AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: What Was Your Favorite Episode Of Suzumiya Haruhi
Episode 1 21 7.58%
Episode 2 11 3.97%
Episode 3 1 0.36%
Episode 4 5 1.81%
Episode 5 5 1.81%
Episode 6 4 1.44%
Episode 7 1 0.36%
Episode 8 0 0%
Episode 9 16 5.78%
Episode 10 42 15.16%
Episode 11 24 8.66%
Episode 12 86 31.05%
Episode 13 5 1.81%
Episode 14 56 20.22%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-23, 10:03   Link #161
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
i'm with the majority, Live A live. buuut for other reasons besides the concert too. it was the most melancholic episode in the series, imho. (no, rainy ep was just boring). and i have a hunch it was one of the most realistic portayals of a school fest, which was refreshing. no crazy antics with distorted faces...
i got the urge to rewatch it again, damn.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
Old 2010-03-26, 21:13   Link #162
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
I wanted to wait to see the DVD release of Tameki V before I came to a conclusion as to which episode was my favorite and now I can easily say that it is my favorite episode with Mysterique Sign and Tameki IV shortly behind it.

Tameki V features so many things that I love about the series. It continues the theme of the supernatural occurring in real life from Yuutsu and ramps up the quirkiness of said supernatural. We have contacts shooting spikes, BB guns shooting water blasts, a talking male calico cat, and to top it all, the solution is to simply put a disclaimer that all the events occurring are fiction. Such a clever solution to a troubling problem. The episode begins the plot hook that each SOS Brigade member has their own interests at stake, plus the fact that Kyon cannot fully trust any Brigade member besides Haruhi is revealed.

Tameki V does suffer from the problem that the original novel suffers from as well. The story ends abruptly after the big revelation of what to do to solve the problem to the end of filming after putting so much time for prior filming scenes, but those are filled in from the Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Episode 00 story.

This episode visually stands out to me simply due to all the dark and vividness from the animation compared to the lighter tones from the rest of the episodes. Even Someday in the Rain didn't suffer from the dark atmosphere created in this episode and it had the rain/night aspect as well. I'm a huge fan of Koizumi and yet the night animation of him creeps me out still.

It ties the two sets of episodes together nicely with reprisals of both the broadcast first episode being put together on the computer/Shamisen talking and with the prologue/epilogue cafe meeting at the end of the episode which appeases the symmetrical nerd in me.

While Endless Eight was the episode that boosted my interest in the series from mere fan into (as edkedkedk affectionately called me) "Koizumi-megax,' this was the episode that filled me up until I can see Disappearance.

If only Koizumi were on the cover instead of Kyon....

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-04-04, 08:01   Link #163
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post

While Endless Eight was the episode that boosted my interest in the series from mere fan into (as edkedkedk affectionately called me) "Koizumi-megax,' this was the episode that filled me up until I can see Disappearance.

If only Koizumi were on the cover instead of Kyon....
I gotta ask; Did Koizumi even play a big role in Endless Eight? Of course, there is the famous 'I lurb euuuu' line he delivers to Kyon, if that's what you're talking about

So here's a question; how's the re-watchability of the Haruhi series for you guys? This especially means your favourite episode (and excluding the entire Endless Eight, I'll cry about the re-watchability).
Old 2010-04-04, 08:14   Link #164
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
I gotta ask; Did Koizumi even play a big role in Endless Eight? Of course, there is the famous 'I lurb euuuu' line he delivers to Kyon, if that's what you're talking about

So here's a question; how's the re-watchability of the Haruhi series for you guys? This especially means your favourite episode (and excluding the entire Endless Eight, I'll cry about the re-watchability).
Koizumi-kun was the one who realized they were stuck in a loop. Mikuru called him and with her confession that she couldn't contact the future, he was able to deduce the situation. If it wasn't for him, they'd still be stuck in the loop.

As for re-watchabilty, I'd say I enjoy seeing everything again and noticing new things (even in Endless Eight) that I may have missed before. I think I've seen Tameki V about 15 times now.

Old 2010-04-04, 12:16   Link #165
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

I'm waiting for the 3rd season so I can say the
Spoiler for Haruhi Series:
was my favorite.

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2010-04-05, 08:50   Link #166
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Koizumi-kun was the one who realized they were stuck in a loop. Mikuru called him and with her confession that she couldn't contact the future, he was able to deduce the situation. If it wasn't for him, they'd still be stuck in the loop.

As for re-watchabilty, I'd say I enjoy seeing everything again and noticing new things (even in Endless Eight) that I may have missed before. I think I've seen Tameki V about 15 times now.
You know things are bad when Mikuru goes to Koizumi for help instead of Kyon

I simply can't stop watching Boredom whenever I want to catch a break from everything and want a little Haruhi. It's just pure fun and Tsuruya-san is awesome there (apparently martial arts doesn't help your chances in baseball)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
I'm waiting for the 3rd season so I can say the
Spoiler for Haruhi Series:
was my favorite.
Of course, I'll love to see the Anti-SOS Brigade make their debut. But for stories nearer to the current timeline, I'll like to see

Spoiler for Haruhi series:
Old 2010-04-05, 22:27   Link #167
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
You know things are bad when Mikuru goes to Koizumi for help instead of Kyon

I simply can't stop watching Boredom whenever I want to catch a break from everything and want a little Haruhi. It's just pure fun and Tsuruya-san is awesome there (apparently martial arts doesn't help your chances in baseball)!
Logically Koizumi was a much better choice at that time. The only thing that Kyon had done at that time (that she could see) was returning from the Closed Space World. Koizumi came up with the plan during the baseball game, created the mystery for the lone island as well as the trip plans, and aided in defeating the cave cricket. There is also the possibility of Mikuru doing research about important people in that time plane (which Koizumi would fall under as an esper), so he would be a good choice to call.

Taikutsu is a great stand-alone story to watch again. There is a very good reason it was the first story to be published since as you stated: it's just fun. Remember that the team they are facing are college-level opposition and none of the Brigade (bar Haruhi) are very talented at baseball (Koizumi prefers volleyball). Even getting the bat on the ball is a victory for Tsuruya-san.

Old 2010-04-06, 11:45   Link #168
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Logically Koizumi was a much better choice at that time. The only thing that Kyon had done at that time (that she could see) was returning from the Closed Space World. Koizumi came up with the plan during the baseball game, created the mystery for the lone island as well as the trip plans, and aided in defeating the cave cricket. There is also the possibility of Mikuru doing research about important people in that time plane (which Koizumi would fall under as an esper), so he would be a good choice to call.

Taikutsu is a great stand-alone story to watch again. There is a very good reason it was the first story to be published since as you stated: it's just fun. Remember that the team they are facing are college-level opposition and none of the Brigade (bar Haruhi) are very talented at baseball (Koizumi prefers volleyball). Even getting the bat on the ball is a victory for Tsuruya-san.
Definitely, definitely. I'm not disputing that fact that Koizumi is incredibly suave and intelligent (a by-product of his esper powers?), but rather emphasizing the seriousness of the situation. For now, Mikuru's faction and Koizumi's Organization are at odds, so it must have been very hard for Mikuru to directly approach Koizumi. This when she could have gone the other way and approach Kyon first, the de facto ringleader of the SOS Brigade, have him gather the rest, and work out a plan. This plan would have brushed up Kyon's ego unconsciously, but it would have consumed time, and time apparently isn't on time-travelers' side.

And Taikutsu, if I recall correctly, is the first episode where we actually have to recognize that each of them are working for their own factions. Koizumi gets a message, Mikuru uses her unknown communication device, and Yuki... well, probably just gets the notice from the DITE. Taikutsu is significant to me for this point.

And waitaminute, when does Koizumi prefer volleyball?! True, at least Tsuruya-san managed to hit the ball. I can only imagine the rubbish play Taniguchi and Kunikuda put up...
Old 2010-04-06, 12:40   Link #169
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
And waitaminute, when does Koizumi prefer volleyball?! True, at least Tsuruya-san managed to hit the ball. I can only imagine the rubbish play Taniguchi and Kunikuda put up...
I think it's mentioned when talking about the sports festival - we see it at the beginning of the Sighs arc in the anime, I think it's at the beginning of that book, too? It's been a while since I read it...
Old 2010-04-07, 21:45   Link #170
s07195
However,

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
I think it's mentioned when talking about the sports festival - we see it at the beginning of the Sighs arc in the anime, I think it's at the beginning of that book, too? It's been a while since I read it...
Not to mention Mysterique Sign in the anime... Fumoffu, anyone?
BUt what he used was a (?)volleyball smash or something.

Someday in the Rain stands out for me because it's so... normal. Boring. Yeah. Yet it's my fav episode because of just that. Kyon comment that "If supernatural things were to happen everyday, then my heart would break" or something lead me to realize that the SOS-Dan isn't all fun and games, or at the very least doesn't have supernatural stuff happening everyday. And the ending was WAFFy.
"The Look On Haruhi's Face After Kyon Woke Up" FTW!
Old 2010-04-12, 02:19   Link #171
aishaelizabeth

I think my favorite episode was when Kyon kissed Harahi. It was sweet and I wished that they would do it again. I wish they would make a third season.
Old 2010-04-13, 10:16   Link #172
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

So it seems to me that there's very little love for Remote Island Syndrome. I mean, yes, it was rather dull as compared to the episodes, but hey, we get to see Haruhi in a wet shirt! And Yuki playing a prank for once (if that can be counted as one), plus who could forget her famous 'Daisuki.' line. It makes me think that Koizumi is really bad at planning these things (oops)
Old 2010-04-13, 15:06   Link #173
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
So it seems to me that there's very little love for Remote Island Syndrome. I mean, yes, it was rather dull as compared to the episodes, but hey, we get to see Haruhi in a wet shirt! And Yuki playing a prank for once (if that can be counted as one), plus who could forget her famous 'Daisuki.' line. It makes me think that Koizumi is really bad at planning these things (oops)
I would like it better if it were a single episode instead of split into two. It lost a bit of momentum with the split and felt like it dragged just a bit. (However, I do enjoy it more when I watch the second half before the first half.)
Old 2010-04-14, 01:22   Link #174
Thunder Book
Endless Member

I just love the Ace Attorney scene in LIS II.
Old 2010-04-14, 08:59   Link #175
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

I pretty much lol'ed at Yuki ignoring Imouto's attempts to communicate with her.
Old 2010-04-14, 11:34   Link #176
idiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
I would like it better if it were a single episode instead of split into two. It lost a bit of momentum with the split and felt like it dragged just a bit. (However, I do enjoy it more when I watch the second half before the first half.)
not to mention
Spoiler for novel:
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
Old 2010-04-14, 20:27   Link #177
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Haruhi:"...Mmmh Ahluveyouuuu" *hugs Kyon*
Kyon: O_O;
Old 2010-04-15, 09:04   Link #178
OkamiNoKaze

If you check the Remote Island chapters in the manga, you get a good idea what happened
Old 2010-04-15, 10:59   Link #179
idiffer

shit...
*frantically dl's the manga*
thanks, didnt know that.

now that i think about it, the first ep (chronological, not the movie) is a close second for me. it was a good introduction to the characters.
Old 2010-04-15, 11:43   Link #180
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Haruhi:"...Mmmh Ahluveyouuuu" *hugs Kyon*
Kyon: O_O;
Damn this sounds like a scene that only doujins can have...
Closed Thread