AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-24, 12:26   Link #21
Iron Maw
Banned

Looking forward to this despite my somewhat waning interest in the manga. If we're only just getting an OVA for now then I really wonder how popular the manga is...
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 12:38   Link #22
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You guys should take the Shuffle talk to the right place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Looking forward to this despite my somewhat waning interest in the manga. If we're only just getting an OVA for now then I really wonder how popular the manga is...
I am curious what the sales are for the manga.
Old 2010-03-24, 13:01   Link #23
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I am curious what the sales are for the manga.
I don't have the figures on me now, but I'm pretty sure that a volume of the manga manages to get around ~40k on its first week, which is pretty okay. It is not one of the most popular titles which usually get 100k+ on their first week, but it doesn't undersell like the lesser known ones (or ones without an anime).

Really glad that they are making an anime of this (even if it is just an OVA for now(?)) the staff doesn't look bad, but I really want to see the cast.
Old 2010-03-24, 13:06   Link #24
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
You guys should take the Shuffle talk to the right place.
The early discussion was more on the premise how the show would be, in contrast with Shuffle, because both shows share the same direction. Past that, the discussion shouldn't go on, certainly, but the premise and first posts weren't off topic, to some extent.

If I were to deliberately discuss about that direction regarding Mirai Nikki only, I would say that I'm not so secure regarding how the direction might go on: sure, Yuuno steals the show, but I hope not to the point that would just steal everyone else spotlight

That being said, if we consider this series got a OAD, it is already a good sign. Well, we might as well wait how good volume 11 is sold due to this.
Old 2010-03-24, 13:41   Link #25
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The early discussion was more on the premise how the show would be, in contrast with Shuffle, because both shows share the same direction. Past that, the discussion shouldn't go on, certainly, but the premise and first posts weren't off topic, to some extent.
Shuffle talk can easily get out of hand...so yeah.

Quote:
If I were to deliberately discuss about that direction regarding Mirai Nikki only, I would say that I'm not so secure regarding how the direction might go on: sure, Yuuno steals the show, but I hope not to the point that would just steal everyone else spotlight
We spoke about Yuuno in the manga thread and she is one main character that truly makes the series what it is. There are some series which can do without a main character, this is not one of them.
Old 2010-03-24, 14:16   Link #26
Falkor

I cannot really imagine Mirai Nikki without Yuuno. I mean, she is the only one reason why I've been following this manga so far.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 08:10   Link #27
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I am looking forward to the OVA. I was not really expecting an OVA, thought there would be a bigger chance of them doing a live action series like so many these days...

As with their past direction with Shuffle!, I did enjoyed the Kaede arc, it was the rest of the anime that was meh.
Old 2010-03-26, 10:30   Link #28
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I cannot really imagine Mirai Nikki without Yuuno. I mean, she is the only one reason why I've been following this manga so far.
- -Inserts Paradox - -

All jokes aside, OMG ITS ABOUT TIME! School of the dead and now Mirai Niki~~! This will wash the horrid trash the last semester puked out. Im looking at you Chu Bra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
I am looking forward to the OVA. I was not really expecting an OVA, thought there would be a bigger chance of them doing a live action series like so many these days...

As with their past direction with Shuffle!, I did enjoyed the Kaede arc, it was the rest of the anime that was meh.
Live Action!? Ugh, makes me wonder how they are going to replicate the paper rain scene when there are rarely any box shaped schools of that stature.

I thought shuffle was complete and utter waste of space, nothing memorable except for that nutty yandere arc.
Old 2010-04-22, 19:29   Link #29
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

My main fear is that if it's just an ova they'll probably just animate the first chapter, which means I won't get to see Minene Uryuu.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 20:21   Link #30
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
My main fear is that if it's just an ova they'll probably just animate the first chapter, which means I won't get to see Minene Uryuu.
The promotion banner image had a character design for Minene in her dress, so my guess is that they plan to animate the first volume of the manga.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 10:56   Link #31
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

They could always animate paradox or mosaic for their test box.

edit: guess that's not the case.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 12:02   Link #32
Ashaman

If they do do a full anime, how do you think they would fit in Paradox though? If they decided to i mean.

Mosaic is easy enough. Flashbacks and padding. Canical and awesome padding mind you.

Paradox would be harder becasue its an alt universe.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 16:53   Link #33
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The promotion banner image had a character design for Minene in her dress, so my guess is that they plan to animate the first volume of the manga.
Holy fudge! Thanks for this!
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 18:23   Link #34
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
If they do do a full anime, how do you think they would fit in Paradox though? If they decided to i mean.

Mosaic is easy enough. Flashbacks and padding. Canical and awesome padding mind you.

Paradox would be harder because it's an alt universe.
OVA's? Frankly that's how I'd prefer for them to handle Mosaic and Paradox. In fact, Mosaic would make nice DVD specials. I'd rather them not squeeze Mosaic flashbacks into the main story to give as much room as possible for the plot.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 23:10   Link #35
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

They'll test the waters with the OVA. If it fairs well, it'd probably get a full anime series.
Old 2010-04-29, 14:44   Link #36
Marion
The Great Dine

Mosaic and Paradox shouldn't be made into OVAs so hastily - Paradox especially, considering that the lead character for that miniseries doesn't even appear until halfway through the series and probably won't be featured in this OVA pilot.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 21:37   Link #37
witchbane

It's a shame that it's a monthly series. I can't wait for the anime to come out.
witchbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 23:13   Link #38
jin jin5000

inb4lotsofcuttingoutgore
making it less awesome :<
jin jin5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 13:33   Link #39
Katapan
俺様祭り

The OAD will be coming out this December, according to Manga-News, backed up with this picture showing the anime designs:

Who are these characters, I wonder~?
Not feeling this character design at all.
Old 2010-06-24, 13:42   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
The OAD will be coming out this December, according to Manga-News, backed up with this picture showing the anime designs:

Who are these characters, I wonder~?
Not feeling this character design at all.
Hmm? A completely new setting and all new characters?

...Joke aside, yeah, I can't really say the art fits the Mirai Nikki atmosphere much. Especially the close-ups of the face. I seriously couldn't tell who they were in the close-ups.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen