AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 17 25.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 23.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 37.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-18, 08:46   Link #81
Solafighter
Hige

Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2007-11-18, 08:47   Link #82
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Spoiler for episode 7:
For three times
Old 2007-11-18, 08:50   Link #83
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Bleh I would have much preferred it if she just ran over there and belted Sana. I guess we have a lot of cold shoulder's and angsting to look forward to.

Unless of course this is just a convenient plot device to allow Nanaka to get her feelings over to Sana....
Old 2007-11-18, 09:05   Link #84
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Unless of course this is just a convenient plot device to allow Nanaka to get her feelings over to Sana....
That's what the red postbox is for.
Old 2007-11-18, 09:07   Link #85
Larcx
Zetsubou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For three times
will Sana end Up like Makoto(School Days)?
kana?? kana??!
Old 2007-11-18, 11:11   Link #86
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

Interesting and a good episode. We got to see more Shuri and Kaji-san , omg such a scary lady....
Old 2007-11-18, 13:55   Link #87
Saleh
Inactive

Nanaka seems to have improved a lot and is more cheerful in this time. Did someone notice that she was humming the same song she played for Sana when they were kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
What situation? I think I am missing something
Her tragic past (speculation), her family background, her current guardian (her uncle) and careless actions of Sana whom she considers to be everything she has left in the world (speculation) makes her condition more delicate than usual. It took Sana less than a minute to almost destroy it (much less than Kaede scenario).

We will find out soon enough. It looks like Shuu is finally going to reveal something about Nanaka's past to Sana and Sana doesn't seems to be happy about it. Even though Yuzuki sensei has a childish personality, she can give very mature advices when someone needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcx View Post
will Sana end Up like Makoto(School Days)?
kana?? kana??!
Sana will never end up like Makoto. Makoto was a jerk while Sana is a nice guy. Nanaka will blame poor Asami for everything that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Spoiler for episode 7:
What else can we hope for when Sana and Asami went to bury the cat near Nanaka's residence?

Another cooldown episode after next one?
Old 2007-11-18, 21:39   Link #88
Ishe

Shuri was completely out of line with her comments about her stepmother (right in front of her, no less). If I or my sisters had said something like that about our stepmother, there likely wouldn't have been any regret accompanying that slap.
Old 2007-11-18, 22:29   Link #89
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishe View Post
Shuri was completely out of line with her comments about her stepmother (right in front of her, no less). If I or my sisters had said something like that about our stepmother, there likely wouldn't have been any regret accompanying that slap.
Noteworthy points for that scene were -

- Syuri's dad loves her alot. He gave her a stern warning before he slapped her even though she had crossed the line before that happened.

- Syuri's step-mom (Sayuka) seems to be used to her attitude (she also cares about her step daughter to an extent). Her face didn't register any emotion even syuri made those harsh comments and allegations against her.

- Syuri's step-mom hasn't taken any initiative to reduce friction between her and her new children.

- Syuri feels that her dad is trying to erase her mothers memories.

- Syuri will continue to oppose her parents until they (especially her step mom) take initiative to understand her and calm her down.
Old 2007-11-19, 04:47   Link #90
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Well not a bad episode but i hope they speed things up soon because it is already the seventh episode and nothing much seem to be happening.

I wonder if Shuusuke thinks the same as Shuri.Her father and his wife doesn't look matching at all.At least in this episode i got to see more chibi Shuusuke which in a way satisfy me more or less.I dont feel comfortable with the way Nanaka look in the last scene.Ever since School Days i have been developing phobia watching romance animes.But with the arrival of ef episode 7,i think i can overlook this one
Old 2007-11-19, 05:50   Link #91
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Is it only me or does it seem that Asami is a freaking stalker? I mean, not that it's wrong or anything (I would love to have a kind-hearted cutie stalking me), but everywhere Sana goes it's like, "Oh Sana-kun? You're here too?" Uh hu, sure Asami, you just "accidentally/coincindentaly" bumped into Sana

As for the School Days remark...*shudder*...I don't ever want to read/hear those words in that context ever. After KGNE and Kanon 2006, I can't stand anymore tragic events. Thank God I had the whole series of AMG. I would've went emo if it weren't for Belldandy.

And yes, that lady needs to die. Not cruely, but painlessly and mercifully.
Old 2007-11-19, 07:07   Link #92
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
I didn't think Shuri was going out of line with her comments. She was describing facts and her opinion on these. She has no obligation to accept her step-mother and doesn't owe her anything. She's just a stranger living in her house after all.
Old 2007-11-19, 08:20   Link #93
Disaresta

She also did not have the right to insult her like that. I think Shuri was way too harsh with her words. I mean, the stepmother didn't even provoke/reprimand her or anything, and yet Shuri just brought her into the argument and started insulting her out of the blue.
Old 2007-11-19, 12:39   Link #94
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
She was complaining about her being there, which is rightful. I may have to rewatch it but I don't remember Shuri pulling her into the argument nor requesting her feedback on her opinion. She treated her as being transparent. It's quite ok with me.
Old 2007-11-19, 13:43   Link #95
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well there must be a lot of background information we are missing here so i wouldnt cross off shuri for being totally unreasonable...perhaps she has been keeping those feelings locked up for all this time and so just let everything out being unable to control her views anymore.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-19, 14:21   Link #96
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

My view on Shuri's outburst:

I do understand why Shuri would have those feelings against her step-mom. It's totally rational that she would hate her and treat her in that way. Who wouldn't? Some "stranger" is trying to replace your "real" mom. So, I can understand why Shuri would have such an outburst.

However, I also do think that it is very out-of-line for Shuri to treat her step-mom in that manner.
Old 2007-11-19, 17:20   Link #97
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post

I do understand why Shuri would have those feelings against her step-mom. It's totally rational that she would hate her and treat her in that way. Who wouldn't? Some "stranger" is trying to replace your "real" mom. So, I can understand why Shuri would have such an outburst.

However, I also do think that it is very out-of-line for Shuri to treat her step-mom in that manner.
You can't assume that yet. Perhaps Shuri was right and that her stepmom is really in it for the money. As far as social ettiquette goes that outburst is out of line but in terms of Shuri's feelings certainly that would seem normal. When a child's mother dies and is replaced by a stepmother, there obviously would be some resentment.
Old 2007-11-19, 17:47   Link #98
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
It's good that the show tries to break conventions because family matters are usually held close to the heart in most East Asian countries. In any case, you see these kinds of outburst in most western Live Action series, and it seems to be accepted that these outbursts are more an expression of underlying dissatisfaction rather than a genuine dislike of the step parent
Old 2007-11-19, 20:14   Link #99
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
You can't assume that yet. Perhaps Shuri was right and that her stepmom is really in it for the money. As far as social ettiquette goes that outburst is out of line but in terms of Shuri's feelings certainly that would seem normal. When a child's mother dies and is replaced by a stepmother, there obviously would be some resentment.
Uh, thats what I said...or atleast I thought I said...
Old 2007-11-20, 00:45   Link #100
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post

But before this episode, Shuri was always wise and caring about others. She always gives the bog picture, like remember when she picked Sana to be the class head so he and nanaka will be together and the river trip..etc ... I mean she is not that kind of person who will attack someone without no reason.

I think there is something happened to her because of her stop mother. Maybe her father got married immediately after her mother dead, so she thinks that her father does not care about her mother death because of this women or she know that her father had a relation with her because her mother dead.
Closed Thread