Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-07, 17:21   Link #181
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Hell yeah

I don't know about you...but during the revenge scenes in eps 12-13 I had the biggest grin on my face EVER. If it wasn't midnight I would have been yelling "Yeah!!!! Harder! Waste Them!! OH HELL YEAH!!!" Those bitches had it comming, i was waiting for that. Too bad they didn't show much in the anime, I would have liked to see all the kills in their full manga glory.
Old 2007-06-05, 12:56   Link #182
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I skipped most of this thread since Im only half way through the series at the moment (the slow subbing of Bokurano led me to start watching this and Im enjoying it)

I remember reading something on this before Bokurano came out and its very misleading, epsc since the pic I saw was Shiina and Hoshimaru, I was like wtf...but after a while I figured I needed to feed my need for weird anime again so I decided to dl it. I have not read the manga so I dont know if it follows it or not, seems the Bokurano anime does and doesnt...but Im enjoying Narutaru so far ^^
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-06-20, 15:33   Link #183
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
I finished this series recently. I can't say I find it particularly good but it certainly was interesting. The high point for me was Hoshimaru's empty goggle-eyed stare.
No, seriously, it was ok. The animation was sub-par. I knew that the atmosphere wouldn't stay the same as in the first episode before watching. And while not actually violent the last two episodes it climaxed at provided some very disturbing imagery and themes. Most of the characters were interesting but then the big dismerit of the anime kicks in - that only half of the story of the manga was animated. We never get to know what the dragonets are, why they are there, important character background is left out.
And I have to say that I'm interested too find out what'll happen next and what everything is/was about anyway, so I guess I'll pick up the manga after volume 6.
Old 2008-05-28, 22:40   Link #184
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I heard this anime is really disturbing and out of the ordinary... even "changed the way i'll see kids"... so i was wondering if it is good enough considering the risk ? xD

I would appreciate some info / spoilers if anyone feels like writing too.
Old 2008-05-28, 23:05   Link #185
Echoes

I actually just wrote a post about Narutaru in the "most revolting anime scene you've ever seen" thread, which should give you an idea of what kind of stuff you'll see in the anime. It's not messed up all the time, or even most of the time, but that makes those disturbing moments all the more powerful when then do show up.

Here are some spoilers for the disturbing scenes: (some plots spoilers, but mostly just the disgusting stuff)
Spoiler for Episode 11-13 nastiness:

It's pretty disturbing, though Hoshimaru is pure lols. I guess I should mention that some parts of the anime are actually pretty good, it's not all killer lolis and insanity.
Old 2008-05-28, 23:13   Link #186
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
I heard this anime is really disturbing and out of the ordinary... even "changed the way i'll see kids"... so i was wondering if it is good enough considering the risk ? xD

I would appreciate some info / spoilers if anyone feels like writing too.
This show isn't too bad, it has some messed up moments though. The one thing you should be aware of is that there is no conclusion at all, so if you don't mind seeing half of a story with major cliffhangers then it might be worth checking out.
Old 2008-05-28, 23:32   Link #187
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Heh...NaruTaru...would you believe you could actually watch this not too long ago on digital cable on demand!? That's how I saw some of it. Yup, this show is disturbing and I made sure to watch it BEFORE eating...because I've heard the advice online. And the funny thing is, I didn't even see the last episodes. So my questions are:
Spoiler:

Another question: People say there are subtle hints of the serious themes that happen later on in the opening theme song alone. But even watching it, I couldn't figure it out. Could someone point out the specifics? That's such a twisted opening and ending for this show too btw. Way to throw you COMPLETELY off, eh?
Old 2008-05-28, 23:55   Link #188
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Heh...NaruTaru...would you believe you could actually watch this not too long ago on digital cable on demand!? That's how I saw some of it. Yup, this show is disturbing and I made sure to watch it BEFORE eating...because I've heard the advice online. And the funny thing is, I didn't even see the last episodes. So my questions are:
Spoiler:

Another question: People say there are subtle hints of the serious themes that happen later on in the opening theme song alone. But even watching it, I couldn't figure it out. Could someone point out the specifics? That's such a twisted opening and ending for this show too btw. Way to throw you COMPLETELY off, eh?
Let's see, I haven't really studied the opening or ending either, so I'm afraid I can't help you out there, but I can definitely answer your inquiries about the disturbing scenes. And yes, they do throw you off, right from the start. I mean, Hoshimaru is so darn funny-looking you'd expect the show to be about rainbows and lollipops.

Spoiler for Narutau 11-13:

I heard that they edited a lot of the manga's content for English releases, and even removed entire pages, I wonder if that could be the case for the broadcast you're speaking of as well? Of course, the manga is even worse from what I've heard.
Old 2008-05-29, 11:31   Link #189
Chiibi

Thanks for the info. I'll....probably steer clear since I'm quite squeamish about people eating disgusting things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I heard that they edited a lot of the manga's content for English releases, and even removed entire pages, I wonder if that could be the case for the broadcast you're speaking of as well? Of course, the manga is even worse from what I've heard.
That's dumb...they should just wrap it in plastic if it's that bad. I agree with what someone else said-don't license it if you can't release the orginal version!

I'm not sure if the anime version I saw was edited or not. I really don't think it was. On Demand anime never seems to be because it's not like a kid can just flip through channels and see it. You have to order it. This is the same program that offers Elfen Lied and Gantz so....yeeeah.

As for Narutaru scenes that make me think it was unedited...

Spoiler for anime:
Old 2008-05-29, 11:45   Link #190
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Hmmm... i find Higurashi 100 times more disturbing than Narutaru. There dont show any of the disgusting parts and when the girl got raped by her classmates the only things they showed was their shadows and the girl saying "Nooo" "Ouch" "Ow!!"....
Old 2008-05-29, 15:16   Link #191
Chiibi

Well I can't watch Higurashi either. Only that and Narutaru have been the two anime that give me a bad feeling when I watch them. It's hard to explain....but it's like "I should turn this off....this is freaky....I'm feeling ill and I should turn this off NOW" apprehensive kind of feeling. However I think I've stuck with Narutaru for seven or eight episodes. Higurashi, I couldn't get past three.

But an anime doesn't have to show everything to be disturbing. Sometimes the subtle things leave a bigger impact, if you know what I mean.
Old 2008-05-29, 23:15   Link #192
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Yeah i know but in the case of Higurashi i found myself pushing forward in almost each episode cause of the disturbing things that happens... although there was an explanation behind them, the way everything is explained and showed was scary and sometimes disgusting.

But in the case of Narutaru, specifically in the case of the worms and the test tube, i found it somehow easy to watch and understand. This might sound harsh but kids beings bullied or girls being raped are things that happen quite frequently, at least in my country.

It isnt the same having a "fantasy" creature killing ppl and watching little girls cutting ppl into pieces or stabbing herself in the head....
Closed Thread

Tags
sci-fi