AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-06, 09:03   Link #201
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
Damn, if you look at the first image, you see a very nice cosplay of Yoko.. I'll be one to admit, she is one fine lookin cosplayer.. Now I can only imagine future generations cosplaying Yoko.. the horror..
Heh, the cosplayer is the idol girl that sings the opening song and the new insert song they're going to use from 11 on.
Old 2007-06-06, 09:53   Link #202
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Heh, the cosplayer is the idol girl that sings the opening song and the new insert song they're going to use from 11 on.
new OP already? I thought we just change the pic :\. Was expecting it to be ~ep 13
Old 2007-06-06, 10:47   Link #203
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
so what? Doesn't make the cosplay bad :P

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-06-06, 14:42   Link #204
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
new OP already? I thought we just change the pic :\. Was expecting it to be ~ep 13
"Insert song", a tune they use during the episode itself and probably the new GATTAI theme.
Old 2007-06-06, 16:49   Link #205
duckroll
綺羅星★!

So erm... according to the Gainax GL blog, Sushio was single handedly responsible the for the entire sequence in ep8 starting from Thymilph shouting his "CONDEMN BLAZE" attack, all the way till he explodes and the sunglasses return to the Gurren Lagann.

Wow.... wow.
Old 2007-06-06, 18:00   Link #206
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
So erm... according to the Gainax GL blog, Sushio was single handedly responsible the for the entire sequence in ep8 starting from Thymilph shouting his "CONDEMN BLAZE" attack, all the way till he explodes and the sunglasses return to the Gurren Lagann.

Wow.... wow.
Heh, I suspected that but it's nice to have a confirmation. BTW, is the little Nia frame they have down there part of a future episode or what?

Old 2007-06-06, 18:32   Link #207
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It's just a random comparison between a Genga frame and a Douga frame. The entire entry is about frame art and so on. Just a look in to the creative process behind the show.
Old 2007-06-06, 23:22   Link #208
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Spoiler for EP15 gunmen:
It may be the big ganmen/gunmen behind the Spiral King. It sure doesn't look like the Dai-Gurren.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-09, 02:16   Link #209
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
It may be the big ganmen/gunmen behind the Spiral King. It sure doesn't look like the Dai-Gurren.
Its the capital. Huge size Gamen, its normal shape is a drill :\
Old 2007-06-09, 10:57   Link #210
Steel Guardian

Hey. It's a dumb thought, but it's about Yoko.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-09, 14:58   Link #211
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh i very well believe that her hate for nia comes from knowing that shes a princess (which indirectly leads her to be partly responsible for kamina's death) ~ as illogical as it may be yoko was seriously in love with kamina and him dying was a huge impact on her ~ "love is blind" as they say

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-10, 01:45   Link #212
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Hmm, 11 episodes and Simon is finally starting to be Man. Ain't that a little too early? Oh no, I fear for Nia... something's definitely going to happen to her along the way...
Old 2007-06-10, 10:05   Link #213
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
Spoiler:
This post is not a spoiler and not a speculation.

Just that I squirmed my eyes just enough to make out that the 2nd ED will be done by a group called Afromania titled Minna no Peace. Further searching on the net gave us a date that it will be released on 18th July. Regrettably for me at least, the title implies something different in mood, so it might not be another high energy track with a rebellious streak like Underground.
Old 2007-06-10, 18:27   Link #214
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Heh, you should know by now titles in Japanese songs mean nuts. Wait till the ending theme changes and we will know.
Old 2007-06-11, 02:54   Link #215
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Heh, you should know by now titles in Japanese songs mean nuts. Wait till the ending theme changes and we will know.
Well I like Underground hence my grumpiness. I took a peek at some Afromania through Youtube, they seem like a mixture of hip-hop and pop-rock. I think their fast numbers will probably lack the raw energy rock that High Voltage is capable of. I suppose I should wait to say anymore though, if there is indeed a vast change of mood for the ED, it might be intentional to fit the later half of the series.
Old 2007-06-11, 03:38   Link #216
quina

Ep 12 summary on the official site and its (my) translations are up :3

http://anime-quina.blogspot.com/2007...2-summary.html
Old 2007-06-11, 05:09   Link #217
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Ep 12 summary on the official site and its (my) translations are up :3

http://anime-quina.blogspot.com/2007...2-summary.html
Interesting... At least then, the crew wouldn't be able to defeat the next enemy by stepping on it with the ship like ep 11, if they are floating on water. No fear; we got Simon back.
Old 2007-06-11, 19:36   Link #218
7Th
Mixtape

Maybe I’m looking too much into things… but this is just logical speculation that may or may not turn out to be true. I think it sounds quite good too, not ridiculous but like a very ad-hoc development. Let’s start by looking at 11’s great hints towards two things:

The King is probably human… or the cause he is fighting for was started by humanity itself and human consciousness or self-awareness is a key point in the plot, I had see this coming since it was revealed an organized civilization worked in to suppress mankind as a whole since for me the whole purpose of it seemed to be prevent some kind of “intellectual evolution” in the process. Diebuster 2 also used a similar concept, with the top-less being a superior stage of mental determination and being actually representative of a danger for the race as a whole.

This gave the chance to finally post this theory:

Beastman are probably temporary “soulless” beings without real feelings, creatures with base on humanity without being enough of a “human” to attain some kind of self-awareness… probably mostly based on an will they can call their own. My major supports for this claim are both Lord Genome being surprised and to a point interested in Adiane declaring to posses some kind of friendship with Thymilf and the obvious dialog between Guamu and Nia in episode 11. Viral and maybe even Adiane to a degree are attaining “humanity”.

So, this opens two possible alternatives to explain the Helix King’s motivations:

Lord Genome was contacted by the will of Universe, all the stars in the sky, to prevent humanity from either becoming “post-humanity”, read Wiki, or attaining the so feared “technological singularity”, ditto as before, as both are a step forward towards either a second big bang or an area in which physic laws become unstable. By some kind of experiences in his life he probably came to understand humans to a superior degree and the Dimensional Government or however you want to call the God-like creature/creatures who came to him showed him the consequences of the future and ordered him/gave him the choice to help mankind save themselves and suppress their own evolution. Beastmen created to achieve control, humans send underground, the source of all life at his hands… How he became the power hungry tyrant he is today? Either he is not THAT bad, the princess were killed peacefully in sleep after all, or the absolute power corrupted him after thousands of years as it would have any normal being.

Also, the Spiral-Helix-Drill thing is probably a play on the Spiral being the key to unlock the secrets of life… you know, like that "Pi(symbol)" Darren Aronofsky movie. You can read more on these symbols here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helix, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_galaxy and this one a little bit more complex http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio.

The other version is humanity/Lord Genome discovering by themselves/himself the dangers of evolution and deciding to stop the process by their/his own will.

So… what do you think? Want me to extend on something? I summarized my whole point of view.

Also: a Gurren-Lagann game is called “Great Milky Way War”.

Last edited by 7Th; 2007-06-11 at 20:32.
Old 2007-06-11, 20:46   Link #219
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Wow, we should pay some of these guys to be anime scenario writers instead.

I just watch animes. Only thing that comes to mind is: Will Nia Die? Will She grow up to be Hot Nia? Will Nia's hotness eventually rival that to Yoko's hotness? Will Nia still be around when Simon becomes Captain Harlock? Will Nia be loli forever? Am I a 2D lolicon for being Nia-obsessed? Do I need a life? Maybe I should quit my job and stay at home watching animes?

Nia Wins.
Old 2007-06-12, 17:40   Link #220
Jahar

quick question pertaining to orders translation of the "great dimensional rift" and this seemed like a fairly good place to do so given that it'd probably relate to the future one way or another, have had a few people suggest to me that this was a mistranslation of the great shogunate or great empire? Anyone able to clarify

cheers
Closed Thread