AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2011-03-11, 12:04   Link #661
Snowman24

Rofl! I've got a writers challenge for all you authors! I've completed my own challenges given to me, but I have one now: an entirely WHAT IF!!
Spoiler for challenge:

Last edited by Snowman24; 2011-03-11 at 23:39.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 15:34   Link #662
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Oh, the story of Emily Bierlert, eh? Kinda thought of that idea a while ago... Too bad I barely have time to even write my own stories...
Old 2011-03-11, 16:54   Link #663
DC20

We'd be allowed to make it a twincest story, right?
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 18:01   Link #664
Snowman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
Too bad I barely have time to even write my own stories...
That's too bad Mr. Wang, I check the fanfiction site everyday, hoping to see a new chapter to your story I also miss your reviews for my stories Whatever happens, I hope you come back to that site and update, review and to find out what happens next in your story!

@DC20, if the fanfiction site allows for that kind of stuff or if here does, then knock yourself out :P More than one author can write their own version, be cool to see multiple versions I think
Old 2011-03-11, 19:22   Link #665
DC20

---
Message too short.
Old 2011-03-11, 20:41   Link #666
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
I also know of places you could post such a thing if FF.net didn't allow for it. I wouldn't be able to post it here, though.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 03:43   Link #667
Snowman24

one of these days I wanna do a Class G 'Battle Royal' fanfic, based off of the Japanese movie.

The 'battle ground' is the academy, it works perfectly, it's SO big and has an entire moat around it and high walls to prevent escape. Bixby goes crazy and takes the role of the insane teacher and the students are the ones who have to fight eachother.

Given in VC2 there are alot more students who outright hate one another more than they ever did in VC1 would work so much better, they'd have nothing really holding them back from participating like the VC1 characters.

And there are those who chose to stay in their own groups, within their own races like Mischlitt. Lol, it would work out far better than the Valkyria Chronicles 1 Battle Royal fic I was secretly developing for the last 5 months.

Course, if I ever did this, it would be an M rating.
Old 2011-03-12, 04:11   Link #668
DC20

Just for thought, what was keeping the Squad 7 characters from hating each other? I don't see any reason why one character can't hate another even if it isn't explicitly stated in game (Maybe Nina just plain thinks Freesia is a bitchy slut). Also, I think a Battle Royal style fic would be far more interesting if the characters DON'T necessarily explicitly hate one another. Brings in more conflict when they're finally forced to do each other in.
Old 2011-03-12, 06:03   Link #669
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
one of these days I wanna do a Class G 'Battle Royal' fanfic, based off of the Japanese movie.
The thought of Class G all turning on each other--I don't want to think about it!

Admittedly, we'd all know who the Mitsuko of this story would be.
WordShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 06:42   Link #670
DC20

Yeah, Reiner was kind of a whore.
Old 2011-03-12, 07:11   Link #671
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

The 'battle ground' is the academy, it works perfectly, it's SO big and has an entire moat around it and high walls to prevent escape. Bixby goes crazy and takes the role of the insane teacher and the students are the ones who have to fight eachother.

Given in VC2 there are alot more students who outright hate one another more than they ever did in VC1 would work so much better, they'd have nothing really holding them back from participating like the VC1 characters.

And there are those who chose to stay in their own groups, within their own races like Mischlitt. Lol, it would work out far better than the Valkyria Chronicles 1 Battle Royal fic I was secretly developing for the last 5 months.

Course, if I ever did this, it would be an M rating.
You gotta do it at the beginning. Once you play through every classmate mission, you can't go about writing the first chapter. Only 1 Darscen hater remains at the end, and along the way, you uncover a romance story and tender sides to just about everyone. Not to mention Avan.

I, on the other hand, am thinking about where the rest of Class G were during '35. Chloe is drawing propaganda along the way, Helmut is probably fighting alongside his Imperial squadmates. But, what about the rest? Or where Nameless were in '37. No doubt, most of them probably resided in the North, far from the fighting. Still, it will be interesting if any picked up arms against the rebels.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2011-03-12 at 07:49.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 23:51   Link #672
Snowman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupimviet View Post
Admittedly, we'd all know who the Mitsuko of this story would be.
Lol, how about who would play Kawada Shogo or Kazuto?
Old 2011-03-13, 03:19   Link #673
Runty

Well, I barely know a thing about what's being talked about above, but I suppose it could work for an AU fanfic. Well, maybe...

Snowman, since you're probably at work now on the Magari fanfic (I hope), I thought I might as well provide a few more ideas for VC2 one-shots that you could potentially use in the future. For safety, I'll wrap each story in spoiler tags in case you haven't done the character events.

Spoiler for Coleen:
Sounds a bit fairy tale-ish, huh? I think someone of your caliber could pull it off, though, Snowman.

(Don't read this one unless you've finished Nichol and Franca's storylines; pretty big spoilers)
Spoiler for Franca:
You could make a small twist here or there, but I really do recommend that you run through Nichol and Franca's stories at some point. They're quite... interesting.

That's all I've got for now. What do you think?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 19:51   Link #674
Snowman24

^I've only looked at the Franca and Nichol one and it's a pretty good idea. I've finished both of their stories and.... Wow.... I didn't see that one coming... yikes...

I'm currently using Coleen right now and don't have much of her story yet, I'll look at your other idea once I have her whole story.

Also, I'm kind of juggling an idea around right now: It involves an EW1 War Hero
Spoiler for new fanfic idea:

I must say, VC2 is giving me SO many ideas for new one-hit fanfics that it's amazing!! It's a gold mine for someone like me!! hehe, I think my one-hit thread will be filled with stories in the near future. I also have good news, my hours at work have changed, now I have SO much more free-time!! It will be divided into finishing VC2, the game and continuing my fanfics over at the other fanfiction site.

Though, I think I'll get to work on what I've stated above for my new idea.
Old 2011-03-14, 20:20   Link #675
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I just wished that VC2 had VC3's leveling system for classes and 3 having 2's system of tech levels. Really, figuring out which missions to do to increase your tech level is not funny.
Old 2011-03-14, 21:31   Link #676
Owlette

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I just wished that VC2 had VC3's leveling system for classes and 3 having 2's system of tech levels. Really, figuring out which missions to do to increase your tech level is not funny.
See my reply from the another thread to avoid the off-topic one.

Last edited by Owlette; 2011-03-14 at 21:40. Reason: Moved the post to the another thread for correction.
Owlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 03:33   Link #677
Snowman24

Here's a first peek at my Magari fanfic, an extremely rough draft that I started just an hour ago.

Spoiler for Magari fic:

Ok... I have to admit it... Magari is ALMOST on par with Nadine for my favorite VC characters. Except that Nadine is much more kind, thoughtful and willing to risk much more than Magari, so it's close... but no one has yet to replace Nadine as my all-time-favorite VC character in the entire VC world!

P.S. I was SO happy when Mischlitt told Zeri that she was reading a romance book written by NADINE!
Old 2011-03-18, 09:34   Link #678
Runty

Quote:
Here's a first peek at my Magari fanfic, an extremely rough draft that I started just an hour ago.

Spoiler for Magari fic:

Ok... I have to admit it... Magari is ALMOST on par with Nadine for my favorite VC characters. Except that Nadine is much more kind, thoughtful and willing to risk much more than Magari, so it's close... but no one has yet to replace Nadine as my all-time-favorite VC character in the entire VC world!

P.S. I was SO happy when Mischlitt told Zeri that she was reading a romance book written by NADINE!
Nice preview Snowman.
Spoiler for ...:

And as another bit, I just thought up two more possible VC2 oneshots. They feature Noel and Alexis/Inghild, so don't read these if you haven't completed their stories.
Spoiler for Oneshots:
What do you think?

Last edited by Runty; 2011-03-18 at 12:07.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 23:45   Link #679
Owlette

Spoiler for Reply for Runty:

Another than that, I liked it as I enjoy to read your oneshot story.
Owlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 13:28   Link #680
Snowman24

@Runty: Lol, thanks for the quick review, even though it's not complete yet. Yeah, like I said, it was a rough draft, the first stuff I wrote without really looking it over or spellchecking it and stuff. It's what came to mind when I started typing.

Oh, don't you worry about Rene, Runty, If you remember what she said in the game: "I don't take kindly to guys harrassing Magari!!"

I'd hate to be those Rebels once Rene arrives on the scene...

They've already hurt her BFF physically... it's gonna be pure murder once she gets her hands on them, I'm sure!

@Owlette: Thanks for the kind words, I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest of the story, once it's finished

-So, I don't think I'm going to have time to write today, taking a trip into the city for some shopping and visiting friends. I'll probably start sometime Sunday and hopefully it'll be up by Monday, my minds bursting with ideas for this story!!

@Runty: I had two ideas of how they were going to locate Magari
Spoiler for ideas...:

But, I think I'll ditch those two ideas for what you suggested. That sounds like a better idea anyhow. I'll try to show a different side to Rene, a slightly meaner, snappier version. Only because she's so worried about Magari. She knows how pretty Magari is and has an idea of what those rebels will do to someone as beautiful as her if she's still alive.

That may lead to some rash actions, such as after they capture the rebel scouts and whatever else might happen during the mission.

I do however have some questions:

-Should Welkin bring the Edelweiss for this mission? assuming he still has it, I'd bet Marion would have a meltdown once she sees a one of a kind tank like the Edelweiss and volunteer in a heartbeat to join the mission

-I don't think all of Class G will join, there are some who don't care for Magari, *the Darcsen haters* But who are some key characters I should include? Rene's a no brainer, same with Mischlitt and Zeri and of course Avan, but who could some other minor characters be?

-And... how far should the rebels get with Magari before help arrives? I think if Rene heard Magari screaming and shrieking in terror once they arrive, it could trigger something inside of her and cause her to charge on ahead of everyone else or something to that sort.

-Should I include any other EW2 vets, or just Welkin leading the cadets?

Lol, looking at this, this seems like it'll be a minor Collab fanfic between us authors.

Last edited by Snowman24; 2011-03-19 at 13:53.

Tags
fanfiction