AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-30, 02:32   Link #661
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I have no idea why Fudo decided to place Zessica in their group, though, as preventing/tempering "love" would have been far more successful with Cayenne as he'd have been the best balance (isn't that what the third pilot of the group is for? And without Zessica, Mikono would have been all super happy and nice to Amata, fostering their relationship in a healthy way. No jelly involved, and no spikes at the end that threaten everything.).
I don't know. XD Imagine a jealous and overprotective Cayenne watching Amata like a hawk ready to punch him in case he does anything "wrong" XD it would've pretty much ruined everything and would've made both Amata and Mikono super nervous. (Plus there wouldn't have been any Cayenne x Shrade fun. And the Donnar sniping at Amata fun.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
And the Kagura/Amata/Mikono thing...seeing as how Amata and Mikono are bound to fall in love, maybe Kagura's presence tempers it so that Aquarion doesn't go berserk?
I dunno, Kagura being very interested in Mikono himself it would rather make the gattai even more instabil... Maybe they'll re-enact the FIGHT THROUGH THE POWER OF JEALOUSY!! episode from the original? XD
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 02:32   Link #662
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Then that means that Mikono was lusting after Kagura? Isn't that a bit quick, even for her, or did she just get slapped by love at first lick or something.
if you think about it though, feeling of love can also be mistaken for fear and vice-versa. That's the crossing the bridge effect. Say you're crossing a bridge with someone else. You happen to look down or the bridge starts to shake. you're heart rate and pulse rise and people have misunderstood it for symptoms of love for the other person.

Those rings merely measure heart rate, pulse, and body perspiration. Not actually love. Mikono was probably more overwhelmed by uncertainty and fear at Kagura's sudden actions, possibly also remembering the vision of Cayenne's as well, which the ring mistook for love instead of the actual fear which is why it shocked her.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 02:34   Link #663
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I knew this episode was going to be awesome, but my body wasn't prepared for how much awesome it actually would be I've seen a ton of romance comedy in my life so I was already prepared for every trick in the book, but my God was this still freaking hilarious!

Andy/Mix/Yunoha - I'm calling it now, in the later episodes Yunoha is revealed to be hot Bishoujo in disguise (Lol, her name is Yunoha, get it? YUNOHA ) Oh, and I'm surprised Andy hasn't tried anything yet, while Mix hasn't explode with rage as well

Shrade/Cayenne/Sazanka - I'm not a fan of yaoi... Unless it's being use for comedy Sazanka has got to be one luck fangirl

Amata/Mikono/Zessica - The reason why Amata doesn't have his own bug zapper is because it would most definitely kill him I lol'd at the "running out of darts" remark

My suspicion about why Aquarion went berserk? It's pretty glaring that they didn't mention anything about the 3rd pilot, but I'm certain he or she was jealous of the relationship they had... And I mean Crazy-Korean-Drama-Woman kind of Jealous

Things are moving super fast, we're already at the battle depicted in the OP next week
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 02:58   Link #664
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
I'll be taking that. Zessica <3
Old 2012-01-30, 03:00   Link #665
Ypocaramel

Spoiler for Treatment of Neo Hong Kong:

Spoiler for Thoughts on Ep5 Characters and Pacing:

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2012-01-30 at 04:26.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 03:03   Link #666
cyberdemon

i find it funny the jealousy over Amata flying because of Zessica when the fact is, ZOMBIES would get a "rise" out of Amata. LOL!
Old 2012-01-30, 03:03   Link #667
Kurosabre

i like this anime so much, it is very futuristic, i am very curious why Fudo ZEN said forbidden meeting (Mikono & red haired man). why?????
Kurosabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 03:05   Link #668
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i find it funny the jealousy over Amata flying because of Zessica when the fact is, ZOMBIES would get a "rise" out of Amata. LOL!
Well, Mikono's only real experience with Amata is that only feelings related to women make him fly. She doesn't know that it's strong emotions that set him off, no matter what type.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 03:08   Link #669
Ypocaramel

I keep thinking of it as a dig at Titantic lol.

It's on Youtube if you haven't seen the I'm flying scene.

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2012-01-30 at 04:17.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 03:12   Link #670
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The seiyuu parody of this series is rather amusing We all know about Amata=Shu, Mikono=Inori, but as it turns out my suspicions were right and in another life, Kagura=Daryl
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 03:13   Link #671
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosabre View Post
i like this anime so much, it is very futuristic, i am very curious why Fudo ZEN said forbidden meeting (Mikono & red haired man). why?????
He likely knows what Kagura is (reincarnation or Apollo, clone, all those theories). His words basically said that he knew Kagura would likely turn up which makes me wonder if that was what he was really after with this exercise.
Old 2012-01-30, 03:24   Link #672
kuromitsu

So I downloaded the fansub for a friend and randomly took a look at it...

Spoiler for genius translation below:

....*facepalm*
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 03:58   Link #673
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

My suspicion about why Aquarion went berserk? It's pretty glaring that they didn't mention anything about the 3rd pilot, but I'm certain he or she was jealous of the relationship they had... And I mean Crazy-Korean-Drama-Woman kind of Jealous
That is the first thing I thought as well. Aquarion going berserk due to love doesn't make much sense, but if jealousy is mixed in there it becomes much easier to understand. Especially since when it went berserk the legs separated first.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:07   Link #674
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
That is the first thing I thought as well. Aquarion going berserk due to love doesn't make much sense, but if jealousy is mixed in there it becomes much easier to understand. Especially since when it went berserk the legs separated first.
Actually it does. What almost destroyed the world 24,000 years before and destroyed the OVA universe Earth was love.

Spoiler for OVA on the three pilots and Vectors:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 04:13   Link #675
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Actually it does. What almost destroyed the world 24,000 years before and destroyed the OVA universe Earth was love.

Spoiler for OVA on the three pilots and Vectors:
that said it was too powerful otherwise, not that it went berserk. Like expecting to shoot a bullet but love turned it into a nuke. Not the way it showed from the events 9 years before.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:17   Link #676
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
that said it was too powerful otherwise, not that it went berserk
Did you even watch Aquarion TV and the OVA?

The reason why Celiane's soul was split was the horror at what they did to the world.

OVA Earth got frozen before Apollo and Silvia noticed.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:19   Link #677
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Did you even watch Aquarion TV and the OVA?

The reason why Celiane's soul was split was the horror at what they did to the world.

OVA Earth got frozen before Apollo and Silvia noticed.
doesn't mean that the Aquarion went berserk. Just that it became more powerful than they realized and more battles kept happening forcing them to use that extreme power. Plus we haven't seen the exact events leading up to that (makes me wonder why they didn't make a prequel before making this sequel). Plus the way they put it, the berserking seems to have to do more with Apollo and Silvie being separated.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:26   Link #678
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
So I downloaded the fansub for a friend and randomly took a look at it...

Spoiler for genius translation below:

....*facepalm*
Yeah, someone want to explain that one to me? It flew straight over my head.

---

Another great episode. As someone who didn't like the first series all that much ( mostly due to Apollo grating on my nerves with his personality and running on all fours... Kagura being a bad guy who does this seems much more appropiate ), I'm not into all the speculation of who is whose reincarnation.

But, wow, the characters are fun and the story is fun and intrigueing and the animation is super-nice. And they have kept up the awesome for five episodes now. Seems like this one will be a keeper.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:30   Link #679
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
doesn't mean that the Aquarion went berserk. Just that it became more powerful than they realized and more battles kept happening forcing them to use that extreme power. Plus we haven't seen the exact events leading up to that (makes me wonder why they didn't make a prequel before making this sequel)
Seriously watch the OVA before making that assertion.

Being too passionate between two Elements inside Aquarion is the reason the commander was so afraid of mixed unions.

From their point of view the Aquarion possesses the power of a god. And humans are unable to control that power.
Old 2012-01-30, 04:38   Link #680
Shikijin

Quote:
Plus the way they put it, the berserking seems to have to do more with Apollo and Silvie being separated.
Yeah, basically Aquarion is cursed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, someone want to explain that one to me? It flew straight over my head.
Yamai = illness.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction