AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-05, 18:46   Link #1001
Nosauz

If there were to be a sequel I would want something more gritty compared to the manga. Because lets face it, until recently in the manga, Ga rei is pretty much your typical shounen, while ga rei zero is far more darker. I just find it to be misleading to do an accurate anime adpation of the manga to be a follow up to Zero
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 19:11   Link #1002
konart

Quote:
while ga rei zero is far more darker.
Only episodes 1 & 2.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 19:18   Link #1003
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Only episodes 1 & 2.
You must have missed ep 6 through 12. I suggest you watch them...
Old 2009-03-06, 01:49   Link #1004
8zjvm

Hope this is alright:

GRZ pics:

Sources are in the pics' file properties.
8zjvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 05:32   Link #1005
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
If there were to be a sequel I would want something more gritty compared to the manga. Because lets face it, until recently in the manga, Ga rei is pretty much your typical shounen, while ga rei zero is far more darker. I just find it to be misleading to do an accurate anime adpation of the manga to be a follow up to Zero
Pretty much agree. Having read the manga before the prequel anime, it felt a bit like that other shounen "demon/monster" slaying manga Bleach, no offence intended to anyone who might be offended with this comparison.

For the record, even I'm starting to get sick and tired of Bleach with its lack of direction and convoluted fight after fight after fight. (I mean every word I said, so if you still remotely like Bleach, too bad. )

Fortunately, the Ga-Rei manga hasn't gone there, yet, and I certainly hope it doesn't fall (too much) in that direction in the forseeable future.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 07:36   Link #1006
Eric10301

Does the only guy to survive from the first cast (the guy at the grave in the beginning) actually come into play with the manga? If he does then I might feel a bit better about the stunt they pulled in the beginning. The way this show was setup really ruined by enjoyability, I spent 11 episodes waiting for some sort of explanation/character back story for the first set of people killed and we were never given one. While killing everyone was a good ploy to get me interested in the end it just kind of pissed me off.
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 08:01   Link #1007
Nosauz

First set of people play zero affect in the manga, their not mentioned at all. Everybody dies, and to be honest, the cg beast and the intial two episodes turned me off to the series because it reminded me too much of blassreiter which I wasn't really a fan of. I actually enoyed 3-12 a whole lot more, and in the end the tone of zero just doesn't match the manga. It was actually pretty ingenius, killing off the initial cast, I think it was pretty awesome overtop action series. I think it was kind of a scare tactic to those who read the manga, to tune in to find out what happened to kagura, I mean who can get enough of loli kagura? I for one can't. Was it a cheap thing to market the show to be about the team taht gets killed? maybe but in the end it was an interesting method of story telling.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 08:21   Link #1008
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
Does the only guy to survive from the first cast (the guy at the grave in the beginning) actually come into play with the manga? If he does then I might feel a bit better about the stunt they pulled in the beginning. The way this show was setup really ruined by enjoyability, I spent 11 episodes waiting for some sort of explanation/character back story for the first set of people killed and we were never given one. While killing everyone was a good ploy to get me interested in the end it just kind of pissed me off.
Are you talking about Tooru? Sorry to tell you this, but he died also at the end of the first episode. I think it's a testament to how the show was able to give us interesting characters that we want to see more of when people constantly bring up the team from the first episode. I saw a show with a similar first episode I honestly didn't care much about their deaths unlike this show. The Ga-rei Zero world was unfair to a lot of people but I think that is the main point of the first episode. I love that episode.
Old 2009-03-06, 15:18   Link #1009
signorRossi

Didn't have some of the characters killed off in the first episode a cameo somewhere later in the show?
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 15:19   Link #1010
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
Didn't have some of the characters killed off in the first episode a cameo somewhere later in the show?
There was mention of bike-fu girl, I haven't gotten that far yet into the series.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 15:28   Link #1011
Arm
*Fansubber

Quote:
Yes. Episode 3 onwards were in the form of a flashback, so the characters who were killed off in episode 1 were alive at that time.
Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 18:20   Link #1012
careph

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Suffering leads to salvation!
Not in this case, no. Among the cast of naive, ignorant, bitter and desperate characters there is not a single one that could even come close to breaking the vicious circle. Suffering only leads to more suffering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Anyone know how well the DVDs are doing? (how many bought). Like what's the probable height/popularity it needs in order for there even to be a "thought" of having a second season?
It was the third-most discussed fall anime on 2ch, if that's any indication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8zjvm View Post
Hope this is alright:

GRZ pics:

Sources are in the pics' file properties.
You, good sir, are awesome. Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Episode 7, 12:30-12:38
Episode 8, 13:44-13:48
Episode 9, 11:38-11:49

My Vote is in for an OVA. Preferably about the cast killed in episode 1 and a high percentage of raw Yomi. Exploring Mitogawa's past, his connection to the death of Kagura's mother, the whole vatican sesshouseki business etc. would be intriguing as well. Or maybe an OVA about all the things that happened when Yomi was in coma. Towards the end, the anime created a lot of plot holes and concentrated on involving the viewer emotionally, which it did pretty well. Plot-wise it was quite thin. No real need to touch the manga material, there are still plenty of topics unresolved in the anime.

Last edited by careph; 2009-03-06 at 18:55.
careph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 18:48   Link #1013
Eric10301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Are you talking about Tooru? Sorry to tell you this, but he died also at the end of the first episode. I think it's a testament to how the show was able to give us interesting characters that we want to see more of when people constantly bring up the team from the first episode. I saw a show with a similar first episode I honestly didn't care much about their deaths unlike this show. The Ga-rei Zero world was unfair to a lot of people but I think that is the main point of the first episode. I love that episode.
I got confused for a moment in ep12 when they showed an injured soldier loaning the teams helicopter to Kagura and the rest of them. I thought it was Tooru but it wasnt . Now that i know he was just cannon fodder then I have to say this show drops a notch in my view.
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 20:07   Link #1014
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by careph View Post
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Along these lines? Heh, somehow fits.
I agree with this. 2x

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 02:20   Link #1015
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm View Post
Yes. Episode 3 onwards were in the form of a flashback, so the characters who were killed off in episode 1 were alive at that time.
Of course, stupid me.
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 04:10   Link #1016
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Great anime.

Personally, so many scenes were unsatisfied it but i understand some of them can't be helped. And this 's truly few of success adaptation i have ever seen (especially between manga-anime)

The two things that i wished to see the most after all these are:
Spoiler for Possibly from manga, don't read if you don't want to be spolied:

-10/10 for Animesuki poll (if we will have one) and 9/10 for my own personal marking scheme (i have a quite strict marking scheme =] )
Old 2009-03-07, 04:32   Link #1017
shinwa
fuuu~

Yomi revival, no objection but uniting with Kagura would make her, Kagura to ditch Kensuke aside :3
shinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 06:55   Link #1018
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
You two should pay the manga thread a visit
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 04:14   Link #1019
kenecix

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Great anime.

Personally, so many scenes were unsatisfied it but i understand some of them can't be helped. And this 's truly few of success adaptation i have ever seen (especially between manga-anime)

The two things that i wished to see the most after all these are:
Spoiler for Possibly from manga, don't read if you don't want to be spolied:

-10/10 for Animesuki poll (if we will have one) and 9/10 for my own personal marking scheme (i have a quite strict marking scheme =] )
Well... your ans is in the manga...
kenecix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 13:55   Link #1020
8zjvm

Sources are in pictures' file properties:

For the third picture from the left, I believe it goes something like this (left to right, top to bottom): kiss to the forehead, kiss to the nose, kiss/bite! to the ear, kiss to the lips? No clue about the very bottom part of the image, though - help would be appreciated for that part and also the fourth image!
8zjvm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen