AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-27, 07:54   Link #41
wellzy4eva

PDA manga reader

I've got a palm TX PDA which I use for reading books and watching videos, but whenever I ty to put manga on it, the text is just not readable.

Does anyone know of any good palm comic readers or image viewers that can resample so the text is legible?

Dave
Old 2006-08-27, 14:10   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've been kind of curious about the Creative product Zen:Vision systems and whether they pack enough resolution to display manga (or anime with subtitles for that matter). Any brave early adopters want to pop a review?
Old 2006-08-28, 07:48   Link #43
declan
Paranoid Android

I'm not sure if its possible, because most scanlations cut down resolution for size. If you want something readable its going to have to be something you can scroll around and then you'll only see bits of it at a time...

Anyway, the Zen Visions are definitely capable of watching anime, though you might have to convert certain formats in order to make it playable....
Old 2006-10-07, 04:42   Link #44
Venti

Bump. I updated the link in original post.

Advertizing is hard. I've been using this my self for a few months now, but havn't been coding any new features because nobody even wants to try it.

No spyware, no nothing. If you're paranoid read through the .py file, install PIL, wx-python, configobj and whatever other modules are needed and run that. Or have some trust and run the exe.

Please?
Old 2006-10-07, 07:14   Link #45
Nidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venti View Post
I'd like your feedback on these things
-Does it work? I've tested this only on a couple different computers and have occasionally ran into problems. (.dll's could be missing, maybe something wrong with 7zip, old version, local deity hates my program)
Seems fine so far, haven't tried running from 7zip yet. Runs from .zip and .rar fine.

Quote:
-Is it any good? Needed?
First impressions are pretty good. I actually prefer it to CDisplay. BUT... is there any way to open unzipped folders into the program? Most of my manga is unzipped and I don't really want to have to zip everything back up again >_>

Quote:
-Is Lack of scrollbars really that big of a deal? I think setting magnifyin glass to full screen is pretty much to identical to scrollbars if thats your thing.
I prefer it without scrollbars. The midclick zoom seems to work very well
Old 2006-10-07, 07:34   Link #46
Venti

Quote:
First impressions are pretty good. I actually prefer it to CDisplay. BUT... is there any way to open unzipped folders into the program? Most of my manga is unzipped and I don't really want to have to zip everything back up again >_>
Just drag and drop the folder or images into the program. If you drag a folder it will open all files and folders recursively beneath that folder.

Post a screenshot if you manage to drag a huge number of images in it, current record is 70812 images.
Old 2006-10-07, 08:23   Link #47
Samikaze

Hi!

Tested this program and it seems to be working pretty nicely. Havent tested all features yet but at least it opens up rar files, and what was nice to notice was that it actually opens rar files inside other rar files O_o Makes reading so much easier now, thanks!
Old 2006-10-15, 07:08   Link #48
Nidas

Couple of things to add:

Tried the drag thing, works perfectly ;P Successfully loaded over 8000 images with no problems at all.

The program wont seem to load .cbr format but it loads every other archive format I've tried
Old 2006-10-15, 11:30   Link #49
whodhellknew

Nice work thanks. Simple and working. I'll probably use it for all my manga from here on

cheers
Old 2006-10-15, 14:33   Link #50
Bakflipinmonkey

How to read manga on the pc

ok im new to manga at the moment and ive tried to download manga before but at the moment i dont know what to read it with it mostly comes in .rar format which i think i know how to open but want to see if thier is a more free way to do it. Is thier any (free) combined manga reader that like that for anime (the CCCP pack)????

Thanx in advance and if this has already been answered and i havnt searched the forums welle nough please delete
Old 2006-10-15, 14:44   Link #51
pinomustfly

You can extract rar files with Winrar.
But, using Cdisplay to read the rars directly is much better. Cdisplay lets you zoom, jump to pages and so on. Much better than Windows XP Image View.
http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay

Last edited by pinomustfly; 2006-10-15 at 15:07.
Old 2006-10-15, 15:27   Link #52
Venti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidas View Post
The program wont seem to load .cbr format but it loads every other archive format I've tried
It opens rar files with 7-zip, so you need that installed to open .cbr

7-zip installed it should open
['.zip', '.rar', '.cbz', '.cbr', '.7z', '.tar', '.bz2', '.cab', '.arj', '.lzh', '.gzip', '.bzip2', '.z']
and without only
['.zip', '.cbz']

If you can open .rar but not .cbr please let me know
Old 2006-10-16, 13:16   Link #53
Alu^
An Eye for an Eye

Send a message via ICQ to Alu^ Send a message via AIM to Alu^ Send a message via MSN to Alu^ Send a message via Yahoo to Alu^
Well, I'm using the good ol' CDisplay. Always been the best in my opinion, although I haven't tried out much, so I shouldn't judge the others considering the fact that I haven't used them.

Anyhow, go CDisplay. It's recommendable!
Old 2006-10-16, 18:13   Link #54
Nidas

nope, 7-zip is installed :/ I've checked the configure menu just to be on the safe side, heres a screencap:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6524/configwi9.jpg

I tried it with .rar and its the same problem. I thought I'd tried .rar before, but I guess not. I'm using 0.02 now btw
Old 2006-10-17, 20:09   Link #55
Sole

I use acdsee, I've used most of the other programs but this is the simplest and most convenient for myself, features like browsing through rar/zips etc. Just a bit bulky... I'd really like to switch but haven't found another program.

I do buy mangas regularly in books, but for the unlicensed/censored/crappytranslated, I usually download the scanlations as well, even though I like reading books better
Old 2006-10-17, 20:15   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The only time i'd read a series in scans is if i know its not going to be licensed.. or that i just can't wait. Anyway.. i just do the good old 'click to next page' routine. It could be that i'm to lazy to go try a program out.. or i just like the old fashioned way.
Old 2006-10-23, 21:04   Link #57
phantasie

i never read manga with a program befor, so how do i use this program? cuz it is a zipped folder and i dont kno wat to do now. can someone plz help?ty.
Old 2006-10-23, 21:06   Link #58
phantasie

my bad. i extracted it all. lol. dont need help anymore
Old 2006-10-24, 00:33   Link #59
Jordus

ummmm....i just use windows xp pic preview...is that bad? lol. i seriously havnt tried a "reader". whats the difference?
Old 2006-10-24, 05:36   Link #60
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
hmm.. i used earlier version of this, but i decided to stick with ACDsee since i have been using ACDsee from version 2 to version 6.
Closed Thread