AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 07:20   Link #321
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
crying ,depressed, angry face... don't tell me they really going to make this another dark anime show like Madoka.
meybe it will be dark magical girl show but they can do this in diffrent way then madoka
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 08:02   Link #322
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That latest PV honestly makes me think of Penguin Drum...
Old 2012-10-30, 08:07   Link #323
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
crying ,depressed, angry face... don't tell me they really going to make this another dark anime show like Madoka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Interview 2 is online at official website. (Iwasaki Yasutoshi x Okada Yasuhiro)

Some new information from the interview:
  • They want Prism Nana to not be like their other show.
  • It is intended to looks like a "genki-kei" (energetic) Sunday morning show but not completely aimed for kids. Result of that is the scene near the end where they shoot off creature's head.
It's almost as if people can't read.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 08:15   Link #324
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really like the art direction in the latest PV. Wouldn't mind of the whole series was like that.
Old 2012-10-30, 09:27   Link #325
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
So to make it different from "their other show" they decided to have "the creature" be the one to lose a head this time...
Old 2012-10-30, 10:06   Link #326
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I'm also really intrigued and fascinated by the art from the PV and the character designs look fantastic. It has definitely come along way. My concern in terms of series direction is I hope that the series will have its own entity rather than being a cut, paste, copy image of its "predecessor" that we all know and love.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:36   Link #327
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The part about the PV that intrigues me the most is just how little like SHAFT it looks. As someone who is not really a fan of the SHAFT style this can only be a good thing, however it's not the look of it that tends to irk me, but the busy direction and constant camera angle changes and that's kind of hard to tell if it's still there in the PV. Still I didn't see any of the usual close up of head tilts though and one other thing that caught me attention was that the shading was decidedly non-SHAFT as well and almost served to make some of the backgrounds look hand drawn. In short it actually looks really good and almost experimental like a lot of love went into the art work, but whether Shinbo will allow that artwork and style to breath without smothering it with his own directional tendencies is the big remaining question. Hopefully this is a sign that SHAFT is moving in a new direction away from their usual style which I just find off putting and busy, but not that this show will be a pretentious mess. Hopefully it's also something I can be checking out when it airs.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 10:55   Link #328
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
what do you want , then ?
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 11:23   Link #329
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The part about the PV that intrigues me the most is just how little like SHAFT it looks.
Rumor has it that this might not even be a shaft x shinbo production but rather shaft x that one other director that is supposed to coexist with shinbo that has been working with shaft making a comeback because of illness. Also a magazine that has an article about the series is saying that the producers of the show did not intend to give all the pilot PVs to shaft but to other studios as well. But since the offer is accepted they just go along with it. This gives more speculation that it might be just some one-shot series in the first place.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 11:29   Link #330
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
So technically this series is having production conflicts in terms of was company will have or use the right of the series in question. This is certainly getting a little bit controversial considering that we've seen art and PV etc. I guess the problem lies with the studios or companies internally it seems.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:36   Link #331
sirn
田舎者言うな

I don't think there's anything controversial.

Quote:
「あるメーカーからオファーをいただいたことがキッカケでした。
 最初はいろいろなスタジオで何本かの映像を作るというお話だったのですが、
 全部シャフトでプロデュースさせていただければ新しい仕掛けができるのではないか、
 と私からメーカーさんに提案させていただきました」
Quoting from 2ch.

Quote:
"It all started when certain manufacturer firm offered us [the project]. At first they intended to ask several studios to do few footage, but I suggested them to let SHAFT produce all of it. It would be an interesting gimmick this way."
I don't have Megami Magazine 2012/12 with me right now, but my friend is kind enough to grab it and give me summary of what producer Okada Kubota Mitsutoshi (SHAFT's president) said, the firm only want to make 7 MVs and they're letting SHAFT to do everything from deciding the songs to website creation to project promotion. Producer Okada also mentioned in another interview that it was his idea to ask Kantoku for original character designs.

Last edited by sirn; 2012-10-31 at 11:33.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 17:00   Link #332
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, I think the intention the intention for the PVs was that they all be done in different styles, so that's why they were originally going to give them to different companies. But instead, people inside Shaft are producing them all, but all being allowed to have sort of free reign. So that's why each PV is going to look different and have different styles.

So people really shouldn't think of the PVs as trailers and be like "see how the style is evolving" or "wow this is looking really different" -- the point is that each one will be a unique take. Each one will have its own unique style, and none of them may actually look like the final show. (I suspect the original announcement trailer is probably the real style.)
Old 2012-10-30, 18:54   Link #333
maximilianjenus
[E]

The latest posts give me the impression that the pvs are all we are gonna get, is that right (as far as what we have had confirmed) ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 19:37   Link #334
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
The latest posts give me the impression that the pvs are all we are gonna get, is that right (as far as what we have had confirmed) ?
Well, these are just called "Pilot PVs". The PVs are in addition to the trailer they showed when the project was announced. So the project isn't itself the 7 PVs, but these are just a marketing tactic to help build interest in the real project. (Of course, we don't yet know whether what will follow will be a TV series, OVA series, Movie, or who knows...)
Old 2012-10-31, 10:21   Link #335
maximilianjenus
[E]

ah thanks, so it meanz that currently the real project has not been confirmed, as long as it is not a toyline I am ok.
Old 2012-10-31, 15:20   Link #336
konart

The project has been confirmed. We just don't know what it is and other details
Old 2012-11-01, 10:06   Link #337
maximilianjenus
[E]

oh, by confirmed I mean what the project is.
Old 2012-11-01, 14:47   Link #338
sirn
田舎者言うな

Nakamura Naoto animation character designs:

(Click to enlarge)

Sakai Kyuuta animation character designs:

(Click to enlarge)

Kubota Mitsutoshi (SHAFT's president) interview:
Pretty long so I put it in a spoilers tag. I'm bad at translation so please feel free to correct it.

Spoiler:

Last edited by sirn; 2012-11-01 at 20:19. Reason: tl fix, accidentally a word :\
Old 2012-11-01, 15:25   Link #339
HosannaExcelsis

Thanks for the translation of the interview. Correct me if I'm misreading it, but it appears from it that Prism Nana is currently planned to be these 7 short music videos and nothing else?
HosannaExcelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 15:33   Link #340
sirn
田舎者言うな

They planned to announce something in Comike 83, from the looks of it.