AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-13, 21:16   Link #101
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

It'd also be easy to create a name for his Genderbent counterpart.
Old 2009-10-13, 21:18   Link #102
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

This I've GOT to hear!
Old 2009-10-13, 21:20   Link #103
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Why, it'd be

Dama Alejandra Beliz Castilliana Del Eclessias Felizes Gallina Hidalga Imperiosa Juarez Las Llamas Mares Nueves Ores Pimienta Quesadilla Rey Sucre Taco Umberta Vega Xavier y Zorrita, Tercera Duquesa de Tocino

Naturally. They're very easy to tell apart. And of course have the obligatory crush on Kyon/Kyonko. They try to woo their respective targets with mastery of Flamenco and Spanish Guitar. Also curly mustaches. Both of them. Yes, the girl has a curly mustache too.
Old 2009-10-13, 21:22   Link #104
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

.........*falls on floor laughing* oh god, i can't take it anymore, i need water
Old 2009-10-13, 21:24   Link #105
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
By popular request, I give you...

Seņor Alejandro Beliz Castilliano Del Eclessias Felizes Gallo Hidalgo Imperiosa Juarez Los Llamas Mares Nueves Ores Pimienta Queso Rey Sucre Taco Umberto Vega Xavier y Zorro, Tercero Duque de Tocino.
Is he related to a well known German music composer?
Old 2009-10-13, 21:25   Link #106
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Is he related to a well known German music composer?
Actually, I was originally going to go that route. But judging from the fact that he already seems to have a small fanclub, creating my lovely Spaniard was a better choice. If someone actually draws this character (and/or the genderbend) I will probably die of a laughter-induced aneurysm.
Old 2009-10-13, 21:32   Link #107
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Naturally. They're very easy to tell apart. And of course have the obligatory crush on Kyon/Kyonko. They try to woo their respective targets with mastery of Flamenco and Spanish Guitar. Also curly mustaches. Both of them. Yes, the girl has a curly mustache too.
Would this include a passionate tribute to Llamas?
Old 2009-10-13, 21:34   Link #108
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Would this include a passionate tribute to Llamas?
Naturally. Both the Duke and Duchess are accomplish Llamaologists, and run, among other estates, their family's powerful coffee empire. Indeed, the arrival of Alejandro/Alejandra would lead to some stiff competition with Mikuru/Mitsuuru's tea-brewing prowess.
Old 2009-10-13, 21:35   Link #109
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
I always preferred tea to coffee meself.
Old 2009-10-13, 21:48   Link #110
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
There's, from what I can recall, a total of 10 espers connected to Haruhi. Why would the Organization willingly put more than two of them on an island cut off from the rest of the world, especially when their goal is to provide Haruhi with a scenario that could very easily result in closed space forming?
If you can link evidence for that, I would appreciate it. Truthfully, I don't recall there ever being any mention as to how many espers are connected to Haruhi. I was always under the impression that there were considerably more than just ten.
Old 2009-10-13, 21:58   Link #111
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Actually having more on the island were the one who can make closed space would make sense, since the rest of the espers couldn't get there to help if things went badly. Since in the one incident we see the espers at work there are I think four of them fighting in closed space.
Old 2009-10-13, 22:30   Link #112
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
I double checked, and Kogetsu is correct in that Arakawa does not have his full name reveal. As such, I'm inclined to believe that he's not an esper. I still in the belief that Mori and the Tamaru brother are, though.
Old 2009-10-14, 00:16   Link #113
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
If you can link evidence for that, I would appreciate it. Truthfully, I don't recall there ever being any mention as to how many espers are connected to Haruhi. I was always under the impression that there were considerably more than just ten.
It's in Vol. 1, in Koizumi's first infodump.

And just because there are only ten "True" Espers does not preclude the existence of people with other kinds of powers, which the Tamaru Brothers might well be.
Old 2009-10-14, 00:32   Link #114
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
People like Nakagawa? Although Nakagawa had a USELESS power.
Old 2009-10-14, 00:51   Link #115
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I figure Arakawa is the brains of the outfit. The one pulling the strings, while the other four known people are the espers.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:14   Link #116
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I figure Arakawa is the brains of the outfit. The one pulling the strings, while the other four known people are the espers.
Other four? I am missing someone? Arakawa, Mori and the two Tamuru brother, only 3 besides Arakawa.

Anyway, I only thinked as only Mori as an ESPer, but, yeah, the brothers indeed have first name, so are suspicious as well. Mori is a better bet cause she receive more attention in the novel.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:24   Link #117
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... You forgot Koizumi.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-14, 01:26   Link #118
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah, Koizumi...the one confirmed esper, is also on the island. I think it is those four since we only have confirmation of there being four espers in Closed Space.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:27   Link #119
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
...lol.

I really neve considered he/you might be speaking about him.

PP:
Btw, I don't know where this theory Arakawa is the leader come from. He is the taxi driver, no leader is a taxi driver. Also, it aways seemed to me that Koizumi is the one who boss him around (caling him whenever he need a taxi and for the mystery games). Koizumi might have a hight rank, being an ESPer, but I am sure he is a low tier ESPer right? So, I guess he has no autority over other ESPers. That is a good conter argument agains "Mori and/or the Tamaru brothers are ESPers", however, we never see Kozumi ordering then to do anything, only Arakawa.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:45   Link #120
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Koizumi is low-ranked, according to Nagato, which is probably due to his age.

Why on Earth would you give some kid actual power in a worldwide secret organization, even if he does turn into a ball of fire on weekends?

Also, as far as taxi drivers being the masterminds... I will say it wouldn't be the first time I've seen it done.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters