AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-09, 04:09   Link #161
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
An otaku term for a character who is outwardly mean, but sweet on the inside. Naru from Love Hina is a good example.
To be a little more accurate, tsundere means a character (usually girl) who acts cold or demeaning (the "tsun" part) (or in western terms, like a bitch) towards the main character (the guy) at first, but over time begins to show her soft and gentle side (the "dere" part) to the main character as their relationship deepens.

Most of the time, whenever you see a potential love interest for the main character who's cold or mean towards him in the beginning, she can probably be classified as a tsundere, since it's almost certain that her "dere" part will show at some point.

...Well, most of the time. Haruhi is... eh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Hah~ I was able to rip the OP for my cell phone~ Now I can listen to Yuuko's offkey singing everytime my phone rings~ XD Interestingly enough, people find it hauntingly catchy...
Watch out for the poisoning... Too late?
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 08:21   Link #162
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This Anime is GODLY AWSOME

This thread is so obscure and hard to find...

Damn what a 1st ep... the most WTF moments ever... they are so good, they made it clear from the gate go that the hole show would be a parody for the actual thing (the offkey singing) but I still got triked and only figured it out leter...

What's with the insane animation at the end ... I knew half way when the amateur camera muvements started that it wasn't the real deal... but WTF is with this anime... who are the animators...

So Harushi is the main caracter (does she show in the film thing at all... whos the narator suppose to be anyway ) and she has the power of a god ... nice to hear it's not one of those love triangle anime... defenetly watching this, hell just because of the animation cuality at the end and the sheer ginius of it all I'll stick with it to the end... if the world really is going to end

Do they have a real live Harushi in the production crue that wishes the anime to be total smart-ass and total-adiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I didn't expect it to be so hilarious LOL That was a great watch ^-^ can't wait for more ^-^
I was so suprised and dumfunded by the sheer quality of it all that I think my brain stoped while I watched it... when Harushi apeard in the last moments I was like WWWWTTTTTTFFFFF.... NNNEEEEDDDD... MMOOORRRREEEE.... NNNOWWW
Harushi has to be the cutest caracter in the show... the ilustrations of her don't look that grate in my eyes... but when she's animated she's fukin' gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Watch out for the poisoning... Too late?
Know of any antivenom...
I hope they keep the op offset singing in the next ep of the anime... that was so sweet
*goes to join the rest of the Harushi zombies*

I can just see a thread for this after ep2,3... something like the one for f/s night... please
*proceeds to discussing with herself until the series thread is up* (j/k)

Question for those how know much more about the show.
Does the little god have parents ? or relatives...
Old 2006-04-09, 11:29   Link #163
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I don't think this has been posted here but... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=86B_EJQf_yg&search=haruhi

It's the Haruhi ending with Gundams Some wota with a lot of time...

EDIT: whoosp, it's been posted already - sorry for the double post! Evidently my search skillz are greatly in need of honing.

I'm totally expecting people to do a version of it with the figurines of the characters when or if they come out.
The owner of the video has removed it. Does anyone have a copy of this to upload?
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 12:47   Link #164
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You are so unluky, I remember it beeing there a few hours back...

Spoiler for What it is about:
Old 2006-04-09, 13:26   Link #165
Thelastguardian

tsundere

wikipedia-
# Asakura Nemu (Da Capo)
# Mizukoshi Mako (Da Capo)
# Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
# Sawagashi Airi (Kage Kara Mamoru)
# Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
# Narusegawa Naru (Love Hina)
# Aoyama Motoko (Love Hina)
# Kagurazaka Asuna (Mahou Sensei Negima)
# Oba Eimi (Comic Party Revolution)
# Sawachika Eri (School Rumble)
# Tohsaka Rin (Fate/stay night)
# Chidori Kaname (Full Metal Panic!)
# Asahina Suzuka (Suzuka)
Old 2006-04-09, 14:07   Link #166
Keitarou
Ninja

Episode 2 aired already and as expected it goes back to the beginning. While I can't comment on novel, it followed the second manga and only changed small bits. The real opening is a feast for the eyes, even more so than the ending already way, and the song, sung by Haruhi (Aya Hirano) is quite good as well. Animation is godly, light years from any other current series away. Kyons monologues are simply great and make a lot out of the show. There's nothing I could complain about so far. Need more episodes, now. :)

Haruhi's different hairstyles are a win by the way. ;)

I wonder what everyone's favourite scenes are. I would probably go for...

Spoiler:

Thumbs for episode 02.

Haruhi with odango style is cute:

"I'm watching you."
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 14:41   Link #167
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
edit: What I mean to say is did he do something unmentionable. Also, what does tsundere mean?
Tsundere, complete with visual examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
What's with the insane animation at the end ... I knew half way when the amateur camera muvements started that it wasn't the real deal... but WTF is with this anime... who are the animators...
Kyoto Animation. The production studio that is known for high quality sakuga production values. The same people who brought to us "Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu," "AIR," and "Full Metal Panic! the second raid."

Quote:
So Harushi is the main caracter (does she show in the film thing at all...
x Harushi
o Haruhi
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 14:43   Link #168
Spuffy
オウカ~

I thought this was kind of fun:

Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 14:43   Link #169
Julius Firefocht

I approve of those gifs that Keitarou posted up! Thanks, Keitarou!
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 14:44   Link #170
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou

wth look at the bounce on mikuru =D , i thought a ceratin type of support 'appartus', called a bra was made to stop that, but hey mikuru looks cute so bounce is good.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 15:00   Link #171
Omniscient

Episode 02 Screencaps

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 15:05   Link #172
apr
Pedestrian

Brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant genius brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant fantastic brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant!

I can't hype this enough. Episode 2 did not disappoint!

(and the bloomer shot in the opening, aaagh!!!!1)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-09, 15:16   Link #173
Akirasuto.

Hello, just watched ep 2 and... the dancing ED video in full size. Looks like someone got their wish ^_^

The OP has a positive feel and yay for the different costumes.

Last edited by Akirasuto.; 2006-04-09 at 15:31.
Akirasuto. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 15:34   Link #174
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Episode 02 Screencaps

Spoiler:
my nose is start bleeding watching those screen caps =D who is the girl grabbing Haruhi's **** =D ?
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 15:46   Link #175
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
my nose is start bleeding watching those screen caps =D who is the girl grabbing Haruhi's **** =D ?

lol i think thats Haruhi grabbing mikuru, look at the size and hair =D
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 16:20   Link #176
dxgarten

Brief summary, Screencaps, and OP/ED theme

For those who want the bigger version of the Ending theme, I got it on the link above. I also think this episode is awesome. It's funny and actually contains some interesting plot. I was especially amused at the way poor Asahina Mikuru gets dragged into SOS.
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 16:38   Link #177
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

... and here I was beginning to think it was going to be a quiet spring before the summer. Entertaining stuff and excellent art/animation here.
Old 2006-04-09, 16:53   Link #178
Sakuya
*Artist

Wow, they enlarged the ED's dance sequence. Can't wait to see episode 2. So is there really a hint of a plot in episode 2? Just wondering where it will go.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 17:01   Link #179
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

They kept Kyon's monologues, THANK YOU GOD (KYOANI)!!
On top of that, they even kept that unique thing where the Haruhi would reply to Kyon's comments/tsukkomis even though he didn't actually say them out loud (many of the off screen lines from Kyon were not spoken lines).

Oh, and the appearance of CompAce and Comptiq... I have both of those issues and it cracked me up.

The "3 weird things about Haruhi" section was brilliantly done too, I really loved how they handled the hairstyle part. ^^

The episode ended with the announcement of the creation of SOS-dan, which is a good place to cut off.

Oh, for the next episode preview:

Mikuru-chan's first sacrifice for SOS-dan, just thinking about it now is making me laugh. Goto Yuuko's voice is too incredible
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 17:03   Link #180
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Hmmm, I think the novels are done by Noiji Ito, who did Shakugan no Shana. (looking at the character designs of the novels and the way the eyes are drawn and such) (no, I haven't checked yet, so don't blame me if it has already been pointed out )

If so, this series will probably be the roxorz series of the season. SnS was awesome, and seeing another of Ito's novels animated will be a dream. This series is already doing excellent without knowing who made it.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen