouldn't state it's pointless
Old 2007-09-12, 20:25   Link #239
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
well, its useful in getting the company money if thats what you mean. As for the new OVA, I haven't heard anything beyond the inital stuff, anidb doesn't eve list it for some reason. I'm not sure if the OVA is going to be based off of the fan disk though, but for the purpose of the "main series" if you will, the if is not so much important as the consquence that followed the accident.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 10:06   Link #240
Sinful
Weirdo in the Bush!!

I have to say i much prefer Haruka, as does most peple it seems.

what shocked me is even the majority of females prefered her.
Sinful is offline   Reply With Quote