AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 02:49   Link #1
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Date A Live: Rinne Utopia (デート・ア・ライブ 凜祢ユートピア)

Game Homepage.

General Date A Live Wikipedia page.

Based on the light novel, Date A Live: Rinne Utopia apparently takes place in an alternate setting from the novels and anime.
Old 2013-04-26, 03:14   Link #2
NK141
Some Random Guy

Any idea whether this maybe released in western countries? cause im greatly interested
NK141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 04:05   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK141 View Post
Any idea whether this maybe released in western countries? cause im greatly interested
I'd say.................incredibly slim. While the people behind the Agarest War series have taken part in making this game, there's really not much Stateside popularity for visual novels. Unless this game isn't just a visual novel. (though it's most likely, according to the full-length trailer above)
Old 2013-04-26, 04:07   Link #4
xizro345
King's Justice

It's actually developed by STING (RED did the first two Agarest, Mariage is a whole different thing), which also made the White Album PS3 ports, aside the the better known SRPGs they're famous for.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 05:23   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
It's actually developed by STING (RED did the first two Agarest, Mariage is a whole different thing), which also made the White Album PS3 ports, aside the the better known SRPGs they're famous for.
But Compile heart is taking part in their development. Sting is co-developing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compile_Heart
Old 2013-04-26, 05:40   Link #6
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But Compile heart is taking part in their development. Sting is co-developing.
It means Sting is doing most of the work. It's nothing new, actually, if we talk about CH. For example, Tamsoft is credited by "Co-developing" Neptune PP, but they're doing the work.
Agarest was done almost by RED before they got bought, hence why they changed developer with Mariage. IF has an history of letting other developers work on certain games as well.
Old 2013-04-26, 05:44   Link #7
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well my whole point has nothing to do with how much of the work Compile Heart is doing. My point was answering NK141's question, my response being that though this game is being partly developed by Compile Heart, some of whose games have been released Stateside, this particular game probably won't make that cut since there's no real market for visual novels in the US.
Old 2013-04-26, 05:49   Link #8
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Well my whole point has nothing to do with how much of the work Compile Heart is doing. My point was answering NK141's question, my response being that though this game is being partly developed by Compile Heart, some of whose games have been released Stateside, this particular game probably won't make that cut since there's no real market for visual novels in the US.
Thinking about the idea is just a waste of time, IMO. This game has zero chances of getting outside Japan, Visual Novel market or not (same for games like Monster Monpiece).
Old 2013-04-26, 10:33   Link #9
Iggy_Pop

Did I just saw Tohka and Kotori fighting back-to-back? Okay, tempted really hard to buy it
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 19:38   Link #10
sky black swordman

^ Know how you feel.

I'm on the fence about really buying this game. The only thing that's stopping from buying it is the fact I can't read japanese!
Old 2013-04-26, 20:59   Link #11
Shinhwa
Banned

Screw the other heroines and just go with Kurumi 8D
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 04:19   Link #12
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Know how you feel.

I'm on the fence about really buying this game. The only thing that's stopping from buying it is the fact I can't read japanese!
I strongly suggest you avoid it then. Being a VN it'll be story-heavy so you'll be missing 90% of the content or so (the rest being CG).
Old 2013-05-07, 08:49   Link #13
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
Did I just saw Tohka and Kotori fighting back-to-back? Okay, tempted really hard to buy it
I wonder against who they're fighting against.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 13:59   Link #14
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So which version of the game release has the Kurumi Drama CD? I know the limited edition has the special artbook and the drama CD with Rinne, Kotori, and Touka.
Old 2013-05-10, 01:28   Link #15
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

UPDATE:

Voice samples for the new character, Rinne.

More audio commentaries from the voice actresses.
Old 2013-05-11, 14:20   Link #16
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
So which version of the game release has the Kurumi Drama CD? I know the limited edition has the special artbook and the drama CD with Rinne, Kotori, and Touka.
If you Preorder the game, you get a Bonus Drama CD. So if you want to get both Drama CD's, I advise you preorder the game before it's released. I'm very much looking forward to the game since I like Tsunako's art and I'm enjoying Date A Live's novels and anime.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 02:12   Link #17
Iggy_Pop

I'm gonna order mine from Animate, it has a store exclusive drama cd as a bonus. Between this game, Mind 0, Kamen Rider Battleride Wars, my wallet is gonna get a lot thinner this year Damn you japanese games.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 13:20   Link #18
AkitoW013

Pre-ordered mine today on amiami !
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 15:58   Link #19
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
I'm gonna order mine from Animate, it has a store exclusive drama cd as a bonus. Between this game, Mind 0, Kamen Rider Battleride Wars, my wallet is gonna get a lot thinner this year Damn you japanese games.
I hear ya. In the past few months I've imported more Japanese Games than American ones. I also preordered the game, but from CD Japan. You get the Bonus Drama CD for preordering, as I mentioned before, and a store exclusive Kurumi Micro-Fiber Cloth.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 21:07   Link #20
iamadooddood
NOM.

I found it quite ludicrous that people kept saying "ZOMG pregnancy endings WT@$%#". After all, they should be expected, considering that one of the heroines is Origami. No, wait, scratch that, I'd be surprised if she didn't have a pregnancy ending. As for other heroines, well, given what the Oreimo PSP game gave us, I wouldn't put it past DAL:RU to give them pregnancy endings as well.

That aside, after I read the article, I think that ANN might have been talking about something else instead, and were completely misled. I don't think Enterbrain has anything to do with DAL. Unless Enterbrain was the error, but then who cares if they get it right anyway?

P.S. I got someone to help me pre-order the limited edition off Wondergoo. B2 tapestry, here I come!
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote