AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

Old 2013-10-10, 09:27   Link #1
Jetzero Infinity

Suisei no Gargantia Season 2 - News & Speculation

Well this is certainly interesting. Hopefully it's a movie and not a second season. While they could do more with that universe, Ledo's story is pretty much done so I wouldn't want it getting dragged out much further.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-10-10 at 09:51. Reason: Thumbnails...
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 09:32   Link #2
Helius

Quote:
ANN:

The official website for the Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet anime series states that an "important announcement" regarding the series will be made in a commercial on the Tokyo MX TV station on Thursday evening. The commercial will run during the rerun of Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, which will start at 11:00 p.m. on Thursday.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet to Get 'Important Announcement'
Breath held.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 09:37   Link #3
ustatsu

https://twitter.com/gar_anime/status/388304035087798272

Already happened. Sequel incoming.
ustatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 10:12   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, this, Psycho Pass, Madoka’s new entries (movies & whatnot) and, to some extent, Ufotable’s Fate/Stay Night project . It seems like we’re having Urobuchi Phase 2 (just like Marvel’s MCU) whether he’s directly involved or not.
Old 2013-10-10, 10:18   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hope it takes on Avalon with an all new cast. There's not much more to tell about Gargantia and Ledo.
Old 2013-10-10, 11:13   Link #6
Theo

No Chamber, no sell.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 11:27   Link #7
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I hope it takes on Avalon with an all new cast. There's not much more to tell about Gargantia and Ledo.
But then it would have to have a completely different name!
Also the Galactic Alliance are essentially space nazis. They're racial supremacists who practice eugenics and wipe out what they consider inferior species and inferior examples of their own species. All we ever knew about Avalon was their propaganda.
They only work as an evil adversary!

A prequel when the Gargantia fleet was starting to come together would be interesting, though, plenty of stories to be told in that world.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 13:37   Link #8
Rogue66

Quiet happy theirs going to be a sequel but am a bit worry on how they do it.

Just have to wait and see.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 13:55   Link #9
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Great news! more Haneharu characters animated is very welcome. Though I am curious what will be the conflict Gen will come up with this time.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 17:46   Link #10
bastek66

Sequel about Ledo's descendant who finds Chamber and fixes him.
Old 2013-10-10, 17:51   Link #11
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Now I really didn't expect this, but if it doesn't focus on the galactic alliance and the war that they are fighting I'm not going to be sold.

I don't think it's necessary to revive Chamber, I'd rather have a new AI to take his place.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 19:52   Link #12
Jetzero Infinity

Plot prediction: The Aliance gets Ledo's message a few thousand years later and come to earth to slaughter Ledo's descendants therefore making up for Urobuchi's low death quota from last season. If the descendants are lucky they'll unearth Chamber but most of them will still die horribly
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 20:00   Link #13
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Plot prediction: The Aliance gets Ledo's message a few thousand years later and come to earth to slaughter Ledo's descendants therefore making up for Urobuchi's low death quota from last season. If the descendants are lucky they'll unearth Chamber but most of them will still die horribly
I genuinely laughed at this lol.
I don't think I can watch this if Ledo, Amy and the rest of the people in Gargantia are not going to be in it, it'll just make me feel sad.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 20:12   Link #14
Shinhwa
Banned

We need our Mecha Kyon back D:
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 23:29   Link #15
sky black swordman

Great news. I'm to see what season 2 will be about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
We need our Mecha Kyon back D:
What he said!!!!
Old 2013-10-11, 09:20   Link #16
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

All I ask for is Bellows "fully animated" wearing the festival dance outfit

And Ridget! XD

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 09:55   Link #17
Principalities

This is nothing but good news.
2nd season can't come soon enough.
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 20:01   Link #18
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

YES! I really hoped for this! But isn't this surprising? I thought the sells were not good enough for a 2nd season?

Anyway... I thought that the relationship between Ledo and Amy was left hanging, so if it is a direct sequel or a sequel with a little timeskip, then I am eagerly awaiting this!
Old 2013-10-11, 21:35   Link #19
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
YES! I really hoped for this! But isn't this surprising? I thought the sells were not good enough for a 2nd season?

Anyway... I thought that the relationship between Ledo and Amy was left hanging, so if it is a direct sequel or a sequel with a little timeskip, then I am eagerly awaiting this!
Yeah DVD/BD sales were not bad, not great, at ~8k per volume. It's certainly underrated and I honestly didn't expect it would get a sequel treatment either. Though I'm glad TPTB has agreed that it deserves one (the UroButcher factor at work, I'm sure ).

Like most I'm curious as to what they're planning to go story-wise. The project director has stated that the overriding theme of the show is how one deals with moving on from a sheltered life and learning to work and co-exist with others as a society.

I can understand how some people might've been disappointed when they expected a space epic with endless Gundam/Macross-esque fights, but personally I quite liked the direction the show took and I would like for the staff to treat the sequel in a similar vein i.e. the exploration of human interaction in a sci-fi setting (with your signature Urobuchi conspiracy looming in the narrative ), instead of another one of your run-of-the-mill space mecha show we seem to be getting every single season.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 23:26   Link #20
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Yeah DVD/BD sales were not bad, not great, at ~8k per volume. It's certainly underrated and I honestly didn't expect it would get a sequel treatment either. Though I'm glad TPTB has agreed that it deserves one (the UroButcher factor at work, I'm sure ).

Like most I'm curious as to what they're planning to go story-wise. The project director has stated that the overriding theme of the show is how one deals with moving on from a sheltered life and learning to work and co-exist with others as a society.

I can understand how some people might've been disappointed when they expected a space epic with endless Gundam/Macross-esque fights, but personally I quite liked the direction the show took and I would like for the staff to treat the sequel in a similar vein i.e. the exploration of human interaction in a sci-fi setting (with your signature Urobuchi conspiracy looming in the narrative ), instead of another one of your run-of-the-mill space mecha show we seem to be getting every single season.
Yeah, I'm surprised too that the show is getting a second season since I feel like the response to it was good but no where near the level that would convince the studio it was worth doing a whole second season on. A compilation movie with a few extra scenes was what I was expecting, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the news.

I wonder for the second season if they might follow up on the theme of the first season and explore what happens after a young person joins society. After all, the path of life doesn't become clear once you've find your place in the world. There are still a lot of obstacles we have to overcome on a daily bases, both big and small, and I'm wondering if these mundane but daily challenges might be the theme they'll tackle in the second season.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote