AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 26 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 15.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 17.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-12, 00:48   Link #341
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Those who aren't aware yet, Yesy has long since subbed StrikerS

And personally, when I watched the episode they explained RF6's purpose, and the fact it was disbanded once that purpose was fulfilled made me go WTF!

Because even if Relics are all collected and/or sealed, and the ancient Belkan ship is destroyed, there are plenty of Lost Logia that could easily be dealt with by RF6 since they are an independent unit after all.

Unless I'm missing something @.@
Old 2007-11-12, 02:03   Link #342
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
And personally, when I watched the episode they explained RF6's purpose, and the fact it was disbanded once that purpose was fulfilled made me go WTF!

Because even if Relics are all collected and/or sealed, and the ancient Belkan ship is destroyed, there are plenty of Lost Logia that could easily be dealt with by RF6 since they are an independent unit after all.

Unless I'm missing something @.@

RF6 is an experimental group to begin with. They're not suppose to be Permanent... Making it alot easier to create.

All the Capt and Lt are all borrowed from the other divisions.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-11-12 at 02:59.
Old 2007-11-12, 02:14   Link #343
arkhangelsk

To be fair, if they thought that it was a success, they could always shuffle and make it permanent. Others disagree but my opinion is that a cold, objective review of the concept, as executed by its Author, has proved it to be less than a brilliant success.
Old 2007-11-12, 03:37   Link #344
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hey, I'm just happy that they stick to something they've said before, instead of making changes for 'happy' endings.
Old 2007-11-12, 10:36   Link #345
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
To be fair, if they thought that it was a success, they could always shuffle and make it permanent. Others disagree but my opinion is that a cold, objective review of the concept, as executed by its Author, has proved it to be less than a brilliant success.
To which author are you referring?
Old 2007-11-12, 10:55   Link #346
arkhangelsk

Yagami Hayate, of course.
Old 2007-11-12, 13:35   Link #347
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
I suppose yeah you're right.

but all in all, I felt the series could have developed the characters a lot better than they did. I mean sure we got to know the histories of some of the characters, but I don't feel that they grew all that much, or they constantly shift from one stage to another.

At least what's what I felt when I watched the series.

Did anyone else get that feeling?
Old 2007-11-12, 15:03   Link #348
Mirificus

Quote:
I agree with that then. RF6 never really worked well as a cohesive unit. At best, it operated in pairs and its officers seemed to have no idea of how to cooperate with each other nor how to get RF6's tactical subunits to work together. The Aces which represented the majority of the unit's combat power rarely trained together and couldn't train the way they would fight. The resulting unit was less than the sum of its parts.

I'm almost certain I saw more cooperation between Nanoha and Fate in the original OP of Strikers than in the rest of the show all together.
Old 2007-11-12, 15:27   Link #349
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
I agree with that then. RF6 never really worked well as a cohesive unit. At best, it operated in pairs and its officers seemed to have no idea of how to cooperate with each other nor how to get RF6's tactical subunits to work together. The Aces which represented the majority of the unit's combat power rarely trained together and couldn't train the way they would fight. The resulting unit was less than the sum of its parts.

I'm almost certain I saw more cooperation between Nanoha and Fate in the original OP of Strikers than in the rest of the show all together.
LOL That just gave me an idea of a fanfic ^^ Thank you.

And now that you put it that way, yeah a lot of the combat was pairs. From a tactical standpoint, there are a lot of flaws in the manner of deployment. I would comment on how some of the stronger characters can take on a multitude of Gadget Drones while others have to work in a large group, but then that would just be a losing argument on my part.

But in terms of the combat, it was either pairs or solo. While the battles themselves are cool, on the grand scheme...it's rather questionable, now that I think about it.
Old 2007-11-18, 04:05   Link #350
wtffmp111

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
I wish i could watch the ending to this fun show >_>
No you don't. Whatever you're imagining it to be is much better.

I'm a huge Fate/Nanoha fan, and even I thought it was a major letdown. Not in the sense that it was really happy or really sad, it was just really LAME.

This last episode basically sucked, the tension and the falling action was so not like a finale should be. Also, there are so many dangling plot lines it isn't even funny. They downplay the significance of the crisis of the whole series so much it makes you wonder "why did I watch this again?" All the characters are practically the same as in the beginning, it's a good thing Fate (and Nanoha) are so full of win that they don't even need to have a plot to be awesome to watch.

I gave this episode a low rating. Although I liked StrikerS as a whole, this final episode was just.... lame.
Old 2007-11-18, 04:10   Link #351
wtffmp111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Although I haven't read most of the StrikerS manga, they do seems to focus a lot on developing the characters in the manga version. The same can be said for the Sound Stages, which is really sad though because even though you're either reading or just listening to voices acting out a certain scene in the Sound Stages, you don't really get the whole emotional impact like you would watching it in the anime version. Although a lot of people did react to the whole 8 years ago event with Nanoha and Vita, even though it wasn't fully animated in the anime version...so I guess it can vary.
Char development you say? That sounds good to me, I might pick up the manga. Tell me, is there more development between Fate and Nanoha in the StrikerS manga? Is the story different (translation: any good)?
Old 2007-11-18, 04:23   Link #352
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtffmp111 View Post
Char development you say? That sounds good to me, I might pick up the manga. Tell me, is there more development between Fate and Nanoha in the StrikerS manga? Is the story different (translation: any good)?
90% of all NanohaFate fanservice are in the anime. The manga/SS are more balanced in portrayal (( Hayate doesn't feel so shafted, Fate hangs out with her vice-captain, etc etc etc )), but it's not like it's totally void of it, though don't come in with anime expectations where there's like fanservice for every episode except the last 6.

And the manga/SS are technically, **.5 episodes. The story is not different, they just fill the gaps the anime couldn't cover.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-11-18, 04:43   Link #353
wtffmp111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
90% of all NanohaFate fanservice are in the anime. The manga/SS are more balanced in portrayal (( Hayate doesn't feel so shafted, Fate hangs out with her vice-captain, etc etc etc )), but it's not like it's totally void of it, though don't come in with anime expectations where there's like fanservice for every episode except the last 6.

And the manga/SS are technically, **.5 episodes. The story is not different, they just fill the gaps the anime couldn't cover.
I wouldn't say there's NxF fanservice in the anime, it may be developed but it's not like they confess or kiss or anything. Manga sounds boring though if there's even less of my precious NxF material. :P
Old 2007-11-18, 04:47   Link #354
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I wouldn't say there's NxF fanservice in the anime, it may be developed but it's not like they confess or kiss or anything. Manga sounds boring though if there's even less of my precious NxF material. :P

Fanservice more or less means that it's not contributing to the plot -_- ...

So yeah, those are fanservice.
Old 2007-11-18, 04:48   Link #355
Tormenk

Quote:
The fact is there's plenty of it and definitely too much of it.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-11-18, 05:07   Link #356
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Them throwing smiles at each other, giving each other a "ganbatte" pep-talk, Vivio, Fate sounding worried over Nanoha, them shown to be sharing a bed, etc etc etc...

Stuff like that are enough to satisfy the lower-tier NF fans.

The BIGGEST problem with StrikerS's NFanservice isn't that it's there, it's that it's the same old thing. Them smiling, being worried, blahblah at each other. Vivio's inclusion didn't exactly add substance to that, just added a thin layer of fluff over it in which Fate's link to any emotional context with Vivio is close to none.

And manga is only boring if you value 'NF' style over 'substance'.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-11-19, 04:00   Link #357
wtffmp111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Them throwing smiles at each other, giving each other a "ganbatte" pep-talk, Vivio, Fate sounding worried over Nanoha, them shown to be sharing a bed, etc etc etc...

Stuff like that are enough to satisfy the lower-tier NF fans.

The BIGGEST problem with StrikerS's NFanservice isn't that it's there, it's that it's the same old thing. Them smiling, being worried, blahblah at each other. Vivio's inclusion didn't exactly add substance to that, just added a thin layer of fluff over it in which Fate's link to any emotional context with Vivio is close to none.

And manga is only boring if you value 'NF' style over 'substance'.
If I wanted nothing but substance I'd watch Honey and Clover....

It's only fanservice if you consider it a bad pairing imo. Is it fan service in every other anime when 2 characters smile at each other/give each other pep talks? Or just when it's of the same sex? :/ I don't see what the big deal with them being a couple is.

Personally, I consider fanservice shit like the naked transformations, (and moving on to F.S. in any given anime) panty shots (especially when they draw it fluffy and so that it sticks out), nearly naked shots, sex/H scenes, hot spring episodes (lol), etc etc.....

2 characters shown to be sharing the same bed (but not showing them doing anything in it) or smiling at each other isn't very good fanservice. :X I demand my money back! Give us some *real* NxF fanservice
Old 2007-11-19, 04:10   Link #358
Tormenk

Quote:

It's only fanservice if you consider it a bad pairing imo. Is it fan service in every other anime when 2 characters smile at each other/give each other pep talks? Or just when it's of the same sex? :/ I don't see what the big deal with them being a couple is.

Personally, I consider fanservice shit like the naked transformations, (and moving on to F.S. in any given anime) panty shots (especially when they draw it fluffy and so that it sticks out), nearly naked shots, sex/H scenes, hot spring episodes (lol), etc etc.....

2 characters shown to be sharing the same bed (but not showing them doing anything in it) or smiling at each other isn't very good fanservice. :X I demand my money back! Give us some *real* NxF fanservice
The fanservice is there whether you regard it as proper fanservice or not.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-11-19, 04:18   Link #359
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Heh? And I thought it was the substance in those two characters that first attracted you to them ?

Quote:
Depends.

Are those two character also being labelled as the most favorite couple by a large number of the fans of that series? Is their pep talks and smiling in suspicious matter to each other in any way progessing the story?

Quote:
Generally yes, but technically speaking, fanservice is also anything that pleases or amuses the fans... Or at least attempts to.

Quote:
The shocking truth? This is as real as it gets.
"Usoda!"
But from your words, would you say that Nanoha and Fate's relationship hasn't progress one bit throughout this entire season ? And that it's no different than where they left off in A's ?

P.S - Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention, the simple act of just sharing the same bed is fanservice.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-11-19 at 04:32.
Old 2007-11-21, 03:36   Link #360
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Too many to quote, so I'll just say my bits and pieces concerning this.

Someone had mentioned how the last episode was weak. That was too true. If anything, they could have left it hanging, to leave room for an OVA to finally pick up on the tension, and maybe expand a bit on the ending.

The N/F pairing hardly grew. Hell it didn't even seem like their relationship changed at all from their days as children in A's. I don't think that I have to even ask if anyone else has even noticed that. I've only got one word concerning the development of their relationship: Static.

I mean c'mon, they sleep in the same bed, BUT ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF IT!!! If anything, the should be doing one of two things:

1: Share the middle of the bed
2: Share one side of the bed

Because that was a bummer.

Although yes the smiles and such was cute, I really wondered why the hell they developed the bond between Nanoha and Fate so much during Nanoha and A's, and yet when StrikerS came along, their relationship was shafted, along with the notion of character development for all of them.

One getting physically stronger is one thing, but in real life, the real strength and growth comes from within their personalities. As far as I could tell, WHAT GREW?!!! Oh sure their limiters were removed giving them access to the best attacks, techniques and abilities, but what's the point if nothing but a near mindless automaton (sorry to any Subaru and Ginga fans) are the ones in control of those powers?

Erio and Caro I felt got shafted the most. Considering as kids what they go through, you'd think they'd have major, MAJOR, issues with the battles they go through. Even during the first mission, there should have been some sort of shock to them, considering kids their age aren't even on the bloody battlefield. They should be in a state in which their minds are probably going on about their first combat, how they could've done better, what they shouldn't have done, etc. etc.

Subaru and Tiana during their first combat I could somewhat understand, because they're trained professionals, and would have an easier time at the very least accepting what had happened. Their training would allow them to do that, however, Erio and Caro do not have that luxury. As far as I understand, even going through the traumatic events in their lives, one of the greater traumas of life is entering combat. That should have been taken into consideration, when the authors bloody well threw them into battle, SOLO!!!

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SENDS OUT CHILDREN!!! REGARDLESS OF WHO OR WHAT THEY ARE!!! Seriously, one of the 2ICs (2nd In Commands) should have dropped down with those two and at the very least keep an eye on them, letting them do their thing. Seriously, what commander in their right mind (stupid on Nanoha's and Fate's part) would send out rookies on their own?!!! If the commanders can't do the job, THAT'S WHAT 2ICs ARE FOR!!!!

Oh man...I'm going out on a limb here...but then again...I'M NOT DONE!! XD

Here's something that really bothered me...WHY THE HELL ONLY TWO CHARACTERS DIED!!!! I mean seriously, only Regius and Zest died in this series! Bloodshed was kept on a down low until those two died.

And another thing, WHY WAS IT ONLY JAIL WHO WAS THE ENEMY?!!! In real life, there would've been a shitload of other problems Unit 06 should have been handling, such as smugglers, poachers, regular thieves, other wanted criminals, and all the other joyous stuff any force would have to deal with.

I mean c'mon, there was only one major disaster prior to the grand attack by Jail, and even then, that was 4 YEARS AGO anime time.

And I think I'm done.

Overall the series was nice, but flaws really adorned the series. There are some flaws in Nanoha and A's I could easily point out, but then again, they're minor in comparison to the semi-disappointment StrikerS came out as.

Although...some of my comments are probably unwarranted, but those are just my opinions. Feel free to counter-argue them or refute them. I'm just basing some of these from my experiences as a Cadet NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer) and from just trying to ground my fanfics in some semblance of reality, combat and life wise.
Closed Thread