AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-03, 18:50   Link #1
D2
Go Big Red!

Aria or Aqua?

Hello, I am currently trying to find a birthday present for my sister who says that she quite enjoys the type of easygoing plot that this group of series has. My question is, should I get her the first volume of Aria, or the first volume of Aqua? Or should I just get another volume of either of these series? Thanks!

EDIT: Basically, which series is better written and drawn? Which series should I spend money on, if I can only get one volume?

Last edited by D2; 2009-09-03 at 20:59.
Old 2009-09-03, 19:34   Link #2
escimo
Paparazzi

I'd start with Aqua since it's where the story begins. It's fairly episodic but still jumping to Aria directly, you'd be skipping the character introductions and quite a bit of background knowledge.
Old 2009-09-03, 23:09   Link #3
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Meaning, Aqua is a prequel to Aria. So if you feel the beginning/introduction isn't too important, you can go ahead with Aria. If not, Aqua. Haven't read either Aqua or Aria yet so i can't tell you if there is a big difference between the two, however.

Last edited by Nochgo; 2009-09-03 at 23:32.
Old 2009-09-04, 14:21   Link #4
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Meaning, Aqua is a prequel to Aria. So if you feel the beginning/introduction isn't too important, you can go ahead with Aria. If not, Aqua. Haven't read either Aqua or Aria yet so i can't tell you if there is a big difference between the two, however.
Well not so much a prequel. Aria anime is based on both Aqua and Aria mangas. In my opinion Aria vol. 1 could have just as well been Aqua vol. 3 and should be taken as one.
Closed Thread