AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 04
Perfect 10 15 11.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 11.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 17.04%
7 out of 10 : Good 33 24.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 17.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 9.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 3.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.96%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-03, 21:14   Link #61
onepiecelover

^ok thats exxageration not 70% more like 30 but still I would rather have SOME filllers in anime eisodes as oppsed to entire filler episodes, we all know how that goes. I actually didnt hate this episode it was pretty good, they drag out the fight too much ( DBZ ? ), the background msic to me stil is the highlight and the animetion is not upto par compared to the first episode but I am not complaining
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 21:47   Link #62
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I actually enjoyed Gaara Deisera fight . Gaara was awesome and the way he was using his hands to control sand streams looked really cool as though he was playing an instrument .
Old 2007-03-04, 02:35   Link #63
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiecelover View Post
^ok thats exxageration not 70% more like 30 but still I would rather have SOME filllers in anime eisodes as oppsed to entire filler episodes, we all know how that goes.
I can't for the life of me understand people with that sentiment. I'd take filler I don't have to watch over filler I'm forced to watch any day of the week.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 03:56   Link #64
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
I can't for the life of me understand people with that sentiment. I'd take filler I don't have to watch over filler I'm forced to watch any day of the week.
does it really matter?

1) If they do it 100% w/out filler, they'll burn through the chapters fast, which will lead to complaining

2) When they do run out of chapters, then the bitching will commence about fillers and how they should of slowed down

3) I will compromise that some want them to do better w/ what they use for fillers in these manga story episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
The thing about Deidara taking 10 minutes to prepare those tiny birds was anime filler, to justify the terrible pacing. In the manga he did it in seconds.
that's so shocking...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 07:32   Link #65
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

How can it be fillers when the anime team is following the events of the manga?

The pacing in the Gaara vs Deidara fight could definitely be better but it´s definitely not as bad as some are trying to make it look.

And I´ve gotta say I´ve enjoyed the things they added to the 2nd bell test, the one we got in the manga was over before it started.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 10:24   Link #66
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
does it really matter?

1) If they do it 100% w/out filler, they'll burn through the chapters fast, which will lead to complaining

2) When they do run out of chapters, then the bitching will commence about fillers and how they should of slowed down

3) I will compromise that some want them to do better w/ what they use for fillers in these manga story episodes.
I'm not sure if you got my point. I want the filler to be 100% concentrated to its own arcs, with no filler whatsoever soiling the manga storyline (which is the reason Naruto is popular to begin with). I understand the need for filler, but if you put it all in seperate arcs you have the choice of not to watch it.

And then when all was said and done and the anime was complete, you could sit down and whatch through all all of the non-filler Naruto episodes in all their glory. But that, unfortunately, will forever be an unatainable dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
How can it be fillers when the anime team is following the events of the manga?
The scenes aren't complete filler per se, but there's certainly been a lot added to them. Especially the bell test, which is 90% filler. In the manga it consisted of Naruto creating his clone in midair pulling him out of the way of Kakashi's shurikens and Sakura's punch finding Kakashi in the ground, and that was it. After that it fast forwarded to Naruto and Sakura at night, complimenting Kakashi and trying to find his weakness. It was over in a single chapter, which is basically half an episode at most.
Old 2007-03-04, 10:25   Link #67
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Regarding Kakashi's Katon jutsu, the fire doesn't come from straight from the mouth. Go look at any time anyone has used it, like in the Sasuke flashback. The chakra comes from the mouth but it's actually ignited an inch or two out. So Kakashi just ignited the flame on the other side of his mask.
I don't know about that, Look for the Example of Nindaime Suiton Jutsu, that comes from the mouth; if you got what I was talking about when I said "thats as far I can explain what is happening Without getting banned", you understand what Im referring about the fire coming from within.
Old 2007-03-04, 11:10   Link #68
Nvenya

I agree with ShikaShika. I am not watching Shippuden now because they are mixing the manga with fillers. The pacing is horrible compared to the manga. At least before I had the option to skip all the filler (which I did).
Nvenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 13:42   Link #69
yinstro

the problem is not so much the filler existing, but teh crappy and lazyness of said fillers. Before they may add some stuff that never happened, but it was cool or interesting stuff. Sasuke using wires or etc. Now the filler is seeing kakashi jump back with the same animation 6 times in one episode. flashing to a fast handseal animation 7 times. which kind of defeated teh purpose in my mind, we sit and watch kakski take 20 seconds to do an ultra fast handseal. Basically the filler team has no imagination, they suck the life out of scenes, you can make an interesting fight with the tools people are already known to have. you dont have to make a water dragon look like trash.

The gaara fight seemed drawn out and over repeated, they definately made you think of sasori as a slow guy as well, when in the manga you felt like he was pretty fast with the bombs most the time. but really that part of teh fight wasnt that entertaining, even in the manga imo, i throw sand at you you fly blah blah.

I think the feeling you got in the manga was better shown in words, the manga cut most of teh showing of stuff implying they saw great many new skills and leveling up from all parties, and the fight went on for like all night or something i forget, It made it seem like although they were much improved kakashis skills were still higher. But all the filler seemed to make it clear what thier skills were, and outside the few things from the manga most those skills were barely above anything they did before.

All in all it wasnt a horrible episode, and if every thing that happens is new, its got to feell 2000x times better than teh old fillers. but the point is if you read the manga, most of those scenes looked better in your head than when they executed them, and the pacing was less gay.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 16:00   Link #70
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Since most have already been said, here's what I hoped for:

I waited 2 years for Naruto to "start" again, since the fillers were killing me, and it wasn't really Naruto anymore.
Now I got extremely excited over the end of fillers, and was looking forward to watch Naruto again (as it should be).
But ep3-4 really killed everything I was hoping for.
As someone said, its better than the previous fillers, but wtf, things move extremely slow.

here's a warning:
watch out! you might fall to sleep!

Everything thanks to the "filler" which i call it, since flying around in circles wasn't in the manga.

so bye-bye to all the "fast fighting scenes" since they will probably consist of hand seals and people running around in circles and/or staring at each others eyes.

And I was actually thinking they would do another filler arc, with all the new attacks n' shit all the characters will be able to do after the time-skip, instead of just showing naruto doing his all might rasengan in every f*****g episde.

All I want is Naruto being Naruto, and won't take back that shippuuden is 70% filler, cause that's what it is.

30% manga material since story is from the manga. They got manga scenes,
with all "pictures" from the manga.

70% filler since everything in between the "pictures" is made up crap of filler to drag the anime out, giving it it's slow pace.
Old 2007-03-04, 16:16   Link #71
tatami
back in black

wish kishi was in this forum and read all this stuff...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 16:19   Link #72
Jehuty

I don't know about that.

I don't think that the pacing of the anime was necessarily bad -- it could've been better, yeah, but it was still ok. I wonder if the Japanese audience complains about this as we all do in the forums.

The way Kakashi did the hand seals WAS silly though, and when he made the water dragon he totally reminded me of Shiryu in Saint Seiya -- his technique: Rozan Shoryuu Ha! I almost thought they just borrowed the animation from that series, hahah

The Gaara vs Deidara fight has been kept at a good pace -- sure, in the manga it was cooler but it was also much shorter. At least with this we see that the fight lasted a while, but I suppose that can have 2 meanings: 1) Gaara is strong to be able to stand an akatsuki member for so long, or 2) Deidara has been made much weaker for the sake of anime filling time.

Either way, I'm not entirely disappointed with the series so far. I just hope that the animation team doesn't prove me wrong.
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 21:43   Link #73
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
wish kishi was in this forum and read all this stuff...
Why would Kishimoto even care, he has no involvement with the anime. The anime holds nowhere near as high a status as the manga in Japan anyway, it's just a way to make money of kids. Again, the Japanese audience consists purely of kids half our age, so they don't complain.
Old 2007-03-04, 21:51   Link #74
xcad

maybe every anime starts out with extremely slow animation..

the animation team shld really look at this... kishi cant be blamed right? maybe we shld send this forum link to a.team.... itz good feedback..
xcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 22:26   Link #75
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

It all comes down to a matter of time and money, even a top animation team is constrained by a budget and a schedule. To produce really fast fluid motion requires more frames per/sec which in turn requires more animation cels and more time to create. My guess is, the only way you can achieve this without increasing expenses is to cut corners elsewhere like in the art used for the cels. Pre-timeskip, the episodes with the best animation(Sasuke vs. Oro, Lee vs. Gaara, Oro vs. Sarutobi) all had very stylized and undetailed drawing. Generally, I think the anime team prefers to keep a good level of detail in the art for most episodes rather than having amazing animation.

I've been satisfied with the anime so far. The bell test I don't really take seriously, that was mostly just added filler and there's no point having high expectations for it. It was a good attempt to expand on the manga even if it did look sketch in certain parts. I personally thought the fight between Gaara and Deidara moved at a good pace (esp. the part where Deidara is being pursued by Gaara's sand through the town) but it did slow down once Gaara became airborne, in the manga you got a sense of rapid movement at all times, but here it seemed sometimes like Deidara was just lazily gliding, attacking Gaara at leisure. Looking forward to the next episode though.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 01:40   Link #76
sayde

For a non-filler ep, I was expecting more from both the story and the episode itself. As of now, I'm feeling let down with regards to Naruto's progress.

*off topic*
I would include Sakura, but because she's probably my least favorite character in the series, I could care less over the progress she's made. Something about her just irritates the hell out of me and I doubt there's anything she could do for me to change the way I think about her character just short of sacrificing herself for a worthy cause.
</end>

I guess it's all my fault though for expecting way to much. I was hoping the way they'd get the bells from Kakashi would be a lot more interesting.

Remember the old fight between naruto/sasuke vs Zabuza? Remember how the two freed Kakashi from the water prison? I was expecting to see something like that again. A plan that would make say "wow, that was pretty clever". A plan that involved some real strategy; A plan that would out smart Kakashi at his best. Not some pathetic attempt at comic relief. Playing on his perverted habits is something that would never work on him in a real fight. That whole thing was just one major let down.

Other things I didn't like are things that have already been stated over and over again. Too many flashbacks, too many interruptions, lackluster animation, and I expected the fight between Gaara and Deidara to be much better than this.

Kakashi blowing fire w/ his mask on didn't bother me much. Considering all the other bs things Ninja's can do in this anime, I'm surprised it has become as much of an issue as it has. It seems just as logical/illogical as shinobi's making clones or summoning animals out of thin, or producing visible energy from their bodies, as well as the countless other jutsu's that are clearly fictional. IMO, that was the least of this episodes problems.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 03:30   Link #77
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Hell, Kakashi's insane handseals made this eps worth watching...since the Akatsuki dude part was boring.
Waiting patiently for next week, hoping to see more Konoha teenagers.
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 11:28   Link #78
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I personally thought the fight between Gaara and Deidara moved at a good pace (esp. the part where Deidara is being pursued by Gaara's sand through the town) but it did slow down once Gaara became airborne, in the manga you got a sense of rapid movement at all times, but here it seemed sometimes like Deidara was just lazily gliding, attacking Gaara at leisure. Looking forward to the next episode though.
That's why the ep was so cool. The battle started with a rather serene demeanor. It seemed....mature.
Old 2007-03-05, 13:15   Link #79
Mists

You know something's up when the episode thread replies decreases continuously...Especially when it was above manga thread replies for a bit. But that's not to say the manga is that much better off at the moment!
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 21:46   Link #80
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Gaara's control over the sand is even more controlled than it was 2 years ago. He also displayed a level of calmness during his fight that was kind of frighting.

A shinobi uses everything at his/her disposal. I loved how Sakura and Naruto finally got to Kakashi, the age ol saying comes into play here Know thy enemy. Frankly im a little surprised that Naruto used his head I guess im just not use to him thinking ahead.