AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-09-12, 09:18   Link #21
BanishingBook

^ - I've no time for Brave and the Bold, but that too is nice. Just stay away from anything Jeff Matsuda. Hahaha lol
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 13:10   Link #22
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I loled at the Wonder Woman movie since she uses the sword more rather than her lasso. It's similar to the JL cartoon and Superman Doomsday ova. Batman Brave and the Bold got better episodes later on. Wolverine & the Xmen had a slightly predictable ending. Green Lantern animation movie stays true to the origins of Hal Jordan, though it would seem it's a promo to buy the latest comic Blackest Night. I still have to get my hands on Superman Batman Public Enemies though... =/
Old 2009-09-12, 13:20   Link #23
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I couldn't get used to the Brave and the Bold since Kevin Conroy didn't voice Batman.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 13:21   Link #24
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I liked the Brave and the Bold as well, a change of pace from the more serious Batman series we're used to. I feel like Batman and Batman-related characters always outshine the other DC heroes, especially in the Justice League (+Unlimited) series.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 13:23   Link #25
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Who is Jeff Matsuda? Japanese doing comics? Teen Titans?
Go to hell!

I want to watch some DC movie, which one is the best? Superman Batman Public Enemies seems to be good, with Batman and Superman! Green Lantern seems different from the one in Justice League!

Shayera x John (yeah there is a Diana x Bruce too )

I will try The brave and the Bold, but I prefer "mature" serie!
Old 2009-09-12, 13:26   Link #26
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I think they chose one of the lesser known Green Lanterns for JL, Hal Jordan is the most famous one I believe.
Old 2009-09-12, 13:30   Link #27
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Superman Batman Public Enemies will be available at the 29 I think of September. Can't wait to get my hands on that!

It's based on the Superman/Batman comics which is a 6 mini-series volume which has the tag line "When Clark Met Bruce" which I know some might think it's gay a gay tag line. But seriously it's somewhat of a revamp of their origins. The animation of "S/B PE" is similar to the comics.
Old 2009-09-12, 13:38   Link #28
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Oh it's not out already! Superman and Batman?
"Hello BRUCE WAYNE"
"Oh my god, you use your power on me!!! CLARK KENT!!!"

About Green Lantern, I don't know who is Hal Jordan lol, only know Stewart. Well, Green Lantern is not popular in France (I think ).
Old 2009-09-12, 16:08   Link #29
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
About Green Lantern, I don't know who is Hal Jordan lol, only know Stewart. Well, Green Lantern is not popular in France (I think ).

^Hal Jordan is the one in the middle.

Hal Jordan is the second Green Lantern published but is the one most recognized. John Stewart is the fourth published.

A lot of fans complained that putting John Stewart as a member of the Justice League instead of Hal Jordan was just to put a black guy on the team. The creator, Bruce Timm, did confirm that, saying that Stewart brought more diversity to the team, but he also thought Stewart was the more interesting character.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-03-28 at 18:01.
Old 2009-09-12, 20:27   Link #30
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

I felt like John was a good addition to the pantheon of G.Ls. And I thought they did have Hal Jordan in the Lanturn movie, but I haven't seen it so I don't know for sure.

Edit* by the way I'm a very big Marvel/DC fan. Justice league Unlimited is probably my favorite DC series, and Xmen Evolution is my favorite marvel series. Of cours the 90's Xmen had the best theme song!
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 22:40   Link #31
BanishingBook

I think John is a good addition to the League instead of putting Hal or Kyle on it. I personally think it wasn't about race and it really does add a uniqueness to the league, comics or animation-wise.

I hope we are seeing that Worlds collide video anytime early next year, I'm itching to know how the multiverse came to be in Justice League Unlimited. Ohhh I want to see Superboy Prime animated, probably with him playing the big bad role. Grrr that emo bastard!!!
Old 2009-09-12, 22:57   Link #32
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
Ohhh I want to see Superboy Prime animated, probably with him playing the big bad role. Grrr that emo bastard!!!
But will he be as impressionable on the audience without killing and maiming some of the Teen Titans ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 23:05   Link #33
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Oh it's not out already! Superman and Batman?
"Hello BRUCE WAYNE"
"Oh my god, you use your power on me!!! CLARK KENT!!!"
Just a couple of weeks more it'll be in stores.

Epic thread! Thanks for making this for Marvel and DC cartoon fans alike!

And yes John Stewart brings something interesting, since if we kept Hal Jordan continuously it will be the same thing again which fans might think it gets too old. Which why probably they focused on Guy Gardner on BBB(Batman Brave and the Bold) series, though Hal and the Lantern corps did make a small appearance in the beginning against Kanjar Ro. Speaking of the animation of BBB seems having different directors for the series doesn't change much that the action scenes are still quite similar to BTAS.

Batman in blue for now for a change of pace. Though like Bob Kane said, it's better for Batman to have that Dark Knight origin, but he doesn't mind the campy side either.

EDIT:

Also if ever they animate Super(EMO) Boy prime, they' probably go back to the roots of the real Teen Titans. Gotta wonder though will it be Red Robin(Tim Drake) or NightWing(Dick Grayson) will be the leader.
Old 2009-09-12, 23:57   Link #34
BanishingBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
But will he be as impressionable on the audience without killing and maiming some of the Teen Titans ?
Well no obviously, but I think he has to kill and maim, it's not Super-"forever"-boy emo prime without his recklessness and insensitivity... or let's leave that to the writers' imagination. And since it's a direct-to-dvd I think we can have the fury violence action
Old 2009-09-13, 00:57   Link #35
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In Green Lantern 1st Flight we get alot of violent stuff which is great to see in an American animation studio.

Superman Doomsday we also get blood, but no impaling and no one gets their head sliced off like in the Wonder Woman origin movie.

Batman Gotham Knight though we get strong languages, gore, blood and awesome animation since it's done by different Japanese directors, which we see different pov's of Batman. Also hearing the commentary they always comment about how BGK backgrounds of Gotham City are so magnificently done and the animation is spectacular.

So note to U.S. animation studio's take note that making another Batman series, have more detail on Gotham City since it's another character in the Batman series.

Will wait for the Ironman and Wolverine movie if they give the same awesome detailed bg's BGK did.
Old 2009-09-13, 01:14   Link #36
BanishingBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
In Green Lantern 1st Flight we get alot of violent stuff which is great to see in an American animation studio.

Superman Doomsday we also get blood, but no impaling and no one gets their head sliced off like in the Wonder Woman origin movie.

Batman Gotham Knight though we get strong languages, gore, blood and awesome animation since it's done by different Japanese directors, which we see different pov's of Batman. Also hearing the commentary they always comment about how BGK backgrounds of Gotham City are so magnificently done and the animation is spectacular.

So note to U.S. animation studio's take note that making another Batman series, have more detail on Gotham City since it's another character in the Batman series.

Will wait for the Ironman and Wolverine movie if they give the same awesome detailed bg's BGK did.
I didn't like Gotham Knight that much. They made Bruce a bishonen. I roll my eyes each time I remember how he looks.
Old 2009-09-13, 02:06   Link #37
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

While not DC or Marvel, the Spawn animated series from 10 years ago was rather gory I believe, but that aired on and was produced by HBO. And well. . . it's Spawn. They're making new series about Spawn if anyone is interested.

Gotham Knight was alright, but not that great imo. The only section I truely liked was Crossfire by Production I.G. It's the one where Crispus Allen and Anna Ramirez get stuck in the middle of a mob fight between the Russian and Sal Maroni.

Oh, and all the Batmans were voiced by Kevin Conroy. That was a plus.

-------------------------------------

The Black Panther is getting his own show this year in stop motion comic form(saw a rough-cut trailer and I didn't like it) and Thor has a 26 episode animated series scheduled for released late by 2010. Both by Marvel.

http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?...ullnews&id=131

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-09-13 at 03:08.
Old 2009-09-13, 05:12   Link #38
Albafica
Pisces no saint

About Stewart, I love his personality, he's cool . I don't know Hal Jordan so I will not say anything about him. But is he in the Green Lantern movie? I will try to get this movie .

I watch 6 episodes of Justice league Unlimited and it wasn't good at all! No more story in 2 episodes, too much comedy (Zatana/kids batman, Wonderwoman, Superman, lantern/Supergirl...), boring ennemies...
New heros are not very interesting, I would prefer to have episodes with the original Justice League. There are too much heros now, it will be difficult to develop all of them... In an episode, there is a new character who is a detective, look like a clone of Batman .

Superboy, Supergirl OMG, I don't like this kind of character... But hey, Superboy is a bad guy?

I don't really like Fun (blue) Batman, I would prefer a dark serie... But I think the audience would not be as good as Batman The Brave and the Bold...
Too bad!

I watched Batman Gotham Knight, I was a bit disappointed...

Quote:
Gotham Knight was alright, but not that great imo. The only section I truely liked was Crossfire by Production I.G. It's the one where Crispus Allen and Anna Ramirez get stuck in the middle of a mob fight between the Russian and Sal Maroni.
It is my best episode too.

Quote:
They're making new series about Spawn if anyone is interested.
Oh I liked Spawn when I was a child , it's a good serie. I'm interested .
Old 2009-09-13, 11:59   Link #39
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
In an episode, there is a new character who is a detective, look like a clone of Batman .
I think you're referring to the Question. He is possibly the only DC hero with better detective skills than Batman, and he is one of my favorites from JLU.
Old 2009-09-13, 12:59   Link #40
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah it's a cool character, I love detective episodes. But I would like to see Batman have this skill . His design is very disturbing... no face :/.

Well, Question (a strange name ) is a bit... how to say...paranoiac no?