Notices

Old 2013-06-06, 18:44   Link #2341
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
í canīt understando the final is kyouske and kirino or not
"Maybe".

They say they're back to normal siblings, but the story ends with Kyosuke kissing her. They leave it up to you to decide what that means.
Old 2013-06-06, 18:48   Link #2342
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
í canīt understando the final is kyouske and kirino or not
Here is a short summary from the member sigup.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
[/QUOTE]

And the moment this is what we know about volume 12. This are the roumers that are correct and confirmed by others.

So to fully know what really happend we have to wait till volume 12 is translated. Because much questions are not answered yet.

Edit: thank you relentlessflame. You bit me to it.

And about kuroneko, ayase, manami he rejected them.
Old 2013-06-06, 19:07   Link #2343
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

What IF the novel is going to get a volume 12.5 True End.......
Old 2013-06-06, 19:13   Link #2344
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
What IF the novel is going to get a volume 12.5 True End.......
Other than a short story like the one proposed to come with the anime BD vol. 1, I don't really see where else they have to go with the story now. Certainly I can't imagine there's enough there for a whole other novel. Most of the open plot threads with the other characters have been resolved now along with all the mysteries about Kyousuke and Kirino's past and reconciliation. The only thing I could think of for a possible sequel would be side-stories.
Old 2013-06-06, 20:10   Link #2345
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

It seems things have quieten end down here, I guess everyone is taking time to digest the ending. I'm think soon enough I am going to grow the expectation that most endings in general are not going to be as satisfying as the journey getting there.
Old 2013-06-06, 20:22   Link #2346
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
It seems things have quieten end down here, I guess everyone is taking time to digest the ending. I'm think soon enough I am going to grow the expectation that most endings in general are not going to be as satisfying as the journey getting there.
Yeah, the morning shock of the ending has started to settle in to everyone. We are all trying to figure out how we actually feel about the ending and are waiting on actual translations of the novel so we can read it. Well, at least I am doing that, since after sitting here for eight hours straight earlier I have seen/said everything I could about ten bullet point spoilers.

Well they do say that the journey is greater than the destination. Thing about overall conclusions as well, everyone has their own idea about how the story should end based upon their experience with the piece of literature and interpretations so a ending that satisfies everyone is not possible, something that has been said multiple times on here.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:41   Link #2347
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Honestly, I don't think there was really any ending that was going to leave everyone totally satisfied, so disappointment is probably to be expected.
With all the different shippers, that's to be expected :P

My gripe is more that the author basically took his story down the usual harem comedy route pretty much the whole time, decided to pull a DEM at the end by declaring one winner and insta-killing the rest, yet still closed it out with a "JUST KIDDING!!! or am I!!!??? LOLOLOL", reverting right back to the usual harem comedy routine, and IMO making the whole thing feel rather jarring and poorly thought-out.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:46   Link #2348
Assort Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Here is a short summary from the member sigup.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-06-06, 20:52   Link #2349
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
With all the different shippers, that's to be expected :P

My gripe is more that the author basically took his story down the usual harem comedy route pretty much the whole time, decided to pull a DEM at the end by declaring one winner and insta-killing the rest, yet still closed it out with a "JUST KIDDING!!! or am I!!!??? LOLOLOL", reverting right back to the usual harem comedy routine, and IMO making the whole thing feel rather jarring and poorly thought-out.
This is exactly why I'm holding off my full judgement on the ending until I read everything first hand. From the spoilers this appears to be how it played out but context plays a huge roll in things so having all of it is preferable.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:54   Link #2350
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I can't really agree here. The usual "harem comedy route" by its very nature involves keeping the readers speculating 'till the end about who the protagonist will choose, and this means obscuring his feeling to some degree. But it was increasingly clear over the last two volumes (the lead-up to this finale) that Kyousuke was going to make his feelings known, and this would as a result put an end to the rest of available paths. Calling this "Deus ex Machina" doesn't make sense to me at all, as there were plenty of signs throughout the work that pointed to this, even though they were subject to interpretation so as to keep the mystery.

As for what happened at the very end, I think we need to read the way it was written to judge fully, but an ending where Kirino and Kyousuke become a couple, everyone accepts it, and "they live happily ever after" wasn't going to happen for a lot of reasons. So in that sense, the sort *wink wink* ending is probably what should be expected. I wouldn't really consider this a "harem comedy routine" at all (which would have been more "the game's still afoot/nothing's settled", which this is clearly not).

So... again, like/dislike notwithstanding, looking back at the dots that led us to this point, I don't really see anything jarring or "poorly thought-out", barring the fact that the author chose to keep the big reveal to the very end, which means a lot has to get resolved at once (even though the pieces had been set-up for a long time). But again, we need more details from this volume before we can see the remaining pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
These pages have actually been posted out there on the Net, so the details are known.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Volume 12 summary points
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-06 at 21:09.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:55   Link #2351
sleepingleo

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
The context was posted some pages ago. Basicly, Kirino taunted Manami by showing off telling her: "I won Kyousuke, how does it feel? trollface(?)" . And Manami showed her how she felt. In my book Kirino well deserved that punch.

About the ending i'm not angry or mad. Just sad and terribly dissapointed. I mean, I would have prefered an open "To Love-RU" ending with "And their crazy days go on" thant this bs. Another great story with a horrible ending.

Today I have been a sad panda.
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:03   Link #2352
finalfury
Incognito

So did anyone see the illustration with the proposal thing and Kirino's reaction to it?
Edit: I found some dialogue lines for people who want to know what Kyousuke said to Manami:
Spoiler for Kyousuke goes insane in his pursuit for love:

credits to Salo-Heika from myanimelist forums and possible others

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-06-06 at 21:16. Reason: useless
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:04   Link #2353
Assort Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
The context was posted some pages ago. Basicly, Kirino taunted Manami by showing off telling her: "I won Kyousuke, how does it feel? trollface(?)" . And Manami showed her how she felt. In my book Kirino well deserved that punch.
Yeah, I was going back the pages since I was surprised all this ending spoilers came so suddenly. That was really a bad move on Kirino's side, though.

Anyway, it's a shame that Kuroneko didn't win in the end but incest is fine, too.
Old 2013-06-06, 21:11   Link #2354
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
This is a bit off topic. But this spring anime season is one of the best seasons that we had for a long time now.

And looking at what is comming for summer. It is full of crap. Only one or two animes are good so far. Damnnnnnnnnnnnn whyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

Well hopefully in autumn season we will have some better animes.

If volume 12 is out. Hopefully baka tsuki will translate it very fast. Because in one week or so they translated whole volume 11 of oreimo. BAKA TSUKI COME ONEEEEEEEEEE!!!! you can do it.

That tittle and description is?
Sorry, I know people always have this misconception about Baka-Tsuki, but I have to set it straight somehow every now and then. Baka-Tsuki is merely a wiki site (+community) for random fan translators to upload their fan translations. It's a community of a myriad of contributors and not a tightly banded fan translation group with strict rules and clear goals with respect to projects. If you want to credit (or for some others, bash), you should attribute it to the right person in question, rather than just Baka-Tsuki as a whole as if it were a translation group. For Oreimo, you can either thank GVN Chaos on his VM board, PM, or do it through the appreciation/thanks thread at Baka-Tsuki forums.

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoilers
Spoiler for reply
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:12   Link #2355
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
Though I totally agree it was a dumb move, in fairness to the other side, from Kirino's perspective, Manami has been getting in her way for years and she's the one who caused the siblings to become estranged in the first place. Kirino still shouldn't have gloated and rubbed it in her face... but I understand Kirino's overflowing resentment as well. There were lots of "rivals" for Kyousuke's affection, but this is the only rivalry that was completely bitter both ways.

Edit: I suppose in retrospect, Manami's true character (shown in Volume 11) was the biggest "reveal" of the entire work. Sort of "always fear the quiet ones..."
Old 2013-06-06, 21:20   Link #2356
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Though I totally agree it was a dumb move, in fairness to the other side, from Kirino's perspective, Manami has been getting in her way for years and she's the one who caused the siblings to become estranged in the first place. Kirino still shouldn't have gloated and rubbed it in her face... but I understand Kirino's overflowing resentment as well. There were lots of "rivals" for Kyousuke's affection, but this is the only rivalry that was completely bitter both ways.

Edit: I suppose in retrospect, Manami's true character (shown in Volume 11) was the biggest "reveal" of the entire work. Sort of "always fear the quiet ones..."
Unlike Kirino's other shenanigans, she properly paid the price for her actions this time. I like to think Manami's punch and whatnot as karma for how Kirino treated Kyousuke during the time he was trying to rectify his relationship with her.
Old 2013-06-06, 21:24   Link #2357
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Unlike Kirino's other shenanigans, she properly paid the price for her actions this time. I like to think Manami's punch and whatnot as karma for how Kirino treated Kyousuke during the time he was trying to rectify his relationship with her.
I dont like the plain, silent types like Manami. I see it like this. Her plan didnt play out like she wanted. that is why she was pissed.

They caled her a grandma (because her attidude). But looks like she doesnt hit like a grandma.
Old 2013-06-06, 21:35   Link #2358
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Kirino got what she deserved with that punch, plain and simple.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:39   Link #2359
maplehurry

That could've caused abortion if Kirino was pregnant.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:44   Link #2360
GVN.Chaos

Quote:

These pages have actually been posted out there on the Net, so the details are known.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Volume 12 summary points
I think that fro her Pov, while this is a bad move, it's satisfiying enough for her threw that line. Just like ME3, even the most Paragon Sheparh will put a knife in Kai Lang's gut.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings